Has anyone received this unit yet?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayme David View Post
Has anyone received this unit yet?
I haven't, I ordered it one day after it was announced here (7/24/2018), FWIW
Old 3 weeks ago
It's almost October, any status update on when these might start to ship or has anyone here received a unit (or heard audio of a unit for that matter)? Ordered mine 7/26/2018.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Nothing here. Ordered mine 7/30/2018. Just got an email today saying my 50% discount offer (an apology for the long wait) expires on 9/30/2019. I won’t place any new orders without hearing/seeing/feeling my current order in my studio first. So that was disappointing to read as Stam has some very appealing offerings.

I also saw some confusing correspondence regarding the order of shipment. One post (by Joshua on Facebook, I believe) stated that stock SA-4000mk2’s would be completed and shipped first, followed by those with the Neve and API output mods. The other post said that orders would be completed and shipped in the order that they were received. I ordered the Neve mod and I would like to think i’m fairly close to the front of the line since I ordered mine just a few days after the mk2 was announced in late July 2018. I’d love some clarification on this. I’m fine with waiting if that’s what it takes to get them built right. Clear correspondence is key in keeping expectations in check though.

Can you clear this up, Joshua or Camila? Thanks.

Last edited by SHIRK; 3 weeks ago at 11:21 PM..
Old 3 weeks ago
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHIRK View Post
Nothing here. Ordered mine 7/30/2018. Just got an email today saying my 50% discount offer (an apology for the long wait) expires on 9/20/2019. I won’t place any new orders without hearing/seeing/feeling my current order in my studio first. So that was disappointing to read as Stam has some very appealing offerings.

I also saw some confusing correspondence regarding the order of shipment. One post (by Joshua on Facebook, I believe) stated that stock SA-4000mk2’s would be completed and shipped first, followed by those with the Neve and API output mods. The other post said that orders would be completed and shipped in the order that they were received. I ordered the Neve mod and I would like to think i’m fairly close to the front of the line since I ordered mine just a few days after the mk2 was announced in late July 2018. I’d love some clarification on this. I’m fine with waiting if that’s what it takes to get them built right. Clear correspondence is key in keeping expectations in check though.

The best is to contact Camila at [email protected]

I am focused 100% on engineering these days and will not get involved in shipping dates because I will only end up causing more confusion and misinformation which I have done in the past

She will give you an accurate timeline

I am not very good at that bit as most of you know by now
Old 3 weeks ago
Did anybody else get the email about the sudden change with the 50% discount we were all offered? I got the email today and all of a sudden we have until Setptember 30th to decide which we want and put the deposit down. That's in 3 days. Just wanted to let people know because mine went straight to spam so most of you won't see this before it's already passed Sept 30th.

Joshua, I have a question. Camila wrote a list of products she "suggests" getting because they are set to be shipped this year. Seems like the sa-609 is set to ship year but she didn't add that to the list, nor is the 1176 or the SA-2A+. I am way more interested in any of those products than the ones she suggests. Will that still be possible to choose from those?
Old 3 weeks ago
I did not receive an email about a change in 50% offer, not even in the spam folder, but I have not received email updates in the past despite trying several times to correct that with Josh, I thought we finally had that sorted out but I guess we don't. I emailed Camila, let's see if she gets back to me on the shipping status of the units.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
I have a sa4000 mki. Is it possible to put in an original dbx 202c?
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Nothing here. Ordered mine 7/30/2018. Just got an email today saying my 50% discount offer (an apology for the long wait) expires on 9/30/2019. I won’t place any new orders without hearing/seeing/feeling my current order in my studio first. So that was disappointing to read as Stam has some very appealing offerings.

Nothing here either, I ordered mine without transformer option 10/4/18. I also did not receive an email saying my 50% discount was going to expire. The same 50% discount that was supposed to help me cope with the initial estimate of 8-10 weeks .....and every failed estimate since then. I'm with you, there is no way I'll commit to another piece until I see something actually delivered from them. For that matter, it doesn't work for me to choose gear and then wait a year for it, and I think many people would not if they were honest and looked at their average customer wait times. Last email from Josh said first units shipping Sep 25, last units shipping Nov 25. I bet you anything they haven't shipped a unit yet and next thing we will hear around Dec 1 is that February 2020 is the new target. At that point I will get my money back.
Old 1 week ago
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by evoltap View Post
Nothing here either, I ordered mine without transformer option 10/4/18. I also did not receive an email saying my 50% discount was going to expire. The same 50% discount that was supposed to help me cope with the initial estimate of 8-10 weeks .....and every failed estimate since then. I'm with you, there is no way I'll commit to another piece until I see something actually delivered from them. For that matter, it doesn't work for me to choose gear and then wait a year for it, and I think many people would not if they were honest and looked at their average customer wait times. Last email from Josh said first units shipping Sep 25, last units shipping Nov 25. I bet you anything they haven't shipped a unit yet and next thing we will hear around Dec 1 is that February 2020 is the new target. At that point I will get my money back.
You just lost a bet cause we have shipped quite a few

If you did not receive the 50% discount email please contact [email protected]

If you don't want to commit to another piece then that's fine, you don't have to, I don't make any profit out of you doing so, you are the one that saves 50%, not me.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Just received a message from Camila. Stock SA-4000 mkII's will start shipping this month (October). Once those orders are completed, they will begin fulfilling orders with the Neve and API mods and shipping those in November. So my wait continues. Please keep us updated.
Old 1 week ago
I emailed Camila on 9/27 (~12 days ago) regarding the status of my unit and still haven't heard anything back. Josh, please stop telling us to email Camila if she isn't going to respond. The excuse of "we get a lot of emails and some go missing" doesn't fly in 2019, there are several excellent support ticketing platforms (even free ones!) for managing customer support/order requests so that things don't fall through the cracks. Customers who paid deposits shouldn't be left wondering if their order is even in the queue to ship, let alone when that shipment is going to happen.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Just received a message from Camila. Stock SA-4000 mkII's will start shipping this month (October). Once those orders are completed, they will begin fulfilling orders with the Neve and API mods and shipping those in November. So my wait continues. Please keep us updated.
I ordered mine with NEVE MOD back in August 2018 - was supposed to ship last November. Last email from Josh was Feb 2019.

It feels like DejaNoProductVu all over again?

Can someone PM me contact info for Camila.

Thanks,
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk95 View Post
Can someone PM me contact info for Camila.
Check post #580 .
Old 1 week ago
Had to tap out.

After waiting more than 1 year I received an email that said they needed more time because of they are at capacity working on the Pultec, 1073 and Fairchild.
Wish I had known from the start that all of the product line was this backed up.

Good luck guys
Old 1 week ago
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat Instinct View Post
Had to tap out.

After waiting more than 1 year I received an email that said they needed more time because of they are at capacity working on the Pultec, 1073 and Fairchild.
Wish I had known from the start that all of the product line was this backed up.

Good luck guys
We are hands full on but we are getting 50 more out this month on the SA4000 as well, unfortunately there is hundreds upon the hundreds waiting for one

We are doing the absolute best we can and are taking measures to speed up things

Apologies for the long wait
Old 5 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuanaconda View Post
We are hands full on but we are getting 50 more out this month on the SA4000 as well, unfortunately there is hundreds upon the hundreds waiting for one

We are doing the absolute best we can and are taking measures to speed up things

So 50/month and you have hundreds upon hundreds of orders for the SA4000 mkII? The guy who started this thread ordered one in July 2018 and hasn't gotten his....on one hand I appreciate the honesty, but that sure doesn't jive with the email you sent me saying they'd all be shipped out by Nov 25.... From your email:

"The earliest your unit will ship is the 25th of this month and the absolute latest and last units on the 25th of November. This is the most accurate time frame I can give you based on how long it is taking me to build each piece."

I'm assuming since you started the company, you are very proficient with a soldering iron. I'm sure you could personally complete at least on unit per day. Just my $0.02, but that seems more productive than using your time with rapid response damage control on Gearslutz. Hell, I would happily take shipment right now of the parts with instructions and assemble it myself.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuanaconda View Post

Go as fast as you can without losing out on quality assurance! People may whine and moan about slow delivery but they will REALLY be whining if the quality standard drops to appease the impatient.
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
Go as fast as you can without losing out on quality assurance! People may whine and moan about slow delivery but they will REALLY be whining if the quality standard drops to appease the impatient.
^ This.

I’d rather wait and get something quality then get something halfassed quickly.

That said, I do wish you guys could be more forthcoming with updates. I’ve emailed Camila twice now, and have yet to receive a response for both my SA4000 MK2 compressor and my SA4000 EQ.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search