The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Stam Audio - SA4000 MK2
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardis View Post
So you're trashing people that paid good money for a product they never heard, who has problems with suppliers, for the most part are in a different country, and have no notion of when they will be getting their product?

You may have money to gamble with but don't assume others do......

Glad to see Stam is trying to turn the ship around, but communication costs nothing and isn't difficult to do.....
Pretty much, yes. Absolutely!. Once you got to spend yourself a couple grand on a real SSL. Then let me know how you think.

This whole process or should I say business, of re-creating duos if higher end legendary gear, at a fraction of the cost, it’s still in its infancy. It’s going to come wih some growing pains, for everyone. Which mature people should register as, let me be patient, I realize I’m getting a way better deal than I deserve for the amount of money I’m spending.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryjohns View Post
Pretty much, yes. Absolutely!. Once you got to spend yourself a couple grand on a real SSL. Then let me know how you think.

This whole process or should I say business, of re-creating duos if higher end legendary gear, at a fraction of the cost, it’s still in its infancy. It’s going to come wih some growing pains, for everyone. Which mature people should register as, let me be patient, I realize I’m getting a way better deal than I deserve for the amount of money I’m spending.
A real SSL comes with a dealer network and support structure. Also resale value years down the line. There are many well meaning companies that made excellent products (like Woolly Mammoth and Dietzengoff), that couldn't sustain success. There are plenty of companies that have been cloning gear with success and usually don't release a bunch of new products before finishing delivery on what they've promised FWIW.....

"Mature" people take that into consideration also, so I hope Stam is successful, but I understand the people you call idiots, being nervous when they blow through promised delivery dates and don't communicate well.....

BTW "Mature" people usually don't boast about how successful they are while talking down to others, but maybe I'm old fashioned.....
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:

You know, for someone who like's to bloviate about how smart he is and how dumb everyone else is... you sure could use some grammar lessons.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanRyder View Post
Inside #SSL FX-G384 - SSL X-Logic G-buss - #stam #sa4000
Is this for real?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuanaconda View Post
We will do that
Comparisons is being made tomorrow I believe
Yes, August is realistic for us, we will be free by then to start getting these out
Any news about the comparison?
Old 2 weeks ago
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Progmatic-Studios View Post
You are joking right?
Don’t think it looks similar at all tbh.
Where’s the pic you uploaded last Monday? Maybe I’m wrong
Joking about what?

Sorry, I don't follow
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

I just sent an email asking about the status of these units before I found this thread. I understand that delays can happen, but regular email updates for customers who have already deposited money would help.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Hi Josh,
I‘m a big fan of your products!
In June I have made a preorder for the SA 4000Mk2 with the NeveMod!
Question: Must I pay now the whole price to get the order in August/September?
Or Must I pay the Rest, when the unit is ship ready?

Thanks!

Marcus
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedbear View Post
The complaints are legitimate and fair. There has been some appalling customer service that was just unnecessary and a little bit of being straight up would have greatly alleviated. This is why the very subject matter of delays and customer service was a major part of a recent video where Joshua was being interviewed.
Thanks for bringing that video to my attention. It can be viewed at

for those who are curious!

Last edited by doom64; 2 weeks ago at 07:06 AM..
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
No, you all are acting like children who have no clue how the world works and how complicated it is creating a small business...
OMG. The Internet cried.

Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I ordered and paid my unit in May 2018 (changed my order to the MK2 version in August 2018) and I have still not received my goods. I've already sent over 20 mails... That's very frustrating!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzjoe View Post
I ordered and paid my unit in May 2018 (changed my order to the MK2 version in August 2018) and I have still not received my goods. I've already sent over 20 mails... That's very frustrating!
1 year waiting since you changed to mk2? WTF!
Old 1 week ago
So glad i'm not endlessly waiting in vain, for yet another copy of the real thing anymore.
Old 1 week ago
Company Rep
Quote:
So glad i'm not endlessly waiting in vain, for yet another copy of the real thing anymore.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

So when can I expect my comp to ship ?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Inside FX-G384 - SSL X-Logic G-buss
STAM

Gyraf's GSSL

It looks far more like that than the SSL product.
Old 1 week ago
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by londonengineer View Post
STAM

Gyraf's GSSL

It looks far more like that than the SSL product.
And how is that relevant?

Does a PCB layout influence something?

That is the MK1 by the way
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
And how is that relevant?
Because you copied a copy, not even the original.
Quote:
Does a PCB layout influence something?
Absolutely, but there's no way I'm helping you out with examples.
Old 1 week ago
Company Rep
Quote:

You are incorrect

Both the SA4000MK1 and M2 follow the original SSL schematic

The Gyraf replica or clone had quite a few differences

No, PCB layout is irrelevant within standards.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
What's your problem man? take it easy.

Daniel.
Old 1 week ago
Company Rep
His problem is his dislike for me and my company

He has also posted on other Stam Audio threads about disliking that we recreate vintage units that are not longer made, I guess he does not like companies that copy or replicate others people work. I don't like that either, we just make stuff that is not made anymore

Strangely enough he is not a client and probably never will be, some people just have too much free time I guess

Last edited by joshuanaconda; 6 days ago at 09:27 AM..
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

What a sad post.
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Amazing pics, thanks for sharing

The SA4000MK2 does look a lot like the G384 you have shared here with it's 202 cans. I will upload a pic on Monday on here

Funny how identical circuits can have different layouts
Can you upload a pic?
I’m curious to see since I can’t hear it yet.
I wish there were audio demos as well, as it is stated to be different than the MKI but the only audio/video I can find online are of the MKI.

For now, I’m waiting to get my 1073eq before considering a next Stam audio product or not.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search