The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Stam Audio - SA4000 MK2
Old 13th June 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHIRK View Post
nice cans...

Excited to hear what you guys come up with.
This picture is enough to make me salivate.....
Old 16th June 2019
Here for the gear

Did anyone else get an email from josh saying he needs to call you about your order? Also, did anyone get this call?
Old 16th June 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbidtales View Post
Did anyone else get an email from josh saying he needs to call you about your order? Also, did anyone get this call?
I did. And I actually called him. He just wanted to apologize for the delay and ask me if I was cool with getting my unit in July instead of June. I said "no problem, man. Do what you gotta do". Not sure if that changes my spot in the cue or not but so it is.
Old 16th June 2019
Lives for gear

So someone has gotten his mk2?
Old 16th June 2019
Company Rep
Nobody yet
Tomorrow we are sending serial 0001 but I am afraid I still have another 5 weeks soldering the StamChild, 1073 and Pultec's before we can get on this
Hands are completely tighten at the moment, we are working at full capacity
As soon as we are done with these the entire team will work on the SA4000 to get them out ASAP
Apologies guys, I am embarrassed to make you wait but I promise you will be very happy with these
They are on a different level
Old 17th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuanaconda View Post
Nobody yet
Tomorrow we are sending serial 0001 but I am afraid I still have another 5 weeks soldering the StamChild, 1073 and Pultec's before we can get on this
As soon as we are done with these the entire team will work on the SA4000 to get them out ASAP
Apologies guys, I am embarrassed to make you wait but I promise you will be very happy with these
On the new site says the next batch will be August 2019. Do you think you guys you be able to deliver on this date?
Old 17th June 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Nobody yet
I am tired of waiting and waiting and waiting....
Old 17th June 2019
Lives for gear

Wishing a comparison of mk1 vs mk2 to hear the differences
Old 17th June 2019
Quote:
Nobody yet
Hi Joshua,
Good to hear about the updated ETA. Maybe if you got a few finished (like 5 or so) ahead of August and sent out to some customers, they could do some demos and upload so we could hear the unit would be nice. Like being given a few candies on the way to the party - it would make the waiting easier on the soul

hardwarepimp
Old 17th June 2019
Company Rep
We will do that
Comparisons is being made tomorrow I believe
Yes, August is realistic for us, we will be free by then to start getting these out
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
We will do that
Comparisons is being made tomorrow I believe
Yes, August is realistic for us, we will be free by then to start getting these out
I look forward to that comparison.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Stam Audio

One thing with Stam Audio.. They may take extra long to deliver, but when you get your unit it will be more than worth the wait and price point.

While there are numerous complaints about them being very late with fulfilling orders... I am yet to see someone complain about the sound of their unit once received..
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Hi guys. I'm new to the conversation and i have a couple of questions.

Has anyone ordered from the UK?
And if so what were your shipping, duty and VAT costs?

Thanks in advance
Old 4 weeks ago
Inside ssl fx-g384 - ssl x-logic g-buss - stam sa-4000

Inside #SSL FX-G384 - SSL X-Logic G-buss - #stam #sa4000
Attached Thumbnails
Stam Audio - SA4000 MK2-493a6850-2.jpg   Stam Audio - SA4000 MK2-image_4165_0.jpg   Stam Audio - SA4000 MK2-493a6886-2.jpg  
Old 4 weeks ago
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanRyder View Post
Inside #SSL FX-G384 - SSL X-Logic G-buss - #stam #sa4000
Amazing pics, thanks for sharing

The SA4000MK2 does look a lot like the G384 you have shared here with it's 202 cans. I will upload a pic on Monday on here

Funny how identical circuits can have different layouts

Last edited by joshuanaconda; 4 weeks ago at 03:21 PM..
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Nobody yet
I just don't understand one thing, Josh:
Obviously Stam-Audio products are very sought-after and a lot of people are waiting for their SA4000 MK2 's and their Stam-Childs, SA-550A's and whatnot.
All those who are waiting paid you good money and there's another bunch of people willing to pay you good money IF you can actually deliver. So I am really wondering why you not just hire 5 more people who can solder and get things sorted and ready quicker? Then hire 2 other people for accounting and logistics and you can focus on development/production?
I just don't get it ..
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
There is this saying that nine women can't make a baby in a month.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by midmost View Post
Obviously Stam-Audio products are very sought-after and a lot of people are waiting for their SA4000 MK2 's and their Stam-Childs, SA-550A's and whatnot.
All those who are waiting paid you good money and there's another bunch of people willing to pay you good money IF you can actually deliver. So I am really wondering why you not just hire 5 more people who can solder and get things sorted and ready quicker? Then hire 2 other people for accounting and logistics and you can focus on development/production?
I just don't get it ..
There's a ton of reasons why that might not make any sense. For instance, what if they don't have all the components on hand to build all the different units anyway? If you hired five people without the supplies, you're losing money. The supply chain for electronics generally doesn't run through Chile, so PCBs are coming in from China, transformers from Europe, etc. All that takes time. And when you're ordering in bulk to get a discount, that means you need to order in advance. They may be cascading orders so units sold today (or pre-orders), for example, could be paying in part for components needed for next year's builds. Changing that model to one where they place even larger orders and try to keep everything in stock year-round could require a lot more startup money, larger facilitaties, etc. The money/logistics required don't just magically fall out of the sky.

Also, hiring five people doesn't magically mean they can build the things in the first place (more likely than not there's a training/ramp-up period). And even if they wanted to, it's not like you can/should just hire the first five people you see. Finding good people can be hard. And again, even if you had the components and orders to support five people, what if you don't have the space for them to work?

I'm not saying any of this applies to Stam per se, just pointing out that there could be a million reasons or combination of reasons, why just hiring more people to ship more order to make more money isn't as simple as it sounds at first.
Old 4 weeks ago
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by midmost View Post
I just don't get it ..
I have hired 28 people in the last 2 years my friend

We make things by hand and this takes time but it is also what allows us to use better components and achieve the results we get

We are producing over 3.000 units year

We have very high demand from all over the world and we are adapting to it, we grew to fast and had to make a lot of changes

Josh
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey Stace View Post
Hi guys. I'm new to the conversation and i have a couple of questions.

Has anyone ordered from the UK?
And if so what were your shipping, duty and VAT costs?

Thanks in advance
VAT is 20%
Duty is 3.5%
Total fees: £172.00

Shipping is £82.50
SA-4000 is £628.00 (from stock - not pre-order)

Grand Total: £882.50

Take off £78.50 if you pre-order your unit.

You're welcome!!!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Amazing pics, thanks for sharing

The SA4000MK2 does look a lot like the G384 you have shared here with it's 202 cans. I will upload a pic on Monday on here

Funny how identical circuits can have different layouts
You are joking right?
Don’t think it looks similar at all tbh.
Where’s the pic you uploaded last Monday? Maybe I’m wrong
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Can Josh please upload an image of his actual unit insides?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I have hired 28 people in the last 2 years my friend

We make things by hand and this takes time but it is also what allows us to use better components and achieve the results we get

We are producing over 3.000 units year

We have very high demand from all over the world and we are adapting to it, we grew to fast and had to make a lot of changes

Josh
All of you kids should grow up. This guy is offering incredibly valued gear at s fraction of the cost, and you need to be patient. Joshua is not some major company with Major investors, he is a small business owner that has made his share of understandable mistakes biting off more than he can chew possibly.

You complainers can spend your money elsewhere if you want, just a few years ago getting high quality gear like Joshua makes was unattainable. Stam Audio is currently doing it better than Warm Audio and KT, which both do a solid job in their price range.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryjohns View Post
All of you kids should grow up. This guy is offering incredibly valued gear at s fraction of the cost, and you need to be patient. Joshua is not some major company with Major investors, he is a small business owner that has made his share of understandable mistakes biting off more than he can chew possibly.

You complainers can spend your money elsewhere if you want, just a few years ago getting high quality gear like Joshua makes was unattainable. Stam Audio is currently doing it better than Warm Audio and KT, which both do a solid job in their price range.
There is nothing childish about not being happy with multiple deadlines being passed. The complainers have and will be spending their money elsewhere.

I am glad Josh finally said it like it is...Stam Audio grew too fast. I respect that, as a fellow businessman.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

The complaints are legitimate and fair. There has been some appalling customer service that was just unnecessary and a little bit of being straight up would have greatly alleviated. This is why the very subject matter of delays and customer service was a major part of a recent video where Joshua was being interviewed. Thankfully it appears things are changing and moving forwards and hopefully it’s going to get better from here. It’s looking like Stams communication will be more transparent and the timelines more realistic, i’m sure in large part due to the ‘complainers’ you’re choosing to patronise.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedbear View Post
The complaints are legitimate and fair. There has been some appalling customer service that was just unnecessary and a little bit of being straight up would have greatly alleviated. This is why the very subject matter of delays and customer service was a major part of a recent video where Joshua was being interviewed. Thankfully it appears things are changing and moving forwards and hopefully it’s going to get better from here. It’s looking like Stams communication will be more transparent and the timelines more realistic, i’m sure in large part due to the ‘complainers’ you’re choosing to patronise.
No, you all are acting like children who have no clue how the world works and how complicated it is creating a small business. If these guys were directly competing with SSL or Universal Audio then I’d agree with you, but that’s not the case, you idiots are complaining why you can’t live in a mansion on a trailer park budget. Go ahead and keeping buying your trailer park parts and remain confused why you’re not living in the lap of luxury in your rectangle mansion on 8 wheels

Good freaking luck finder similar priced quality gear!!!!!!!!

Clueless, simple as that!

Not to brag, but I run a 40mil a year business, I’m pretty sure I know what I’m talking about. You can write me off if you want, I could care less!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
No, you all are acting like children who have no clue how the world works and how complicated it is creating a small business. If these guys were directly competing with SSL or Universal Audio then I’d agree with you, but that’s not the case, you idiots are complaining why you can’t live in a mansion on a trailer park budget. Go ahead and keeping buying your trailer park parts and remain confused why you’re not living in the lap of luxury in your rectangle mansion on 8 wheels������

Not to brag, but I run a 40mil a year business, I’m pretty sure I know what I’m talking about. You can write me off if you want, I could care less!
Your business would be nothing without customers, if you commit to a client to a date, you must meet the date, you may not meet sometime for any unforeseen, but if you do not meet any customer, you will be without them.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
No, you all are acting like children who have no clue how the world works and how complicated it is creating a small business. If these guys were directly competing with SSL or Universal Audio then I’d agree with you, but that’s not the case, you idiots are complaining why you can’t live in a mansion on a trailer park budget. Go ahead and keeping buying your trailer park parts and remain confused why you’re not living in the lap of luxury in your rectangle mansion on 8 wheels������

Thanks for the ‘how these things work’ world advice.

I’m 40, run a small business in the creative industry that supports myself and my family. My business survives on the relationship with my customers.

You sound and write like someone born in a mansion with a silver spoon. You’ve got a 40mil business and now want to swing your big john around like someone who knows something.

You think telling your customers a delivery date, not delivering, then not communicating, then not delivering, then telling them a date, then going silent and on and on isn’t something that needs addressing?

Your head’s so heavily expanded you seem to be missing the point that what is being asked for is basic communication, and Josh is currently responding by putting that right thankfully.

As a business owner, what are some of the core principles you have in communicating with your customers?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedbear View Post
and Josh is currently responding by putting that right thankfully.
And yet the tears haven't stopped flowing.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru
Quote:

So you're trashing people that paid good money for a product they never heard, who has problems with suppliers, for the most part are in a different country, and have no notion of when they will be getting their product?

You may have money to gamble with but don't assume others do......

Glad to see Stam is trying to turn the ship around, but communication costs nothing and isn't difficult to do.....
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search