The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Stam Audio Stamchild SA-670 Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Is the price still $2,999 or has it gone up to $3,500? The site suggests $2,999.
Old 3 weeks ago
Company Rep
Pre order is 2,990
Stock will be 3,500
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamj31 View Post
Incredibly excited for this! I ordered minutes after announcement and have paid all installment requests, so I have to be close to the top of the list!
Same here day of and paid all instalments, still waiting on pultecs from yr+ ago and LA3a yr ago ... some day :P They told me they would be shipping everything out at end of april. Atleast this time i knew not to expect any contact come may first
Old 2 weeks ago
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker3 View Post
Same here day of and paid all instalments, still waiting on pultecs from yr+ ago and LA3a yr ago ... some day :P They told me they would be shipping everything out at end of april. Atleast this time i knew not to expect any contact come may first
Hello Sir!

We are one month behind on what I told you

I can have your Pultec ready by the end of this Month and the StamChild probably 2 weeks after

We are almost there, the long wait is about to be over with all units!!

Thanks for the patience

My number is 56 9 42252131 , feel free to call me anytime

Josh
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Okay the folks who got it post a youtube video of it. Would be interesting to hear it in action.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by IzzyRock View Post
I’ve got mine today guys. It’s real.
Gotta make some room for proper testing but so far looks very well built. Thanks Joshua !
Cool now post s video of it in action.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Video? Proper sound samples needed.

Could an owner run this file through it, then we can hear it vs the competition (POM, QES etc)...

Mastering Compressor Comparison (Audio Samples)

Dry file linked in the OP.
Old 1 week ago
Hi Joshua. Emailed you on your website and didn't hear back so I though I'd ask here. If I put a deposit down now, is it at the pre-order price? If so, (or not) please tell me realistically how long it will be before I actually get one. I live in the northeastern states. Thanks much.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizards Machine View Post
Hi Joshua. Emailed you on your website and didn't hear back so I though I'd ask here. If I put a deposit down now, is it at the pre-order price? If so, (or not) please tell me realistically how long it will be before I actually get one. I live in the northeastern states. Thanks much.
I asked the same question just above and he confirmed that it's still the preorder price. Regarding real-world delivery estimates, you might want to read the rest of the thread. Stam-provided delivery dates vs. actual delivery times is sorta the whole reason for this long and heated thread. You might get an estimate, but it won't likely be accurate. Existing customers' feedback will be more reliable.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
I asked the same question just above and he confirmed that it's still the preorder price. Regarding real-world delivery estimates, you might want to read the rest of the thread. Stam-provided delivery dates vs. actual delivery times is sorta the whole reason for this long and heated thread. You might get an estimate, but it won't likely be accurate. Existing customers' feedback will be more reliable.
Thanks, yes I read the whole thread. Just wondering if the timeline will speed up now that units are being delivered (since they aren't in development anymore and are in actual production.)

I guess it comes down to how long the wait list is, and of course how fast Stam will be filling those orders. I have a feature I will be starting and would love to use it on it.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

So far, we've just gotten evidence of one unit that shipped to a guy in Chile. No one else has commented that they've gotten a unit, there are no real product demo videos (and only one video of an existing unit that anyone has made public, really), and Stam even told me a few days ago that it was still going to be a while. If you have an upcoming project on which you'd like to use this, I think you are likely to be EXTREMELY disappointed if you order one because it's HIGHLY unlikely that you are going to get one any time soon. Stam might tell you otherwise, but you can draw your own conclusions about what they tell people based on their history. At the beginning of the year, they claimed to have made bigger changes and were promising an eight-week delivery time on the Stamchilds. Some improvements have been made, but they've been pretty small changes. If you have no problem waiting and have absolutely NO expectations about the delivery time, you'll be okay. Otherwise, you might want to think twice before pulling the trigger. Josh says that you can always cancel your order and get your money back, but you might want to save yourself some hassle if you're expecting to get one of these for a specific upcoming project.

Chris Garges
Charlotte, NC
Old 1 week ago
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgarges View Post
So far, we've just gotten evidence of one unit that shipped to a guy in Chile. No one else has commented that they've gotten a unit, there are no real product demo videos (and only one video of an existing unit that anyone has made public, really), and Stam even told me a few days ago that it was still going to be a while. If you have an upcoming project on which you'd like to use this, I think you are likely to be EXTREMELY disappointed if you order one because it's HIGHLY unlikely that you are going to get one any time soon. Stam might tell you otherwise, but you can draw your own conclusions about what they tell people based on their history. At the beginning of the year, they claimed to have made bigger changes and were promising an eight-week delivery time on the Stamchilds. Some improvements have been made, but they've been pretty small changes. If you have no problem waiting and have absolutely NO expectations about the delivery time, you'll be okay. Otherwise, you might want to think twice before pulling the trigger. Josh says that you can always cancel your order and get your money back, but you might want to save yourself some hassle if you're expecting to get one of these for a specific upcoming project.

Chris Garges
Charlotte, NC
Thanks for your positive post and what you are implying with it towards me.

Unfortunately (or fortunately) you are mistaken, I have called several clients over the phone who have reserved their StamChild and the first 30 are going out in a few weeks. If anybody would like to have a quick call you can send me your number at [email protected] and I'll gladly to discuss the project and when it will be invoiced and shipped

We will increase that number to 50 a month after that

Videos have been made, they are being edited
Thanks.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuanaconda View Post

Thanks.
Joshua, maybe you'd like to contribute to a new thread I've started on Fairchild comparisons? (see below) I'm sure your forthcoming videos and answers to questions would be appreciated.

My question is a simple one: how many tubes are you using?

Thanks

Fairchild Compressor Comparison Thread (Hardware only)
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I'm not implying anything. Just stating facts. Tell me one fact that I stated that is incorrect.

I know that if I had ordered mine for a specific project based on the projected delivery date, I would be disappointed at this point.

Chris Garges
Charlotte, NC
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'm not implying anything. Just stating facts. Tell me one fact that I stated that is incorrect.

I know that if I had ordered mine for a specific project based on the projected delivery date, I would be disappointed at this point.

Chris Garges
Charlotte, NC
What do you wish to accomplish via your obsession with this topic and pouncing on Stam at every opportunity (in fact creating opportunities where they don't exist)? What happens to Stam and the SA670 in a scenario where you get your way? Are they to go out of business for you to feel adequate retribution?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
What do you wish to accomplish via your obsession with this topic and pouncing on Stam at every opportunity (in fact creating opportunities where they don't exist
Someone asked if stuff had changed at Stam so he could order one of these and get it in time for a specific project. I just stated the situation for him so he doesn't get bummed out like so many other people. I didn't tell him not to order one and I never said anything implying that I hope Stam goes out of business! I told him some things that I hope will help him make his own decision based on whatever he needs. I hope Stam doesn't fold. But I've been consistently misled by them over and over again, whether it's intentional or not. I'm not saying it is, I'm just laying out facts. I did my research before ordering, but based on the promises of hiring more people, making better efforts at communication, and a bunch of other stuff that Stam promised, I chose to order one. Here I am, five weeks past the delivery date I was repeatedly promised both before and after I placed my order with no indication of when mine will arrive other than a bunch of speculation. I've outright said on here that Stam is making progress and that I'm happy to see certain things happening, but please tell me one thing about my post above that is not accurate. When I do finally get my Stamchild, assuming it happens before I can't have money tied up in it any longer, I'll report on it. If no one has done comparison videos or audio samples, I'll try to get around to that, too, because I think it would be helpful to folks--- INCLUDING Stam. I'm just trying to make sure that people have the facts so they can make their own decisions. He asked, I replied.

No one attacked me when I shared the first video of the Stamchild here.

Chris Garges
Charlotte, NC
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Someone asked if stuff had changed at Stam so he could order one of these and get it in time for a specific project.

Chris Garges
Charlotte, NC
Yes, that was me and I thank you, Chris. Thanks for the good communication.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yes, that was me and I thank you, Chris. Thanks for the good communication.
You're most welcome.

I hope we all get our Stam products soon and this whole thing can go away.

Chris Garges
Charlotte, NC
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Reading this thread and shaking my head.

With so many reputable companies making great products, I honestly don't know how any of you can deal with this lack of professionalism. More power to you.

I hope your fairchild copies bring you great joy, but personally i wouldn't care if it sounded like heaven in a box, and made me coffee afterwards, there's no way i'd be rewarding a company with my business that operates the way stam audio does.

My 2c
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSH View Post

With so many reputable companies making great products, I honestly don't know how any of you can deal with this lack of professionalism. More power to you.

I hope your fairchild copies bring you great joy, but personally i wouldn't care if it sounded like heaven in a box, and made me coffee afterwards, there's no way i'd be rewarding a company with my business that operates the way stam audio does.

My 2c
Generally speaking....

you know that old saying.....

cheap
fast
good

Pick TWO (at best)

well...
In my experience Stam is cheap, and (the hardware) is good

not fast at all... in fact super slow.

so..... as long as you know what you are getting.... what is the problem?

other than wildly missing every milestone promised by Stam (from what I have seen) but I put that under NOT fast.

just MY 2c.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

My 2c
I'm guessing you're new to the world of boutique audio, but this M.O. for new products isn't quite unique. And if the 670 sounds as expected, there won't be a single owner who remembers the shipping delays, much less this pathetic thread. A faithful analog Fairchild is an amazing piece of kit, and at this price it's going to squash many of the bad vibes and memories. Not for everyone, I guess, but to refuse to jump on the train out of principle would really only affect that person. Not Stam.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
I'm guessing you're new to the world of boutique audio, but this M.O. for new products isn't quite unique. And if the 670 sounds as expected, there won't be a single owner who remembers the shipping delays, much less this pathetic thread. A faithful analog Fairchild is an amazing piece of kit, and at this price it's going to squash many of the bad vibes and memories. Not for everyone, I guess, but to refuse to jump on the train out of principle would really only affect that person. Not Stam.
You can continue to dismiss the opinion of anyone who has anything negative to say against stam.. it doesn't make those opinions any less valid.

I could deal with long waits. What i couldn't deal with is dishonesty.

The whole thing has a sleazy used car salesman vibe about it to me. Say anything to get people's money, then promise promise promise until you can eventually deliver.

As i said, if people are ok with the way they do business, more power to them, but it's certainly not something i would put up with.

I was potentially interested in some of their gear. (that's what drew me to this thread) That's no longer the case. I'd rather pay more from people who conduct their business with class and integrity
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuanaconda View Post
Thanks for your positive post and what you are implying with it towards me.

Unfortunately (or fortunately) you are mistaken, I have called several clients over the phone who have reserved their StamChild and the first 30 are going out in a few weeks. If anybody would like to have a quick call you can send me your number at [email protected] and I'll gladly to discuss the project and when it will be invoiced and shipped

We will increase that number to 50 a month after that

Thanks.
Joshua- Thanks for the update. I'm assuming this got pushed back again from May 20 to another month or so. I'm imagining it takes quite a bit of effort to produce one. I'm curious, how would all these orders be fulfilled in 2019 at that rate? I'm in the first 100 btw..
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
You can continue to dismiss the opinion of anyone who has anything negative to say against stam.. it doesn't make those opinions any less valid.

The whole thing has a sleazy used car salesman vibe about it to me. Say anything to get people's money, then promise promise promise until you can eventually deliver.

As i said, if people are ok with the way they do business, more power to them, but it's certainly not something i would put up with.

I was potentially interested in some of their gear. (that's what drew me to this thread) That's no longer the case. I'd rather pay more from people who conduct their business with class and integrity
If you want a “used car salesman” vibe with multiple delays - you should look into Slate products.

As someone who has received thousands of dollars worth of Stam gear - what I will say is that they absolutely deliver. It’s a super young company living in a beautiful beach community making some of the best sounding audio equipment in the world - and they’re not doing it for the money. I’m sure Josh is doing “just fine” - but this doesn’t strike me as a company whose motivation is greed - which is becoming more rare. If anything perhaps it’s an ego thing - I truly believe Josh is trying to make straight up the “best” gear. It’s one thing to be upset about delays (please just read anything about this before you order if you’re not the patient type) it’s another to attack the character and core of the company. In my opinion you’re fighting the wrong battle here.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by who? View Post
If you want a “used car salesman” vibe with multiple delays - you should look into Slate products.

As someone who has received thousands of dollars worth of Stam gear - what I will say is that they absolutely deliver. It’s a super young company living in a beautiful beach community making some of the best sounding audio equipment in the world - and they’re not doing it for the money. I’m sure Josh is doing “just fine” - but this doesn’t strike me as a company whose motivation is greed - which is becoming more rare. If anything perhaps it’s an ego thing - I truly believe Josh is trying to make straight up the “best” gear. It’s one thing to be upset about delays (please just read anything about this before you order if you’re not the patient type) it’s another to attack the character and core of the company. In my opinion you’re fighting the wrong battle here.
To the point and well summarized.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by who? View Post

Stam are dishonest and irresponsible with their communication regarding when gear will be shipped. Dishonest because they continually post dates that hardware will be shipping that they must know can’t possibly be met. Hopefully they’ll be turning this around and being honest about delivery dates going forwards. To point the finger at Slate is ridiculous. Slate is another company that have clearly also worked very hard, improved communication and delivered high quality products so I really see no sense in you throwing mud elsewhere. The battle with Joshua is to push him to be more honest with delivery dates and communication, that IS a battle worth fighting and he appears to be starting to listen.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Dude... It's a Fairchild for only 3k. It's already heaven on earth, I aint askin for more. I feel lucky to wait.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedbear View Post
The battle with Joshua is to push him to be more honest with delivery dates and communication, that IS a battle worth fighting and he appears to be starting to listen.
I can assure you that this thread having called him dishonest/liar/scammer/ponzi-schemer isn't why he's hired additional assistance and improved delivery times. That approach obviously doesn't motivate Stam, and I don't blame them. In fact, if it were me, I'd immediately cancel the order of anyone who's made such libelous public accusations. Disappointment and frustration is obviously merited. I'd probably have canceled my order by now, but I'd never stoop so low as to lie about Stam or falsely characterize them just to achieve retribution.

More directly to your point, I'm not certain that the accuracy of delivery estimates is improving. It has appeared so at many stages, but a VERY small number of units have actually been received, and the new 30-day estimate may or may not be any more accurate than every other estimate.
Old 1 week ago
Company Rep
Quote:
Yes sir
Pre-order
You would have to wait at least 8 weeks from this point as we have many guys to serve before! We only have 8 spots left or this year on the StamChild

Josh
Old 1 week ago
Company Rep
Quote:

What you are missing of the equation is that it costs me about 1.900 USD to make a StamChild and the majority only paid a 500 USD deposit on it, so ...

How am I getting any money out of this? For every client that reserves one I have to invest more, nobody more than me wants to get these units out but they are extremely complex machines and both channels have to be matched within 0.1% tolerances as well as tubes and they are very dangerous as well. I will take my time and those who don't want to wait can get a refund anytime. I will not rush things.

Thanks for questioning my integrity without ever having dealt with me.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search