The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Stam Audio SA76 ADG
Old 4th May 2018
Company Rep
Stam Audio SA76 ADG

Hello Guys,

I am happy to introduce to the forum the Stam Audio SA-76ADG.

Three completely independent 1176 compressors in one unit at the touch of a switch. The aggressive revision A, the magical revision D and the super clean revision G. Please note that each revision as it's own independent PCB and circuit therefor it respects the original schematic and sound 100%.

Sowter input transformer and Cinemag output transformer
Vishay capacitors and OHMITE resistors as always.

USD 499.00 first 100 to reserve
USD 599.00 pre-orders
USD 699.00 in stock
Ships End July

You can reserve on our site:
Stam Audio

PD: As long as the 499 price is displayed the first 100 is valid.
Old 5th May 2018
Lives for gear

Awesome! Pre-ordered!
Old 5th May 2018
Gear Nut
pre-ordered here. Looking forward to this.
Old 5th May 2018
Gear Maniac
Pre-ordered as well! And I guess I’m in the first 100 it is there supposed to be a confirmation email? I have not received anything since sending payment other than the PayPal confirmation
Old 5th May 2018
Here for the gear
If the offer was available, you got it, Got mine ^^
Old 5th May 2018
Lives for gear

Great concept
Old 5th May 2018
Lives for gear

Such a good idea and a huge space saver if you want several flavors of 1176!

I never use those other two buttons anyway. Pre-ordered to check it out.
Old 5th May 2018
Lives for gear

What happens when you press all ADG buttons at once? Tripple compression?
Old 5th May 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by matucha View Post
What happens when you press all ADG buttons at once?
you get $50.00 back
Old 5th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
All buttons in...all impedance issues present.
Old 5th May 2018
Quote:
Good question, I am sure that these 3 buttons are exclusive, meaning that if you press one the other ones pop out unpressed automatically.

But the real question is if changing models on the go is going to work flawlessly, and silently, or not.

You are basically changing pcb+circuit each time you press the button, and these are 3 buttons that are going to be pressed A LOT, because once you have the compressor set, it will be really cool to just change from bluestripe to blackface and see what works best for a given application.

So my desire is that switching models is reliable, works silently (no weird pop noises in each change), and can pass the test of time without screwing up the product (meaning that these buttons are going to be used a lot so they have to last and work well.)

It is also important that when changing from one revision to the other, all levels are consistent, so you don't have volume drop or bump that would make any comparison between revisions on the fly unusable.

The waves CLA plugin, for example, let's you change from A to D as well at the press of a button, and everything is level matched so you can CLEARLY see which revision you like for that specific track. That's what I want from the SA76 ADG, and I hope Josh and his team deliver.

I would also like that they make it by default for everyone with the normal slow-fast attack and release knobs that everybody knows from all clones and the originals, to avoid any confusion (as it happened with their SA76).

A question for Josh: when the SA76 bluestripe was introduced you also said July shipments, but it took almost a year to ship them out (people are receiving their units in the last weeks). If I am not wrong you have improved your lead time accuracy in 2018, and that's why I started buying stuff from you, so is the July '18 shipment date for all of us who just preordered the SA76 ADG solid and accurate?

My 1073mpa and SA-2A got delayed so that's why I ask.
Old 5th May 2018
Here for the gear

Why is the PayPal check out fee total 200 dollars

I am a little worried

Please advise
Old 5th May 2018
Lives for gear

thats the deposit. you will pay the rest once the unit ist built and ready to ship.
Old 6th May 2018
Here for the gear

200 dollars deposit and then what total to pay

Seems like a trap
Old 6th May 2018
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by orco View Post
200 dollars deposit and then what total to pay

Seems like a trap
It is, be careful!
Old 6th May 2018
Lives for gear

You know what I like the best? That the OFF button is red.
Old 6th May 2018
Lives for gear

I really really wish Josh would partner with someone in the states and maybe another in the EU... If nothing else but for order fulfillment and bad order unit returns.
Old 6th May 2018
Pre-ordered one. Looking forward to this beauty

KR
Håkan
Old 6th May 2018
if i order 2 do i have to pay shipping twice?
Old 6th May 2018
Here for the gear

How much to pay after the initial 200 dollars please.

Thanks.
Old 6th May 2018
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
You know what I like the best? That the OFF button is red.
There is a reason why is red!

Lookup revision G
Old 6th May 2018
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by orco View Post
How much to pay after the initial 200 dollars please.

Thanks.
It is very clear on the site my friend.

499 - 200 (shipping is not included)
Old 6th May 2018
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinzin View Post
if i order 2 do i have to pay shipping twice?
No sir, just once and it goes down from 105 one unit to 160 2 units, so the second one is just 55 dollars
Old 6th May 2018
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post
I really really wish Josh would partner with someone in the states and maybe another in the EU... If nothing else but for order fulfillment and bad order unit returns.
We already have that in place

In the rare case that a unit fails you can return it to our tech in CA and after fixing it we sell it as B stock.

We are very fortunate to say that we have had only 2 units returned in 5 years (after thousands of them shipped to the US).
Old 6th May 2018
Lives for gear
In on the first 100! I've already got an SA-2A and an SA-73, now I've got an SA-73EQ and SA-76 on the way. Going to end up with a lot of Stam gear in my home studio.

Just hope the turnaround times improve compared to the 13-month wait for the SA-73. I'll expect long delays but hope for none.
Old 6th May 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuanaconda View Post
No sir, just once and it goes down from 105 one unit to 160 2 units, so the second one is just 55 dollars
sounds sweet. and for shure no taxes to italy?
Old 6th May 2018
Company Rep
Every European country pays VAT
However, we are working with an Italian distributor soon, maybe we will have them in stock in Rome.
Price of course will not be the same
Thanks
Old 6th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
sounds sweet. and for shure no taxes to italy?

Quote:
However, we are working with an Italian distributor soon, maybe we will have them in stock in Rome.
Thanks
There will definitely be taxes. Import Duty and VAT. That's just the way it is when ordering from outside the EU but the "direct" prices are very good and that has to be a consideration.
Old 6th May 2018
Quote:
Thanks
i am asking because on your homepage you write that chile has an agreement with the EU when importing with no taxes. so do i have to pay import duties or not? or maybe i am confusing things right now. i am a private person and no company. so, the 499$ are without taxes? do i have to add to that the italian VAT and import duties?
Old 6th May 2018
Company Rep
Quote:
i am asking because on your homepage you write that chile has an agreement with the EU when importing with no taxes. so do i have to pay import duties or not? or maybe i am confusing things right now. i am a private person and no company. so, the 499$ are without taxes?
Hello

That only applies to distributor orders or companies.

You will have to pay VAT
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search