The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Stam Audio SA76 ADG
Old 30th December 2019
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklyn P View Post
Hey Joshua,
any news about the tests with your new Jfet?
It would be so cool if the ADF will become also the aggressive behaviour of the original A.

I am so excited. You are a real audio enthusiast !
I think I will just ask people what they want before shipping!
We can use any JFET. I know which one is more aggressive, which sounds richer and etc.. , this has made me work on something really cool

Thanks for the compliment!!!

Josh
Old 19th January 2020
Noa
Gear Addict

Still waiting on my 1176 ADF. Trying to be positive but it’s been like 2 years. Omg

Help
Old 19th January 2020
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa View Post
Still waiting on my 1176 ADF. Trying to be positive but it’s been like 2 years. Omg

Help
In November Joshua thought that they are going out early in January.
But Camila told me some days ago that the ADFs will be start shipping end of February. So I think it will be March.

Thats the way it is.

Hope this units are making us happy.
Old 20th January 2020
i bought 2 pieces of ADG's, one for a friend and his now makes a lot of noise making it unusable ...
is there a repair service in europe? homepage says france, we are in italy ...
Old 21st January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinzin View Post
i bought 2 pieces of ADG's, one for a friend and his now makes a lot of noise making it unusable ...
is there a repair service in europe? homepage says france, we are in italy ...
Last time I checked both France and Italy are in Europe, no?

R.
Old 21st January 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Betsey View Post
Last time I checked both France and Italy are in Europe, no?

R.
i don't see italy on stam's homepage as a service point.
Old 21st January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
OK now I understand. Hmmm. I’m not sure if “Europe” is meant to imply he has “authorised” techs in each country or a few throughout Europe he uses as more centralised service hubs?

I see the question though and hopefully someone will chime in with a tech closer to home.

R.
Old 21st January 2020
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Betsey View Post
OK now I understand. Hmmm. I’m not sure if “Europe” is meant to imply he has “authorised” techs in each country or a few throughout Europe he uses as more centralised service hubs?

I see the question though and hopefully someone will chime in with a tech closer to home.

R.

As far as I know, Stam has an Italian Dealer but "dedicated techs" in Europe it's only one:

France
Company Name: Pascal Verdet Audio Electronique Services

Contact Name: Pascal Verdet

Email: [email protected]

Old 21st January 2020
Lives for gear
You’re still under warranty so contact Stam support if you haven’t already. I had issues in the past and they got me in touch with the nearest US support shop and covered shipping both ways. The process was relatively painless and fast in my case.
Old 21st January 2020
Company Rep
Quote:
We have 2 techs in Italy as well
Old 21st January 2020
Company Rep
This project has been a complete headache for me.
It's the most complex thing I have ever done and I have about 300 guys waiting on it for a long time
We shipped a first batch and at least 10% presented issues with transistors failing. I had to re-do the entire layout and found the issue.
Now the new boards are being printed. I also added the super slow attack.

From a financial point of view it was also a disaster. I spent more money making each than what I charged. Now it's properly priced at 990 (ADF) and should be 1290 or so due to the complexity and quality of sound but what is done is done and I will honor the low pricing on everybody that has waited so long.

In terms of dates I resume in 15 days with 10 pieces. If all goes well I will send another 100 4 weeks later. I have some fully paid units that I need to ship ASAP

I am really sorry about all of this. I took a gamble and it didn't work out but I am extremely proud of it being chosen the best sounding 1176 replica on a blind shootout at another forum, I spent 3 years designing this and had to make final minute changes to secure stability of the units. 3 1176 in one was a crazy dream I had one night and here we are!

Anybody that wishes to cancel I will certainly cover any PayPal fees

90% of units in service that have not failed in many months will not present issues. It was a random problem and that is why it was so hard to figure out.

I hope by March everybody will have their ADF and ADG and there will be non issues. I have tested everything and we are good to go
Old 21st January 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuanaconda View Post
We have 2 techs in Italy as well
hi josh, could you post or pm their contact please? thanks.
Old 18th February 2020
Here for the gear
Just had my 76adg serviced... passed signal but no compression. Same transistor issue as mentioned above??? luckily quick turn around in the US and all seems to be well now.
Although I paid shipping both ways unlike the post above...
Old 20th February 2020
Here are two (different) vocal recordings, of a verse recorded here today, using my C12 into a V76.

One using the Stam ADG using the REV A and the other is using the Black Lion Audio REV A.

I prefer the Stam one.... its smoother and more warm ( to use a better word ).

The Black Lion i am not saying its awful, it is just a bit brighter and could be great on a vocalist with less presence in the 2.5 - 4k region.
And the Black Lion one, it reminds me of the Waves Plugin , which i think is also based on the Chris Lord late compressor.
Attached Files

STAM REV A.wav (5.62 MB, 1702 views)

BLK LION REV A.wav (4.88 MB, 1670 views)

Old 21st February 2020
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Here are two (different) vocal recordings, of a verse recorded here today, using my C12 into a V76.

One using the Stam ADG using the REV A and the other is using the Black Lion Audio REV A.

I prefer the Stam one.... its smoother and more warm ( to use a better word ).

The Black Lion i am not saying its awful, it is just a bit brighter and could be great on a vocalist with less presence in the 2.5 - 4k region.
And the Black Lion one, it reminds me of the Waves Plugin , which i think is also based on the Chris Lord late compressor.
Thanx !
How much compression? what ratio?
Old 21st February 2020
Company Rep
This sounds sooo beautiful!
Wow
Old 28th February 2020
in the meantime i am using my adg all the time when tracking. mainly vocals and acoustic guitars. on A and pepper settings aiming for 5-7db GR. sounds absolutely wonderful all the time.
any hints where the pepper settings wouldn't work that great?
Old 28th February 2020
Me too. Every week on vocals.
Old 10th March 2020
This ADG in REV A setting is quite simply stunning..... its JUST the sauce.... love it

This vocal has literally one tiny bit of EQ on it

Vintage C12 into V76 into a Stam ADG on Rev A setting (up to 3/5 dB of compression only)
Attached Files
Old 17th March 2020
Gear Head

sounds great. what is the vocal reverb?
Old 17th March 2020
Reverb is a combination , sent down buss's, to the Valhalla Shimmer, the Seventh Heaven and a tiny bit of the logic Space Designer. Then i compress the reverbs and add some distortion sometimes for added mojo.
Old 17th March 2020
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
This ADG in REV A setting is quite simply stunning..... its JUST the sauce.... love it

This vocal has literally one tiny bit of EQ on it

Vintage C12 into V76 into a Stam ADG on Rev A setting (up to 3/5 dB of compression only)
This sounds insane Ian
The level of clarity and dynamics
Wow
Old 17th March 2020
oh cool !

cheers

well the mid push and some of the harmonic distortion is coming from that LOVELY Stam ADG ....and the high end Air is the C12 .....
Old 1st April 2020
rsv
Gear Head

This stam compresor Sound great , i gonna try to get one for me in the future ,
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
So what do you guys reckon, are they holding on as survive their obstacles or can i say my refund bye bye?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by souljahh View Post
So what do you guys reckon, are they holding on as survive their obstacles or can i say my refund bye bye?
It's been two years since I ordered and I still don't have my pair. I sure do hope they get it together pretty soon....

Also, I see that he has posted pics of putting together ADFs to send out. What about the rest of the ADGs? The ADGs were announced first. What gives?

Last edited by Quint; 4 weeks ago at 04:30 PM..
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Thanks Joshua for your efforts over the years. I'm sorry to see that the ADG and ADF were listed under price so you lost money on the units.

Your reputation preceeds you. It's time to reap the rewards of your expertise and hard work. You have earned it.
Old 4 days ago
Noa
Gear Addict

I’ve waited many years for my unit to arrive. I finally gave up and requested a refund.

I got a return email saying they would “forward my request to accounting”, or something like that.

Of course, I haven’t heard anything since then. That was weeks ago.

Listen Stam, refund my money and send me a confirmation email. I’m done waiting on you. I’m not a bank that you can borrow money from.

Contact me at your earliest convenience.
Old 4 days ago
Noa
Gear Addict

Still waiting for someone to contact me...
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search