The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Stam Audio SA76 ADG
Old 26th May 2019
Here for the gear

I am waiting for my SA76 ADG. Its been over a year. Paid my invoice in FULL almost 3 weeks ago and am waiting for my Tracking Number and notice of shipment.
Klarion you have just made my day hearing you just received your compressor. I can't wait to receive mine. I hope its as good as you claim.
After I receive my unit I will reluctantly put an order down for a SA 609 or a SA V72 I think. Cant turn down the 50% off deal offered to me for waiting so long.
I really hope Josh is moving in the right direction getting these units out faster. Its very frustrating waiting so long but my SA1073 MPA is kick ass. Really good mic pre.
Old 26th May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjb5191 View Post
That's fine. We can agree to disagree. I still think that the compression character as far as the transient control and sustain is quite different and I prefer the UA in that example.
I felt the same way... until I noticed that the guy sets the attack time of the Stam Audio unit either too slow to really create any magical bite with the snare or sets it too fast which simply obliterates it. With the UA unit, he oddly never touch the attack time. As a result, in this video, the UA clearly sounds more engaging and exciting... but meaninglessly so. Unfortunate... I was hoping to learn something.

Last edited by andrew montreal; 26th May 2019 at 03:33 PM..
Old 26th May 2019
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardis View Post
No you threw a supplier publicly under the bus, whose work you were touting as a strength. A supplier of a key element.

Walking away whole refers to people not getting burned financially FWIW. And from where I sit every single thread on here and other sites sings the same refrain. And you continue to release new products without delivering old ones.

There are a lot of great products from well meaning people that have gone under. The picture painted in the capsule fight wasn’t pretty. I do hope this ends well for all!
So I am a person with bad intentions now?

I don't think there is any product like this from "other people". Much less at this price point and much less three in one but I take your point.

I have continued to announced, not release, announce, new products while I have been shipping previous orders. You should spend a day at Stam to see how many units we make each day and how many we ship.

I rather not go into the capsule thing. It has nothing to do with this thread and is a closed subject for now.
Old 26th May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuanaconda View Post
ADF updated delivery on new site next week!
Hey Joshua, how is the new site going?
Old 27th May 2019
Company Rep
Today fingers crossed
We are checking the final touch ups
Old 27th May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Today fingers crossed
We are checking the final touch ups
What's the latest on when we can expect second batch ADGs to ship?
Old 5th June 2019
Here for the gear
Quote:
ADF updated delivery on new site next week!
Did the new site go up already?
Old 5th June 2019
Lives for gear

Got my ADG via very fast ~3-day DHL shipping back on May 30th I think. Thanks, Josh.

Sure looks great, but only played with it a bit to make sure it worked and everything. Very, very initial impressions are it sounds good! Rev A seems more subtle and frankly more usable than my Hairball Fet 500 Rev A. Had a nice pleasing saturation on just a brief mic test. Could see myself tracking with this Rev A moreso than the Hairball. Whole unit seemed smoooth, but like I said just a quick test. Very promising, and now I really want to get it integrated into my normal setup and run different sources through it, play with the gain staging and such. Whole lot to explore with gain staging and the three circuits in one unit. Exciting.

I'm moving spaces and it will be a while before I can really work it out, but it showed up, looks good, and sounds good. Only part of the process that really soured me was paying in full before a unit was ready to ship. However admittedly the final price I paid is absurdly low for one circuit, much less 3-in-1, and the unit is in-hand. So count me back on the bandwagon, thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Stam Audio SA76 ADG-20190530_210909.jpg  
Old 8th June 2019
Lives for gear
Posted a review w/ clips in the reviews section, but I thought I'd also give access to the clips for the test here:

https://soundcloud.com/user-734137813/sets

Ran a female vocal through all 3 modes of the ADG and compared to some other compressors (both from Stam and other companies). Threw in a UAD 1176 Rev A as well. Please forgive the occassional ground loop hum and the lack of editing/mixing in the clips.

Overall I love this thing!
Old 8th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejook View Post
Posted a review w/ clips in the reviews section, but I thought I'd also give access to the clips for the test here:

Ran a female vocal through all 3 modes of the ADG and compared to some other compressors (both from Stam and other companies). Threw in a UAD 1176 Rev A as well. Please forgive the occassional ground loop hum and the lack of editing/mixing in the clips.

Compared the Stam Rev A with the UAD Rev A, and the Stam makes the vocal more forward and with more presence. I like it.
Old 8th June 2019
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejook View Post

Thank you for the sound clips. The UAD sounds great but the Stam is a level above!
Old 13th June 2019
Gear Nut
Just a quick message to share that the new website is up.
www.stamaudio.com
Old 14th June 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrUninstall View Post
Just a quick message to share that the new website is up.
www.stamaudio.com
I think it's a pretty cool web site. I've looked around, and like most of what I see.

I'm a little concerned that it is not a secure site (no https in front of the web address). I see this frequently, but once you go to a sign in page/pop up, it becomes https. And in particular, the checkout area is not secure.

Have there been some advances in technology I am not aware of - there certainly could be - so that the https designation no longer indicates any additional safety/protection? I mean, even gearslutz uses the https designation.

I am quite hesitant using - what appears to me to be - an unsecured checkout. Should that not bother me? I am honestly unsure how important that may, or may not be, any more.
Old 14th June 2019
Here for the gear

Finally got my Sa76ADG. Looks and feels good! Looking forward to test it.
Old 14th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by no genre View Post
I think it's a pretty cool web site. I've looked around, and like most of what I see.

I'm a little concerned that it is not a secure site (no https in front of the web address). I see this frequently, but once you go to a sign in page/pop up, it becomes https. And in particular, the checkout area is not secure.

Have there been some advances in technology I am not aware of - there certainly could be - so that the https designation no longer indicates any additional safety/protection? I mean, even gearslutz uses the https designation.

I am quite hesitant using - what appears to me to be - an unsecured checkout. Should that not bother me? I am honestly unsure how important that may, or may not be, any more.
Good point. I'd like to know this as well.
Old 14th June 2019
Company Rep
Should be secured today
Old 14th June 2019
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcNuman View Post
Finally got my Sa76ADG. Looks and feels good! Looking forward to test it.
Let me know how you like it!!
Cheers
Josh
Old 14th June 2019
Quote:
Should be secured today
I see it has been done. You guys really are getting on top of things. Way cool.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Quote:
Should be secured today
Was there supposed to be an area on website where we could track progress of orders and see where we were in delivery queue?
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut
Was informed via email mid April I was nº 25 on the shipping list.

On another forum, Stam said they were shipping another 50 between this week and next.

Even assuming no units shipped between mid April and today, I should expect a shipping notice on or before Jul 13th.

Let's see how it goes.
Old 2 weeks ago
I received my long awaited units (2) a couple weeks ago. Really great sounding units
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by adumbfish View Post
Was informed via email mid April I was nº 25 on the shipping list.

On another forum, Stam said they were shipping another 50 between this week and next.

Even assuming no units shipped between mid April and today, I should expect a shipping notice on or before Jul 13th.

Let's see how it goes.
No shipping notice. Kinda gotta wonder where the "shipping 50 between this week and next" information is coming from.
Old 1 week ago
Company Rep
Quote:
No shipping notice. Kinda gotta wonder where the "shipping 50 between this week and next" information is coming from.
from me
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
I received notice this past week that I will be getting a tracking number next week which is much appreciated!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut
Quote:
from me
Respectfully, then, I'd like to ask: did you indeed ship at least 25 units between mid April and now, or was my place in line moved?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Respectfully, then, I'd like to ask: did you indeed ship at least 25 units between mid April and now, or was my place in line moved?
Did you get a reply?
Old 1 week ago
I just received mine two days ago. I put in my order the first day they announced.

Aside from the wait..... as with all Stam gear, that i have purchased, its very well made, and sounds fantastic !!

So great to flick between A and D and then super clean G.... wonderful box
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by christube View Post
Did you get a reply?
Not yet, no. I have the SA-47 the 47fet, so I'm no stranger to waiting. The gear is good. But between this and the unexpected changes to the stamchild I'm considering cutting my losses and looking elsewhere. I'm getting to the point where I'm willing to spend more rather than wait.
Old 6 days ago
Company Rep
Quote:
Not yet, no. I have the SA-47 the 47fet, so I'm no stranger to waiting. The gear is good. But between this and the unexpected changes to the stamchild I'm considering cutting my losses and looking elsewhere. I'm getting to the point where I'm willing to spend more rather than wait.
Which changes do you mean?
Old 6 days ago
Company Rep
Quote:
Which changes do you mean?

If you want me to make you a unit with JJ's I would have to, I would not be too happy but in the end the customer is who pays for the build. i just want to offer what sounds best, it also has my name on it
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search