The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Stam Audio SA76 ADG Condenser Microphones
Old 4 weeks ago
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroGoGo View Post
Well..... Can you alert her that she sent me an invoice for a "SA87 Microphone" that I didn't order and the invoice should be for a "SA-1073EQ with Sawter Output and Line Input".

I want to pay the invoice, but I am afraid that if I pay it with the wrong item printed in the description, that I will get a SA87 Microphone instead of a SA-1073EQ with Sawter Output and Line Input.

I have emailed her and CC'ed you and the invoice has not been fixed. Can you fix it please?
PM me your PayPal email address so I can correct that for you
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut
Asked for shipping/tracking info... Camila provided where I'm at in line. I'm okay with that.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuanaconda View Post
PM me your PayPal email address so I can correct that for you
All taken care of...... Thanks Josh.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Pleased to say I got tracking for my ADG today.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Still waiting....Paid invoice on March 5.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragan View Post
Pleased to say I got tracking for my ADG today.
Great to hear that. Re-assuring to know the wheel is being greased.

I.......just.......need.....to.......wait......a...........bit...................longer...
Old 3 weeks ago
Just requested my refund last week and got the PayPal notification yesterday that the money had been returned... A few issues I have:

I paid $200.00 down and Stam returned $190.90 because of PayPal fees. Shouldn't I get my full $200 back? I ordered back in October 2018. I sent several emails asking questions with no response. The second I asked for a refund there was a quick response and the email said "Shame Joel. You had 25% off your next order" Wow, what a way to treat your customer. Like it was my bad that you hadn't delivered in 7 months. Seriously amazed.

Like others, I had done some research on Stam and thought I knew what to expect. Really long wait times and poor communication. But I hadn't actually experienced it. Once I did, I came to a few conclusions. For me, ultimately, it doesn't matter how good the gear sounds if you can't deliver in a timely manner or be honest about the timeline with your customer. Or, at the very least, communicate effectively. At one point, I even offered to do FREE web dev for them in an email (and on this forum) to help with the communication effort. I am a professional web developer and advertising agency owner by day. (plug jibemedia.com) No response.

As a business owner, I understand there are several scenarios that could be causing all these delays, customer service blunders, and poor communication. I also understand the fragility of business and how, even the strongest of them, can be gone in short periods of time. If Stam were to ever go out of business, how many of us would see our deposit again? It can happen in a matter of a couple months. It's a risk I decided I shouldn't have taken, and had to back out.

To be honest/frank, I'm incredibly surprised they've lasted this long in business. The gear must be good. I don't care anymore. There are a plethora of other companies that I'll gladly pay more to for their products.

Best of luck to you all. I'm out!
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

And Still Waiting...And more Stam email silence...I wonder if it will surpass more then 2 months after I paid my invoice in full? If it's any indication, I doubt I will have that answer any time soon!
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjb5191 View Post
And Still Waiting...And more Stam email silence...I wonder if it will surpass more then 2 months after I paid my invoice in full? If it's any indication, I doubt I will have that answer any time soon!
In the same boat as yourself, but have received email from Camila/ DHL confirming my 1073EQ delivery to Australia.

Camila also confirmed my SA-76ADG is not quite ready just yet, but feel more re-assured it will come very soon.

Your definitely not the first person to wait 2 months after payment. My advice... just hang in there bro', and we will both be smiling the Stam 76 delivery smile.

Noticed a announcement on their facebook page regarding upgraded website in May, with bi-monthly realistic newsletter regarding transparent status of orders, indicating realistic timeframes.

'The times they are a changing' S..l..o..w..l..y..
Old 2 weeks ago
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelfarr View Post
Just requested my refund last week and got the PayPal notification yesterday that the money had been returned... A few issues I have:

I paid $200.00 down and Stam returned $190.90 because of PayPal fees. Shouldn't I get my full $200 back? I ordered back in October 2018. I sent several emails asking questions with no response. The second I asked for a refund there was a quick response and the email said "Shame Joel. You had 25% off your next order" Wow, what a way to treat your customer. Like it was my bad that you hadn't delivered in 7 months. Seriously amazed.

Like others, I had done some research on Stam and thought I knew what to expect. Really long wait times and poor communication. But I hadn't actually experienced it. Once I did, I came to a few conclusions. For me, ultimately, it doesn't matter how good the gear sounds if you can't deliver in a timely manner or be honest about the timeline with your customer. Or, at the very least, communicate effectively. At one point, I even offered to do FREE web dev for them in an email (and on this forum) to help with the communication effort. I am a professional web developer and advertising agency owner by day. (plug jibemedia.com) No response.

As a business owner, I understand there are several scenarios that could be causing all these delays, customer service blunders, and poor communication. I also understand the fragility of business and how, even the strongest of them, can be gone in short periods of time. If Stam were to ever go out of business, how many of us would see our deposit again? It can happen in a matter of a couple months. It's a risk I decided I shouldn't have taken, and had to back out.

To be honest/frank, I'm incredibly surprised they've lasted this long in business. The gear must be good. I don't care anymore. There are a plethora of other companies that I'll gladly pay more to for their products.

Best of luck to you all. I'm out!
I believe you misinterpreted me

I was sad to lose your order and was treating you with utmost respect by offering you my work free of labor charge on your next order.

You won't find any 1176 in the world that sounds as good as the SA76ADG, not even paying 3K. Much less 3 in 1

I encourage you to email me at [email protected] so I can send you one since we will another batch ready this week

Don't be so surprised, we grow at a very high rate every year and will probably keep growing, nobody offers you better value for money, with all the bad things we have to fix people still buy from us because of that
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I believe you misinterpreted me

I was sad to lose your order and was treating you with utmost respect by offering you my work free of labor charge on your next order.

You won't find any 1176 in the world that sounds as good as the SA76ADG, not even paying 3K. Much less 3 in 1

I encourage you to email me at [email protected] so I can send you one since we will another batch ready this week

Don't be so surprised, we grow at a very high rate every year and will probably keep growing, nobody offers you better value for money, with all the bad things we have to fix people still buy from us because of that
This guy who pre-ordered in October complains on a forum and you offer to send him one next week. But I pre-ordered May 4, 2018, invoiced and paid in full two months ago, and I sit here silently and patiently waiting.
Old 2 weeks ago
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamj31 View Post
This guy who pre-ordered in October complains on a forum and you offer to send him one next week. But I pre-ordered May 4, 2018, invoiced and paid in full two months ago, and I sit here silently and patiently waiting.
You are also on this batch

Don't make assumptions.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
You are also on this batch

Don't make assumptions.
You're right, I shouldn't have assumed that. Sorry Josh! I'm just stoked to hear the new stuff, man! All this forum talk gets me all anxious. Must....resist....
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Am I on this "batch"? I pre-ordered May 2018, paid in full () in March, it's now May... am I just supposed to sit silently and "hope" I get the unit Ive already paid for in full? Paid. In. Full. That means send me a product, right? I'm not a charity and I'm not a bank making loans. Figure it out.
Old 2 weeks ago
Actually his 1176 blue stripe is marvelous. And I’ve owned a few of the others.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Asked for refound, no answer, so asked for eta, sent many emails to all the adddress... I did not get any email, any unit, any refound. Just once Mark wrote "don't warry, your unit is on the way". So, yes, now i can say for sure january they were not able to ship.
Old 2 weeks ago
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco B View Post
Asked for refound, no answer, so asked for eta, sent many emails to all the adddress... I did not get any email, any unit, any refound. Just once Mark wrote "don't warry, your unit is on the way". So, yes, now i can say for sure january they were not able to ship.
Send me an email at [email protected] please if you require a refund
I will get on it as soon as I see it
Thanks
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

Is it just me or does the UA reissue sound way better here? I get that they are not level matched but the difference sounds drastic to me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4H4rKyiNPo
Old 2 weeks ago
Company Rep
Quote:
Is it just me or does the UA reissue sound way better here? I get that they are not level matched but the difference sounds drastic to me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4H4rKyiNPo
They are not level matched, hence you would think it sounds better, but no

I have a few here and no, they sound pretty much identical, the only difference being the ADG has a bit more low end has it uses a larger input transformer
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:

I have a few here and no, they sound pretty much identical, the only difference being the ADG has a bit more low end has it uses a larger input transformer
Hi Josh, I don't really notice a big noise level difference between Rev A and Rev D (or G even), and by that I mean, no real difference at all. Is that by design? Are these all sort LN editions regardless of the rev?
Old 2 weeks ago
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
Hi Josh, I don't really notice a big noise level difference between Rev A and Rev D (or G even), and by that I mean, no real difference at all. Is that by design? Are these all sort LN editions regardless of the rev?
A should be a bit noisier but yes, we try to match them in noise and output for ease of use
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:

That's fine. We can agree to disagree. I still think that the compression character as far as the transient control and sustain is quite different and I prefer the UA in that example.
Old 1 week ago
I made the full payment more than two months ago and I'm still waiting, something like that had never happened to me before. Many emails sent to Camila, in the last (two weeks ago) told me that all my data were in order and that they should send me the product during the next two weeks. The weeks passed and I have not even received an email. Everything has been very unpleasant and exhausting, and I would say the same if it were another brand beyond sound and quality.
Old 1 week ago
Company Rep
Quote:
That's fine. We can agree to disagree. I still think that the compression character as far as the transient control and sustain is quite different and I prefer the UA in that example.
Transient control is identical
Identical control amp
Old 1 week ago
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by andres_feret View Post
I made the full payment more than two months ago and I'm still waiting, something like that had never happened to me before. Many emails sent to Camila, in the last (two weeks ago) told me that all my data were in order and that they should send me the product during the next two weeks. The weeks passed and I have not even received an email. Everything has been very unpleasant and exhausting, and I would say the same if it were another brand beyond sound and quality.
Please email me at [email protected] and I will sort this out personally for you tomorrow

I apologize that you have had to wait after paying, problem is so many people pay and so many people order that we don't have enough hands to get all out immediately like we wished but we have hired 4 new guys for production so we are catching up

Please email me so I can speed this up for you

Sorry again!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
There is nothing to compare in the video.

The settings aren't matched, the levels aren't matched. The video is just a guy using the Stam, and then using the UA.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear
Has anyone who pre-ordered the ADF revision had any info whatsoever about when they might start shipping?
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by dint10 View Post
Has anyone who pre-ordered the ADF revision had any info whatsoever about when they might start shipping?
No word here, either. So far.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:

Nada
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Would like to know too.

Joshua?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search