The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
TC Electronic introduces TC2290-DT Dynamic Delay Plug-In with Desktop Interface Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 3rd July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
This nostalgic hardware would sell bucket loads if it was standalone hardware rather then a plug in. Guitarists alone would go mad for it (assuming it sounds like a TC2290)
Perhaps, though I don't hear a lot of chatter about guitarists wishing for a reissue. When it was the main game in town, sure, but there are so many great analog delays these days.
Old 5th July 2018
Gear Head

Strange that it is still on the 'coming soon' page, since it seems to be available in stores. Received my unit yesterday, but am not very impressed, so decided to return it.

Apart from it being a fairly simple delay, it is strange that some parameters are only on the controller (which is really tiny) and others only in the plugin window. Feels a bit like worst of both worlds.
Old 5th July 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webhamster View Post
Strange that it is still on the 'coming soon' page, since it seems to be available in stores. Received my unit yesterday, but am not very impressed, so decided to return it.

Apart from it being a fairly simple delay, it is strange that some parameters are only on the controller (which is really tiny) and others only in the plugin window. Feels a bit like worst of both worlds.
Are you located in the US/Canada?! What didn't you like besides the controller?! How did it "sound"?
Old 6th July 2018
Lives for gear

I rarely power up my my outboaRd 2290... there’s so many great delays itb that it isn’t worth the trouble tbh
Old 6th July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post
I rarely power up my my outboaRd 2290... there’s so many great delays itb that it isn’t worth the trouble tbh
That's true. Would you reach for it if it was a plugin (without the hardware dongle that is)?
Old 6th July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
That's true. Would you reach for it if it was a plugin (without the hardware dongle that is)?
Interesting... me? No. But, that’s probably because I’m not a gtr player of a certain age. Now, the buddy who gifted it to me along with the rest of his refrigerator rack from the 80s/90s? If he worked in here with me he would certainly go through the trouble of using the outboard... It’d probably get used on everything.

I used it last a few weeks ago in a sort of delay throw deal on a reggae/aka tune. It sounded great... but, after I finished it all up I noticed a vox mistake and had to punch in to fix. I ended up pulling up echoboy and was totally content.

It’s really shocking that info (setups, patches, etc) are impossible to find on the web. I found it rich that that the dude who runs the 2290 site apparently developed presets for the plugin... but, there’s bubkus on his own site for the outboard as far as patches.

I’ve yet to get any input to my question as to how the plugin will handle Stereo input. The outboard is mono in stereo out...
Old 6th July 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayt0n View Post
Are you located in the US/Canada?! What didn't you like besides the controller?! How did it "sound"?
I'm in Europe. It sounds nice, but usability decides a large part of how and if I will use a product. Some products 'invite' me to be creative or are just convenient to setup.
If it had a really special sound, I might accept less usability, but the sound wasn't that special to my ears (I'm not a guitar player).
Old 6th July 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webhamster View Post
I'm in Europe. It sounds nice, but usability decides a large part of how and if I will use a product. Some products 'invite' me to be creative or are just convenient to setup.
If it had a really special sound, I might accept less usability, but the sound wasn't that special to my ears (I'm not a guitar player).
Fair enough...thanks! Can't wait to get mine and see what she can do.
Old 24th July 2018
Lives for gear

I said years ago when the Lexicon PCM verbs came out they should have made a USB Larc looking controller for it. People would have loved it. I think this is cool but after being on my desk for a couple months I would probably get sick of it.
Old 22nd August 2018
Lives for gear

so I wonder how well these are selling.......?

i did not buy one... the remote dongle is a big drag for my workflow.

Old 23rd August 2018
Gear Guru

Interesting forward thinking concept with a dedicated plugin controller. While I appreciate the sentiments it's not a hill I wanna die on for just a delay plugin. I'd prefer the plugin just by itself.
Old 24th August 2018
Lives for gear

I’ve been using my real 2290 a lot lately on purpose... I gotta day, in its day it was way ahead of the game

Now, compared to the delays I have ITB? I dunno if it’s even worth the hassle of running stuff through the outboard... I’m really on the fence about dumping it
Old 24th August 2018
Lives for gear

I’ve been using my real 2290 a lot lately on purpose... I gotta day, in its day it was way ahead of the game

Now, compared to the delays I have ITB? I dunno if it’s even worth the hassle of running stuff through the outboard... I’m really on the fence about dumping it
Old 24th August 2018
Gear Addict

They should have made a standardised controller like console one that loads all of their plugins and made the plugins only work with the hardware.. open up the full catalog of older plugins too that work natively.. big opportunity missed

Stu
Old 24th August 2018
Lives for gear

I recently listened to quite a few demos of the rerelease and also the original and have to agree: given the plugin options available today there's no reason to bring out my wallet for this. Everything I heard can be found elsewhere, and, perhaps, in better form.
Old 26th August 2018
Lives for gear

I got the new TC 2290-DT. Opening the box the controller is smaller than I thought it would be but when I started using it feels like a good size and doesn't take up much room. I have a slide out keyboard tray and it fits on there to the right of my keyboard so it doesn't really take up much space. I've been looking for an outboard delay just so I can fiddle and for me this seemed to fill that space without the need to hardwire anything into my system. By the way, this thing feels very sturdy, metal top and bottom and plastic around the sides and has some weight to it which feels nice. It also has 2 female screw slots on the back so I'm guessing you can attach it to something with screws which I don't see anything about online.

I don't think this beats echoboy but I don't think anybody thinks echoboy is going down anytime soon because it has everything in it which is great. For me sometimes the options get me down the rabbit hole of tweaking when something more basic would be fine a lot of the time which is why I don't use echoboy as much as I used to. I've really am a fan of my Console1 so having a delay version I thought would be cool. I'm going to have to go through the manual on this one because there are a lot of buttons on this but so far I've gone through a bunch of presets to kind of get a feel for the sound and I can say that it sounds amazing. My first thought was they did the hardware thing to have a reason to charge more because they made a great sounding delay.

The only thing you can do with your mouse is change presets, some of the tempo sync things that aren't on the original, mix%, and some other items I'm not sure what they do but you can probably see on their website. All fiddling with times, depth, tap tempo would need to be done on the USB hardware. Anybody has any questions just post and I will do my best to answer because it doesn't seem like many are posting if they have purchased this.
Old 26th August 2018
Gear Head

I also received my unit about 2-3 weeks ago and love it’s sound. Really has that “2290” thing going for me. As others have said, there are other plugins that probably already did or got really close if not identical to what this thing does but it looks so cool on my desk and being able to just plug in values is great! I also found the buttons a little small when I first opened it up and kind of wished they went a little bigger on the controller to accommodate for people with more stubby fingers as I could see the small buttons being a problem if you’ve got kinda big fingers. Overall though, I’m happy with it and it adds a nice “look” on my desk. I will say that in protools, I can automate every single parameter so technically, it’s not only accessible on the controller would have liked that the plugin would have looked exactly like a 2290 and maybe added an advanced tab to click that would expend the plugin window with the extra features we see now in the the current window. Fingers crossed TC realizes they could sell more and maybe go iLok and add hat in or give an option for it. Would be great to not be forced to haul around a remote to operate the plugin, and also, what happens when/if the controller would break?!
Old 27th August 2018
Lives for gear

If you’re in the market... this popped up today in the Seattle market... great pricE

https://seattle.***************/sno/...668541863.html
Old 27th August 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
If you’re in the market... this popped up today in the Seattle market... great pricE

Change the “*” to Craigs lisT dot org

No spaces

Old 27th August 2018
Gear Head

Quote:

wow bgood, for the price this is a spectacular find!! exactly double the price of the new 2290DT lol
Old 31st August 2018
Gear Head

Hi, I've got a few questions for Thomas @ TC.
Could you tell us a little about the audio and video demos?
I think they sound awesome!

What was the recording chain? As in how it was recorded;

Which Guitar?
Which Amp and or Cab?
Or was the guitar recorded with the G-System as the Preamp/Amplification?
Also which audio interface was used?

Compliments to the Guitarist to played on the demos. ������

Who was it?

By The Way,
I've purchased one based on the Audio and Video demos.

Thanks.
Bassneck

I found the answers to (Some) of my questions on Soundcloud.
Quoting.

"Demonstration of the 20 legendary built-in factory presets ported from the original 1985 TC2290 to the 2018 version.

The presets were recorded using a Gibson Les Paul from 1989 plugged straight into a Fender Deluxe Reverb blackface 1964 with reverb set to 3. It's recorded with a Royer 121 mic into a Neve 1073."

Last edited by Bassneck; 31st August 2018 at 07:43 PM.. Reason: I found the answers to my questions
Old 6th September 2018
Lives for gear

I've always said that Lexicon should have introduced some USB LARC looking control for their plugin suite. I think a lot of people would have bought them.

I think this is cool but I kind of like an uncluttered desk, but my room is pretty small.
Old 16th September 2018
Gear Head

Could some 2290 DT owners elaborate on the sound quality of the plugin? Mostly interesting are comparisons between the rackunit and the 2290DT but
all experiences are appreciated. Thanks in advance!

To the TC Rep who chimed in before: please communicate to your parent company how many guitarists would like an accompanying DSP box with stereo
Audio in and outs to put on their pedal boards. The control unit could stay on top of the amp.
Old 20th September 2018
Gear Nut

Somebody maybe compared it's sound with original hardware unit? I care about the SOUND, don't mind why is it plugin with hardware interface or flying gel you are making sound with it like you'r painting Mona Lisa arround your bedroom..
Old 21st September 2018
Lives for gear

Always use flying gel when painting masterpieces or during other bedroom activities... remember to use sparingly though, and flavored/fungicidal, etc. are highly recommended depending on circumstances and/or partner(s) history.
Old 24th September 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyoteous View Post
Always use flying gel when painting masterpieces or during other bedroom activities... remember to use sparingly though, and flavored/fungicidal, etc. are highly recommended depending on circumstances and/or partner(s) history.
Well that's already some useful advice
Old 24th September 2018
Lives for gear

Conjecture aside.. who has one and how does it sound?
Old 26th September 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trendkill View Post
Again?!

And there are more modules coming
Old 26th September 2018
Lives for gear

Cool
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search