The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Orb Composer (AI for music) Pre order offer ! Multi-Ef­fects Plugins
Old 22nd February 2018
  #1
Gear Head
 
Hexachords's Avatar
 

Software Orb Composer (AI for music) Pre order offer !

Dear all,
Hexachords will launch next April 2’ his new software Orb Composer, an Artificial intelligence music tool for composers.


Two versions will be available:
- Orb Composer «*Artist*» for Pop/Rock and electro composers
- Orb «*Pro*» integrating full orchestral functionalities

These two software programs will be available the 2’ of April 2018, but are already available for pre-ordering, on the website Artificial intelligence for music composers - ORB COMPOSER.

You can watch some video presentation on our youtube channel:



You can follow us on Facebook too:
Hexachords - Home | Facebook

For Gearslutz members we have made a special offer : gearslutz30
(valid until 15' of March).

For any question, please ask !
Old 23rd February 2018
  #2
Lives for gear
 
brucerothwell's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexachords View Post
You can watch some video presentation on our youtube channel:
YouTube
"Channel does not exist"
Old 23rd February 2018
  #3
Gear Head
 
Hexachords's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucerothwell View Post
"Channel does not exist"
Thanks Bruce, edited
Old 23rd February 2018
  #4
Lives for gear
 
brucerothwell's Avatar
 

I found the videos on your Facebook page, and your website.

You seem to have a very nice product!

Some questions:
  • Will there be an upgrade path for Artist to Pro?
  • For guitars, for instance, do you offer strumming only, or also arpeggios, riffs, etc?
  • We have several VI guitars, from multiple companies -- how do you account in your MIDI data for the fact that each VI may handle things differently?
Old 23rd February 2018
  #5
Gear Head
 
Hexachords's Avatar
 

Thanks Bruce !

So^^

Will there be an upgrade path for Artist to Pro?
> Yes !!

For guitars, for instance, do you offer strumming only, or also arpeggios, riffs, etc?
> Yes, for the moment only notes (like riff or arpeggios) but we will implement a chords button too.

We have several VI guitars, from multiple companies -- how do you account in your MIDI data for the fact that each VI may handle things differently?
Can you explain ? :p
Old 23rd February 2018
  #6
Lives for gear
 
brucerothwell's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexachords View Post
We have several VI guitars, from multiple companies -- how do you account in your MIDI data for the fact that each VI may handle things differently?

Can you explain ? :p
When using AmpleSounds to develop a MIDI guitar track, it does not work to then later change that track to a different VI guitar.... because the MIDI data was not created from/for that VI guitar.

Part of the issue would be the keys pressed for articulations for one VI would be different than for another.

This would likely apply to most VI's that come from different vendors, I would think.
Old 23rd February 2018
  #7
Gear Head
 
Hexachords's Avatar
 

Well, you can edit the range of the instrument in our settings file, would that solve this issue?
Old 23rd February 2018
  #8
Lives for gear
 
brucerothwell's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexachords View Post
Well, you can edit the range of the instrument in our settings file, would that solve this issue?
I don't know. Have no experience with that.

Is there a settings file dedicated to each specific VI?
Old 23rd February 2018
  #9
Gear Head
 
Hexachords's Avatar
 

There is one global settings but yes, you can set the ranges and dynamics midi values for each VI et for each Articulation of each VI (for orchestral instruments)
Old 23rd February 2018
  #10
Gear Head
 
Hexachords's Avatar
 

I don't know AmpleSounds but in any case we send MIDI signal from Orb. We have a special MIDI driver that create Orb Midi port and you jave to assign a port and channel and it works.
Old 24th February 2018
  #11
Gear Head
 

It says AI but there is no description of what the AI does or how it changes the music. Based on the video it looks more of a note randomizer. There doesn't seem to be a lot of control like e.g. Synfire does. And why would you make a preorder instead of an introductory price? Doesn't make any sense.
Old 25th February 2018
  #12
Gear Head
 

How does Orb connect to the DAW? For example if you have a drumloop that you want to play while composing in Orb.

Rewire?
Old 25th February 2018
  #13
Gear Head
 
Hexachords's Avatar
 

We use virtual Midi cables as rewire isn't good enough to handle so many ports

Last edited by Hexachords; 25th February 2018 at 11:19 AM.. Reason: details
Old 26th February 2018
  #14
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexachords View Post
We use virtual Midi cables as rewire isn't good enough to handle so many ports
Will virtual midi cables start and stop the play in the Daw?

For example if I am composing to drums in the daw and need them to play while orb is playing.
Old 27th February 2018
  #15
Gear Maniac
 

Is it both for mac and pc?
Old 27th February 2018
  #16
Gear Head
 
Hexachords's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by duderancher View Post
Will virtual midi cables start and stop the play in the Daw?

For example if I am composing to drums in the daw and need them to play while orb is playing.
How to you trigger your drum loop? By hitting a Midi Key?
Old 27th February 2018
  #17
Gear Head
 
Hexachords's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pd-Baraka View Post
Is it both for mac and pc?
Yes
Old 27th February 2018
  #18
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexachords View Post
How to you trigger your drum loop? By hitting a Midi Key?
Many VSTs are tempo synced with the DAW Host. Without rewire or something to drive the play head in the DAW how will this be achieved? Also laying a drum pattern in a DAW is much easier than triggering loops for each section.
Old 27th February 2018
  #19
Gear Head
 
Hexachords's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by duderancher View Post
Many VSTs are tempo synced with the DAW Host. Without rewire or something to drive the play head in the DAW how will this be achieved? Also laying a drum pattern in a DAW is much easier than triggering loops for each section.
We will add the option (in May) as a free upgrade to be able to play Orb Composer from the DAW (as a slave)
Old 28th February 2018
  #20
Here for the gear
 

- How does Orb Composer handle gradual tempo changes and time signature changes?
- What other scale types apart from diatonic minor/major and its modes (dorian, phrygian, lydian etc.) does it handle? Are octatonic and other "unusual" scales possible?
- Does Orb Composer support modulating between distant keys and shift tonal centers accordingly?
- What about the determinism in this: If I change parameters in my composition and have Orb Composer re-compose, can I return to previous composition by undo/redo/history features or setting the parameters to previous values? Will this give me the same output as it was before?

Last edited by HiEnergy; 28th February 2018 at 02:22 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 1st March 2018
  #21
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiEnergy View Post
- How does Orb Composer handle gradual tempo changes and time signature changes?
- What other scale types apart from diatonic minor/major and its modes (dorian, phrygian, lydian etc.) does it handle? Are octatonic and other "unusual" scales possible?
- Does Orb Composer support modulating between distant keys and shift tonal centers accordingly?
- What about the determinism in this: If I change parameters in my composition and have Orb Composer re-compose, can I return to previous composition by undo/redo/history features or setting the parameters to previous values? Will this give me the same output as it was before?
I wouldn't hold my breath for a reply. Anything that is questioning this application and what it actually does will be ignored by the guy. This thing reeks of snake oil.
Old 3rd March 2018
  #22
Gear Head
 

They now delete posts that are questioning this program? Are you serious? We're not talking about a $ 50 plugin we are talking about 649 Euro!!!
Old 11th March 2018
  #23
Here for the gear
 

Hi,

Can I know if we are able to export the midi from Orb Composer to our DAW? Or bounce/export selected tracks? I hope it is not just a tool for idea exploration but also quick execution to parts that we like from Orb Composer.
Old 11th March 2018
  #24
Gear Head
 
Hexachords's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlight8 View Post
Hi,

Can I know if we are able to export the midi from Orb Composer to our DAW? Or bounce/export selected tracks? I hope it is not just a tool for idea exploration but also quick execution to parts that we like from Orb Composer.
Yes you will be able to export Midi tracks of course
Old 12th March 2018
  #25
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexachords View Post
Yes you will be able to export Midi tracks of course
Thanks! Just pre-ordered the Artist version Cant wait for its release!
Old 12th March 2018
  #26
Gear Head
 
Hexachords's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlight8 View Post
Thanks! Just pre-ordered the Artist version Cant wait for its release!
Great news, thanks
Old 13th March 2018
  #27
Here for the gear
 

Please answer these important questions

Dear Hexachords, please answer these very important and essential questions, thank you in advance

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiEnergy View Post
- How does Orb Composer handle gradual tempo changes and time signature changes?
- What other scale types apart from diatonic minor/major and its modes (dorian, phrygian, lydian etc.) does it handle? Are octatonic and other "unusual" scales possible?
- Does Orb Composer support modulating between distant keys and shift tonal centers accordingly?
- What about the determinism in this: If I change parameters in my composition and have Orb Composer re-compose, can I return to previous composition by undo/redo/history features or setting the parameters to previous values? Will this give me the same output as it was before?
Old 13th March 2018
  #28
Gear Head
 
Hexachords's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiEnergy View Post
- How does Orb Composer handle gradual tempo changes and time signature changes?
- What other scale types apart from diatonic minor/major and its modes (dorian, phrygian, lydian etc.) does it handle? Are octatonic and other "unusual" scales possible?
- Does Orb Composer support modulating between distant keys and shift tonal centers accordingly?
- What about the determinism in this: If I change parameters in my composition and have Orb Composer re-compose, can I return to previous composition by undo/redo/history features or setting the parameters to previous values? Will this give me the same output as it was before?
Hello Heiko
Sorry for the late answered, as already discussed with you, we are very busy for the release.

In short :
- No gradual tempo changes (would be easy to do but would be a mess when importing the Midi into the DAW then). If many people request it, we will add it.
- Time signature changes allowed in the Pro version
- The scales are the one you mentionned in this first release.
- What do you exactly mean about the modulations?
- With the exact same parameters, the chance to have the same output in a standard musical context is close to 0.
Undo/Redo works fine, you have exactly the same output as it was before.

Old 13th March 2018
  #29
Here for the gear
 

Thanks for your answer, Richard.
Wish you all the best for your endeavor.
Guess I'll order the Pro version after having seen some more walkthrough videos.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexachords View Post
Hello Heiko
Sorry for the late answered, as already discussed with you, we are very busy for the release.

In short :
- No gradual tempo changes (would be easy to do but would be a mess when importing the Midi into the DAW then). If many people request it, we will add it.
- Time signature changes allowed in the Pro version
- The scales are the one you mentionned in this first release.
- What do you exactly mean about the modulations?
- With the exact same parameters, the chance to have the same output in a standard musical context is close to 0.
Undo/Redo works fine, you have exactly the same output as it was before.

Old 14th March 2018
  #30
Here for the gear
 

thank you kindly Hex.
my main question then is whether ORB does full-blown melodies or only sketches of melodic ideas? if i construct a 5 min song with the various blocks, can it be equivalent to a full orchestration with all the elements?
the melodies in the raw video are quite arpeggiator-like - are more complex melodies, which for instance use notes from c2 to c5 and varying note lengths possible with the AI?
Thanks and good luck with the software!
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump