The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Stam Audio SA-EQP1A Equalizer
Old 17th May 2019
Lives for gear

It’s been 3 weeks now. Has anyone received a notification about getting their unit, or an invoice for the remaining balance? I have not.
Old 18th May 2019
Lives for gear

Hey all!

I have been folowing this thread from the get go. Just to be clear, I did not order anything from Stam. I have a question thou...

Why are you all here who are pissed with waiting and broken promises for God knows how many times over keep on ordering and complaining over and over again? Why not go for another boutique builder(s)? Truth is there are many out there!

I am aware I'm poaking a bear but I would love to know why a year and a half waiting? Also, I read some of you here have "tracks on standby" waiting for this EQ so you could run tracks through? I can understand if it's a hobby. But I would love to hear some real thoughts and explanations how to justify a year and a half waiting period?

It's with all Stam's stuff. Endless waiting and who knows how many pushed shipping times over and over. I mean, copy or not, vintage or not, 1:1 or not but... when is enough?

I really don't want anyone to get upset more than you already are but if anyone has some explanation worth writing and explaining I am very interested in hearing it. I am not majoring in sociology or psychology. Too old for that. Just being curious.

I wish you all the best with your long waited Stam stuff!

Best regards,

Krešo
Old 18th May 2019
Lives for gear

I'm not sure Stam could afford to return deposits at this point. I'm not sure that it's within the limits of Pay Pal. You're disputing a payment made 18 months ago. It just adds confusion to the process. That would definitely get Josh's account locked down and I don't think anyone wants that. These are hand built units that rely on hand-built components that arent be delivered to Stam in a timely fashion. So it seems there is just a cluster **** of a situation in the supply chain from top to bottom. I understand people are frustrated with the communication and everyone is asking for Josh to see it from their perspective but I think people should see it from his as well.. How many time can he get on here and say.. "we are still waiting on parts, Sorry" I'm sure he feels pretty cringy about the whole ordeal himself. I pretty much knew when going in that there was a chance I was going to lose 200. I actually ordered a SA-87 from them months ago that was never delivered. Josh has tried to make it right but the time period was so long I just ended up buying an actual vintage 87 and don't really have a need for the Stam version now. I got on here to research other units they make to see if I could pick up something else but it seems there are delays everywhere. So, for now, my plan is to let Stam keep the deposit and once the dust settles maybe we can work something out. If it doesn't then oh whale. 200 isn't going to end my career and maybe I can rest assured that I helped a small boutique company work thru growing pains and Josh and co will eventually get this ironed out.
Old 18th May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by biksonije View Post
Hey all!

I have been folowing this thread from the get go. Just to be clear, I did not order anything from Stam. I have a question thou...

Why are you all here who are pissed with waiting and broken promises for God knows how many times over keep on ordering and complaining over and over again? Why not go for another boutique builder(s)? Truth is there are many out there!

I am aware I'm poaking a bear but I would love to know why a year and a half waiting? Also, I read some of you here have "tracks on standby" waiting for this EQ so you could run tracks through? I can understand if it's a hobby. But I would love to hear some real thoughts and explanations how to justify a year and a half waiting period?

It's with all Stam's stuff. Endless waiting and who knows how many pushed shipping times over and over. I mean, copy or not, vintage or not, 1:1 or not but... when is enough?

I really don't want anyone to get upset more than you already are but if anyone has some explanation worth writing and explaining I am very interested in hearing it. I am not majoring in sociology or psychology. Too old for that. Just being curious.

Best regards,

Krešo
Those are all fair questions. Good questions. I suspect that the answer lies somewhere in the fact that the gear itself makes the hassle tolerable. Reviews of the gear itself have been great, and the prices are right, whereas deliveries range from "normal" to "completely intolerable," so if you're not in a hurry then the price and performance justify the purchase. Personally, I'm sold on the components themselves (the reviews have made them easy sells) but I'd never purchase a product with any kind of delivery expectation. Never for a specific upcoming project. But if I can wait, and I need the component, it's a no-brainer.

No, they're not the only game in town, but certainly amongst the best when it comes to product performance. I also think that they have staying power (despite some people's best efforts to force them into bankruptcy), whereas many other boutique companies of the recent past couldn't find the formula for staying in business, with some current companies struggling, too.
Old 18th May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoPMiX View Post
I'm not sure Stam could afford to return deposits at this point. I'm not sure that it's within the limits of Pay Pal. You're disputing a payment made 18 months ago. It just adds confusion to the process. That would definitely get Josh's account locked down and I don't think anyone wants that. These are hand built units that rely on hand-built components that arent be delivered to Stam in a timely fashion. So it seems there is just a cluster **** of a situation in the supply chain from top to bottom. I understand people are frustrated with the communication and everyone is asking for Josh to see it from their perspective but I think people should see it from his as well.. How many time can he get on here and say.. "we are still waiting on parts, Sorry" I'm sure he feels pretty cringy about the whole ordeal himself. I pretty much knew when going in that there was a chance I was going to lose 200. I actually ordered a SA-87 from them months ago that was never delivered. Josh has tried to make it right but the time period was so long I just ended up buying an actual vintage 87 and don't really have a need for the Stam version now. I got on here to research other units they make to see if I could pick up something else but it seems there are delays everywhere. So, for now, my plan is to let Stam keep the deposit and once the dust settles maybe we can work something out. If it doesn't then oh whale. 200 isn't going to end my career and maybe I can rest assured that I helped a small boutique company work thru growing pains and Josh and co will eventually get this ironed out.
I don’t really understand being an apologist for Stam. They are a professional company and need to act like one. You have a mix of a great product with the communication and logistical organisation of a student organisation. Late parts is not an excuse, especially when it seems to be on every product. Would it be so hard to start putting up much more realistic or conservative delivery dates? While all the delays are going on they are still announcing new products with impossible to achieve deliveries. That is really unprofessional, period.

Last edited by kedbear; 19th May 2019 at 12:34 AM..
Old 20th May 2019
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by biksonije View Post
Hey all!

Best regards,

Krešo
You rise valid concerns, thanks for your input.

I would like to think the explanation is in the sound. You can't find this type of sound anywhere else, my dedication to my machines and craft is my greatest passion and I firmly believe that not even paying 3 times as much you can get something that truly sounds like a vintage piece of gear.

That aside, this Pultec as the mids, so you are getting 2 pultecs for an extremely low price

On top of that, everybody that waited got for even less. Very strange but very very few people have cancelled.

I also offered everybody a 50% discount on their next order as compensation and a lot of people have used it and received a second product for cents.

With regards to the Pultec, I finally start sending these in 15 days, it's been a long journey for clients and ourselves and we are very anxious and happy to share this machine with the world

I can only apologize for how long it has taken, the ADG's are going out daily, the mics, the 1073EQ, now the Pultec and next month the Fairchild

We are catching up, finally
Old 20th May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuanaconda View Post

I would like to think the explanation is in the sound. You can't find this type of sound anywhere else, my dedication to my machines and craft is my greatest passion and I firmly believe that not even paying 3 times as much you can get something that truly sounds like a vintage piece of gear.

That aside, this Pultec as the mids, so you are getting 2 pultecs for an extremely low price

On top of that, everybody that waited got for even less. Very strange but very very few people have cancelled.

I also offered everybody a 50% discount on their next order as compensation and a lot of people have used it and received a second product for cents.

With regards to the Pultec, I finally start sending these in 15 days, it's been a long journey for clients and ourselves and we are very anxious and happy to share this machine with the world

I can only apologize for how long it has taken, the ADG's are going out daily, the mics, the 1073EQ, now the Pultec and next month the Fairchild

Great, and I think it’s clear the quality of your work is very high. However going forwards can you please be more conservative and realistic about delivery dates, and communicate with people honestly and professionally rather than promising deliveries that are constantly missed. I think if your communication can change and be as good as your products you’ll be onto something special.
Old 21st May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:

Josh hi!

Thank you for your honest reply. And an explanation. Still, don't you think you're having too much promised stuff and then stamped on and broken delivery dates? Noone here is questioning quality. Me personally don't own any of your gear and I am sad because of it because everybody is having nothing but good experience. Still, a year and a half for delivery? Way too much my friend. Way too much if you ask me.

I wish you good production and great tools for our studios but you should really re-organize something. I am not going to tell you anything else like what should you do in order of achieving it. Your company man. But your buyers are those who keeps you afloat and in busness. Even with discounts on second buy and such details.

Who knows, maybe some day I will pull the trigger myself on one of your pieces I am particularly intersted in if delivery is shortened.

Best wishes man!

Krešo
Old 21st May 2019
Company Rep
That's what we have been working on

New site , fingers crossed, will be up by Friday. New delivery dates will be there for all products with realistic timelines which we have organized as a team based on our production capabilities.

We now have a customer service team, newsletter, phone number to be reached on will also be on the new site and people can also request calls, I have been calling many clients lately. Overall trying to improve service but unfortunately costs of the units will have to go up a bit, roughly 100 USD each in order to have all of these things.

As long as quality is there I think people will be happy to pay 100 more and get a good service as well

Josh
Old 22nd May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
As long as quality is there I think people will be happy to pay 100 more and get a good service as well
I'm sure you're right.
Old 29th May 2019
Here for the gear

When I order 2 X SA-EQP1A , how long do I need to wait to get them ?
I ask it here because stam audio don't answer the phone and don't answer my e mails?

edit: I have to make a correction, stam audio did send me an e mail but it was in the spam folder.
Old 29th May 2019
Lives for gear

i waited for over one year on my pair.
eventually, i cancelled my order.
but that's just my case.
maybe you get lucky and recieve yours in "less than a year" ?
+
Old 29th May 2019
Here for the gear

omg why is this company not taking customer care seriously , so I have to wait 1 YEAR before they deliver
Old 29th May 2019
Gear Addict

I'm in the "well over a year" camp also. Who honestly knows when this thing is ever coming. I'm not holding my breath, but I also haven't asked for a refund either.
Old 29th May 2019
Company Rep
I am making them right now

Invoices soon
Old 29th May 2019
Gear Addict

Nice! Thanks Stam.
Old 30th May 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I am making them right now

Invoices soon
But how long will it take to next batch?
Old 30th May 2019
Company Rep
Batch is now in June

We are fully working on this as we speak
Old 30th May 2019
That means September
Quote:
Batch is now in June

Old 30th May 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Batch is now in June

But how many “free” (not ordered) units?
Old 30th May 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkstate View Post
But how many “free” (not ordered) units?
Probably none for a while. Id bet there are hundreds of these on pre-order. I've got two of the earliest ones. I think Josh is probably just trying to catch up with pre-orders at this point.
Old 31st May 2019
Here for the gear

I have to make a correction, stam audio did send me an e mail but it was in the spam folder.
Old 31st May 2019
Company Rep
We have about 10 or 15 spots left over
Price will go up to 1090 USD so now it is a good time to secure at 890
All Pultecs will be delivered in June and July
Old 2nd June 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
We have about 10 or 15 spots left over
Price will go up to 1090 USD so now it is a good time to secure at 890
All Pultecs will be delivered in June and July
What’s the current price? Website still has a 799 for first 100 preorders note. I’m interested at those prices, but I’m still waiting on my SA-670, SA 4000 Mkii, and an SA 609 that I don’t expect any time soon. I’m quite reluctant to put up any more cash until until I have one or two in hand, as I preordered the Fairchild within a day or two of its announcement and similar story for the 4000. I’m enthusiastic but still don’t actually own any stam equipment.
Old 3rd June 2019
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmfreeland View Post
What’s the current price? Website still has a 799 for first 100 preorders note. I’m interested at those prices, but I’m still waiting on my SA-670, SA 4000 Mkii, and an SA 609 that I don’t expect any time soon. I’m quite reluctant to put up any more cash until until I have one or two in hand, as I preordered the Fairchild within a day or two of its announcement and similar story for the 4000. I’m enthusiastic but still don’t actually own any stam equipment.
First 100 was met on the first month
Pre-order price has been 890 for 8 months
990 in stock going up to 1090 in June

Your Fairchild will be ready this month or next at the latest

I agree, don't reserve anything else until you get some stuff from me.

We can give you a discount later on anyways due to multiple purchases

Josh
Old 3rd June 2019
Gear Maniac

I appreciate that reply. Hopefully there’s a matched pair of Pultecs in my near future too, though my wife may kill me before I can enjoy all of it..
Old 13th June 2019
Gear Nut
Just a quick message to share that the new website is up.
www.stamaudio.com
Old 14th June 2019
Here for the gear

In this link there is a demonstration how a vintage Pultec sounds in bypass mode. A vocal is send trough and somehow nicely softened by the bypassed Pultec.
I think this will not be good on any source but turns harsh vocals into butter if needed:
https://audiohertz.com/2017/04/10/ho...pultec-eqp-1a/

Will the Stam Pultec also react like this in bypass?
Would be really cool!
Old 16th June 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
First 100 was met on the first month
Pre-order price has been 890 for 8 months
990 in stock going up to 1090 in June

Your Fairchild will be ready this month or next at the latest

I agree, don't reserve anything else until you get some stuff from me.

We can give you a discount later on anyways due to multiple purchases

Josh
Is the mid frequency boost and attenuation or just attenuate?
Old 17th June 2019
Gear Maniac

Any shot we get a stereo version with a single set of controls? My main use is on a mix bus.

Last edited by Jmfreeland; 17th June 2019 at 05:13 PM.. Reason: Typo
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search