The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Stam Audio SA-EQP1A Equalizer
Old 25th January 2018
Lives for gear

well then, let's bump this up
Old 26th January 2018
Lives for gear

Indifferent on it personally, I'd rather it be cheap.
Old 28th January 2018
RIH
Here for the gear

I also preordered 2 for my Studio.
Can´t wait to have them in my hannds!
Old 29th January 2018
Lives for gear

just put in my deposit for a stereo pair.
i really hope joshua can deliver them until may.
Old 5th February 2018
Gear Nut

+1 on the mid boost! ...I suspect that it's a bit unreasonable (after what already appears to be considerable R&D with the combo midband) to request something like this.

Regardless, I'm down for 2! & If you buy me a plane ticket to Chile - I'll help solder!
Old 6th February 2018
Gear Nut

Hey miguelbatalha!

This looks sooo nice! Lovin' that you fused both eqs!!!! Top idea!

Just wondering if you plan on making a solid state version..

Cgeers,

Bourian
Old 26th April 2018
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
There was talk on the Facebook announcement about mid-range boost being possible:

Stam Audio - http://stamaudio.com/sa-eqp1.html

Ok Guys... | Facebook

First, a big +1 from me. If you DON'T add it then you may lose sales on it.

If you do, it will put your EQ above that of the original hardware pieces! It already isn't true to the original so you may as well put a boost in where Pultec should have. I highly doubt anyone who pre-ordered would object. Is it cost holding back that decision?

If you guys would also like to see a mid boost control thumbs this post up!
I should correct, it is true to the original, 100% circuit and soundwise
Old 31st May 2018
Lives for gear

looks like there will be a NOS upgrade including different, peerless equivalent transformers made by Cinemag and NOS tubes. the MID boost option seems to be confirmed as standard on all units as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Stam Audio SA-EQP1A Equalizer-cinemag-cm-s217d-uebertrager-peerless-s217d-ersatz.jpg  

Last edited by the fxs; 1st June 2018 at 07:09 PM..
Old 1st June 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by the fxs View Post
looks like the will be a NOS upgrade including different, peerless equivalent transformers made by Cinemag and NOS tubes. the MID boost option seems to be confirmed as standard on all units as well.
Where???? :-O
Old 1st June 2018
Lives for gear

@ joshuanaconda . . . how is it going ? any official confirmation about the NOS upgrade and the current state of things?
Old 2nd June 2018
Company Rep
Hey Guys

Yes, NOS upgrade will be available for 500 USD and 400 USD for those who reserved.
Mid boost has been added at no extra charge and will be included in MK1

The NOS upgrade uses a Cinemag Peerles replica output transformer made with the same alloy as the original, L12 laminations. It is a true Peerles transformer.

It also uses NOS tubes and upgrades the Input transformer and Inter Stage transformer to lager ones.

I might offer just the Cinemag Output upgrade for 300 USD, yes, it is that expensive!!

I will be sending emails all week!
J
Old 15th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuanaconda View Post
I should correct, it is true to the original, 100% circuit and soundwise
Gotcha. By not true to the original I meant that a combo EQP1A/MEQ-5 doesn't exist from the original hardware manufacturer.

I'm posting to let everyone know that Stam confirmed that the mid boost will be included once this is released. Great job, Joshua!
Old 16th June 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
It is a shame that the mid band is cut only. Ahh well, still a cool feature.
I fully agree. if the mid band was cut and boost I would have two of these. I will give it a miss because of this. I baffles me that all you hear is 'its all in the midrange, its all in the midrange'! yet the eqp is more popular than the meq5. I don't get it
Old 16th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Dover View Post
I fully agree. if the mid band was cut and boost I would have two of these. I will give it a miss because of this. I baffles me that all you hear is 'its all in the midrange, its all in the midrange'! yet the eqp is more popular than the meq5. I don't get it
See my above post. Josh added a mid band boost! I can't edit my old post on page one to reflect the change.
Old 17th June 2018
Company Rep
Mid Boost has been added
All units, no extra charge
Old 17th June 2018
Can we have pics of the new midrange version and also pics of the internal layout? exciting stuff
Old 17th June 2018
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Dover View Post
Can we have pics of the new midrange version and also pics of the internal layout? exciting stuff
It's on our Facebook page!
Old 13th July 2018
Preordered 2 , super stoked. Is the volume pot enough to make them work in stereo?
Old 22nd July 2018
Here for the gear

so... @ joshuanaconda is saying that the stam audio sa-eqp1a sounds identical to the real original Pultec?
i´m interested in buying stereo pultec´s, while searching and reading on the internet, i came to the conclusion that the pulse techniques are the most close to the pultec´s actually the same as the old ones. but their price is just too much compared to the sa-eqp1a.
if the sa-eqp1a sounds identical to the original pultec, why should i give the money to pulse techniques? i could afford a lot of other gear with the difference between a stereo pair of sa-eqp1a and the pulse techniques.

or am i missing there a point?

Old 31st July 2018
Here for the gear

I'm also wondering about the difference between the Pulse and Stam Pultecs. Has anyone compared them?
Old 31st July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwb011 View Post
I'm also wondering about the difference between the Pulse and Stam Pultecs. Has anyone compared them?
Stam's Pultec is not released to the public yet.
Old 4th August 2018
Lives for gear

I deleted my Facebook so I can’t see the updates on the Stam user page sticky. Last I read these were going to ship out in August. Has it already been pushed back to September or is there any update?
Old 4th August 2018
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by thismercifulfate View Post
I deleted my Facebook so I can’t see the updates on the Stam user page sticky. Last I read these were going to ship out in August. Has it already been pushed back to September or is there any update?
Hi,

The batch has been postponed to October.
Old 4th August 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelbatalha View Post
Hi,

The batch has been postponed to October.
Thank you for the update Miguel. That’s obviously a bummer, but I’m very excited to finally get my SA-EQP1A. It will get used daily from day 1 of receiving it. Hopefully that will be the final delay, but I’m not holding my breath.
Old 4th August 2018
Company Rep
Guys

I am adding the rectifier tube, had to made a few final touch up to the design in favor of the sonic character.
We are sending the Chassis to be made on Monday and they will take 8 weeks to get to us
In the meantime we will start soldering the PCB's and buying transformers, tubes, etc...
Sorry about the wait time, we will make it up to you with a truly authentic Pultec at a fraction of the cost!!
Josh
Old 5th August 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuanaconda View Post
Guys

I am adding the rectifier tube, had to made a few final touch up to the design in favor of the sonic character.
We are sending the Chassis to be made on Monday and they will take 8 weeks to get to us
In the meantime we will start soldering the PCB's and buying transformers, tubes, etc...
Sorry about the wait time, we will make it up to you with a truly authentic Pultec at a fraction of the cost!!
Josh
We shall see come October!

I'll be happy to have this in hardware form...with a better sound.

Old 26th August 2018
Lives for gear

Did anyone opt for the upgrade?
Old 27th August 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamj31 View Post
I did! I must admit I don’t fully know how this will affect the sound of it in practice but I figured if I’m gonna get a Pultec I might as well go all in...
Old 27th August 2018
Lives for gear

I’m leaning towards not getting the upgrade.
Old 27th August 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamj31 View Post
Which upgrade? I thought these were all being made the same?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search