The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
LiquidSonics "Seventh Heaven" - New reverb on the way!
Old 11th April 2017
LiquidSonics "Seventh Heaven" - New reverb on the way!

Just caught this on Facebook:

LiquidSonics "Seventh Heaven" - New reverb on the way!-17855401_1308002549236886_6897371535404374494_o.jpg

"An unbeatable mix of quality and affordability. With Seventh Heaven Professional's little sibling it is incredibly quick and simple to pick from some of the the M7's greatest presets.

Featuring full control over decay time, delays and reverb levels this is a true go-to reverb for the budget conscious producer who refuses to compromise on quality."

Videos and some further info can be found on LiquidSonics FB page.

This is looking great!

Disclaimer: I'm not affiliated with LiquidSonics. Just spreading the news.
Attached Thumbnails
LiquidSonics "Seventh Heaven" - New reverb on the way!-17855401_1308002549236886_6897371535404374494_o.jpg  
Old 11th April 2017
OMU
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Introductory price seems to be 199GBP (after that it goes up to 249GBP).

I guess Bricasti has finally made a financial agreement with somebody replicating their stuff ITB.
Old 11th April 2017
OMU
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
It seems there will be two versions: Seventh Heaven and Seventh Heaven Professional. The non pro version will be priced at 49GBP.
Old 11th April 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMU View Post
I guess Bricasti has finally made a financial agreement with somebody replicating their stuff ITB.
No. I just took a look at the FB page. This is a convolution Reverb. Our moderator should have made this clear before creating this confusion.

-Casey
Old 11th April 2017
OMU
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Oh, sorry. I made that assumption knowing you always insisted that the samplings of M7 should be given away for free.
Old 11th April 2017
Company Rep

🎧 10 years
As Casey points out it's a new Fusion-IR reverb with new captures of the M7 done in a way to provide some really cool new capabilities not usually associated with convolution reverbs before. It is not a plugin containing the M7 algorithms in software. Rather than being used in a general purpose scenario, this shows what can be done with Fusion-IR given a laser focus on the best hardware reverb available today (spoiler... you get closer to an M7 - but you don't get an M7). Casey has expressed permission for this LiquidSonics produced and sold product to exist, but Bricasti of course still owns the copyright over the IR content like with every other M7 IR out there.

Powered by Fusion-IR, it's right down there bottom left

The purpose of Seventh Heaven is to tackle head-on many of the restrictions/compromises previously associated with convolution. This new plugin behaves much more like an algorithmic reverb in the way you can control and use it. Plus it sounds incredible, the best yet thanks to some tips from Casey (not that you can really tell from the compression on the teasers on Facebook). The Facebook teaser videos are there (and more coming soon) to show off some of the cool new ways you can use these new toys before release. It's almost ready to go.

Soon I'm hoping for some fun discussion about how this kicks ass and some (hopefully a lot of you) are going to agree with me that it's the best sounding native reverb ever unless you want a reproduction of some specific vintage unit - but I'm not going to try and fool anybody that it's a precise match for the actual M7. It's possibly inevitable that some will want to get into A/Bing the hardware and Seventh Heaven. I shall not be claiming at any point that it's an exact match - you can hear a difference and the hardware still rules supreme. I do claim however that you will not get a closer M7 sound or closer M7 experience in software for quite some time.

These are for people that love the sound of the current M7 Fusion-IRs but are looking for that next level up on those in terms of quality and the kind of flexibility you get with a typical algorithmic reverb. There's still stuff you can do on the M7 that you can't in the plugins, but I've picked some of the controls which I personally love using and find super useful, and brought those closer to native users. Those are going to really help you match the reverb to whatever source material you have - those important edits to decay lengths / early & late roll-off filters / pre-delay (inc tempo sync) / delays (including sync) / early reflection selection / vlf level that you can't do (or can't really do in the style of the hardware) with Fusion-IRs right now - it's all tackled here in a way that just can't be done in a general purpose convolution plugin. It's all achieved with a big increase in multi-sampling in a device-focused way with clever capture interpolation (but it's not practical to go for 100% feature reproduction, currently the disk footprint is slightly under that of the existing Fusion-IRs thanks to some very powerful lossless compression). It's fantastic - I'm very proud of the results and can't wait to get it out for you all to play with and use in your productions - and based on the detailed feedback I'm having with some of the beta testers (some of which own M7s and know the sound very well) I'm sure people are going to love it.

This is just gonna help underline that you want an M7
Old 11th April 2017
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
What are the differences with Reverberate2 with Bricasti Fusion-IRs?
What are your plans for Reverberate2?
Old 11th April 2017 | Show parent
Company Rep

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by meloco_go View Post
What are the differences with Reverberate2 with Bricasti Fusion-IRs?
Sure no problem, a summary of what's there to do the magic:
  • Lots of extra samples so we can do more accurate and flexible decay time behaviour when needing to increase or reduce the decay (down to 200ms, up to 30 sec) for any preset (windowing down the IR is ok but not ideal in terms of an authentic sound on a reduction, and of course extending an IR isn't really even possible beyond approx +30% as you run out of capture quickly, so getting a much longer version of a preset before was not really possible)
  • Modified sampling approach enabling flexible roll-off filtering on early & late (filter it up as well as down, a really great feature, usually you've lost all the high frequency content and can't add brightness - now you can authentically brighten/darken a sampled reverb - a fantastic new feature in the pro version only)
  • Splitting out the VLF sampling / playback so the level can be changed and so that changes to decay times are more accurately reflected in the VLF length (which does not expand and reduce linearly with the late reverb decay - again makes your changes to decay time more accurate and generally way more lifelike/useful)
  • Independent sampling and playback of the early reflections so those can be changed at will, adds so much extra flexibility to the sound you can sculpt within a preset. If you don't find the earlies in a preset meet your needs, no need to find a whole new preset, just go right in and change them (either change the filtering, or select a different set entirely - and since they're running independently it's easy to isolate them and hear the changes without the late reverb if you want to)
  • Enhanced Fusion-IR convolver so the loner decays (>10s) are achievable with this modulated tech
  • Lossless compression, so all this extra sampling is possible without using your whole disk up (makes sense to add this to a major Reverberate update in the future and upgrade the existing Fusion-IRs, on the to-do list)
  • Recorded such that pre-delay (which does not affect the early reflections in hardware) can be modified, added, or removed more authentically (before if you pad or slice the IR to affect pre-delay it will unglue the earlies from the source, not ideal at all and needed some advanced multiple IR1/IR2 manipulation in Reverberate to do it properly as a couple of users here actually ended up doing)
  • Recording in such a way so that late reverb's delay can be removed, or to a first approximation changed / added (not 100% accurate as the M7's delay implementation is a multi-voice one and this is a single delay line, but sounds pretty good and very useful if you want to tempo-sync it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by meloco_go View Post
What are your plans for Reverberate2?
To continue developments with new minor and major point releases as new small and big things are introduced, to expand the library, and to see it continue to be the most flexible general convolution reverb available on the market. Looking more broadly, I am intending for Reverberate, Seventh Heaven and Slate Digital's VerbSuite Classics to coexist in a happy Fusion-IR ecosystem where each has a valuable place and plays to their relative strengths.
Old 11th April 2017
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Thanks for thorough and clear answers!
Old 12th April 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Release the Kraken!!!!!!
Old 12th April 2017 | Show parent
Company Rep

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twrogstudio View Post
Release the Kraken!!!!!!
One week to go...
Old 12th April 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Based on my experience with Reverberate 2.0 I bet this will sound stunning! Reverberate 2.0 with the Fusion IR's is by far my favourite sounding reverb that I've tried!
I don't like that this requires an ilok key. If Seventh Heaven used the same copy protection as Reverberate 2.0 it would have been an instant purchase.
Company Rep

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickiefunk View Post
Based on my experience with Reverberate 2.0 I bet this will sound stunning! Reverberate 2.0 with the Fusion IR's is by far my favourite sounding reverb that I've tried!
I don't like that this requires an ilok key. If Seventh Heaven used the same copy protection as Reverberate 2.0 it would have been an instant purchase.
I acknowledge lots of people dislike iLok. I don't especially want to make the move to it considering existing Reverberate 2 users are not required to use it, much consideration went into this move. The problem I have is a lot of piracy of Reverberate 2 puts big costs on me for data when people come to get the 10+ GB of Fusion-IRs. I had to make significant server upgrades earlier this year to cope with demand, and serving big content like this is very expensive. So I am trying to reduce the piracy of a new product that I think will be even more popular so that the pirates stop costing the business big money.

Also it helps obey the EU laws on resale of software licenses and refunds which I currently cannot do well on license files.

Lots of high end reverb uses iLok, and so I hope that part of the market is already reasonably comfortable with it. Purchases will get 2 auths per user account to avoid the hassle of lost iLok / left iLok at work, etc. I anticipate people asking for machine based authorisations but I've chosen to only permit physical iLok key as I am told this is the highest security option (why go to all the effort and deliberately weaken the security, that makes no sense for the business at this time). I will do my best to be a "nice guy" in situations where people have broken iLoks, lose their iLoks etc etc.

So I offer my apologies to any disappointed potential customers that won't buy as a result, and just hope the majority of people will be understanding that I've done it to protect the business and keep it growing rather than any untoward selfish, greedy, thoughtless, or whatever other inconsiderate motive there might be seen to be behind it. It's a fantastic reverb, and I'm looking forward to welcoming as many existing customers to it as possible (there will be extra savings for existing Reverberate 2 owners that may go some way to cushioning the cost of an iLok if you don't already own one.)

Matt
ps. Don't take any of that to mean any change to licensing policy of Reverberate 2 is coming.

Last edited by liquidsonics; 12th April 2017 at 01:35 PM..
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsonics View Post
Sure no problem, a summary of what's there to do the magic:
  • Lots of extra samples so we can do more accurate and flexible decay time behaviour when needing to increase or reduce the decay (down to 200ms, up to 30 sec) for any preset (windowing down the IR is ok but not ideal in terms of an authentic sound on a reduction, and of course extending an IR isn't really even possible beyond approx +30% as you run out of capture quickly, so getting a much longer version of a preset before was not really possible)
  • Modified sampling approach enabling flexible roll-off filtering on early & late (filter it up as well as down, a really great feature, usually you've lost all the high frequency content and can't add brightness - now you can authentically brighten/darken a sampled reverb - a fantastic new feature in the pro version only)
  • Splitting out the VLF sampling / playback so the level can be changed and so that changes to decay times are more accurately reflected in the VLF length (which does not expand and reduce linearly with the late reverb decay - again makes your changes to decay time more accurate and generally way more lifelike/useful)
  • Independent sampling and playback of the early reflections so those can be changed at will, adds so much extra flexibility to the sound you can sculpt within a preset. If you don't find the earlies in a preset meet your needs, no need to find a whole new preset, just go right in and change them (either change the filtering, or select a different set entirely - and since they're running independently it's easy to isolate them and hear the changes without the late reverb if you want to)
  • Enhanced Fusion-IR convolver so the loner decays (>10s) are achievable with this modulated tech
  • Lossless compression, so all this extra sampling is possible without using your whole disk up (makes sense to add this to a major Reverberate update in the future and upgrade the existing Fusion-IRs, on the to-do list)
  • Recorded such that pre-delay (which does not affect the early reflections in hardware) can be modified, added, or removed more authentically (before if you pad or slice the IR to affect pre-delay it will unglue the earlies from the source, not ideal at all and needed some advanced multiple IR1/IR2 manipulation in Reverberate to do it properly as a couple of users here actually ended up doing)
  • Recording in such a way so that late reverb's delay can be removed, or to a first approximation changed / added (not 100% accurate as the M7's delay implementation is a multi-voice one and this is a single delay line, but sounds pretty good and very useful if you want to tempo-sync it)

To continue developments with new minor and major point releases as new small and big things are introduced, to expand the library, and to see it continue to be the most flexible general convolution reverb available on the market. Looking more broadly, I am intending for Reverberate, Seventh Heaven and Slate Digital's VerbSuite Classics to coexist in a happy Fusion-IR ecosystem where each has a valuable place and plays to their relative strengths.
Thanks for sharing the differences, and thank you for continuing to push the envelope of what you've discovered while still keeping active development on your original product. This makes me glad I have held off from buying a few recent reverb plugins, and you've given it a great look.
Old 12th April 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I love reverbs and own as many as I can justify, and fortunately iLok is no problem for me. However, the pro version at USD $250–$310 for a convolution reverb is well beyond the "no-brainer" point for me. That's more than I paid for LX480, R2, and the whole Lexicon PCM bundle.

It looks very promising and I know how high quality the Fusion IRs are…I use VerbSuite quite often and the M7 is my favorite device sampled there.

I will definitely be testing it, but it will be a tough decision.
Old 12th April 2017
Gear Guru

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Interested in this! Cool Casey's in my town! Must be why he's such a nice guy.....
Old 12th April 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Definitely looking forward to this!
Old 12th April 2017
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
As a self confessed reverb tragic I have pretty much every good ITB reverb on the market.

That includes Reverberate2 and VerbSuite Classics, both of which have M7 Fusion IRs. And the M7 Fusion IRs sound fantastic in those two products.

I've been lucky enough to be involved in testing this and I'm completely blown away by it.

The level of control over the M7 Fusion IRs in this, as detailed by Matt above, takes the ITB Bricasti experience to a new level when compared to Reverberate2 and VBC. Similar presets sound pretty close but it is the ability to tweak those presets in Seventh Heaven that is the new frontier.

Plus, the range and execution of control options available in Seventh Heaven Pro are extremely well thought out and a joy to use.

There are a few surprises hidden in the preference settings to explore as well.

Great work Matt, I wish you all the best for the release of this absolutely stellar product

Last edited by Beatworld; 13th April 2017 at 12:27 AM..
Old 13th April 2017
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Seems you can now buy this? Or at least add it to the basket? Not sure what happens after that though. A bit too early in the morning (and a bit too late last night) for me to be reaching for my card details!

Samples sound very nice though!

R.
Old 13th April 2017 | Show parent
Company Rep

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Betsey View Post
Seems you can now buy this? Or at least add it to the basket? Not sure what happens after that though. A bit too early in the morning (and a bit too late last night) for me to be reaching for my card details!

Samples sound very nice though!

R.
How naive of me to think simply not linking to web pages would prevent Google from finding them These should now be hidden until launch
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
How naive of me to think simply not linking to web pages would prevent Google from finding them These should now be hidden until launch
Ha! They get EVERYWHERE don't they?

R.
Company Rep

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Betsey View Post
Ha! They get EVERYWHERE don't they?

R.
Absolutely! Usually a great thing. Anyway it was all there supposedly unavailable to test in advance of launch, and the testing has gone great so we should be ready for next week
Old 17th April 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I offer my apologies to any disappointed potential customers that won't buy as a result
There are also customers on the other side of the fence that will consider the product because it uses iLok protection.
Old 17th April 2017
Company Rep

🎧 10 years
I'm pleased to say Seventh Heaven and Seventh Heaven Professional are ready ahead of schedule - the free demo and special introductory prices (until 14 May) are now available. An extra discount for Reverberate 2 users is available here.

Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I'm pleased to say Seventh Heaven and Seventh Heaven Professional are ready ahead of schedule - the free demo and special introductory prices (until 14 May) are now available. An extra discount for Reverberate 2 users is available here.

Congrats on the release!

Any chance that there will be an iLok option for Reverberate?
Company Rep

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbyCore View Post
Any chance that there will be an iLok option for Reverberate?
With sufficient demand I might do that if people would find it to be an appealing convenience as an option in future (but don't intend to exclusively move to it).
Old 17th April 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
...trying the Seventh Heaven demo. Felt like I was in church I had say "AMEN!" Answer to my prayers. Supremely happy I waited before pulling the trigger on Verbsuite to compliment Fabfilter Pro-R, although I may pick it up in the far future for the 224. Beautiful simplicity. Thank you Thank you Thank you for the price as well.
Old 17th April 2017
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Sounds absolutely stunning! The gui, the options, the sound, all perfect imho.
Old 17th April 2017
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
I'm in Australia where our internet is slower than our drawl... I'm looking forward to hearing this once I've downloaded all the files
Company Rep

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkandKurious View Post
I'm in Australia where our internet is slower than our drawl... I'm looking forward to hearing this once I've downloaded all the files
Be sure to check the alternative download links (there are mirrors of the files on a US server and Amazon S3 to try and give everybody a good download option if the primary in London isn't serving up data at high speed to your location).
Closed
Topic:
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear