The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Slate Introduces The VRS8 'Virtual Analog' Interface & ML-2 Modeling Microphones
Old 25th August 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Slate View Post
Hi guys, here are some updates:

1. VRS8 is being prepared for release. It will first roll out Mac Thunderbolt, with PC following closely behind. Last will be Old Mac PCIe as it's driver needs more tweaking. Mac Thunderbolt is working great, PC is working great but needs a few bug tweaks. Every unit will contain the PCIe card.

2. There will be a gift for early adopters that I think they'll appreciate (I hope)
What is considered as an early adopter ? Anyone who has preordered?
Old 25th August 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Slate View Post
Hi guys, here are some updates:

1. VRS8 is being prepared for release. It will first roll out Mac Thunderbolt, with PC following closely behind. Last will be Old Mac PCIe as it's driver needs more tweaking. Mac Thunderbolt is working great, PC is working great but needs a few bug tweaks. Every unit will contain the PCIe card.

2. There will be a gift for early adopters that I think they'll appreciate (I hope)

3. The units are gonna spec higher than anything on the market in terms of preamps, noise floor, dynamic range on input and output, headphone amp quality, and of course it comes with a year of our entire software bundle

I once again appreciate the support of everyone who dealt with these major delays. It's been a very stressful year over here at Slate, and your kind words along the process have made it far easier to bare! Thank you on behalf of the team.

The finish line is very near in sight.

Steven
Sounds great, Steven! . Looking forward to the eventual 2-channel version which I would love to pick up. Thanks again for clarifying that each unit will come with a PCI card :D.
Old 25th August 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic_Fare View Post
What is considered as an early adopter ? Anyone who has preordered?
He said anything up to release plus maybe even within the first month I believe? But 100% preorders.
Old 30th August 2018
Here for the gear

Just got a call from Sweetwater. My order will be shipped to me nest week. I ordered 2 interfaces. The gift is vouchers for 2 ML2 Mic's.
Old 30th August 2018
Here for the gear

Just got a call from Sweetwater. My 2 interfaces will be delivered next week. The gift is a voucher for 2 ML2 Mic's.
Old 31st August 2018
Gear Addict

Congratulations randybrown1. Let us know your feedback. On Mac or PC?
Double post for double interfaces
Old 31st August 2018
Here for the gear

Thunderbolt Mac.
Old 1st September 2018
Gear Head

@ Steven O ne request:

Can we have VRS 2/ VRS 4 for less input recording users ? 8 inputs are too much for my use.
Viewing your announcement video right now, 0.7 sec latency and other top end features, its my die hard wish to have a VRS2/4, a more economical and usable option !

Last edited by Ziko123; 1st September 2018 at 01:07 AM.. Reason: emoji
Old 3rd September 2018
Gear Maniac
I also received a call from my sweetwater rep and heard the same thing (my pre-order is shipping this week and there is a voucher for free mics included as an early adopter). I'm surprised the thread is this quiet in light of the news...or perhaps this is the calm before the storm. Very interested to test it out and to see if the interface delivers on the low latency promises. I'm using my ULN8s (with the new 3D cards) and the latency is good at 96k with most reasonable buffer settings (64 is typical, but 32 has been problematic), but hope to see better performance with this unit. Logic reports roundtrip latency with the ULN8 on ethernet at 7ms with 96k/32 sample buffer. The slate spec of ".7 milliseconds of latency at 96K (with a 32 sample buffer)" feels like a distant dream for me....but days away from testing.
Old 3rd September 2018
Lives for gear

2 ml2 mics per interface, or 1?
I’d also love to know the dimensions/depth of these things for racking etc.

Also is it 10 simultaneous inputs or 8 (2 hi-z and 8 mic/line in)? Unclear in the Sweetwater details.

Last edited by thermos; 3rd September 2018 at 08:14 PM..
Old 4th September 2018
Lives for gear

What qualifies someone as an 'early adopter' to get the coupon for 2 free ML2 mics?

Is there official info somewhere?
Old 5th September 2018
Gear Head

Steven himself replied to my same question stating that it’s any pre-order. I think there was a grace period after release as well, but for sure any pre-orders unless that’s changed.
I would also like to know if it’s 1 mic per interface or 2. 1 is most likely and awesome but 2 would be an extremely welcome and generous gift. Having to have an extra 6 grand sit in your bank account while you wait for the company to pull the money for 10 months is hard to look at! Hahaha
Old 5th September 2018
Gear Head

Official release today! Woo! No to wait for guitar center to let me know it’s available for pickup...
Old 5th September 2018
Gear Guru
Wondering how the pres and conversion are.... Stiff competition out there! Anyone heard it?
Old 5th September 2018
Gear Head

Well remember the Pres and converters are made to be pure clean and clear.

I’m sure there are tons of pres that might have a more appealing sound raw, but these pres aren’t supposed to be used raw (or at least, that’s not their priority purpose). They’re supposed to be paired with an equal microphone to then take on the character of the pres in software.

I imagine raw they might sound like cleaner grace designs pres. Just straight up clean and quiet. I’m loving those signal to noise ratio specs personally.
Old 6th September 2018
Here for the gear

Really wanted to know about the power supply. So important!
Old 6th September 2018
Here for the gear

Just picked mine up a Fedex. It will be a few day's before I can try it out.
Old 6th September 2018
Here for the gear

Mine is in the mail to my home. I’ve been fortunate enough to be on the beta testing team. This interface is everything it claims to be. I sold my clarett Pre8X and have no regrets. They really made an amazing interface at a affordable price. I could go on and on about it. The workflow with this is amazing using the VMS and ml2’s.
Old 6th September 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthehuman View Post
Steven himself replied to my same question stating that it’s any pre-order. I think there was a grace period after release as well, but for sure any pre-orders unless that’s changed.
I would also like to know if it’s 1 mic per interface or 2. 1 is most likely and awesome but 2 would be an extremely welcome and generous gift. Having to have an extra 6 grand sit in your bank account while you wait for the company to pull the money for 10 months is hard to look at! Hahaha
@ Steven A re you able to confirm this?

I did see you mention a gift for early adopters but heard there may be a cut off as well.
Does this impact international pre-orders?
Old 7th September 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic_Fare View Post
@ Steven A re you able to confirm this?

I did see you mention a gift for early adopters but heard there may be a cut off as well.
Does this impact international pre-orders?
In the other thread he said all pre-orders, but anything after the release announcement didn’t get the vouchers for the 2 mics. BUT we did get the return of $500 off a 2nd vrs8.
Old 7th September 2018
Lives for gear

This thread should be closed since the new one is open: Slate Digital VRS8 Thunderbolt Interface - Now Available
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search