Old 29th November 2016
Lives for gear

Count me in.
Old 29th November 2016
Here for the gear

Now I can start keeping my money before the official announcement
Old 30th November 2016
Gear Maniac

I didn't expect Eventide to create a new flagship hardware piece. I wonder how it will sell compared to the h8000 when that was brand new? It's a different world than it was back then and it seems like the facilities that can afford this kind of machine are operating in a rarified atmosphere.

I guess there will always be fewer Bentley drivers than Schwinn riders.
Old 30th November 2016
Lives for gear

Please make a ****yn remote for it!!!!!! For the love of Alan Greenspan
Old 30th November 2016
Lives for gear

Not sure if this is real.
Old 30th November 2016
Lives for gear

A french dealer appears to have a 2017 eventide catalogue that contains references to the h9000.. looks reasonably legit
Old 30th November 2016
Lives for gear

Nice !! Here is the info so far

"The new generation of H9000 multi-effects processors has a modular architecture for a customized configuration of DSP power and I / O. Compatible with the most popular audio networks, it offers multichannel processing capabilities equivalent to ten times the power of the H8000 series, a performance that can not be achieved until now, even with plug-in software solutions.
The H9000 is designed to include all of Eventide's most renowned effects in a solution that fits perfectly into all current production situations: studio, live, post-production and broadcast. It has an innovative and intuitive user interface: a color display on the front, plus the emote ™ software, available for Mac, PC and iOS, as well as AAX, VST and AU plug-in formats.
Delivered with thousands of immediately usable effects, the H9000 is able to simultaneously execute up to 16 algorithms: delay, diatonic pitch-shifting, flangers, EQs, reverberations, with the possibility of creating its own multichannel effects. It is fully compatible with the H8000, H7600, H9 algorithms and the VSIG development platform.
The new "FX Chain" feature allows you to combine up to 4 algorithms to create "Super-Effects".
The H9000 is equipped with a modular DSP section, consisting of 4 independent slots, each capable of handling 32 audio channels. Input / output configuration is also expandable, 3 slots for compatibility with audio formats: Pro Tools, Thunderbolt, Dante, MADI, Ravenna, AVB, AES67 and USB Audio"
Old 30th November 2016
Gear Head

Arriving just in time to be paired with the new Cycfi Nexus polyphonic guitar interface... Fun times ahead :D
Old 1st December 2016
Lives for gear

I wish that emote would work on classic vsig.
Old 1st December 2016
Lives for gear

Eventide's version of the Fractal. This box should cost no more than the Fractal box. Looks great.
Old 1st December 2016
Lives for gear

Its gonna be 6500 im guessing.
Old 1st December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuc647 View Post
Its gonna be 6500 im guessing.
Yes it will be super expensive. At least 5 Gs
Old 1st December 2016
Lives for gear

Wow. Excited yet scared for the cost. So youll buy it with one slot and then buy more slots for whatever connection format you want to use? Does it come with analog at all or do they want you to buy interfaces?

But wow. I thought that this day would never come. I thought that they were having so much success with their pedals and plugins that sinking a bunch of time and money into a new flagship processor wouldnt be worth it in 2016
Old 1st December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by clip6 View Post
Eventide's version of the Fractal. This box should cost no more than the Fractal box. Looks great.
Why would that be... when Fractal still can't make sound decent any algorithms ripped off older Eventides?
Old 1st December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by italo de angelis View Post
Why would that be... when Fractal still can't make sound decent any algorithms ripped off older Eventides?
I'd like to see this box priced so it will sell. It's 2016. I do love Eventide boxes. Hope the box is a success.
Old 1st December 2016
Lives for gear

Excited but nervous. Doesnt help that the Canadian dollar is so terrible right now. Wondering if it will be worth selling the following and how much more money Id have to come up with to afford a H9000...

Eventide Orville
Kurzweil KSP8 w/TDIF, ADAT card
Yamaha SPX2000
Mutec MC-4
Yamaha UR824 (I use my Apollo Twin USB to track now)

Because part of me wants to sell these before the inevitable price drop that will come with the H9000 pricing and availability announcement. I'm sure therell be a flood of studios selling digital boxes soon to get one of these.

I'm hoping for a nice price point but if it's much more than 5k than I am probably priced out. Time to start saving!

I mean, I could just go with a used H8000FW for much less but I think if I am going through all of this hassle that I should just go with a H9000. Especially love the USB in/out for mixing/mastering duties.

PS. Axe-Fx doesnt hold a candle. I bought one of their boxes locally cheap and then insta flipped it on Ebay. All my other stuff honestly blew it away.

Last edited by plikestechno; 1st December 2016 at 10:52 PM..
Old 1st December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by plikestechno View Post
Excited but nervous. Doesnt help that the Canadian dollar is so terrible right now. Wondering if it will be worth selling the following and how much more money Id have to come up with to afford a H9000...

Eventide Orville
Kurzweil KSP8 w/TDIF, ADAT card
Yamaha SPX2000
Mutec MC-4
Yamaha UR824 (I use my Apollo Twin USB to track now)

Because part of me wants to sell these before the inevitable price drop that will come with the H9000 pricing and availability announcement. I'm sure therell be a flood of studios selling digital boxes soon to get one of these.

I'm hoping for a nice price point but if it's much more than 5k than I am probably priced out. Time to start saving!

PS. Axe-Fx doesnt hold a candle. I bought one of their boxes locally cheap and then insta flipped it on Ebay. All my other stuff honestly blew it away.

WAIT!!!
Keep the Orville and the KURZWEIL!!!
First it has to be a real product... then wait for OS updates. Take it easy and watch...
Old 1st December 2016
Lives for gear

I agree, I was gonna jump on a kurzweil on reverb that had a remote, but i was too late. If i can find a remote ill grab it.
Old 7th December 2016
Lives for gear

It is true and we shall see it next year.
Discussions took place in Europe as the part of global launch campaign.
The market is expected to be in 2000-3000 pieces sold in the first year, what would justify R&D costs and keep Eventide on the top of game.
All aspiring studios and large number of consumate enthusiasts are safe bet for Eventide with target price of 5000 for base model and some 1500 for all options, chiefly related to connectivity.
It will be evolutionary step that will add all missing functionality to H8000 and mind blowing processing power.
In terms of many users with lesser budgets it is expecred that H8000 would become more affordable on second hand market, in price range 2000-2500 what is beneficial for expanding Eventide customer base.
Old 7th December 2016
Gear Nut

In the past they've done upgrades from older units to the most current offering.

For example, there was an upgrade from the Orville to the H8000 and an upgrade from the H8000 to the H8000FW. It's an expensive upgrade, up to $3000 for some of the older units to be made current.

I wonder if they'll allow for an H8000 to H9000 upgrade?
Old 7th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondoe1972 View Post
In the past they've done upgrades from older units to the most current offering.

For example, there was an upgrade from the Orville to the H8000 and an upgrade from the H8000 to the H8000FW. It's an expensive upgrade, up to $3000 for some of the older units to be made current.

I wonder if they'll allow for an H8000 to H9000 upgrade?

Nope!
This is a whole new hardware platform. The H8000 is the end of the previous one, started with the DSP4000 in the early '90s. Everything changes here... if it's real.

Italo de Angelis
Old 7th December 2016
Lives for gear

I hope they found a way to keep it cool (and still quiet). Also, it'd be nice if they had something similar to Axe-Edit with the extra option to go deeper in VSIG.
Old 8th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
WAIT!!!
Keep the Orville and the KURZWEIL!!!
First it has to be a real product... then wait for OS updates. Take it easy and watch...
I second what Italo says!

Also kdfx laserverb hnnnnngggg
Old 8th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entrainer View Post
I hope they found a way to keep it cool (and still quiet). Also, it'd be nice if they had something similar to Axe-Edit with the extra option to go deeper in VSIG.
You either have a closed platform... which can use closed structured editors like the Axe's or you have an open platform... where Vsig is the thing. Can't be in between.
Vsig is NOT the problem. Truth is most people don't know how to build something and take it ON Vsig.
Gibson sells guitars... can it be considered responsible to teach people how to play guitar?
Old 8th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
You either have a closed platform... which can use closed structured editors like the Axe's or you have an open platform... where Vsig is the thing. Can't be in between.
Max4Live seems to have pulled it off.

Quote:
Vsig is NOT the problem.
What is the problem? The answer has to be death. If one has an eternity, it'd be trivial to spend a year or two mastering the complexities of designing a patch in VSIG. But there are those pesky things like clients, entropy, hunger. Time is passing.

Quote:
Truth is most people don't know how to build something and take it ON Vsig.
I agree. And if that is the case, then the H8000FW becomes a $5500 preset machine with over-the-top showroom presets unsuitable for most real-world applications.

Quote:
Gibson sells guitars... can it be considered responsible to teach people how to play guitar?
A software/hardware company can find success while also considering both interface design and usability. I've seen multiple examples. MacOS/Windows vs. DOS comes to mind.

Interface and accessibility expectations have come a long way since 2005.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARIEL View Post
[I][B]It has an innovative and intuitive user interface: a color display on the front, plus the emote ™ software, available for Mac, PC and iOS, as well as AAX, VST and AU plug-in formats.
Curious to see what the emote ™ software is and how it functions as a plugin.

Last edited by Entrainer; 8th December 2016 at 03:35 PM..
Old 12th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Max4Live seems to have pulled it off.

What is the problem? The answer has to be death. If one has an eternity, it'd be trivial to spend a year or two mastering the complexities of designing a patch in VSIG. But there are those pesky things like clients, entropy, hunger. Time is passing.
The problem is you have no idea what Vsig is and does if you compare its architecture with the Axe... there is just nothing in common there.
Vsig is closer to Max or Kyma... where you really build things. Because you can build anything in many different ways which always are an aggregation of audio/match/control/interface/etc. modules, you can't possibly compare a CHORUS block of the Axe with what a chorus is on the H8000... so you can't really play with single blocks and their routing. Here YOU create the blocks and the routing. Is a way deeper process.

Quote:
I agree. And if that is the case, then the H8000FW becomes a $5500 preset machine with over-the-top showroom presets unsuitable for most real-world applications.
There are hundreds of presets used by anybody out there. Like in every closed architecture machines, here you get presets in much bigger quantity that do similar tasks and are built in different ways. You may simply need to tweak them rather than build something for everything you need to use the box for.
99% of users do that in the real world.

Quote:
A software/hardware company can find success while also considering both interface design and usability. I've seen multiple examples. MacOS/Windows vs. DOS comes to mind.
Interface and design are very easy. Don't blame the tool. You can be up & running in an afternoon of study and practice. If you already have this attitude suggested by your posts... just get an Axe and pretent to have "studio" tools and live happy with that.
The H8000 is something else and you need to approach it for what it is.
Old 12th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
The problem is you have no idea what Vsig is and does if you compare its architecture with the Axe...

Vsig is closer to Max or Kyma... where you really build things.
First, show me specifically where I compared the architecture to Axe.

Second, I've owned three Kyma systems since 1998 and was trained personally by Carla Scaletti.

Third, I familiar with the H8000FW and VSIG because I owned one for several years.

I'm just a customer looking for an improved experience and you are taking it personally. Why are you so sensitive? Do you have something to lose?

Personally, I don't care enough to dedicate more time to this discussion. I'll vote with my wallet and others are welcome to their own opinions, hopefully without additional personal attacks by (ex)Eventide employees.

I hope you feel better.

All the best.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search