The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Slate Digital Announces FG-STRESS: Official Distressor Emulation
Old 26th September 2017
  #1651
Lives for gear
 
bgood's Avatar
I'm in an unending vox session... Had just enough time to install and run a couple things through... Sounds great so far!
Old 26th September 2017
  #1652
Been playing around with this thing all morning and it sounds incredible... instant favorite. Still wish I could load this outside the rack but won't go down that road today

Awesome work!
Old 26th September 2017
  #1653
Lives for gear
 
octatonic's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmicide View Post
Donald, is that you?

I think the Donald is more of a Fruity Loops kinda guy.
3
Share
Old 26th September 2017
  #1654
Lives for gear
 
brockorama's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateprotoculture View Post
Been playing around with this thing all morning and it sounds incredible... instant favorite. Still wish I could load this outside the rack but won't go down that road today
So I have to buy the VMR thing just to try this out? Never really owned any Slate stuff except a SSD4 pack about 6 years ago.

Seems counterintuitive to have to buy a product to trial another product lol

Oh well, I own the arousor but I wanted to compare these side by each for $HiTs and giggles.
Old 26th September 2017
  #1655
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockorama View Post
So I have to buy the VMR thing just to try this out? Never really owned any Slate stuff except a SSD4 pack about 6 years ago.

Seems counterintuitive to have to buy a product to trial another product lol

Oh well, I own the arousor but I wanted to compare these side by each for $HiTs and giggles.
No you can try out the VMR for 30 days I believe. Just press "get demo" on this page Virtual Mix Rack - Slate Digital
only thing you need is an Ilok!
1
Share
Old 26th September 2017
  #1656
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockorama View Post
So I have to buy the VMR thing just to try this out? Never really owned any Slate stuff except a SSD4 pack about 6 years ago.

Seems counterintuitive to have to buy a product to trial another product lol

Oh well, I own the arousor but I wanted to compare these side by each for $HiTs and giggles.
The rack itself is for free. As well as some 3 very simple modules: Trim, Revival and Monster (the emulation of the 1176 in all buttons mode.
2
Share
Old 26th September 2017
  #1657
Here for the gear
 

Has anyone of you had issues with VMR not saving settings? I was just messing around with FG-Stress, I don't own a real distressor but it sounds great and very useful. However, when I saved my session and reopened it all my VMR settings had reset. This has never happened before so I am assuming it has to do with the VMR update, I have also opened a ticket with Slate support... Just curious if I am the only one experiencing this (PTHD 10 on old OS) or if this is a common problem? Just lost the awesome drum sound I had spent two hours tweaking...
Old 26th September 2017
  #1658
Gear Addict
 
Dutch Dave's Avatar
I updated and I can't wait to try the FG-Stress but for some reason my VMS always stops working when I install an update of the VMR. I can't open the virtual mics no more in the VMR.

(edit) - never mind it works now, I have to manually install it instead of updating it through Gobbler.
1
Share
Old 26th September 2017
  #1659
went back to a project and squeezed the stress in the vmrs....big smile almost instantly...thanx Steven...it was worth while the delay cheers
Old 26th September 2017
  #1660
Fantastic emulation. Sounds and acts like a Distressor to me.
Slate slays again. Killer tools! Congrats to the whole team
Old 26th September 2017
  #1661
Here for the gear
 
deadair's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B36arin View Post
Has anyone of you had issues with VMR not saving settings? I was just messing around with FG-Stress, I don't own a real distressor but it sounds great and very useful. However, when I saved my session and reopened it all my VMR settings had reset. This has never happened before so I am assuming it has to do with the VMR update, I have also opened a ticket with Slate support... Just curious if I am the only one experiencing this (PTHD 10 on old OS) or if this is a common problem? Just lost the awesome drum sound I had spent two hours tweaking...
I had the same issue. Sadly seems to now be a known issue with OSX 10.8 and older. I had to uninstall and then re-install an older version.
Old 26th September 2017
  #1662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Dave View Post
I updated and I can't wait to try the FG-Stress but for some reason my VMS always stops working when I install an update of the VMR. I can't open the virtual mics no more in the VMR.

(edit) - never mind it works now, I have to manually install it instead of updating it through Gobbler.
I try avoid that gobbler app like the plague if possible.
Old 26th September 2017
  #1663
WOW
Old 26th September 2017
  #1664
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Dave View Post
I updated and I can't wait to try the FG-Stress but for some reason my VMS always stops working when I install an update of the VMR. I can't open the virtual mics no more in the VMR.

(edit) - never mind it works now, I have to manually install it instead of updating it through Gobbler.
VMS was never available via Gobbler. The latest VMS/VMR installer will always be in your Slate Account.
Old 27th September 2017
  #1665
Here for the gear
 

10.8 issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadair View Post
I had the same issue. Sadly seems to now be a known issue with OSX 10.8 and older. I had to uninstall and then re-install an older version.
Hi where is the information on this known issue? Im running 10.8 with logic and an older VMR...was going to get this stress plug but worried about updating VMR if its not compatible with 10.8 and saving? What Daw were using to have issues? When you rolled back to older VMR I'm assuming then you cant use the stress module?
Cheers
James
Old 27th September 2017
  #1666
Here for the gear
 
deadair's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gayjay View Post
Hi where is the information on this known issue? Im running 10.8 with logic and an older VMR...was going to get this stress plug but worried about updating VMR if its not compatible with 10.8 and saving? What Daw were using to have issues? When you rolled back to older VMR I'm assuming then you cant use the stress module?
Cheers
James
In the Slate Audiophiles Facebook group Slate employees have posted saying it's now a known issue and multiple people (myself included) have submitted tickets. I'm OSX 10.8.5 with PT 12.4. And yes that's correct I reverted back to a prior VMR without FG-Stress.
1
Share
Old 27th September 2017
  #1667
Here for the gear
 

OK thanks for the headsup deedair. Seems like most of the people reporting issues on older OSx are using protools...i wonder if there are any logic users out there as slow as me still running mac osx 10.8 that have the issues also?
Topic:
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump