The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Mercuriall Audio Software - Spark amp sim
Old 6th September 2016
Gear Maniac

Mercuriall Audio Software - Spark amp sim

Hey guys and gals!

Just wanted to tease you a bit

Some cool stuff coming soon from Mercuriall... =)

UPDATE:

Spark is planned to be released in Q4 2016.

Price
Will be announced later.

Software will be available for download at our website Welcome to Mercuriall Audio Software | Mercuriall Audio Software

Product Details

Supported platforms and formats:
Mac: VST Universal, AU Universal, AAX x64
PC: VST x32, VST x64, AAX x64

Amp section:
Based on Marshall® AFD (four channels)
Based on Marshall® JCM 800 (two channels)
Based on Marshall® JMP Super Lead (two channels) with Master Mod
Based on Marshall® JMP Super Bass (two channels) with Master Mod
Tubes: 12AX7 RCA, 12AX7 RSD; 6L6GC, EL34

Cab section:
Based on Bogner® Uberkab 412 - 4x12 Celestion® G12T-75
Based on Bogner® Uberkab 412 - 4x12 Celestion® V30s
Based on Marshall® 1960B - 4x12 Greenback
Based on Marshall® 1960B - 4x12 JBL® K120 (vintage)
Microphones: Shure® SM57, Sennheiser® MD441, Royer® R121

Pedals and FX section:
Noise Gate
Overdrive based on Ibanez® TS-808
Overdrive based on Ibanez® TS-808 Lower Drive Mod
Overdrive based on Ibanez® TS-7 Hot
Overdrive based MESA/BOOGIE® Grid Slammer
Stereo Chorus
Stereo Delay
Stereo Reverb

Additional settings:
Oversampling: no, x2, x4, x8
Samplerate: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96

Last edited by Barmaley; 16th September 2016 at 05:10 PM.. Reason: Info update
Old 8th September 2016
Gear Maniac

noice
Old 8th September 2016
Gear Maniac

More info to follow next week (I hope)!
Old 9th September 2016
Gear Maniac

Keen.
Old 16th September 2016
Gear Maniac

Mercuriall Audio Software announces new guitar amp sim “Spark”!

Spark is a VST/AU/AAX plugin that models four Marshall® tube amplifiers, four guitar cabinets, four overdrive pedals and a set of the most common spatial effects.
Spark is the realization of all our latest achievements in the field of real-time electric circuits modeling. First of all, it’s a tube push-pull power amplifier that is working with a reactive load (guitar cabinet), with negative feedback and electric feed chains. This allowed us to implement a truly realistic poweramp saturation (very important for the majority of the Marshall®-based amps), realistic work of the Presence knob and made possible to take into account the influence of the output and power transformers.

We have considerably improved the cabinet section. Apart from the smooth positioning of microphones, we added an option to mix sound of two mics. This allows you to find pretty much any desired sound. There are four cabs and three microphones at your disposal.

Despite the fact that Spark is an amp and cab sim above all, we gave a lot of attention to the FX section. There is a Noise Gate at the input, as well as a number of pedals: there are currently four overdrives, implemented with our proprietary technology of the electric chain modeling. As for the spatial effects - there are Chorus, Delay and Reverb.

Spark’s UI continues our approach of simple usability at no expense to a wide functionality. All main actions require just a single click. We pay a lot of attention to the design, that passes a lot of iterations of adjustments and improvements, offering you a very simple and functional solution.

Spark is planned to be released in Q4 2016.

Price
Will be announced later.

Software will be available for download at our website Welcome to Mercuriall Audio Software | Mercuriall Audio Software

Product Details

Supported platforms and formats:
Mac: VST Universal, AU Universal, AAX x64
PC: VST x32, VST x64, AAX x64

Amp section:
Based on Marshall® AFD (four channels)
Based on Marshall® JCM 800 (two channels)
Based on Marshall® JMP Super Lead (two channels) with Master Mod
Based on Marshall® JMP Super Bass (two channels) with Master Mod
Tubes: 12AX7 RCA, 12AX7 RSD; 6L6GC, EL34

Cab section:
Based on Bogner® Uberkab 412 - 4x12 Celestion® G12T-75
Based on Bogner® Uberkab 412 - 4x12 Celestion® V30s
Based on Marshall® 1960B - 4x12 Greenback
Based on Marshall® 1960B - 4x12 JBL® K120 (vintage)
Microphones: Shure® SM57, Sennheiser® MD441, Royer® R121

Pedals and FX section:
Noise Gate
Overdrive based on Ibanez® TS-808
Overdrive based on Ibanez® TS-808 Lower Drive Mod
Overdrive based on Ibanez® TS-7 Hot
Overdrive based MESA/BOOGIE® Grid Slammer
Stereo Chorus
Stereo Delay
Stereo Reverb

Additional settings:
Oversampling: no, x2, x4, x8
Samplerate: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96

Stay tuned for more news!

Yours,
Mercuriall Audio Software team
Old 16th September 2016
Looks really good. Any chance we can get some sound samples?
Old 16th September 2016
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxterbrown View Post
Looks really good. Any chance we can get some sound samples?
Hey! We don't have any yet, but I am sure there will be samples in near future!
Old 5th October 2016
Gear Maniac

Whatsup!

Here is a short sample of a clean sound you can get with Spark. Built-in chorus, reverb and delay were used. No processing on the guitar track. Some basic VSTs on Master.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/83g2q35h2et2lfl/800-clean.mp3
or
https://soundcloud.com/mercuriall/800-clean

How does it sound to you? =)
Old 3rd November 2016
Gear Maniac

Wazup!

One of our beta testers - BlastWave Studios - created a mix with an early version of Spark. Sounds sweet! 800 amp on rhythm and Lead on solo. Check it out here:
Old 10th November 2016
Gear Maniac

Whazzup everyone!

You can now subscribe to our newsletter at Welcome to Mercuriall Audio Software | Mercuriall Audio Software! Once in, you will be the first one to be informed about new product releases, special deals and other useful news. Subscribe now to make sure you don't miss an introductory sale of the upcoming Spark! We are still aiming to release it in Q4 2016.
Check out the new Spark page here: Spark | Mercuriall Audio Software
Old 13th December 2016
Gear Maniac

Greetings!
We hope everyone is ready for a bunch of awesome news! Of course, Spark related.

In the coming days we will announce the following: Demo Version details, the full price and a special Introductory Price.
Meanwhile, check out this cool modern metal mix made by ForTiorI with Spark's AFD and 800 amps:

https://soundcloud.com/mercuriall/me...dern-metal-mix
Old 14th December 2016
Gear Maniac

The details, as promised!

Mercuriall Spark
https://mercuriall.com/cms/details_spark

Release: December 20th, 2016.
Price: $120.
Intro price: (December 20-23rd): $99.
Special price for the U530 owners: $99.

Demo version limitations:
- Occasional silence.
- Plugin settings cannot be saved.
- Default plugin settings are restored every 20 minutes.

Please spread the news and join us at Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MercuriallAudioSoftware/

Old 20th December 2016
CPU Issues?

Tried the demo out today, sort of. Really like the overall sound of this. The noise gate and effects are nice features. However, I'm on Studio One (3.3, PC, AMD quad core) and the CPU was maxed out, even on No oversampling. U530 works just fine, so I assume it's some kind of bug. Would like to try this sim out more, but can't in its current condition. Hopefully it's a simple fix.

Also, would really like some smaller cabinet choices, 1x12s and 2x12s would be a welcome addition since there is no current way to use your own IRs.

Sim looks promising. Just wish it worked on my system.
Old 20th December 2016
Gear Maniac

As you may have noticed, we've released Spark today! All the details are available at https://mercuriall.com/cms/details_spark
Check out the Demo - hope you like it!

Old 21st December 2016
Gear Maniac

thank you very much for making this AWESOME plugin!!!
Old 21st December 2016
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxterbrown View Post
Tried the demo out today, sort of. Really like the overall sound of this. The noise gate and effects are nice features. However, I'm on Studio One (3.3, PC, AMD quad core) and the CPU was maxed out, even on No oversampling. U530 works just fine, so I assume it's some kind of bug. Would like to try this sim out more, but can't in its current condition. Hopefully it's a simple fix.

Also, would really like some smaller cabinet choices, 1x12s and 2x12s would be a welcome addition since there is no current way to use your own IRs.

Sim looks promising. Just wish it worked on my system.
Interesting. Could you post a detailed PC spec, please? Also, what was the buffer size in the sound card settings?

@ Dirk Reinking
You are welcome!
Old 22nd December 2016
PC specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barmaley View Post
Interesting. Could you post a detailed PC spec, please? Also, what was the buffer size in the sound card settings?

Tested it on two computers

1. DELL Latitude E7440 i7 processor. 2.70 GHz. 8 GB RAM. 64 Bit. Buffer setting was 512. Spark was set to No Oversampling and the CPU was spiking up to 100, but on average showed at around 80.

2. HP Pavilion AMD quadcore processor. 8 GB Ram. 64 Bit. Buffer setting 512. Komplete Audio 6 sound card. On this computer the CPU still jumped all over, but averaged around 60 per instance.

I used Studio One 3.3 on both computers.

Hope this helps!
Old 22nd December 2016
Gear Maniac

@ Baxterbrown
Definitely not normal, passing on to developers.

If you have a moment to install Reaper (http://reaper.fm/ super light DAW and can be evaluated for free) and see if the same happens there, that'd be amazing.
Old 22nd December 2016
Quote:
@ Baxterbrown
Definitely not normal, passing on to developers.

If you have a moment to install Reaper (REAPER | Audio Production Without Limits super light DAW and can be evaluated for free) and see if the same happens there, that'd be amazing.
Tried it in Reaper. 1 instance of Spark used 6 - 8% CPU. Not bad

Sounded great too.

Must be a Studio One issue. Definitely not the first time this has happened with Studio One, for me at least.
Old 23rd December 2016
Gear Maniac

@ Baxterbrown
Thank you for checking!
We've tried to run Spark in Studio One 3.3 and it does not kill the CPU like it does on your side.
Not sure what may be the issue... Are you running the 64 bit plugin in the Studio One? Just checking. I'm out of ideas for now
Old 23rd December 2016
Lives for gear

Fine in Studio One 3.3 for me too. Sounds awesome btw!!!
Old 23rd December 2016
Quote:
@ Baxterbrown
Thank you for checking!
We've tried to run Spark in Studio One 3.3 and it does not kill the CPU like it does on your side.
Not sure what may be the issue... Are you running the 64 bit plugin in the Studio One? Just checking. I'm out of ideas for now
Yeah, definitely running 64 bit on my end. I did notice two other users in the KVR forum reported the same CPU issue, although I'm not sure what systems or DAWs they're using. Like I said before, U530 runs just fine and so do all my other amp sim/plugins. It's too bad cause I would absolutely buy this if I could get it to work on my system.
Old 24th December 2016
Gear Maniac

Yeah, I see.
Let's discuss on GAM, looks like there are also few people in the same thread discussing it.
Old 24th December 2016
Gear Maniac

I realized that we need more structured/detailed information about the problem you experience with Spark, people. Afterwards, we'll analyze it to understand what exactly is wrong and if it is the Spark's issue.

Kindly add these details (those who experience issues; if you care, you can post details even if Spark runs smoothly):

1. Your OS
2. CPU type and speed
3. Overall RAM size and Free RAM size before you open the DAW
4. CPU load before you open the DAW
5. Your sound interface name and buffer settings/sampling frequency you run it at
6. Are you on HDD or SSD
7. What programs do you run in the background? Maybe we could find some common program that behaves badly with Spark.
Like antivirus (which one), cloud storage software, messaging apps, etc.
8. CPU load and Memory performance when Spark is in use. Please check it from Task Manager (not sure how it is called on Mac), not the DAW performance display. Screenshots are appreciated
9. Exact description of the problem (please don't go with "same as others")
10. Other comments/observations you may have.
11. Anything else I forgot to ask =)

Thanks a lot! I am sure we'll identify the issue with your kind help!
Old 26th December 2016
Gear Maniac

We've analyzed the limited feedback where customers had complaints of Spark's poor performance.

We've noticed 4 main things:
1. Hyper-threading (if your CPU has it) must be enabled as well as all cores must be enabled on the processor. Spark relies on using all the CPU cores to spread out the load. If, for some reason, you turned off any of the available cores, please turn them on.
2. Your DAW should not run in a compatibility mode. We noticed a user was running Reaper in a Windows Vista compatibility mode and it drastically decreased Spark's performance.
3. Your DAW settings need to be configured to use all the CPU cores your machine has.
4. It looks like processors with 2 cores and 2 threads are having a hard time running Spark and there is no cure to this. I know it may sound harsh, but this is a sign of these processors getting old. They are not fast enough to seamlessly run Spark even at low settings. And yes, U530 does require less CPU than Spark.

With that said, potential things to try:
1. Hopefully, your OS is 64 bit (if not, disregard this point). If you are running your DAW and plugins at 32 bit, please try to run your DAW and Spark at 64 bits. There should be better performance.
2. Try different DAW and see if the result is different.

Apart from that, we do want to optimize Spark further.
Old 31st December 2016
Gear Maniac

Dear friends!

Mercuriall team sends you warm greetings and congratulates with the upcoming New Year! Let the 2017 bring you positive mood, creative energy and strong health!
With your support we are able to continue working on new Mercuriall products! Actually, we already have plans for the next plugin, which will hopefully bring a big smile on your face. Maybe even some tears of joy. Stay tuned for more!

On the New Year's eve please enjoy this powerful mix/cover made by NRQ's Studio.

PS. We still run the Holiday Sale until 3rd of Janury! You can get the U530 and Spark with a nice discount at www.mercuriall.com

Old 17th January 2017
Gear Maniac

Hi everyone!
We are happy to announce a new contest from Mercuriall Audio Software! By participating, you can win one of the three full versions of Spark!
https://mercuriall.com/cms/details_spark

Here's what needs to be done:
- Download the Demo version of Spark from our website: https://mercuriall.com/cms/details_spark
- Record and upload a video where you use the Demo version of Spark. It can be anything: a review, composition, playthrough, playing over a backing track, cover.
Exception: please don't send us reamped DIs found on the web.
- Send the link of your video to us via Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/MercuriallAudioSoftware), VK (http://vk.com/mercuriallaudiosoftware) or support at mercuriall.com.

Demo version introduces occasional silence - it is fine if your audio contains guitar dropouts!

Three winners, chosen by us, will each get the full version of Spark!
Please submit your entry before the end of January 31st (PST time). We will announce the winners on our Facebook page on February 3rd.

FREE stuff alert!
In the comments section of the FB post, tag a friend (or friends) who really wants to get Spark! Everyone who tags AND gets tagged (meaning, you and the people you tag here) will participate in a giveaway! The prize is a FREE full version of Spark.
The winner will be chosen by https://www.random.org/
Old 16th February 2017
Gear Maniac

Hi everyone! Some cool news about Spark and Valentine's Sale we are running!

We are pleased to announce the release of Spark 1.1! It is available for download at www.mercuriall.com.

Here is the changelog:*
- New stomp box based on BOSS® SD-1*
- New presets from Ola Englund**
- Improved plugin performance on Mac*
- Improved performance of Windows 32bit plugin*
- Improved AFD HI channel sound*
- Fixed some issues in Delay settings*
- Added "EQd cabs". These cabs have more even low end behavior.
*Unfortunately, presets are not available in the AAX version

And the Valentine's Sale details:

Spark - $99 (regular full price is $120)
U530 - $49.99*(regular full price is $59.99)

The offer is valid until 11:59pm PDT, February 19th, 2017 at www.mercuriall.com

And Ola's video for your to enjoy =)

Old 17th February 2017
Gear Maniac

Thank you for your positive feedback, sir!
Old 18th February 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Sergeant View Post
I have been demoing this and it's fantastic, definitely buying it today, IMO it's one of the best (Actually is the best) out there for Marshal sounds, I love it, one thing I do notice (which is the same with most amp sims) I get a preferred sound by using my own Impulse's, but even without that it sounds absolutely great, Mercurial just lifted the bar.
Same here. Will definitely buy this. It sounds amazing. Especially the AFD which is a very cool "modernized" version of the classic Marshall sound for super chunky and tight palm mutes just the way I like them. :-)
But I still like to use my 3SA impulses, too.

EDIT: I couldn't resist and just purchased it. :-) Now waiting for the purchase confirmation and account activation.

Last edited by GrabtharsHammer; 18th February 2017 at 02:46 PM..
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search