The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Townsend Labs Sphere - real 3D mic modelling - UAD, VST, AU, AAX Native
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Any first thoughts from the folks that have received their new mic?
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

I've moved on from my symphony to an apollo twin mkii with an octo satelite. I'm closely following the Townshend now that I have this as my front end and it may be my next pick up.
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Cool. I think I like the 251 the best. What are you using for pre amps? Thanks!
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

very exciting that people are finally getting their units.

Please someone export a short demo of a vocal take processed with all mic emulations.

Would love to hear it tracked without Apollo through something Neve style too!
Old 4 days ago
There's no need. If someone uploads the raw stereo file you can try it all in your own studio to hear what kind of transformation can be done (even far beyond the standard modeling). The plugin is free to download and use. ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEED78 View Post
very exciting that people are finally getting their units.

Please someone export a short demo of a vocal take processed with all mic emulations.

Would love to hear it tracked without Apollo through something Neve style too!
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Great - sooner someone does that for a decent vocal the better

And again, recordings with a variety of non Apollo hardware preamps would be interesting so people can get perspective on how it might work in their studio.

Also, say you track with something ultra clean like the preamps in a Halo Metric ULN2? How would you add colour after the Sphere plug if you have nothing by UA - am curious what results people are getting, and from what? Sorry for million questions, just curious about everything now people actually have units in their hands.

Are Townsend going to add any preamp emulations?
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowak View Post
Thrilled with my pair.

Here's a link to clip of my out of tune concert grand recorded with the Spheres. Have a nosey around my soundcloud, there are quite a few examples.

https://soundcloud.com/stefan-nowak/...ok-49-cardioid
I would have purchased two if I had the money, saving up for a second one now. The Piano demos are fantastic! The rest of your sound cloud stuff is awesome too. I just letting it play while I work.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thrilled with my pair.

Here's a link to clip of my out of tune concert grand recorded with the Spheres. Have a nosey around my soundcloud, there are quite a few examples.

Sounds promising.
Old 3 days ago
Quote:
Thrilled with my pair.

Hi Nowak - what mic pre's and or processing? Where were they located? Thx
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

On the first lot (with the pictures of the microphones horizontal over the strings) that was with a GML 8304.

The second lot, with the microphones angled vertically inside the crook, was with a Wunder PAFour.

Stef.
Old 3 days ago
Quote:
On the first lot (with the pictures of the microphones horizontal over the strings) that was with a GML 8304.

The second lot, with the microphones angled vertically inside the crook, was with a Wunder PAFour.

Stef.
Thx - My bad - did not notice the image.
Old 2 days ago
Gear Maniac

I would have thought there would be some reviews or thoughts by now? I hope I can get to demo this soon.
Loading mentioned products ...
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search