The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
LUX compressor
Old 13th February 2016
Old 13th February 2016
Lives for gear

This thing looks seeeeexy like helll

Any idea how much???
Old 14th February 2016
Here for the gear

I'm not sure what the final price will be. This is still in development and probably only a handful will be made. Sort of been set back as I'm moving to Seattle at the moment. The 19-09s are shipping again though. There are a handful of revision 1 units left and revision 2 is in development alongside the Lux.
Old 14th February 2016
Lives for gear

Please make a new thread when it's official...
Old 15th February 2016
Lives for gear

+1
Old 16th February 2016
Lives for gear
Cool...

I just emailed you about revision one but now I'm curious as to what changes or improvements will be implemented in revision 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternDynamo View Post
I'm not sure what the final price will be. This is still in development and probably only a handful will be made. Sort of been set back as I'm moving to Seattle at the moment. The 19-09s are shipping again though. There are a handful of revision 1 units left and revision 2 is in development alongside the Lux.
Old 17th February 2016
Lives for gear

Subscribed...
Old 4th March 2016
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Staxx View Post
I just emailed you about revision one but now I'm curious as to what changes or improvements will be implemented in revision 2?
Revision 2 is primarily DFM. Revision 1 was designed for very specific PCB mounted pots and switches which have now become almost completely unavailable in the marketplace. So I'm redoing the PCB layout and metalwork to accommodate panel mounted pots, which are more reliable and abundantly available. Additionally, the PCB mounted switches will be replaced with plunger activated relays. All of this adds flexibility to our supply chain, making it easier to manufacture the compressor in the future. But it also adds some cost, so I expect I'll have to charge a little more for it in the end.

I'll have updates soon.
Old 5th April 2016
Gear Nut

Hi all at Western Dynamo,

Sorry, I know this is the wrong thread...
I need my 1909 serviced and can't find you online..

The transformer seems to be half detached. When I plugged it in I was wondering why my unit sounded so different to the examples that made me buy it :D
Can you please let me know how and where to send it to.
Best regards,

Bourian
Old 3rd August 2016
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bourian View Post
Hi all at Western Dynamo,

Sorry, I know this is the wrong thread...
I need my 1909 serviced and can't find you online..

The transformer seems to be half detached. When I plugged it in I was wondering why my unit sounded so different to the examples that made me buy it :D
Can you please let me know how and where to send it to.
Best regards,

Bourian
Service for 1909 Opto Comps is free for life. Just contact me via my website Justin Morris, send it in and we'll fix it and send it right back.
Old 26th February 2018
Lives for gear

your website is down.
how do we get in touch, regarding technical support?
Old 11th September 2018
Lives for gear

has there ever been a picture of the mysterious Lux compressor? cant find one and the image in the second post is gone.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search