The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Pye Compressor...Reborn!!!!
Old 8th November 2015
Gear Maniac

Pye Compressor...Reborn!!!!

Hey,

Thought you guys might be interested to check out the new Pom "Pye" Compressor. This unit is the result of a collaboration between Pierre Oliver-Margerand at Pom Audio and George Apsion at Kore Recording Studios.

It is a recreation of the famed Pye hardware Compressor from the 60's, featuring some new enhancements for modern music production. These include:

- Adjustable Output control
- Side-chain filtering
- New controls for attack
- Stereo link facility

Kore is the first studio to own one of these compressors and we honestly cant say enough good things. The uniqueness of the Pulse Width Modulation circuit makes it unlike any other compressor we own. It is particularly stunning on the mix buss, with a gorgeous stereo image and also untouchable on drum rooms. Really a great all round compressor with an incredible lineage.

You can check out some audio of the unit in action here:

Kore Studios - Equipment

For further info please visit: POMPYE
Attached Thumbnails
Pye Compressor...Reborn!!!!-_x7a0170.jpg   Pye Compressor...Reborn!!!!-_x7a0131.jpg   Pye Compressor...Reborn!!!!-_x7a0178.jpg  
Old 8th November 2015
Gear Maniac

NICE! POM does amazing work!
Old 8th November 2015
Lives for gear

Which model is it modelled after?
Old 8th November 2015
Yeah it's amazing. I heard it side by side a vintage unit at his workshop and it was incredible. Looks beautiful too!
Old 8th November 2015
Steven Antoniazzi

Price?
Old 8th November 2015
POMPYE

Last edited by POM AUDIO DESIGN; 8th November 2015 at 07:49 PM.. Reason: Speling
Old 8th November 2015
Gear Maniac

Full pricing is available on his site http://www.pompye.com

Thanks for the kind words Paul. We spent a lot of time on the styling of the unit, along with its layout and functionality. Really pleased with how it's come out.
Old 8th November 2015
Lives for gear

Hardware Pompye compressor

Old 9th November 2015
Geariophile

Sex or what......
Old 9th November 2015
Lives for gear

Powered by spinach.
Old 9th November 2015
Lives for gear
how different must be from Lesso?
Old 9th November 2015
Lives for gear

Yummmmy now that looks seeeexy :-) Hope we get to hear some audio example before Jan 2016 :-)
Old 9th November 2015
Esso Station?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacnadon View Post
how different must be from Lesso?
"Must be from Lesso"?
No, it is from Surrey my Dear!
Old 9th November 2015
Tui
Gear Guru

This is one sexy piece of kit. Love the design.
Old 9th November 2015
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar View Post
Yummmmy now that looks seeeexy :-) Hope we get to hear some audio example before Jan 2016 :-)
You can hear an example of the unit on a drum loop here

Kore Studios - Equipment
Old 9th November 2015
bee
Lives for gear

Is there a dealer in the a USA or are the only being sold direct?
Old 9th November 2015
POMPYE distribution

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Is there a dealer in the a USA or are the only being sold direct?
I have a lot of pride in looking after my clients and whoever still believes in analogue equipment. That is the way I like to work and have always done for the past 25 years with everyone...
There is nothing like a direct sell between the designer and whoever buys the equipment,
and most of all, it favourises the sense of trust, responsibility and duty I should have towards my clients... I personally really enjoy the concept of developing mutual respect with my clients, because we are all great at what we do when we use the right tools.

I know this is a bit of a dinosaur theorie in this modern ages of plugin and mass production economy, but I shall stick with that philosophy for now if that's OK.
If anybody wants to place an order, just get in contact with me at pom@pomaudiodesign.com and I will personally look after you.

Many thanks.
Pom
Old 10th November 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kore View Post
You can hear an example of the unit on a drum loop here

Kore Studios - Equipment
Thanks @Kore, will check this out soon :-)
Old 12th November 2015
Any chance for a 500 series version?
Old 12th November 2015
500 Series PYE

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Mark View Post
Any chance for a 500 series version?
If you open a mono PYE compressor, you will find 3 big transformers, that's a total of 6 in my stereo version. I would probably need 4 or 5 unit space to do a stereo version... Plus, to my knowledge, there is no -24volts in the 500 format and I woundn't use any switch mode methods in a PYE for obvious reasons...
So, unless I get rid of all the good stuff that allows to make all the difference in audio, use cheap horrible nasty surface mount components like everybody else does, sell a "badge" to people that has actually nothing to do with the original, like the new Helios stuff for exemple, I cannot see it happen...
I would have to advertise that this is the cheap nasty version with no amazing stereo image, no transformers, and that it has nothing to do with the original...
How much are you prepared to pay for that version ?
£10 quid, £250, £500 or £1000 ?
Hum... I'll have to think about that one... I prefer to sell one proper unit per month, rather than 10 a week that are ****e in a 500 format, selling a big lie to my customers.
Have a nice day.
Old 13th November 2015
Lives for gear

Was thinking obsidian but hey this thing could be the one!
Old 13th November 2015
Didn't mean to offend by asking! I just usually ask because I like the compact factor a lot better.

I didn't know most units weren't remaining faithful to the tone of their rack brethren.
Old 21st November 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by POM AUDIO DESIGN View Post
I have a lot of pride in looking after my clients and whoever still believes in analogue equipment. That is the way I like to work and have always done for the past 25 years with everyone...
There is nothing like a direct sell between the designer and whoever buys the equipment,
and most of all, it favourises the sense of trust, responsibility and duty I should have towards my clients... I personally really enjoy the concept of developing mutual respect with my clients, because we are all great at what we do when we use the right tools.

I know this is a bit of a dinosaur theorie in this modern ages of plugin and mass production economy, but I shall stick with that philosophy for now if that's OK.
If anybody wants to place an order, just get in contact with me at pom@pomaudiodesign.com and I will personally look after you.

Many thanks.
Pom

And that GS members is the difference with Boutique Audio Design!
Great attitude and the product looks amazing!
Old 1st December 2015
The POM PYE compressor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 127Riot View Post
Price?
Hi,

I am basically offering about £300 off for any orders this month, and will revert back to my usual "on demand" custom made to order units in January, please check my website, I have added a lot more pages now, including technical specifications :
POMPYE
People are using it on every sessions @ Kore Studios it's a killer!
Old 2nd December 2015
POMPYE and designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Mark View Post
Didn't mean to offend by asking! I just usually ask because I like the compact factor a lot better.

I didn't know most units weren't remaining faithful to the tone of their rack brethren.
On this one, I did like on my FAIRCHILD 670 mkII, I used exactly the same ingredients, and even managed to get a stock of original input transformers with the lovely shinny lamination full of nickel, the result is outstanding, and the stereo image is unbelievable, nothing you could ever get with a computer emulation and good digital clocking...
I will work on a lot of new 500 format exciting units after Christmas, and will look into cooking a hybrid version at some point, but will only do if people show some real interest in it and show me the money too. I am happy to design anything, as long as there is an order at the end. Just let me know.

Happy Christmas!

Pom

Last edited by POM AUDIO DESIGN; 2nd December 2015 at 12:58 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 2nd December 2015
Pom audio design

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spigon View Post
NICE! POM does amazing work!
At your service, just let me know if you have any new design ideas.
Old 2nd December 2015
The POMPYE design

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karloff70 View Post
Sex or what......
George APSION from KORE triggered all this, we sat down and shared all our ideas about what a nice new PYE compressor unit should look like these days... All the front panel colours were George's idea, and we did the layout together, I feel we got something very special in the end... I like to do that, especially with people that are serious about getting something for real, not just talking and dreaming, that creative process is awesome...
Thanks for your kind words.

Pom

Last edited by POM AUDIO DESIGN; 2nd December 2015 at 12:52 AM.. Reason: Spellings
Old 2nd December 2015
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by POM AUDIO DESIGN View Post
At your service, just let me know if you have any new design ideas.
Any time. Getting the word out for amazing guys like you, Roger, and Jonte has always been a pleasure. Great response time, feedback, conversations, willingness to assist with new ideas and most of all honesty. I know myself I sometimes ask for things that are over the top and not needed. It is nice hear hear back from real pros like you all whom are not doing this just for the profit telling me what I asking for is dumb lol; in a much kinder way of course. It takes a truly honest person to turn down profit to make sure our experience is truly a satisfying one.
Old 2nd February 2016
bee
Lives for gear

Anyone get one yet? I'd love to hear some user feedback.
Old 8th February 2016
Stereo PYE Compressor : The POMPYE

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Anyone get one yet? I'd love to hear some user feedback.
Please contact George Apsion at Kore studio, he is like the Ambassador for the POMPYE product :

Kore Studios

The Product has been on many sessions since October 2015, there is already a big client list...

Best Regards,

POM
POM AUDIO DESIGN
FAIRCHILD 670 mkII
BOILERmkII
POMPYE
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search