The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Musikmesse 2015: UAD & Softube : Marshall-Plexi-Amp-Plug-In
Old 15th April 2015
News Desk Editor

Software Musikmesse 2015: UAD & Softube : Marshall-Plexi-Amp-Plug-In

Musikmesse 2015: UAD & Softube : Marshall-Plexi-Amp-Plug-In-unnamed-2.png

The 100-watt Marshall Super Lead Model 1959, commonly referred to as the “Plexi,” is one of the world’s most celebrated guitar amps. Softube worked with Marshall and recording engineer Tony Platt (AC/DC’s Highway to Hell and Back in Black) to craft a stunningly faithful emulation of Marshall’s own reference Super Lead Model 1959 amp, built in 1967 and captured using an era-correct 1960BHW speaker cabinet in Kore Studios, London.

Now users of Universal Audio’s Apollo audio interfaces can get the dead-on Marshall Super Lead tone as they record in real time, while users of UAD-2 hardware can re-amp previously recorded tracks through this amazingly accurate plug-in.

Marshall Plexi Key Features:
  • Faithful emulation of Marshall’s own reference Super Lead Model 1959 amp, built in 1967 with an era-correct 1960BHW speaker cabinet
  • Perfect for mixing and reamping with UAD-2 hardware, or tracking in real time with Apollo audio interfaces
  • Microphone selections and placements by Tony Platt (AC/DC), captured in Kore Studios, London
  • 3 different microphone combinations available — FET, Valve, and Dynamic — with three separate mics per setting
  • Channel strip includes pans and volume faders for each mic, plus two band EQ
  • Developed by Softube, available in May for $199 in the UA Online Store

Marshall "Plexi" Super Lead Plug-In — $199

Learn more about award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins: UAD Powered Plug-Ins Platform | Digital Audio Products and Plug-Ins | Universal Audio
Attached Thumbnails
Musikmesse 2015: UAD & Softube : Marshall-Plexi-Amp-Plug-In-unnamed-2.png  
Old 15th April 2015
Old 15th April 2015
video ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxLQf0881bo#t=154

so a new version of uad2 in may, hoping more new plugins ...

more on the softube site : Softube - Marshall Plexi Super Lead 1959

Last edited by The Press Desk; 15th April 2015 at 06:12 PM..
Old 15th April 2015
I'm just a PC user having buy an octo pcie one week ago ... so apollo means something like "NOTHING" to me ;-)
Old 16th April 2015
I am really wishing UA would code an amp sim themselves. So far, while I'm interested in this, Softube doesn't rank up there with Amp sims in my book. Of course their other offerings are dated.

I'm just baffled that there's nothing available in the DAW that's in the realm of the Kemper's quality yet. Certainly the processing power is there.
Old 16th April 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Category 5 View Post
I am really wishing UA would code an amp sim themselves. So far, while I'm interested in this, Softube doesn't rank up there with Amp sims in my book. Of course their other offerings are dated.

I'm just baffled that there's nothing available in the DAW that's in the realm of the Kemper's quality yet. Certainly the processing power is there.
I'd say let's wait for it to be released before judging.

I'm sure they stepped up the quality with that one. They better have...
Old 6th May 2015
News Desk Editor

Software Universal Audio releases Marshall Plexi Super Lead 1959 Plug-In

Quote:
Universal Audio releases Marshall Plexi Super Lead 1959 Plug-In - Gearslutz.com

The undisputed alpha dog of rock and roll guitar amps, the Marshall 1959 Super Lead amplifier is as legendary as the music it helped create. From Jimi
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search