The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Universal Audio Announces UAFX Pedals
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by zohomoho ➡️
Dang, gearslutz is a whiner's paradise.
Absolutely - I love my whine with a generous slice of cheese too!

Apple Mac: from Power PC > Intel > Silicon. In its pursuit of market dominance and innovation.

Innovation is the creation, development and implementation of a new product, process or service, with the aim of improving efficiency, effectiveness or competitive advantage.”

Not a top priority for UA.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseflaw ➡️
I have to admire the company for not really listening to it's customers. Well, they are listening - maybe just not hearing?

Same as another company that follows the same pattern, Avid.
They became greedy, without listening to their user base, no innovation, their product development is ridiculously slow, cash grabbing methods disguised as "annual update and support plan" and so on... one of the lamest for sure.

Maybe when companies get established, turn to that kind of corporate entities. Hope UA won't walk that path...

Cheers!

p.s. Sorry for the OT.
Here for the gear

Quote:
Dang, gearslutz is a whiner's paradise.
I really hate when the conversation starts to deviate towards this. Folks with with legitimate criticisms are not whiners. This is after all a public forum and users are free to share their opinions about a publicly released product.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Do they ever get anything done?
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Do they ever get anything done?
Universal Audio? - innovation wise... nah not enough.

Usual "renowned for imparting the same rich vintage warmth of the analog hardware they emulate" marketing hot air as all the others though - I'll give them that.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Universal Audio ➡️
If you have a support ticket # in mind, please post it, I'm happy to take a look at it for you.
I'll put in a ticket for a few things I desperately need you guys to do (that I've been waiting well over a decade for). I'm not trying to be snide here, I just feel like that's going to be the equivalent of yelling at the wall. I appreciate you coming on the forums like you do, I just feel like it's a lot of simple stuff people have been voicing on forums for a while. If some of those simple requests aren't being addressed on the forums, I don't have a lot of faith I'm going to get a meaningful response via a ticket to ask for something like normal routing options in the console app. I've tried my best to be a good sport about Luna and give it a fair shot, but it's just not there yet. It literally took me over 20 minutes to bounce a stem out of Luna yesterday. As much as I would like to try and incorporate it into the workflow, I don't have that kind of time right now.

-EDIT-

(Support ticket #519565 , thank you.)

Last edited by andersmv; 1 week ago at 05:45 PM..
Universal Audio

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by andersmv ➡️
I'll put in a ticket for a few things I desperately need you guys to do (that I've been waiting well over a decade for). I'm not trying to be snide here, I just feel like that's going to be the equivalent of yelling at the wall. I appreciate you coming on the forums like you do, I just feel like it's a lot of simple stuff people have been voicing on forums for a while. If some of those simple requests aren't being addressed on the forums, I don't have a lot of faith I'm going to get a meaningful response via a ticket to ask for something like normal routing options in the console app. I've tried my best to be a good sport about Luna and give it a fair shot, but it's just not there yet. It literally took me over 20 minutes to bounce a stem out of Luna yesterday. As much as I would like to try and incorporate it into the workflow, I don't have that kind of time right now.

-EDIT-

(Support ticket #519565 , thank you.)
Thanks for the detailed ticket submission. Of course simple is a relative term.

And thanks for giving LUNA a spin. It's super young, but off to a great start. Be sure to check back periodically.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseflaw ➡️
Universal Audio? - innovation wise... nah not enough.

Usual "renowned for imparting the same rich vintage warmth of the analog hardware they emulate" marketing hot air as all the others though - I'll give them that.
If people have a genuine grievance maybe get in touch with UA support. I never had any problem with them and always got the problem solved eventually. By "whiners" I was referring to the pages of nitpickers who just didn't approve of uad's big reveal. What were they expecting, Luna for Windows? Ha.
Lives for gear

Quote:
If people have a genuine grievance ...
What were they expecting, Luna for Windows? Ha.
Not expecting, sadly ... but along with deep disappointment there's just a faint tinge of hope still ...
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
If you have a support ticket # in mind, please post it, I'm happy to take a look at it for you.
That's an odd response. Why would there be a support ticket attached to the public's concerns and frustrations over price vs. features? Would UA prefer that we file support tickets re: our opinions?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

And I STILL ordered 2 CXM 1978. Now THAT is some innovation for your ASS!
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo ➡️
That's an odd response. Why would there be a support ticket attached to the public's concerns and frustrations over price vs. features? Would UA prefer that we file support tickets re: our opinions?

Because it is easy manageable! You'll receive a polite reply, to assure you that they taking customer considerations very serious for the future and be done with it!!

Public concerns and frustrations can harm a company's marketing strategy and image. That hurts them and is not so manageable as they like it to be. The less negative criticism is out there, the best. In some companies, in their products pages, negative reviews or complains get wiped out on the fly, so only positive reviews stay, to hype the products....or maybe users change their minds and remove the negative comments by their own will!

Companies in general, want consumers to.......consume their product(s) without hassles, just pay for it, use it as you like, be happy with it (and STFU). You know...capitalism.

Cheers!
Old 5 days ago | Show parent
Universal Audio

🎧 15 years
New one with Josh Smith
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOexXk3zsKU
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Good video.
I'm still unclear on whether or not the mix goes 100% wet, or if there is a kill dry setting?
I'd like to use the plate on a send for vocals.
Thanks.
Old 5 days ago | Show parent
Universal Audio

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljefe ➡️
Good video.
I'm still unclear on whether or not the mix goes 100% wet, or if there is a kill dry setting?
I'd like to use the plate on a send for vocals.
Thanks.
Yes, Golden and Starlight have dry kill.
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Hi Guys, does anyone know what is the release date for those pedals?
Thx,
Mordi, The Autistic Guitarist
Old 4 days ago | Show parent
Universal Audio

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Autistic GTR ➡️
Hi Guys, does anyone know what is the release date for those pedals?
Thx,
Mordi, The Autistic Guitarist
Officially we're saying Spring 2021, but we're shooting for early Spring.
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Thanks for the detailed ticket submission. Of course simple is a relative term.

And thanks for giving LUNA a spin. It's super young, but off to a great start. Be sure to check back periodically.
one of the best implementations that could be a great source of gain and would allow many to use Luna immediately would be to be able to use Luna as an adder mixer by hooking it to the daw we already use ... in this immediately people would use Luna and you would have the time slowly to make all the improvements of the environment and then turn it into a real daw ... at that point we users will decide to use only Luna .... loading the stems in the current way stops the work, it's slow it's not the right mode ..... it would be nice to be able to route the various outputs of the daw (currently main Logic, Live, Protools, Cubase, Studio One etc etc) directly on the Luna channels
Universal Audio

🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOUSEGLUE ➡️
one of the best implementations that could be a great source of gain and would allow many to use Luna immediately would be to be able to use Luna as an adder mixer by hooking it to the daw we already use ... in this immediately people would use Luna and you would have the time slowly to make all the improvements of the environment and then turn it into a real daw ... at that point we users will decide to use only Luna .... loading the stems in the current way stops the work, it's slow it's not the right mode ..... it would be nice to be able to route the various outputs of the daw (currently main Logic, Live, Protools, Cubase, Studio One etc etc) directly on the Luna channels
You can do this currently with Virtual Channels but it's not a great/integrated workflow.

LUNA is meant to be used stand alone.
Old 3 days ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

Fantastic!
Old 4 hours ago
Here for the gear

Hello everybody! Anyone can tell me about Universal Audio UAFX Starlight Echo Station Stereo Delay, in Division mode is it possible to switch 1/4 t ?
Old 2 hours ago | Show parent
Universal Audio

🎧 15 years
The Division knob has 6 settings, the last 2 of which are ping pongs.

1/4, 1/8D, 1/8, 1/8T, 1/4+1/8D and 1/4+1/8.
Old 1 hour ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

Hope in future you add 1/4 t, maybe with new update.
At all pedal nice sounds, compact and main is stereo.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…