Universal Audio Announces UAFX Pedals - Page 9 - Gearslutz
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Universal Audio Announces UAFX Pedals
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #241
Lives for gear
 
noiseflaw's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by zohomoho ➡️
Dang, gearslutz is a whiner's paradise.
Absolutely - I love my whine with a generous slice of cheese too!

Apple Mac: from Power PC > Intel > Silicon. In its pursuit of market dominance and innovation.

Innovation is the creation, development and implementation of a new product, process or service, with the aim of improving efficiency, effectiveness or competitive advantage.”

Not a top priority for UA.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #242
Lives for gear
 
Aziak's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseflaw ➡️
I have to admire the company for not really listening to it's customers. Well, they are listening - maybe just not hearing?

Same as another company that follows the same pattern, Avid.
They became greedy, without listening to their user base, no innovation, their product development is ridiculously slow, cash grabbing methods disguised as "annual update and support plan" and so on... one of the lamest for sure.

Maybe when companies get established, turn to that kind of corporate entities. Hope UA won't walk that path...

Cheers!



p.s. Sorry for the OT.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #243
Here for the gear
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zohomoho ➡️
Dang, gearslutz is a whiner's paradise.
I really hate when the conversation starts to deviate towards this. Folks with with legitimate criticisms are not whiners. This is after all a public forum and users are free to share their opinions about a publicly released product.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #244
Lives for gear
 
zohomoho's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Do they ever get anything done?
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #245
Lives for gear
 
noiseflaw's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by zohomoho ➡️
Do they ever get anything done?
Universal Audio? - innovation wise... nah not enough.

Usual "renowned for imparting the same rich vintage warmth of the analog hardware they emulate" marketing hot air as all the others though - I'll give them that.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #246
Lives for gear
 
andersmv's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Universal Audio ➡️
If you have a support ticket # in mind, please post it, I'm happy to take a look at it for you.
I'll put in a ticket for a few things I desperately need you guys to do (that I've been waiting well over a decade for). I'm not trying to be snide here, I just feel like that's going to be the equivalent of yelling at the wall. I appreciate you coming on the forums like you do, I just feel like it's a lot of simple stuff people have been voicing on forums for a while. If some of those simple requests aren't being addressed on the forums, I don't have a lot of faith I'm going to get a meaningful response via a ticket to ask for something like normal routing options in the console app. I've tried my best to be a good sport about Luna and give it a fair shot, but it's just not there yet. It literally took me over 20 minutes to bounce a stem out of Luna yesterday. As much as I would like to try and incorporate it into the workflow, I don't have that kind of time right now.




-EDIT-

(Support ticket #519565 , thank you.)

Last edited by andersmv; 1 week ago at 05:45 PM..
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #247
Universal Audio
 
Universal Audio's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by andersmv ➡️
I'll put in a ticket for a few things I desperately need you guys to do (that I've been waiting well over a decade for). I'm not trying to be snide here, I just feel like that's going to be the equivalent of yelling at the wall. I appreciate you coming on the forums like you do, I just feel like it's a lot of simple stuff people have been voicing on forums for a while. If some of those simple requests aren't being addressed on the forums, I don't have a lot of faith I'm going to get a meaningful response via a ticket to ask for something like normal routing options in the console app. I've tried my best to be a good sport about Luna and give it a fair shot, but it's just not there yet. It literally took me over 20 minutes to bounce a stem out of Luna yesterday. As much as I would like to try and incorporate it into the workflow, I don't have that kind of time right now.




-EDIT-

(Support ticket #519565 , thank you.)
Thanks for the detailed ticket submission. Of course simple is a relative term.

And thanks for giving LUNA a spin. It's super young, but off to a great start. Be sure to check back periodically.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #248
Lives for gear
 
zohomoho's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseflaw ➡️
Universal Audio? - innovation wise... nah not enough.

Usual "renowned for imparting the same rich vintage warmth of the analog hardware they emulate" marketing hot air as all the others though - I'll give them that.
If people have a genuine grievance maybe get in touch with UA support. I never had any problem with them and always got the problem solved eventually. By "whiners" I was referring to the pages of nitpickers who just didn't approve of uad's big reveal. What were they expecting, Luna for Windows? Ha.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #249
Lives for gear
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zohomoho ➡️
If people have a genuine grievance ...
What were they expecting, Luna for Windows? Ha.
Not expecting, sadly ... but along with deep disappointment there's just a faint tinge of hope still ...
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #250
Gear Guru
 
elambo's Avatar
 
1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Universal Audio ➡️
If you have a support ticket # in mind, please post it, I'm happy to take a look at it for you.
That's an odd response. Why would there be a support ticket attached to the public's concerns and frustrations over price vs. features? Would UA prefer that we file support tickets re: our opinions?
Old 1 week ago
  #251
Lives for gear
 
Patrick_'s Avatar
And I STILL ordered 2 CXM 1978. Now THAT is some innovation for your ASS!
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #252
Lives for gear
 
Aziak's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo ➡️
That's an odd response. Why would there be a support ticket attached to the public's concerns and frustrations over price vs. features? Would UA prefer that we file support tickets re: our opinions?

Because it is easy manageable! You'll receive a polite reply, to assure you that they taking customer considerations very serious for the future and be done with it!!

Public concerns and frustrations can harm a company's marketing strategy and image. That hurts them and is not so manageable as they like it to be. The less negative criticism is out there, the best. In some companies, in their products pages, negative reviews or complains get wiped out on the fly, so only positive reviews stay, to hype the products....or maybe users change their minds and remove the negative comments by their own will!

Companies in general, want consumers to.......consume their product(s) without hassles, just pay for it, use it as you like, be happy with it (and STFU). You know...capitalism.


Cheers!
Old 5 days ago | Show parent
  #253
Universal Audio
 
Universal Audio's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
New one with Josh Smith
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOexXk3zsKU
Old 5 days ago
  #254
Lives for gear
 
🎧 10 years
Good video.
I'm still unclear on whether or not the mix goes 100% wet, or if there is a kill dry setting?
I'd like to use the plate on a send for vocals.
Thanks.
Old 5 days ago | Show parent
  #255
Universal Audio
 
Universal Audio's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljefe ➡️
Good video.
I'm still unclear on whether or not the mix goes 100% wet, or if there is a kill dry setting?
I'd like to use the plate on a send for vocals.
Thanks.
Yes, Golden and Starlight have dry kill.
Old 4 days ago
  #256
Here for the gear
 
Hi Guys, does anyone know what is the release date for those pedals?
Thx,
Mordi, The Autistic Guitarist
Old 4 days ago | Show parent
  #257
Universal Audio
 
Universal Audio's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Autistic GTR ➡️
Hi Guys, does anyone know what is the release date for those pedals?
Thx,
Mordi, The Autistic Guitarist
Officially we're saying Spring 2021, but we're shooting for early Spring.
Old 4 days ago | Show parent
  #258
Gear Nut
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Universal Audio ➡️
Thanks for the detailed ticket submission. Of course simple is a relative term.

And thanks for giving LUNA a spin. It's super young, but off to a great start. Be sure to check back periodically.
one of the best implementations that could be a great source of gain and would allow many to use Luna immediately would be to be able to use Luna as an adder mixer by hooking it to the daw we already use ... in this immediately people would use Luna and you would have the time slowly to make all the improvements of the environment and then turn it into a real daw ... at that point we users will decide to use only Luna .... loading the stems in the current way stops the work, it's slow it's not the right mode ..... it would be nice to be able to route the various outputs of the daw (currently main Logic, Live, Protools, Cubase, Studio One etc etc) directly on the Luna channels
Old 4 days ago | Show parent
  #259
Universal Audio
 
Universal Audio's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOUSEGLUE ➡️
one of the best implementations that could be a great source of gain and would allow many to use Luna immediately would be to be able to use Luna as an adder mixer by hooking it to the daw we already use ... in this immediately people would use Luna and you would have the time slowly to make all the improvements of the environment and then turn it into a real daw ... at that point we users will decide to use only Luna .... loading the stems in the current way stops the work, it's slow it's not the right mode ..... it would be nice to be able to route the various outputs of the daw (currently main Logic, Live, Protools, Cubase, Studio One etc etc) directly on the Luna channels
You can do this currently with Virtual Channels but it's not a great/integrated workflow.

LUNA is meant to be used stand alone.
Old 3 days ago | Show parent
  #260
Here for the gear
 
Fantastic!
Old 4 hours ago
  #261
Here for the gear
 
Hello everybody! Anyone can tell me about Universal Audio UAFX Starlight Echo Station Stereo Delay, in Division mode is it possible to switch 1/4 t ?
Old 2 hours ago | Show parent
  #262
Universal Audio
 
Universal Audio's Avatar
 
🎧 15 years
The Division knob has 6 settings, the last 2 of which are ping pongs.

1/4, 1/8D, 1/8, 1/8T, 1/4+1/8D and 1/4+1/8.
Old 1 hour ago | Show parent
  #263
Here for the gear
 
Hope in future you add 1/4 t, maybe with new update.
At all pedal nice sounds, compact and main is stereo.
📝 Reply
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…

Forum Jump
Forum Jump