Waves releases CLA EchoSphere: FREE to download - Page 3 - Gearslutz
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Waves releases CLA EchoSphere: FREE to download
Old 30th November 2020 | Show parent
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap217 View Post
I get that. What I meant was its not 4 separate delays and 4 separate verbs that you can feed and play with. Its 1 plug in on 1 bus. Thats whats strange to me here.

Vox - Feed to 1 bus
Guitars - Feed to 2 bus
Drums - Feed to 3 bus

So now you really have like 200 combinations to use. Vs creating 4 verb bus and 4 delay bus channels and feeding them as you want. I understand the concept but its still not like routing hardware through a console. They tried and I appreciate that. But I feel like all these options, per source, will lead to messy mixes.

A user would have to setup 3 bus channels and use the same settings on each plug in then feed them as needed to be "accurate". If not its like having 1 DRE per source and setting it differently. Defeats the purpose.
Exactly, I can see this as my Aux Sends.

Vox - CLA Echosphere for the 480 and Slap blend
Depth Bus - CLA Epic for longer delays and some reverbs (not 480 Plate). This can be used for anything (except drums/percussion) including adding to the Vox.
Drums-CLA Epic mixing the 3 last reverbs

Instant buy for me. Hopefully the CPU is kinda low like Echosphere. Going to give it a spin later today. But one plug could potentially could be used for all of my typical effects in a mix session. Its nice seeing Waves put this into a plug. I have a rack of effects from my OTB days (a pair of PCM42s, a pair of PCM70, and a pair of Yamaha SPX90) that i would use in this manner. Nice to have the sounds of my Lexicon and Yamaha hardware (and a few other flavors) ITB.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niowiad View Post
My same first thought, it can't be considered an actual replacement of your existing fx return template without 8 separate stereo inputs (and actually, also without separate stereo outputs in case you want to put something like an eq on a specific channel).

With that said, at $29 it still was an instabuy for me.
Regardless of how deep they might have gone into the emulation or simply recycled their algorithms, I absolutely love the very well laid out controls and the immediacy of having multiple layers on a single plugin/interface.
At zero latency (up to 48 kHz) I see myself using it a lot in the sketching/pruduction phase, and eventually keeping it in at the mixing phase on some tracks/groups.

Basically, I'm seeing this as a very cool multi-layer reverb plugin, more than the "do it like CLA" mixing solution it's being mainly marketed as.
Agree but I feel like its just rverb settings. If I were convinced differently, its a no brainer.
Yeah this is probably the best way to work this
Old 1st December 2020
Gear Head
Do you guys know if there's a workaround to make this plug in to work on windows 8?
Old 1st December 2020
Gear Maniac

Is this no longer free? Or do you just install it from Waves Central even though it doesn't show a license?
Old 1st December 2020
Lives for gear

I reluctantly bought epic. I really like a couple things it offers so I figured I’d just get it. The offset delay being the biggest thing.
Old 1st December 2020 | Show parent
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by LASTLAVGH View Post
Is this no longer free? Or do you just install it from Waves Central even though it doesn't show a license?
Looks like it's no longer free. The product page now says "Included in CLA Epic and other select bundles" with Mercury being the "cheapest" of those bundles. I guess you had to sign-up to their email list ahead of Black Friday to get it.
Gear Maniac

Snooze ya lose I guess, lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LASTLAVGH View Post
Snooze ya lose I guess, lol.
Seems like a bait and switch for the full product - if its free 4 days ago, it should be free now....
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardtoe View Post
Seems like a bait and switch for the full product - if its free 4 days ago, it should be free now....
No!

No soup for you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Quinn View Post
No!

No soup for you!
its ok - waves is mostly MEH anyway - I have the Relab 480.....
Old 2nd December 2020
Gear Nut

Watch the video, see how he likes to use reverb, have a go yourself...but you're going to want to use your favourite reverbs aren't you and echo is echo. One thing I couldn't get the free one to do was echo the reverb while retaining the echo. All or nothing there, I don't know if there's a way of using the full one for this, but I'm back to an echo bus with a reverb send for that...if I wanted to do that. The plate is quite nice, the echo is also, interface is easy, seems more use as one or the other - echo or reverb. Have I missed something?
Old 2nd December 2020
Gear Head
I guess that's the reality of plugins. You need to keep spending a lot of money on system and DAW upgrades to keep up with the latest plugin versions. That's why I mostly rely on hardware. Hardware does not care if you are running tape ADATS or a DAW and always works. The good thing is to be able to see how CLA works with FXs.
Old 2nd December 2020 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyneRyder View Post
Looks like it's no longer free. The product page now says "Included in CLA Epic and other select bundles" with Mercury being the "cheapest" of those bundles. I guess you had to sign-up to their email list ahead of Black Friday to get it.
From my understanding it looks like it comes with Epic when you buy that now. The product page for Epic it says "Includes CLA EchoSphere". So I think you get both when you buy Epic.
Old 4th December 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inge View Post
Downloaded it but don't work on my system. To unfortunate that this waves's v12 isn't compatible with win7.
Yes, it´s a pity Waves does not support Win7 anymore.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Baron View Post
Yes, it´s a pity Waves does not support Win7 anymore.
Microsoft doesn't even support Win 7 anymore, why should anybody else?

Support for Windows 7 has ended
After 10 years, support for Windows 7 ended on January 14, 2020. We know change can be difficult, so we are here to help you with recommendations for what to do next and to answer questions about end of support.
Lives for gear

Quote:
It was free for 24 hours I believe.

I like when companies offer a limited time promo and they actually stick to their word and do not extend the offer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBX-80 View Post
It was free for 24 hours I believe.

I like when companies offer a limited time promo and they actually stick to their word and do not extend the offer.
sure but that should be clear in the thread title / it’s still says it’s free, so it’s a classic bait and switch

There was also some new unwelcome advertising for the full version popping up over the thread as I write this.....lame GS
Lives for gear

Quote:
sure but that should be clear in the thread title / it’s still says it’s free, so it’s a classic bait and switch

There was also some new unwelcome advertising for the full version popping up over the thread as I write this.....lame GS
The thread title doesn't really count as that could be written by whoever.

In the email I got from Waves a while back, it clearly said Free - Black Friday Only.
Old 4th December 2020
Well thats how I was alerted, so it was a bait and with to me and other gearslutz forum members who don't get the direct emails from Waves - given the strict rules on this forum for advertisers / gear sellers, I'm surprised this is allowed.....YMMV
Old 5th December 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

You guys are crybabies

If you signed up for the list, click the link in your email.

This will take you to Waves and authorize the software, then you can install from Waves Central.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear