The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Korneff Amplified Instrument Processor
Old 27th November 2020
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Korneff Amplified Instrument Processor

Korneff Audio - Amplified Instrument Processor

A monster of a channel strip you’ll use everywhere.
The Amplified Instrument Processor is a complete suite of tools designed to help you sculpt the ultimate guitar, bass or keyboard tone.

But the AIP much more than that.

Its power and versatility make it an excellent processor for virtually any audio task. The AIP can work wonders on vocals, acoustic instruments, pianos, group buses and even across the whole mix.

https://korneffaudio.com/product/amp...ent-processor/
Old 27th November 2020
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
I downloaded the demo and only lasted 3 minutes before I went back and purchased. This thing is an easy open, not child proofed, can of mojo.
Old 27th November 2020
Lives for gear

I was camped on the Korneff page at 11:50 and anxiously refreshing until this dropped. I absolutely love Pawn Shop and Talkback.

Unsurprisingly this is really really good. I’m going to flex it a bunch more today.

I feel like each section/feature could be their own plugin it’s that good.
Old 27th November 2020 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Same story!
Old 27th November 2020
Gear Addict
This thing is insane!!!
Dripping of vibe and character. Every module sounds great and is useful in its specific use case.

Makes mixing sooooooo fun.

Also it is light on cpu and zero latency. (Not sure about the OS thou)

Its magic!!!
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuulart View Post
This thing is insane!!!
Dripping of vibe and character. Every module sounds great and is useful in its specific use case.

Makes mixing sooooooo fun.

Also it is light on cpu and zero latency. (Not sure about the OS thou)

Its magic!!!
The OS seemed to double my CPU usage. Which would make sense.

I haven’t looked at the manual yet, but I’d love to have offline OS or at the very least OS activation grouping. Maybe it has one or the other.

Going to play with it a bunch more this morning. I want to see what this widening can do.
Old 27th November 2020
Lives for gear

Following. My current ITB guitar chain gets me where I want to go...but AIP appears to cover 90% of what signal chain is doing within a single plug! Will demo asap.
Old 27th November 2020
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Been very impressed with the Korneff plugins so far. Purchased and downloaded, will give it a spin on guitar bus later today!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManMulcahy View Post
Been very impressed with the Korneff plugins so far. Purchased and downloaded, will give it a spin on guitar bus later today!
Cool. Let us know how it sounds.
Old 27th November 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Great idea
Old 27th November 2020
Gear Head

Anything in particular that would hold AIP back when being used as a general purpose channelstrip??
Old 27th November 2020
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Hey Guys! Thanks for making a thread!

We just dropped the Amplified Instrument Processor
Introductory price of $99.99.
https://korneffaudio.com/product/amp...ent-processor/
We understand that times are tough and there are a ton of awesome plugins you wanna pick up this weekend, so we're keeping this sale going till December 31st 11:59pm EST

So, what is this thing? It isn't a guitar amp. This is the ultimate mixing tool containing all the processors you need for guitars. Its power and versatility make it an excellent processor for virtually any audio task. The AIP can work wonders on vocals, acoustic instruments, pianos, group buses and even across the whole mix.
The prototype version was used in my MixCon video from last year if you're familiar with that.
The AIP has:
- First Order filters
- 4-Band Parametric EQ (with selectable Modern + Vintage curves)
- Analog Channel Variance (simulates channel-to-channel variances in analog gear)
- K.A. Proprietary Signal Processing (overall tone shape with 3 selectable flavors)
- VCA Compressor (with fun tweaks on the back)
- Stereo Widener with Goniometer
- Insufferable Midrange Filter (easily get rid of that annoying 4k whistle or harsh cymbals)
- Frequency Dependant Gain Reduction (Tame those beefy chugs)

It's also the first plugin to contain the new Utility bar at the bottom.
Utility bar has:
- Preset Browser with next/previous toggle + Preset Save function
- I/O trim and meters
- Tooltips
- Manual
- A/B compare
- Undo/Redo

Give the demo a spin and let me know what you think!
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by stsieq View Post
Anything in particular that would hold AIP back when being used as a general purpose channelstrip??
It's really fun on everything. The only thing I can think of thats missing compared to a general purpose channel strip would be a phase reverse button. I'd love to hear what everyone else thinks.
Old 27th November 2020
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Hi Dan,

I haven't had a chance to play with this yet - but a quick question:

Quote:
- Analog Channel Variance (simulates channel-to-channel variances in analog gear)
does this only work for the EQ section? ie if the EQ sections are disabled - will I get the channel variance on my outputs?

If the answer is yes - I guess you could just enable one of the EQ bands - and set it for 0db - then have some channel variance?

I'm looking forward to digging in to this
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
The ACV is only in the EQ section. There's a VCA Symmetry trimmer that does something similar on the compressor as well.
Can't wait to hear your thoughts!
Old 27th November 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Any news on fixing the oversampling on Talkback limiter?

Will test the demo of this new gem! Looks like it has an amazing feature set!
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Yup! I have updates for the PSC and TBL getting ready soon. That will include a bunch of fixes (including OS) and adding the new Utility Bar as a standard feature.
Old 27th November 2020
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
I was quickly able to sub the AIP in for a hybrid guitar bus chain that I was using with a ProQ 3, two Heritage 73’s and the Abbey Road saturator. These are distorted guitars that were pretty harsh so I was going overboard to smooth them out. Still using the Sunset Sound reverb on both options but I’m leaning toward the AIP. The Korneff eq is very useful...I am mostly doing cuts but you can really manipulate the midrange in a way that seems easier and more effective than others I’ve tried. I haven’t gotten gotten a feel for the compressor yet but I’ll be spending more time with this tonight. So far I’m really enjoying this plugin...makes me think my analog stuff isn’t all that magical.
Old 27th November 2020
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Korneff View Post
The ACV is only in the EQ section. There's a VCA Symmetry trimmer that does something similar on the compressor as well.
Can't wait to hear your thoughts!
OK, well I'll just enable a eq band (if I'm not actually using any) and leave the gain at 0 - that should send audio through it and use the ACV
Old 28th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by stsieq View Post
Nah. I could and likely will use this everywhere. I anticipate the day Korneff replaces all of my plugins. PSC 2 is on every damn bus.

There are a few small features I’d love to see added to AIP but I don’t want to be that guy right now. It’s perfect; anything I’d want is just based in my own laze or comfort zones.

Side note: Dan, do you ship merch to Canada? I need a toque.
Old 28th November 2020
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
This plugin looks like a blast. I don't feel like I've completely locked in my "big electric guitar" toolkit, so perhaps this will be a step in the right direction.

Quick question: Is there any shared DNA between the Stereo Width control and that Hughes SRS unit that some folks like?
Old 28th November 2020
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
This replaces pretty much my entire long-assed guitar signal chain. You might have just went and done it you crazy sonofabitch!
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateHawkins View Post
There are a few small features I’d love to see added to AIP but I don’t want to be that guy right now.
I'd love to hear some feedback! Send an email to support (a) korneffaudio.com
It's been in my personal toolbox for over a year now, and I love it. It's always interesting to see how other people use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateHawkins View Post
do you ship merch to Canada? I need a toque.
I sure do!
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by schleppermint View Post
Quick question: Is there any shared DNA between the Stereo Width control and that Hughes SRS unit that some folks like?
Nope. I've never seen one of those before. I'm interested to check it out now
Old 28th November 2020
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Nope. I've never seen one of those before. I'm interested to check it out now
Thank you for responding! I ask because you alluded to something like the SRS during your SonicScoop talk. Maybe I'm out to lunch here. Heck, I've never even seen one in person. Just reading internet whispers like everybody else!

Last edited by schleppermint; 28th November 2020 at 05:47 AM.. Reason: sentence structure
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
ahh! That's the SRS Labs Wow! Thing.
Old 29th November 2020 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
ahh! That's the SRS Labs Wow! Thing.
I was SO close. Thank you for clearing that up for me. A little off-topic, but do you still feel as strongly about it as you did in that video?

Getting back to the plugin- I love the Insufferable Midrange Filter and the Proprietary Signal Processing. They're sort of a great narrow/broad pairing of signal processing. It's amazing the way you can seat a sound with those two sections.
Old 29th November 2020
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
Could the VCA Compressor do Parallel (Mix) stuff ?
Very good sounding channel strip.
Old 30th November 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Wow. This thing sounds cool.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear