Acustica intros ‘Gainstation’ plugin duo for ultimate distortion feat. Mike Dean and Studio DMI - Page 10 - Gearslutz
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Acustica intros ‘Gainstation’ plugin duo for ultimate distortion feat. Mike Dean and Studio DMI
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Thank you.
Best regards and much health!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Aquarius saves presets but doesn’t tell you which ones you used. That’s a pain and honestly every one of my other plugins does this just fine.

I reported a year ago and got a we’re working on it reply. Can’t be that difficult no?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
For anyone that has been having issues installing Gainstation VST2 on Win 7 like me...... you can install the VST3 version without issue.
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcusticaCM View Post
Fair enough. In the Acqua product line, presets are stored in a proprietary protected format, so you cannot save your own presets inside the plugin.
This feature is only available on N4 from the Nebula product line. Best regards.
I can't possibly fathom why a preset would need proprietary protection, but ok.

If I am being honest, your responses (or lack thereof) in this thread have really turned me off from further Acustica purchases. I realize GS forums are pretty toxic but the tone has felt unnecessarily pretentious at times. Also, the idea that people should email Tech Support to request custom presets as a feature is completely ridiculous to me. Instead of processing tickets for people who actually need help, you're using resources to middle-man suggestions that are already standard across the entire industry.

If you're not going to going to make custom presets an option, at least add an init/default patch for those who've gone too far and need to rewind back to zero. You've made it apparent that issues like wacky preset names and ditching the wet/dry knob were Mike Dean's call, but don't forget you're the developer. Take some responsibility for your software instead of nerfing it at the request of a pseudo-celebrity.
Company Rep

I will forward your requests to our development team. Thank you.
Old 4 weeks ago
wm9
Gear Head

When did the 50% intro price ended? :(
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wm9 View Post
When did the 50% intro price ended? :(
The 50% off you mention was for Black Friday and BF extended only. Intro price remains but 24% off now.
wm9
Gear Head

Quote:
The 50% off you mention was for Black Friday and BF extended only. Intro price remains but 24% off now.
Shouldn’t have slept on it :’(
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by wm9 View Post
Shouldn’t have slept on it :’(
Me too - missed out not realising the special price was for BF only!
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by djrustycans View Post
Me too - missed out not realising the special price was for BF only!
It was clearly posted as a BF sale price, then they extended that BF sale price after many asked for it an extra week.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will The Weirdo View Post
It was clearly posted as a BF sale price, then they extended that BF sale price after many asked for it an extra week.
Hang on - I’m not complaining! Perhaps you would only realise this if you were frequenting forums or the website.

Merry Christmas
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
I am missing better metering on Gainstation. Like being able to see how much i am clipping on a meter and not only rely on my ears. I find this very usefull especially when listening with tired ears or low volumes some times.
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankoyo View Post
I am missing better metering on Gainstation. Like being able to see how much i am clipping on a meter and not only rely on my ears. I find this very usefull especially when listening with tired ears or low volumes some times.
Using smexoscope after can help.
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamic. View Post
Using smexoscope after can help.
Hi there.
Yes i know. But that is exactly what i want to avoid. Using 1-2 extra plugins just to see what one is doing when most similar plugins have an integrated metering system for exactly this. Its a bit like making a compressor plugin on which you have to use another plugin just to show the GR. It simply makes things complicated in a unnessesary way imho
Old 4 weeks ago
adl
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Really am missing an output knob on Gainstation boost.
I know Mike Dean didn´t want one, but (unfortunately) i am not Mike Dean.
RPH
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by adl View Post
Really am missing an output knob on Gainstation boost.
I know Mike Dean didn´t want one, but (unfortunately) i am not Mike Dean.
https://www.bluecataudio.com/Product...uct_GainSuite/
adl
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I got Gain Match, which does pretty much the same i guess. Still i have to use another plugin, where a simple output knob on Gainstation Boost would do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted e680ec2 View Post

He is in the position to take advantage of African-American artists to get rich. Mike Dean is just another guy who came along to profit off of what African-Americans had created, he's just a less sleazy Lyor Cohen.

/YOUTUBE]
Na....that’s not right .

I agree with everything else you said and mean you no personal offence .

I agree with everything else you said about appropriation completely...to the fullest...

But reducing Mike dean to that ....a slime ball culture vulture record exec .can’t agree . The fella strikes me as a bonafide musician and has been creatively involved in so many awesome projects for decades.

UNO the activist and don toliver being two great examples of this now IMO and to be working with new artists like them ....whilst being in GOOD musics camp and coming from scarface and Tupac beginnings

I can’t see it bro

Mike deans a bonafide musician

..as I said before , plug in sounds lovely on a bass

Ironic how the name came about too
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Fair enough. In the Acqua product line, presets are stored in a proprietary protected format, so you cannot save your own presets inside the plugin.
This feature is only available on N4 from the Nebula product line. Best regards.
There is so much time to be saved using presets, especially with your plugins. Choosing the preamps and channels in the console emulated plugs that we like, setting the units to the most used frequencies, compression settings... so much time is wasted when every time we have to open one up, link the controls, set the filters, input gain.... seriously?
Why are you making it that hard?
Give us user presets.
Honestly it sucks that we cannot save presets with them as it is a fundamental part of using plugs.
I was using the Cakewalk presets and your support claims that can cause unpredictable behaviors in your plugs, which i believe was the case here.
I'm glad i found that out as i was having issues no one else seemed to have and your support was discounting them. Its actually near impossible to find the documentation that tells us not to use the DAW presets with the plugs.
This is a big deal.
Company Rep

Saving presets inside the plugin is not possible, saving the presets in your DAW and/or project works in all our supported sequencers without any issue.
If you ever have an issue recalling a preset that way please open a ticket, or if you already did please PM me the ticket number. Thanks!
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Saving presets inside the plugin is not possible, saving the presets in your DAW and/or project works in all our supported sequencers without any issue.
If you ever have an issue recalling a preset that way please open a ticket, or if you already did please PM me the ticket number. Thanks!
That is not true, your list says you support Bandlab Cakewalk.
I went through a long exchange with your support about this and the presets in Cakewalk will not work with your plugs consistently. Videos were made.
Pm'd you the ticket number.
Company Rep

@ GreenNeedle Thank you, I will review it tomorrow with our support and get back to you.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Unless I’m missing something presets used in Taupe El Rey Erin and Gold aren’t listed. Settings are. A pain if I want to compare or see what I used. That makes no sense. Is it that hard to fix? Harrison Mixbus on PC here....
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Late to the party. Gainstation is great! Easy to use.

Gainstation into Cupwise AX 102 tape is a new favorite combo on my mixbus.
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Addict

Ha!

Very similar over here...Gainstation into Fuse Audio Flywheel is a GREAT electronic/modern Drum Buss combination.

A tape emulation, with a little high frequency attenuation and crosstalk/hysteresis, after Gainstation really smoooths any edges.
Old 2 weeks ago
Company Rep

Friendly reminder
Our Xmas deals are almost over and so the intro price for Gainstation and Gainstation Boost

Both promotions end on January 6, 2021 (11:59 pm CET).

Gainstation web-page: https://www.acustica-audio.com/store...ts/gainstation
Gainstation boost web-page:https://www.acustica-audio.com/store...nstation-boost
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankoyo View Post
Hi there.
Yes i know. But that is exactly what i want to avoid. Using 1-2 extra plugins just to see what one is doing when most similar plugins have an integrated metering system for exactly this. Its a bit like making a compressor plugin on which you have to use another plugin just to show the GR. It simply makes things complicated in a unnessesary way imho
lol! Great analogy.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
I'm actually finding that Gainstation followed by Vertigo VSM-3 on my Master bus work really well together.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear