The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
RSE TPC-I mk2 microphone preamplifier with optical compressor
Old 23rd November 2020
Here for the gear

Hardware RSE TPC-I mk2 microphone preamplifier with optical compressor

TPC-I mk2 is our custom-designed microphone preamplifier with an optical compressor. This simple yet powerful tool is the epitome of reliability and longevity, a Swiss Army knife in the hands of a sound engineer.

Just like the microphone, the preamplifier defines the sound of a music track. Its main job is to increase gain: take a weak signal from a microphone or a musical instrument and boost it. Compressing brings quieter notes to the peaks and adds width, depth and height to your musical composition. If you are looking for a way to not just boost but also color your sound, this tool is exactly what you need.

TPC-I mk2 was designed for home and professional sound studios as it connects well with both dynamic and condenser microphones. For the latter our tool is fitted with a built-in phantom power supply. Equipped with removable mounting ears, this channel strip can be installed in a 19-inch studio rack - the most popular size for this type of device.

The neat and easy to operate control panel comprises a few logical controls. The input and output transformers of the preamp support balanced cables and provide a perfect load match. Four cascades allow for incoming signal gain of up to +72dB. With a gain level that high, it is possible for the optical compressor to perform even under extreme conditions without any loss in the output level. Thanks to vacuum tubes and signal transformers, the recorded sound becomes softer and brighter.

TPC-I mk2 can be applied when recording vocals, wind and string instruments and even the percussions. Additionally, the front panel is equipped with a high-resistance input (HI Z) so it can be paired with electric or bass guitar.

You can find our info about our devices here: http://rseaudio.net
Old 23rd November 2020
Lives for gear

Looks spectacular! What is the price range for this unit? Also, would love to know the price for the 500 version of this.\
Never mind. Found the price on your website.
Old 24th November 2020
Lives for gear
Currently a 20% off Black Friday deal too.
Old 25th November 2020
Lives for gear

I clicked on "About us" on the website, and it's just sales pitch like on a bad episode of the Apprentice. It tells me literally nothing about you.

So ... No.

edit... I then searched and found this thread from 2017 with a bit more info, so i hope that helps. Lot of us folks have trust issues with start-ups...

Resonance Sound Equipment Tube channel strip
Old 25th November 2020
Lives for gear
I understand being cautious of startups but Roman has been making gear for many years. This is more of a relaunch of his company rather than a brand new company following new investment etc. I have gotten to know the guy and can tell you he is a very genuine person.
Old 25th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

yes, i saw your posts in the other thread, but if I hadn't done that search I wouldn't have known.. The website says nothing about 'Roman' or 'Ukraine' or 'Resonance Sound Equipment' or who they are or where they're from or what makes them tick... nothing human/personal at all... so that leaves it kinda 'virtual'.. and so I had a bad feeling about it.
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutetourettes View Post
yes, i saw your posts in the other thread, but if I hadn't done that search I wouldn't have known.. The website says nothing about 'Roman' or 'Ukraine' or 'Resonance Sound Equipment' or who they are or where they're from or what makes them tick... nothing human/personal at all... so that leaves it kinda 'virtual'.. and so I had a bad feeling about it.
I think RSE now stands for Roman Shevchenko Engineering. He’s no longer a one man operation though. He is still working on a vari-mu btw, which I'd love to have.
Here for the gear

Quote:
I clicked on "About us" on the website, and it's just sales pitch like on a bad episode of the Apprentice. It tells me literally nothing about you.
Thanks for pointing out the missing about us and other sections, this really helps.

This is a brand-new website of my company which we just launched — been in a hurry to get it up before the holidays season start and completely forgotten about the human-readable info :( .

Unfortunately as you probably know I’m a tech nerd and know nothing about the marketing. Which means any help and feedback like this is really appreciated

Last edited by RSE; 25th November 2020 at 09:54 PM.. Reason: added the quote
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSE View Post
Thanks for pointing out the missing about us and other sections, this really helps.

This is a brand-new website of my company which we just launched — been in a hurry to get it up before the holidays season start and completely forgotten about the human-readable info :( .

Unfortunately as you probably know I’m a tech nerd and know nothing about the marketing. Which means any help and feedback like this is really appreciated
nice one, well I'm also a nerd and would be crap at marketing too.. Obviously it's the gear and the sound that matter, but a few small companies have been a bit.. er... disappointing in recent years, so I'm just saying anything to humanise, and to display what sort of person/people you are, might help persuade people to take a gamble on you. in 2017 it was $400 they were gambling, now it's $1200 which is a much bigger risk.

Up to now my favourite Ukranian export would have to be DakhaBrakha ...
Old 26th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutetourettes View Post
but a few small companies have been a bit.. er... disappointing in recent years, so I'm just saying anything to humanise, and to display what sort of person/people you are, might help persuade people to take a gamble on you.
I mostly agree with what you're saying, but on the flipside, i can think of a couple of those companies (ex. the tape simulator one and the one with the RCA knobs all over every square inch of the faceplate, not to name names) that took that route and "humanized" the crap out of everything and everyone came out mostly royally screwed.

As a professional copywriter, I too was a little put off about the lack of info on the "about us" section, but didn't find it terribly lacking or a serious matter to be honest.

And those 500 series modules look interesting indeed.
Old 26th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by retractablezing View Post
I mostly agree with what you're saying, but on the flipside, i can think of a couple of those companies (ex. the tape simulator one and the one with the RCA knobs all over every square inch of the faceplate, not to name names) that took that route and "humanized" the crap out of everything and everyone came out mostly royally screwed.

As a professional copywriter, I too was a little put off about the lack of info on the "about us" section, but didn't find it terribly lacking or a serious matter to be honest.

And those 500 series modules look interesting indeed.
I think Roman was in a bit of a rush to get the website back up and running with new products coming out.

I should receive a TPC-1 MK2 and the PA501 & PC502 within a month or so. If anyone in the UK would like me to drop over with any of the units to have a play with them for a couple of hours, I may be able to come over. I'm in Lincolnshire, so within a few hours drive is preferable for me, but a trip further is doable if a few people wanted to meet at one place to try them out or if I could make a few visits on the same day?

Just a thought. Trying to help RSE out and also you guys who are thinking you would take the lunge if you could try them first etc.

Last edited by Mr Funk; 2nd December 2020 at 10:06 PM..
Old 2nd December 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Hey all - just wanted to say thank you for the feedback — we now have the About Us page filled out (a little bit but still better than nothing).
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear