Surreal Machines Impact Transient Shaper and Free Plugin Crack! - Page 2 - Gearslutz
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Surreal Machines Impact Transient Shaper and Free Plugin Crack!
Old 5th December 2020
Lives for gear

I picked up a few of the plugins before the sale ended and I just opened them in Logic.

Unless I was missing something, I didn't see any preferences or any way to make the plugins larger. They're currently a bit on the tiny side. I'm on a 4K monitor, but who isn't these days?

Are there any future plans to make them resizable or larger?
Old 5th December 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

After watching this thread for a few days I decided to try the demo, with the idea of proving to myself I didn't really need this. Boy was I wrong. Just purchased.

This is so easy to understand and use, and the results are so fine.

What a handy and easy to use tool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBX-80 View Post
I picked up a few of the plugins before the sale ended and I just opened them in Logic.

Unless I was missing something, I didn't see any preferences or any way to make the plugins larger. They're currently a bit on the tiny side. I'm on a 4K monitor, but who isn't these days?

Are there any future plans to make them resizable or larger?
Click the Impact Preset menu, not the host menu. In the drop-down you'll see the resize option.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by no genre View Post
Click the Impact Preset menu, not the host menu. In the drop-down you'll see the resize option.
Oh, I see. Thanks.

I guess it's not on the two plugins I bought, the dubstation bundle.
Gear Head

Unfortunately resize is only available for the new plugins currently but they said it's coming for Diffuse and Modnetic as well in 2021...
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosleepguy View Post
Unfortunately resize is only available for the new plugins currently but they said it's coming for Diffuse and Modnetic as well in 2021...
That sounds good to me! thanks.
Old 5th December 2020
Lives for gear

Thumbs up

This plugin has now become my, "How did I managed to tweak drums before?" goto plugin.

As a sound shaping tool it is so great with drums in the 3 band mode.

Gear Maniac
Really nice workflow and sound. Just one thing which i feel might make it better for me. The readouts when tweaking the EQ are tiny and a distance from where you are tweaking. Just wondering if the readout became yellow or bold (or both) for the parameters you are changing which would be easier to follow.

Thanks Rick.
Old 12th December 2020
Gear Maniac
Is it me or this doesn't lengthen or shorten the sustain so much as increase or decrease the volume.
Old 13th December 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickskii View Post
Really nice workflow and sound. Just one thing which i feel might make it better for me. The readouts when tweaking the EQ are tiny and a distance from where you are tweaking. Just wondering if the readout became yellow or bold (or both) for the parameters you are changing which would be easier to follow.

Thanks Rick.
My thought as well.
Old 13th December 2020
Lives for gear

Wow! The free Crack is far the best simple transient shaper i've heard, and i've tried almost all of them.
Need to try the Impact!
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Deleted e1b9f94
Quote:
Originally Posted by zvukofor View Post
Wow! The free Crack is far the best simple transient shaper i've heard, and i've tried almost all of them.
Need to try the Impact!
Hehehehe same here.

Try Impact and then you'll buy it. It's like UAD plugins. You try them and then you're hooked.

Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zvukofor View Post
Need to try the Impact!
Interesting, even against Spiff..? Hmm sorry, I meant Impact against Spiff..
Deleted e1b9f94
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsblack View Post
Just try it.. Free demo. No better way then to try it on your own music.

Highly recommended
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

@ [email protected]: Is there a crossgrade option for owners of the M4L pack?

Cheers, Peer
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsblack View Post
I’ve never actually dive in to the idea of freq-dependent transient control, so i never touched any multiband transient tools...YET. )

That’s why i was talkin about Crack. So far this one is the most organic of everything one-band i’ve tried, including SPL and Elysia.
Old 4 weeks ago
DSK
Lives for gear

Curious on how this stacks up to Envolution. For me that plugin is so ahead of the competition, it would be amazing to see something in the same league but with a different sound.

Will test and report back
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeerSoe View Post
@ [email protected]: Is there a crossgrade option for owners of the M4L pack?

Cheers, Peer
No it isn't. They address it in their FAQ on the website. Honestly, as someone who bought the M4L pack it kinda grinds my gears, which is why I can't bring myself to buy it because it feels like I'd be buying the same thing twice.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Indeed, the Attack on Crack might be a little less digitally clicky.. so a bit more analog sounding..

Though, when properly gain matched there is very little difference from e.g. Kiloheartz's one.

Thanks for this cracking Xmas Gift Surreal Machines!
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear