The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
GainMatch 1.1 is available - now with AAX, dark skin and many improvements
Old 2 weeks ago
  #1
Gear Maniac
 
letimix's Avatar
 

GainMatch 1.1 is available - now with AAX, dark skin and many improvements

The new version of GainMatch adds new functions and implements many user requests!



Among them:
  • Dark skin
  • AAX / Pro Tools support
  • More groups (up to 64) and new groups menu
  • Target Peak mode
  • Match 'before' gain to 'after'
  • Listen to 'delta'
  • Fine-tune the difference
  • Select gain resolution 0.1dB or 0.01dB
  • Improved delay detection, Target Loudness mode, and more...

GainMatch is a tool for comparing before/after with the same loudness. If you dig deeper you'll find it can do more useful things, like mixing before and after signals, matching target loudness, normalizing to the desired peak level

If you're updating from the earlier version, note that the plugin was renamed to "GainMatch" (from "LM GainMatch"). Don't forget to remove "LM GainMatch" first and restart your DAW, then install GainMatch.

https://letimix.com/products/gainmatch

The updated price is $19, but it'll be still available for $9 until the end of 2020.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #2
Old 2 weeks ago
  #3
Gear Maniac
 
Anthony Quinn's Avatar
 

Been using the new version all morning. Excellent work!
Old 2 weeks ago
  #4
Gear Maniac
 

Can I also use it to automatically gainstage like the VU Meter from Hornet?
Old 2 weeks ago
  #5
Lives for gear
 
no genre's Avatar
A most excellent plugin just got even better. Much appreciated.
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
  #6
Gear Maniac
 
letimix's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by putte View Post
Can I also use it to automatically gainstage like the VU Meter from Hornet?
Not familiar with Hornet VU Meter, unfortunately, but GainMatch has an AUTO mode and can be used in various scenarios! Download the free 14-days trial and see the couple of videos on the product page, you'll get the idea of basic features!
Old 2 weeks ago
  #7
Lives for gear
 
doom64's Avatar
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!
Old 2 weeks ago
  #8
ukm
Gear Maniac
 

What about all my projects using "LM GainMatch"?
Do I have to insert "GainMatch" in every project new when I deinstalled "LM GainMatch"?
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
  #9
Gear Maniac
 
letimix's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukm View Post
What about all my projects using "LM GainMatch"?
Do I have to insert "GainMatch" in every project new when I deinstalled "LM GainMatch"?
It should load without issues because plugin_id is the same.

Though just in case, make a copy of your project and keep "LM GainMatch" somewhere in a safe place. In case something goes wrong, you'll be able to get back.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #10
Lives for gear
 

Following the updates .... with a Request

I always need to set PDC [plugin latency].

Is there a way to have 'Auto-detect' available from the start of adding the 2nd [REC] GM plug ? [without htting play, or switching to Listen].

Some plugins that I monitor have Over-sampling, and can change PDC because of ...

thank-you
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
  #11
Gear Maniac
 
letimix's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
Following the updates .... with a Request

I always need to set PDC [plugin latency].

Is there a way to have 'Auto-detect' available from the start of adding the 2nd [REC] GM plug ? [without htting play, or switching to Listen].

Some plugins that I monitor have Over-sampling, and can change PDC because of ...

thank-you
Hello!

That's an interesting idea, though it may complicate things a bit. Right now plugin works so that delay detection would work only if "Listen before" is enabled, so it will require two steps - hit "Listen before", hit "Detect delay".

Could you explain better, please, why would you need delay compensation without using "Listen before"?
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #12
ukm
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by letimix View Post
It should load without issues because plugin_id is the same.
Many thanks - works fine with Studio One v4.6. The Studio One project still shows "LM GainMatch" in the inserts but GUI shows "GainMatch". Settings are retained - nice.
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #13
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by letimix View Post
Hello!

That's an interesting idea, though it may complicate things a bit. Right now plugin works so that delay detection would work only if "Listen before" is enabled, so it will require two steps - hit "Listen before", hit "Detect delay".

Could you explain better, please, why would you need delay compensation without using "Listen before"?
I'll try.

First, I'm a long time AB_LM user [TBPro] if that means anything.

I use it to 'bookend' every plugin in the Chain for A/B'ing. I also adjust the Plugin OUTPUT to Unity [as measured]. Once that is complete ... AB_LM is By-Passed.

Main point. PDC must be set at the very start. From my experience, the possible 'gain difference' calculated will NOT be correct until PDC is properly set. [in Mastering, a 1/10 dB is the margin].

Basically ... I often have a Plugin [with bookends] in the Chain, but sometimes start with them By-Passed ... but they are ready to go.

When I first load them, the first thing to set [beside Group], is the PDC ... I need to do this directly ... no need to first Listen or playback ... that waste time and interrupts workflow.

I've purchased GainMatch as it looks promising ... but AB_LM lets me set PDC as soon as the Receive is added.

Hope I've explained this OK ... If not, please let me know so I can try to do better after my 2nd cup of coffee ....

Thank-you
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #14
Gear Maniac
 
letimix's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukm View Post
Many thanks - works fine with Studio One v4.6. The Studio One project still shows "LM GainMatch" in the inserts but GUI shows "GainMatch". Settings are retained - nice.
Great!
There was a not about Studio One and how to make it update the plugin name:
GainMatch plugin by LetiMix - fast manual and auto leveler
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #15
Gear Maniac
 
letimix's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
I'll try.

First, I'm a long time AB_LM user [TBPro] if that means anything.

I use it to 'bookend' every plugin in the Chain for A/B'ing. I also adjust the Plugin OUTPUT to Unity [as measured]. Once that is complete ... AB_LM is By-Passed.

Main point. PDC must be set at the very start. From my experience, the possible 'gain difference' calculated will NOT be correct until PDC is properly set. [in Mastering, a 1/10 dB is the margin].

Basically ... I often have a Plugin [with bookends] in the Chain, but sometimes start with them By-Passed ... but they are ready to go.

When I first load them, the first thing to set [beside Group], is the PDC ... I need to do this directly ... no need to first Listen or playback ... that waste time and interrupts workflow.

I've purchased GainMatch as it looks promising ... but AB_LM lets me set PDC as soon as the Receive is added.

Hope I've explained this OK ... If not, please let me know so I can try to do better after my 2nd cup of coffee ....

Thank-you
Yea, that's ok, I see the point now!

In the current iteration of GainMatch the delay detection is chained to Listen Before mode, so it cannot be easily done when not in that mode. I'll think about your request, maybe some good ideas will show up, how to do that without cluttering the interface and breaking the plugin
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #16
ukm
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by letimix View Post
Great!
There was a not about Studio One and how to make it update the plugin name:
GainMatch plugin by LetiMix - fast manual and auto leveler
I had no problems here. I deleted the .vst3 and the data folder and copied the new .vst3 and data folder into the vst3 directory.
On old projects it still is shown as "LM GainMatch" in the insert effects panel but loads the new version and with a new project there is "GainMatch".
The plugin name is now "GainMatch".
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #17
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by letimix View Post
Yea, that's ok, I see the point now!

In the current iteration of GainMatch the delay detection is chained to Listen Before mode, so it cannot be easily done when not in that mode. I'll think about your request, maybe some good ideas will show up, how to do that without cluttering the interface and breaking the plugin
Thank-you for Your consideration to this matter.

I do hope a straight forward solution can be had, as I would
really like to use GainMatch.

Considering that any form of A/B'ing and Level match must be done with Latency Compensation, the importance
is already defined.


To a solution
Old 1 week ago
  #18
Lives for gear
 
Ribbonmicguy's Avatar
Definitely worth buying!
Old 1 week ago
  #19
Lives for gear
 
EvgenyStudio's Avatar
I just demoed it and love how easy it is to work with.
Really nice UX here
I had experience with AB_LM but GainMatch is much better at workflow
And also, your attack/release measurement tool helped me a ton
Cheers
Old 1 week ago
  #20
Gear Maniac
Hmm, will check out the demo, i have my own custom setup, but not cpu friendly when on many tracks, then again i do bounce often though.

Thx and let's see
Old 1 week ago
  #21
Gear Head
 

whoa just found out about this, $9 vs. $149 for MeterPlugs Perception, bought!
Old 1 week ago
  #22
Lives for gear
 

Can I set this to e.g. - 10 dB RMS on my master bus and the bus level will be exactly - 10 RMS no matter how hot I drive the faders in my session?
Thanks
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
  #23
Gear Maniac
 
letimix's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lydfar View Post
Can I set this to e.g. - 10 dB RMS on my master bus and the bus level will be exactly - 10 RMS no matter how hot I drive the faders in my session?
Thanks
Sure, you can try to!
Thou it depends on material, if you have a lot of silence (say a sparse drum loop) it can be difficult, cause it needs at least 3 seconds of continuous sound in this mode by default to measure loudness (you can change that in settings).
Also you may want to set RMS filter type to Flat for this scenario.
๐Ÿ“ Reply
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
๐Ÿ–จ๏ธ Show Printable Version
โœ‰๏ธ Email this Page
๐Ÿ” Search thread
๐ŸŽ™๏ธ View mentioned gear
Forum Jump
Forum Jump