The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
244 PORTA STUDIO IR’S By PTF Reverbs
Old 24th October 2020
Lives for gear

Thumbs up 244 PORTA STUDIO IR’S By PTF Reverbs

244 PORTA STUDIO IR’S By PTF Reverbs-tascam-244-porta-studio-cover.jpg

TASCAM 244 PORTA STUDIO IR’S!

Upon a customer's request, we have decided to sample channels and the master buss through a cassette tape of the legendary Tascam 24 Porta Studio.

You will get the IR’s of all 4 channels + the master - recorded to a cassette tape (MAXELL XLII)

We forgot how great this machine sounds (especially the Hi-end and the mid-range)

You will get 10 IR’s in this Pack

Inclusive the Tape hiss/noise that you get when you disable the DBX

With these IR’s, we came very close to the original sound of this unit!

48 & 96 kHz Wav Files

Check out the off on demo!

Available now at

www.gumroad.com/pasttofuturereverbs

We are proud to bring you sounds you can’t find anywhere else!

A Past to Future Release
Attached Thumbnails
244 PORTA STUDIO IR’S By PTF Reverbs-tascam-244-porta-studio-cover.jpg  
Old 24th October 2020
Here for the gear

Nice release! I just bought it a few hours ago. I'm curious, do all the channels have the same eq settings etc? I tried it on some basic 909 samples and the difference between the channels was huge. Channel 2 seems to be the only one that retains the lower frequencies.
Old 24th October 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by itanever View Post
Nice release! I just bought it a few hours ago. I'm curious, do all the channels have the same eq settings etc? I tried it on some basic 909 samples and the difference between the channels was huge. Channel 2 seems to be the only one that retains the lower frequencies.
That’s right we added some built in Eq Of the 244 to give channels different sound rather than all 4 sounding same
Old 26th October 2020
Lives for gear
Does this need iLok to run? Is it compatible with all DAW's?

Thanks
Old 26th October 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ox Han View Post
Does this need iLok to run? Is it compatible with all DAW's?

Thanks
It's a set of impulse responses, not a plugin....you load the IRs into a convolution plugin of your choice.
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by stella645 View Post
It's a set of impulse responses, not a plugin....you load the IRs into a convolution plugin of your choice.
completely new to IR. Could I use an IR reverb plugin?
better yet, could you also recommend some IR plugs?

much appreciated
Gear Head
Quote:
better yet, could you also recommend some IR plugs?

much appreciated
IRs are basically the Instagram Filters of audio production. They're a snapshot (read: sample) of a signal that is used to calculate the full signal based on a given input.

The main applications are:
1) "Realistic" reverbs - Basically samples of recorded reverbs, often from natural sources (think real chambers, rooms, churches, canyons). Useful for orchestral/ acoustic instruments.
2) Cabinets - For amp sims/DI tracks. If you have an amp sim that you like but the cabinet sounds like **** (eheemm... Fuse F-59... ehemmm).
3) FX/Frequency curves - Think old telephones, TVs, megaphones - or tape machines. Basically you apply the eq curve of the device that was sampled. This makes it easy to shift the timbre of a source.

Note that an IR is basically a static sample of an EQ curve. In other words, IRs can't be used for nonlinear processing (read: distortion, compression). You'll get the tone of the tape machine, but not the dirt. Of course that doesn't make IRs less valuable, but I believe it's good to be aware of the limitations of the tool.

There are many free and paid IR loaders and reverbs. For reverbs, Altiverb and Reverberate are definitely worth checking out. For cabinets, I'm really into Two Notes Torpedo.Note that you don't have to buy anything from the store, you can set up user folders, load your own stuff and still have access to the processing components.

However, for most basic use cases the IR loader that comes in your DAW will suffice.
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leandros View Post
IRs are basically the Instagram Filters of audio production. They're a snapshot (read: sample) of a signal that is used to calculate the full signal based on a given input.

The main applications are:
1) "Realistic" reverbs - Basically samples of recorded reverbs, often from natural sources (think real chambers, rooms, churches, canyons). Useful for orchestral/ acoustic instruments.
2) Cabinets - For amp sims/DI tracks. If you have an amp sim that you like but the cabinet sounds like **** (eheemm... Fuse F-59... ehemmm).
3) FX/Frequency curves - Think old telephones, TVs, megaphones - or tape machines. Basically you apply the eq curve of the device that was sampled. This makes it easy to shift the timbre of a source.

Note that an IR is basically a static sample of an EQ curve. In other words, IRs can't be used for nonlinear processing (read: distortion, compression). You'll get the tone of the tape machine, but not the dirt. Of course that doesn't make IRs less valuable, but I believe it's good to be aware of the limitations of the tool.

There are many free and paid IR loaders and reverbs. For reverbs, Altiverb and Reverberate are definitely worth checking out. For cabinets, I'm really into Two Notes Torpedo.Note that you don't have to buy anything from the store, you can set up user folders, load your own stuff and still have access to the processing components.

However, for most basic use cases the IR loader that comes in your DAW will suffice.
I had no idea space designer in logic pro was an IR loader. Thanks for this post. much appreciated
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yes, as long as it loads wav files and make sure it's set 100% wet.

I think the main difference between a reverb and a cab type IR loader is the cab loaders are always 100% wet. SO for this particular library any IR loader is likely to work fine.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by stella645 View Post
Yes, as long as it loads wav files and make sure it's set 100% wet.

I think the main difference between a reverb and a cab type IR loader is the cab loaders are always 100% wet. SO for this particular library any IR loader is likely to work fine.
Yes and cab loaders take usually less CPU power
Old 26th October 2020
Gear Guru

Are any with the varispeed cranked all the way up?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karloff70 View Post
Are any with the varispeed cranked all the way up?
No, but I can make some if you are interested
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastToFuture View Post
Not for me, thanks though, but would likely be worth in general, as those things sound best that way.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karloff70 View Post
Not for me, thanks though, but would likely be worth in general, as those things sound best that way.
Thx for the hint anyway
Old 27th October 2020
Lives for gear

What's the most CPU efficient and fastest (key word here!) way to load these on a Mac (Logic X)?

I have a lot of your companies IRs but never get around to loading them all into a plugin to use as it seems a longer process in Space Designer..

I'd love to be able to just drag a bunch of folders into a plugin and it'll load them into presets and groups...
Old 27th October 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber View Post
What's the most CPU efficient and fastest (key word here!) way to load these on a Mac (Logic X)?

I have a lot of your companies IRs but never get around to loading them all into a plugin to use as it seems a longer process in Space Designer..

I'd love to be able to just drag a bunch of folders into a plugin and it'll load them into presets and groups...
For short IR’s i would use pulse by Lancaster audio
Lives for gear

Quote:
For short IR’s i would use pulse by Lancaster audio
That's for Pro Tools.
Old 27th October 2020
Gear Addict

You could try this. I haven't installed it myself, but it does claim to have drag 'n' drop.

Aurora DSP - FenrIR Impulse Loader FREE
Lives for gear

Quote:
That's for Pro Tools.
It is in multiple formats to work with pretty much any DAW as far as I can see.
Lives for gear

Quote:
That's for Pro Tools.
Not only I am using it with ableton
Lives for gear

Quote:
Not only I am using it with ableton
Ah, my bad! Will try it out. Have the big bundle you did a while ago and still need to dig through it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leandros View Post
IRs are basically the Instagram Filters of audio production.
wow! what metaphorical ability!
Lives for gear

Quote:
Ah, my bad! Will try it out. Have the big bundle you did a while ago and still need to dig through it.
Convology is also great for using our reverb IR‘s and it is free
Gear Guru

Quote:
That's for Pro Tools.
Nah, works in Logic as an AU.
Old 28th October 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by onerob View Post
You could try this. I haven't installed it myself, but it does claim to have drag 'n' drop.

Aurora DSP - FenrIR Impulse Loader FREE
Interesting will check it out, too
Thx
Old 29th October 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yeah, that would be a good option if you are so inclined
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loopy C View Post
Yeah, that would be a good option if you are so inclined
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear