Spitfire Audio announces ABBEY ROAD ONE: ORCHESTRAL FOUNDATIONS - Page 2 - Gearslutz
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Spitfire Audio announces ABBEY ROAD ONE: ORCHESTRAL FOUNDATIONS
Old 3 weeks ago
Yes you can't rely on MIDI velocities here. Some instruments have no velocity range -- it's all about the dynamics and expression sliders.
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durk Diggler View Post
Say what you will about no legato, but according to the above, it is a life saver.
I know this release doesn’t have any loops like Albion One has, but maybe they can cover that in one of their expansion packs. They can call it DOWNTOWN ABBEY.
Old 3 weeks ago
The absence of legatos is strongly felt. I understand that they're difficult to create, but it leaves a hole in the library.
Old 3 weeks ago
The absence of legatos is strongly felt. I understand that they're difficult to create, but it leaves a hole in the library.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
Which will be filled with adds on packs...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleazy_Rider View Post
Which will be filled with adds on packs...
The add-on packs I've seen mentioned are not legatos. Where did you see that?

And if they do release legatos separately, I'd hope it's not at an added cost.
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
The add-on packs I've seen mentioned are not legatos. Where did you see that?

And if they do release legatos separately, I'd hope it's not at an added cost.
They are releasing the modular orchestra....with the Abbey Road Orchestra as foundation..and film scoring selections...

ANNOUNCING THE NEXT TWO ABBEY ROAD ONE: FILM SCORING SELECTION LIBRARIES COMING EARLY 2021 — LEGENDARY LOW STRINGS AND SPARKLING WOODWINDS.

BEAUTIFULLY ORCHESTRATED AND INCREDIBLY DETAILED SOUNDS DESIGNED FOR A SPECIFIC PERFORMANCE PURPOSE, INCLUDING A VARIETY OF PATCHES, INCORPORATING LEGATO TRANSITIONS AND OTHER ARTICULATIONS. OUR VERY EASY-TO-USE PERFORMANCE LEGATO PATCHES ARE CREATED WITH NEWLY DEVELOPED RECORDING TECHNIQUES CREATING A WONDERFULLY REALISTIC PERFORMANCES.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

So, legato only in the expansion packs. What about the rest? I really love the sound but not sure yet..
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru

I bought it and installed but have yet to try it out. I have Chamber and Symphony Strings. Before this I was considering Albion One. Can someone compare and contrast this with Albion One?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryrobinett View Post
I bought it and installed but have yet to try it out. I have Chamber and Symphony Strings. Before this I was considering Albion One. Can someone compare and contrast this with Albion One?
Henson from Spitfire just does that....

Quote:
They are releasing the modular orchestra....with the Abbey Road Orchestra as foundation..and film scoring selections...

ANNOUNCING THE NEXT TWO ABBEY ROAD ONE: FILM SCORING SELECTION LIBRARIES COMING EARLY 2021 — LEGENDARY LOW STRINGS AND SPARKLING WOODWINDS.

BEAUTIFULLY ORCHESTRATED AND INCREDIBLY DETAILED SOUNDS DESIGNED FOR A SPECIFIC PERFORMANCE PURPOSE, INCLUDING A VARIETY OF PATCHES, INCORPORATING LEGATO TRANSITIONS AND OTHER ARTICULATIONS. OUR VERY EASY-TO-USE PERFORMANCE LEGATO PATCHES ARE CREATED WITH NEWLY DEVELOPED RECORDING TECHNIQUES CREATING A WONDERFULLY REALISTIC PERFORMANCES.
Yes I knew that, but those products are unrelated to the missing legatos for the existing library. There is still no mention of legatos for this instruments within this library.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yes I knew that, but those products are unrelated to the missing legatos for the existing library. There is still no mention of legatos for this instruments within this library.
I would wait until the add on packs and modular are released...
Quote:
I would wait until the add on packs and modular are released...
We have no choice -- the legatos simply do not exist, and may never. I feel that if they'd recorded them they'd have mentioned it. My suspicion is that they just aren't there, and they won't reassemble this massive production just for one articulation. Legatos are tough to create in this type of group environment. We'll have to get by without them.
Lives for gear

Quote:
We have no choice -- the legatos simply do not exist, and may never. I feel that if they'd recorded them they'd have mentioned it. My suspicion is that they just aren't there, and they won't reassemble this massive production just for one articulation. Legatos are tough to create in this type of group environment. We'll have to get by without them.
I’ve bought it and I will be using Spitfire solo strings for now until the add on packs are released...
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Hi guys! I'm new to this forum but I wanted to give my contribution to this thread.
I'm mediocre piano player, surely not a pro musician / producer but this is what I manage to get out of the new Spitfire Abbey Road One library, after playing with it an hour or so...
My aim was not faithfully reproducing the original "Flight to Neverland" musical piece, but just playing with the library, doing an ear training exercise at the same time...

The attached file (mp3) is the result of me playing all the orchestral parts with a midi keyboard.
No mixing / mastering has been performed other than volumes balance.
I didn't use the original scores, just played the piece by ear...hence, this is for sure full of mistakes.

....but...it sounds pretty convincing to me, considering there is a loooot of room for improvements...
and most important, it was easy to achieve that! Good job Spitfire Audio!!!!!!

https://sndup.net/9chf

Greetings from Italy
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrealoverde84 View Post
Hi guys! I'm new to this forum but I wanted to give my contribution to this thread.
I'm mediocre piano player, surely not a pro musician / producer but this is what I manage to get out of the new Spitfire Abbey Road One library, after playing with it an hour or so...
My aim was not faithfully reproducing the original "Flight to Neverland" musical piece, but just playing with the library, doing an ear training exercise at the same time...

The attached file (mp3) is the result of me playing all the orchestral parts with a midi keyboard.
No mixing / mastering has been performed other than volumes balance.
I didn't use the original scores, just played the piece by ear...hence, this is for sure full of mistakes.

....but...it sounds pretty convincing to me, considering there is a loooot of room for improvements...
and most important, it was easy to achieve that! Good job Spitfire Audio!!!!!!

https://sndup.net/9chf

Greetings from Italy
Nice work -and welcome to the Forum!
Old 4 days ago
Gear Nut

Anyone can compare to Audio Imperia Nucleus Full?
I bought the Lite for 99 € a few months ago and now can upgrade for 150 € (plusminus).
Is the Road One more expressive of has it more dynamic range, maybe?
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear