Acustica intros Camel: 1973-inspired suite with 36 preamps, a monster comp and bold EQ - Page 4 - Gearslutz
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Acustica intros Camel: 1973-inspired suite with 36 preamps, a monster comp and bold EQ
Old 4 weeks ago | Show parent
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by denork View Post
That sounds good, I haven't tested it.

Do you have conclusions? I have not seen it apply to others like Camel.
I think the ZL / non-ZL system worked better for most, but I do not rule out that there are other improvements in this regard.
Show replies
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

eternal "loading payment settings" when trying to buy. Used multiple browsers. No ad block. Anyone know whats up?
Show replies
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by toystein View Post
eternal "loading payment settings" when trying to buy. Used multiple browsers. No ad block. Anyone know whats up?
Try from your phone using another network (4G) and see if it works.
Show replies
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

It‘s been a while since I tried an AA plugin. I also find Comp A stellar sounding. Very hard to resist a purchase...
Show replies
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAudioBot View Post
It‘s been a while since I tried an AA plugin. I also find Comp A stellar sounding. Very hard to resist a purchase...
It's one of the best, Maybe the best AA Plugin. You won't regret it . since I bought it, I use it on all my new mixes on the master Bus.
Show replies
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Camel (and Diamond Transient, whoops!) have been added to The Unofficial List: https://justpaste.it/AcusticaAudioAcquaMasterList

I hope I got 'em correct for this release!

Edit: I found some cool information on the Trident B Range console:

Trident (TRIAD) B Range 24X4X2 Channel Discrete Class A Recording Console. The B Range, not to be confused with the later trident 80(B) desk, is the direct descendant of the venerable and heavily desirable Trident A Range console. The B Range was built side by side with the A range at the Trident Recording Studios technical facility in London, England.

The A and B Range consoles were designed by a highly esteemed team including exceptionally skilled and accomplished technicians and engineers Malcom Toft, Ken Scott, Roy Thomas-Baker and Barry Porter. The B Range shares the same mic amp, line amp, equalization circuitry as well as mic and line input transformers as the Trident A Range console and was designed for clients who didn't desire such a large format desk in terms of routing, channel count and size. The schematics for both consoles are nearly identical, not to mention the similarities in cosmetic design.

This particular desk was believed to have spent it's early life at SARM studios in London England and played a critical role in the recording of legendary albums such as Queen’s "A Night at the Opera" and the late David Bowie's "Diamond Dogs"

The frequency response and sonic character of this console is truly astonishing. The console is flat from 10hz-20k. I've never heard low end that sounds anywhere close to this desk. It's absolutely huge without being muddy.

The overall tone is very similar to an 80 series Neve (specifically a 1073) but a bit more hi-fi sounding without the stuffy sounding lower mid build-up. The 3 band EQ ranges in frequencies from 60hz-12k. With inductor based mids, it is simple and broad, yet very effective and is a sonic staple on British rock electric guitars.

Source: https://reverb.com/item/2257556-trid...helios-a-range
Show replies
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Thank you, doom64!
Show replies
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
Camel (and Diamond Transient, whoops!) have been added to The Unofficial List: https://justpaste.it/AcusticaAudioAcquaMasterList
There's a mistake. Camel does not have a Compex compressor and preamp, but a Trident CB9146 compressor and preamp. You can check it yourself by searching in Aquarius, which searches not only by the names of plug-ins, but also by the names of brands and numbers of models of real devices.
Show replies
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsevdoNimB View Post
There's a mistake. Camel does not have a Compex compressor and preamp, but a Trident CB9146 compressor and preamp. You can check it yourself by searching in Aquarius, which searches not only by the names of plug-ins, but also by the names of brands and numbers of models of real devices.
Nice, I had figured this one as well, but did not see it in Aquarius, I found it on the Facebook page of the studio. The search trick in Aquarius is brilliant !!
Show replies
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

To acoustical plug-ins, I have almost every plugin of you sell including nebula. I have never had any issues until camel. Can you download a trial version of Reason software and test this plugin. Thank you.
Show replies
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenskymusic View Post
To acoustical plug-ins, I have almost every plugin of you sell including nebula. I have never had any issues until camel. Can you download a trial version of Reason software and test this plugin. Thank you.
You should create a ticket on their helpdesk page, with details of the problem you are having.

@ AcusticaCM most likely will provide more info.

Cheers.
Show replies
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenskymusic View Post
Hi! Try reinstalling Camel using Aquarius, if the problem persists, please open a ticket to our support so we can help you out. thank you!.
Show replies
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
I listened to some demos and it sounds nice, but I think I'll skip this one because of the UI. It is great to look at, but I feel it would be a nightmare to work with as it is essentially unreadable.

I hope that you one day start adding more accessible user interface where controls and values are clearly labeled and visible or maybe you add a second version with a clear 2D UI without any distracting elements, so people have a choice.
Show replies
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcct View Post
I hope that you one day start adding more accessible user interface where controls and values are clearly labeled and visible or maybe you add a second version with a clear 2D UI without any distracting elements, so people have a choice.
I would also suggest maybe a main "LCD" readout display on top of the plugin which would always show the currently selected/hovered-over parameter and its value.
Actually, a proper top bar with a display, decent preset browser and few more utilitarian functions would really be great.
Basically, Acustica needs a much better GUI framework and should rather focus on that than turning out new plugins all the time.
Show replies
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by teletron View Post
I would also suggest maybe a main "LCD" readout display on top of the plugin which would always show the currently selected/hovered-over parameter and its value.
Actually, a proper top bar with a display, decent preset browser and few more utilitarian functions would really be great.
Basically, Acustica needs a much better GUI framework and should rather focus on that than turning out new plugins all the time.
I would love this kind of UI. It is a bit crowded, but you can clearly see all parameters.

Show replies
Gear Nut
Talking

Quote:
I would love this kind of UI. It is a bit crowded, but you can clearly see all parameters.

Sorry but that's too functional and boring!!!. We need WOW gui interfaces to get WOW sound, just like our D/A Audio Interfaces.

This is too simple and right to the point, where the fun in that?
Show replies
Gear Maniac

Making the GUI numbers smaller allows them to stuff more kernels in and make the sound better.
Show replies
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.vybz View Post
Sorry but that's too functional and boring!!!. We need WOW gui interfaces to get WOW sound, just like our D/A Audio Interfaces.

This is too simple and right to the point, where the fun in that?
I know you are being sarcastic but it's true. I pick a lot of plugins based on how they look.
Show replies
Old 2 weeks ago
Company Rep

Exclamation Camel B014 Update available

Camel update available in Aquarius: Camel EQ Mic 08 fixed!
Show replies
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

just as some well meant feedback: the gui is a strain on the eye... it is unneccessarily hard to work with it imo. the numbers and dials are too small and close to each other (eq numbers and compressor section)
I know there is a lot that has to fit within the within the windowframe but I would tweak this a bit more

regards ... imho
Show replies
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

... but I bought it for the way it sounds anyway
Show replies
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Sounds pretty good, nice eq & comp just wish the gui had more definition. A bit difficult to work with.
Show replies
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear
Tried and liked Camel comp 1 adding just a little vintage flavor on the Master bus just before fab filter MB comp. Even at about 30% wet I got that 70s vibe. Nice work AA!

But all the comps have different thresholds. Maybe that’s the reality, but some alignment in the plugs to allow easy ABs would be great. It is after all, a plugin...so we can do that right?
Show replies
Old 5 days ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
I listened to some demos and it sounds nice, but I think I'll skip this one because of the UI. It is great to look at, but I feel it would be a nightmare to work with as it is essentially unreadable.

Been hoping for that as well. Really don't understand the idea of making GUI so loaded with unnecessary graphical elements in favor of looking good rather than being intuitive in order to work fast. IMO sometimes their graphic designers make some really weird decisions on GUI, like having big buttons but small values, compacted small buttons with large unoccupied plugin space around etc.
Show replies
Old 5 days ago
Gear Head

Compared to how usable the new gainstation plugin feels (albeit still not resizable unfortunately) it's still a little off with camel, but it isn't too bad.

I wish the response of analog looking plugins in general would feel more digital when operating, like gainstation.

Function aside, Camel's GUI is looking very pretty as a whole. It's also one of my favourite plugins sound wise.
Show replies
Old 5 days ago | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Anyone having CPU spikes with Camel?

PT2020.11 OSX Mojave here...
Show replies
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear