IK Multimedia introduces MixBox virtual channel strip plug-in - Page 12 - Gearslutz
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
IK Multimedia introduces MixBox virtual channel strip plug-in
Old 3 weeks ago
  #331
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfger View Post
Hi MPOD!


Am I not allowed to post a simple request for additional basic modules, which would enhance my workflow with mixbox? This is the new product alert forum where we discuss new products. I´m not nitpicking i´m just asking.

peace and respect
Wolfger
No it's all fine. You are allowed to post whatever or request whatever you certainly don't need my permission. Maybe I wasn't clear. The point I am trying to make is:

If IK labelled one of those "synth" filters as a simple lo cut or hi cut filters, 99.99.99.99% of people here wouldn't be able to tell if it's a "synth" filter which is cutting frequencies or is it a "dedicated" filter design cutting frequencies. Not even you or me.


Hence my comment that this is nitpicking. And lastly next comment is not pointed to you, this is my impression of overall "public" and that is:

If IK tomorrow release "real" filters which are rehashed code of these "synth" filters, and then they use different graphics and gave them slight boost in curve just so that "forum product specialist" wouldn't be able to null them with existing product design - you can bet no one would notice that those are "synth" filters.

But to each their own. People like to think they are special when they use special tools even if those tools are something which they already owned. I'll just make music.

Regards
Old 3 weeks ago
  #332
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cprompt View Post
It's applied at checkout page.
Unfortunately not...

Old 3 weeks ago
  #333
Lives for gear
 
cprompt's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpor View Post
Unfortunately not...
Oh... well, I guess you'll have to contact IK support cos I get a coupon at that point:

Old 3 weeks ago
  #334
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpod View Post
No it's all fine. You are allowed to post whatever or request whatever you certainly don't need my permission. Maybe I wasn't clear. The point I am trying to make is:

If IK labelled one of those "synth" filters as a simple lo cut or hi cut filters, 99.99.99.99% of people here wouldn't be able to tell if it's a "synth" filter which is cutting frequencies or is it a "dedicated" filter design cutting frequencies. Not even you or me.


Hence my comment that this is nitpicking. And lastly next comment is not pointed to you, this is my impression of overall "public" and that is:

If IK tomorrow release "real" filters which are rehashed code of these "synth" filters, and then they use different graphics and gave them slight boost in curve just so that "forum product specialist" wouldn't be able to null them with existing product design - you can bet no one would notice that those are "synth" filters.

But to each their own. People like to think they are special when they use special tools even if those tools are something which they already owned. I'll just make music.

Regards
Yes, I agree, all fine. You are right, filters are not my biggest concern, but I´m still wishing for a simple not stepped (like in EQ81) hicut/lowcut filter like we have in IKs white channel.So they already have the code, why not put it in Mixbox?

As I wrote in all my posts I´m also missing a gate/expander, which is definitly an oversight in my opinion. As a drummer I´m mixing alot of acoustic drums and gating/expanding a snaretrack to remove some hi-hat bleed is a basic task for me. They also offer this in the white channel.
So why not put this into a plugin which is called Mixbox, which is clearly developed as a "all in one" solution? There are 58 drumpresets on offer and no one of the developing team had the idea to put a gate into the arsenal?

I played my first gig in 1982, and made my first drumrecordings in 1985.
I can asure you that I´m way beyond the point of needing some tools to feel special. I left this behind me in the 80s, when I, like most young players, thought, that getting a more expensive drumpedal would make me a better drummer.
And the same as you I´m just making music because I love it and this love will never depend on a certain tool.
I have more then all the tools I need for the next 100 years.
Sometimes I´m just wondering about the way developers/companies think and that´s all I wanted to express.

kind regards
wolfger
Old 3 weeks ago
  #335
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpor View Post
Unfortunately not...

Yeah, as @ cprompt stated, you will have to get in touch with IK Support as I also get a voucher automatically added at that point when logged in to my IK account.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #336
Hey Guys, thanks for the discussion. While I do agree with mpod that the Filter section is a great place to reach for a hi-pass or low-pass filter, it would also be great to see a gate/expander in MixBox. I’ll be sure to pass this along. See the link below for the official wish. Make sure to post any comments here. This is one of the first places we look for feature requests.

https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum...p?f=13&t=25468

For those of you looking for more news on MixBox, we have a new Live stream coming at 4PM (EST).

Old 3 weeks ago
  #337
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_IK View Post
Hey Guys, thanks for the discussion. While I do agree with mpod that the Filter section is a great place to reach for a hi-pass or low-pass filter, it would also be great to see a gate/expander in MixBox. I’ll be sure to pass this along. See the link below for the official wish. Make sure to post any comments here. This is one of the first places we look for feature requests.

https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum...p?f=13&t=25468

For those of you looking for more news on MixBox, we have a new Live stream coming at 4PM (EST).

Thanx for pointing us to the forum for requests!
It´s good to see in the forum requests that I´m not alone with the request for gate and clean filters
After doing some deep listening and some measurements I can say that the filters available right now sound great to my ears and have it´s uses, but they are definitly introducing some harmonic distortion, which can be great for sounddesign but not so great for cleaning up differnt sources (vocals for example).
A polarity/phase-switch is also missing in mixbox, which is definitly needed when mixing multimiced sources.
Thanx for taking care Ryan.
kind regards
Wolfger
Old 3 weeks ago
  #338
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_IK View Post
Hey Guys, thanks for the discussion. While I do agree with mpod that the Filter section is a great place to reach for a hi-pass or low-pass filter, it would also be great to see a gate/expander in MixBox. I’ll be sure to pass this along. See the link below for the official wish. Make sure to post any comments here. This is one of the first places we look for feature requests.

https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum...p?f=13&t=25468

For those of you looking for more news on MixBox, we have a new Live stream coming at 4PM (EST).

As @ wolfger stated thanks for posting this link. I will also be looking forward to these updates.

I have now tested this against PSP's Infinity Fire and McDSP's UCS 6060 and for my own production purposes (not mixing for me as I will use T-Racks et al for that) this is by far the best out of the three options (again for me) as the modules contained are more varied and can lead to far quicker, more flexible and imo greater sound design on the fly.

I was going to wait for TSM3 and simply update from TSM2 but think I will get this now during the intro pricing and trust that the requested features/updates will be implemented in a timely manner.

Cheers.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #339
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post

Another thing i was thinking is that instead of cumulating menu and models , why not a module witch switch to switch from a thing to another :

Dirt : switces : lofi , tape, vinyl ect
Comp : 670 , ssl ect
This would increase workflow imho and allows us to try on the fly solutions...
You are practicaly describing the excellent Omnichannel by Waves
Old 3 weeks ago
  #340
Lives for gear
I agree about the Expander/Gate and also about a simple low pass/high pass filter module whether it's taken from say the British Channel or White Channel (would be nice) and/or it's say a Pultec HLF-3C.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #341
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_IK View Post
Hey Guys, thanks for the discussion. While I do agree with mpod that the Filter section is a great place to reach for a hi-pass or low-pass filter, it would also be great to see a gate/expander in MixBox. I’ll be sure to pass this along. See the link below for the official wish. Make sure to post any comments here. This is one of the first places we look for feature requests.

https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum...p?f=13&t=25468

For those of you looking for more news on MixBox, we have a new Live stream coming at 4PM (EST).

I know that I ask a lot and that the mixbox is already doing a lot but a MicroShift would really be the dream
Old 2 weeks ago
  #342
Gear Maniac
 
Daft Joe's Avatar
Loving it so much fun running my odyssey through a load of simplified vintagey sounding effects, thanks IK
Old 2 weeks ago
  #343
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 View Post
Yeah, as @ cprompt stated, you will have to get in touch with IK Support as I also get a voucher automatically added at that point when logged in to my IK account.
I spoke with IK customer service and they said that even though I owned many T-Racks 5 processors, they didn’t apply because I purchased them via a group buy so I wasn’t eligible for the coupon.

I’m not super impressed with this response as I did still purchase those plugins through an IK approved process rather than used etc. It’s almost like we’re being punished for taking part in their own official promotion. No biggie but enough to make me walk away from MixBox for now.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #344
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGranite View Post
I spoke with IK customer service and they said that even though I owned many T-Racks 5 processors, they didn’t apply because I purchased them via a group buy so I wasn’t eligible for the coupon.

I’m not super impressed with this response as I did still purchase those plugins through an IK approved process rather than used etc. It’s almost like we’re being punished for taking part in their own official promotion. No biggie but enough to make me walk away from MixBox for now.
Yeah I agree, that's quite harsh imo.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #345
Here for the gear
 

Didn't read the whole thread so this may have already been requested - it would be great to have an up / down arrow (like the master preset menu) next to each module selector so that you can quickly cycle through different related modules without having to click and find the menu each time.

Also, master wet / dry is a must.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #346
Gear Nut
 

Pulled the trigger, and really like it! One thing I would like to see is ability to make default presets for each module. Workflow is fast now, but it would be even faster if each module loads with my preferred settings.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #347
Gear Nut
 
Chipirones's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Williams View Post
Also, master wet / dry is a must.
BUMP!!!
Old 2 weeks ago
  #348
Lives for gear
 
chrisdee's Avatar
Would be nice if it wasn't so CPU intensive. Please omptimize so it's easy on the CPU. Also no latency would be nice.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #349
Gear Guru
 
Jeezo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdee View Post
Would be nice if it wasn't so CPU intensive. Please omptimize so it's easy on the CPU. Also no latency would be nice.
You have to know what modules to use , but yeah the trap is that it's so fun that you can forget about cpu and keep stacking fun modules ...lol
Old 2 weeks ago
  #350
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommijk View Post
Pulled the trigger, and really like it! One thing I would like to see is ability to make default presets for each module. Workflow is fast now, but it would be even faster if each module loads with my preferred settings.
Thanks for the feedback! Glad you like it When you load a module, you can load a preset for that module at the bottom of the screen. Use the button in the lower left to show these presets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGranite View Post
I spoke with IK customer service and they said that even though I owned many T-Racks 5 processors, they didn’t apply because I purchased them via a group buy so I wasn’t eligible for the coupon.

I’m not super impressed with this response as I did still purchase those plugins through an IK approved process rather than used etc. It’s almost like we’re being punished for taking part in their own official promotion. No biggie but enough to make me walk away from MixBox for now.
I went ahead and sent you a message. While you did not qualify for the code, we found a route to get you close to the same pricing using Jam Points and the Crossgrade discount. We would next want to have anyone feel 'punished' from our pricing options. We look forward to helping you get the best price and get back to making some music.


Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdee View Post
Would be nice if it wasn't so CPU intensive. Please omptimize so it's easy on the CPU. Also no latency would be nice.
What modules are you using? Shoot me a PM and I can check into what you're experiencing. CPU is pretty low. There are some heavier modules by nature, like the CONVOROOM.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #351
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_IK View Post
When you load a module, you can load a preset for that module at the bottom of the screen. Use the button in the lower left to show these presets.
Yes, you can make presets.. but not DEFAULT presets for the modules. I make default presets for almost every plugin I own, just to save few extra steps.
Old 1 week ago
  #352
Company Rep
 
Peter - IK's Avatar
 

We also have a short video from Jonah Wei-Haas about MixBox

https://youtu.be/eP869PreNRs

Old 1 week ago
  #353
Company Rep
 
Peter - IK's Avatar
 

We're live for #AESorg (AES 2020) with Calico on MixBox :

http://bit.ly/ikaes2020
Old 12 hours ago
  #354
Lives for gear
 

I tried the demo and love Mixbox, it’s intuitive and fast and sounds great (love the SaturatorX!!! They should make it hardware)
I don’t get all the criticism by people who owns TRacks!
If you already own the modules you need then this product is not for you. £99 for this is really a bargain, considering the flexibility and speed of use.
T racks is a different beast, but just because someone bought that shouldn’t feel like everything is due and mixbox should be free. It is a different product for different purpose. If you bought t racks and you happy then use it and you don’t need mixbox. But in fact you should give it a try with the demo as it’s a different beast and definitively worth it. I can’t see all the hate.

Well don’t IK multimedia it’s a nice release.

I would have the mix slider always visible and the link with input output of saturatorX as in the original - just a small suggestion for a great product
Old 11 hours ago
  #355
Lives for gear
 

Was just going to get this, but am I right in thinking that if you have the automatic $50 crossgrade coupon you can’t use Jampoints?
Old 9 hours ago
  #356
Lives for gear
 
Sleazy_Rider's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twrogstudio View Post
Was just going to get this, but am I right in thinking that if you have the automatic $50 crossgrade coupon you can’t use Jampoints?
Jam points don’t work with coupon.
📝 Reply
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear
Forum Jump
Forum Jump