The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
HoRNet DoIn: plugin downloader and installer
Old 16th September 2020
Lives for gear

Software HoRNet DoIn: plugin downloader and installer

HoRNet Plugins releases DoIn, a utility designed to help you download, install and manage your HoRNet plugins.

The utility is available for mac and windows (only 64bit) and can be downloaded for free directly from your user area on https://www.hornetplugins.com

Saverio
Old 16th September 2020
Lives for gear

Hey Saverio, I raised a ticked but it's a bit hit-and-miss on Windows 10. On my main DAW I get a script error every time and I can't log in. On another PC I got the error about 5 times and then it let me log in ok. When it worked, it worked very well.

Also, if I click on the hornet link in the text, I get sent to a website called kidzout.com. Cool website but my kids are both at university so not so useful to me
Attached Thumbnails
HoRNet DoIn: plugin downloader and installer-hornetdoin1.png   HoRNet DoIn: plugin downloader and installer-hornetdoin2.png  
Old 16th September 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cprompt View Post
Hey Saverio, I raised a ticked but it's a bit hit-and-miss on Windows 10. On my main DAW I get a script error every time and I can't log in. On another PC I got the error about 5 times and then it let me log in ok. When it worked, it worked very well.

Also, if I click on the hornet link in the text, I get sent to a website called kidzout.com. Cool website but my kids are both at university so not so useful to me
Hi thank you for reporting, except for the wrong website address, would you mind telling me which error you get when launching the app?

Saverio
Old 16th September 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoRNet View Post
Hi thank you for reporting, except for the wrong website address, would you mind telling me which error you get when launching the app?
Here's the screenshot:
Attached Thumbnails
HoRNet DoIn: plugin downloader and installer-hornetdoin.png  
Old 16th September 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cprompt View Post
Here's the screenshot:
I got this when I was running it from inside zip file. After extracting and running as administrator it worked fine

EDIT: First few install worked fine then that script error showed alongside corrupt data folder error. My data folder now showing following!:

C:\\Program Files\\Steinberg\\VSTPlugins\\Hornet
Old 16th September 2020
Gear Addict

Very handy plugin Saverio, single click to install/update all would be sweet

Also please remember username and plugin over more than one session
Old 16th September 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMaloogalooga View Post
Very handy plugin Saverio, single click to install/update all would be sweet

Also please remember username and plugin over more than one session
Haha yes, I suggested exactly the same things in my support ticket to Saverio earlier. Just being able to hit Update All and not worry about which ones have been updated would be awesome.
Old 16th September 2020
Gear Nut

That seems like a good thing for people who - like me - now own several Hornet plugins. Will try tomorrow!
Old 17th September 2020
Gear Nut

Just tested DoIn and all in all it works nicely, make it easy to manage my dozen+ Hornet plugins.

Positive:
I can select which plugin format i want to install (NI and several other vendors: this is how it's done!)
Simple. no-nonsense app, no installation needed (again, other vendors, take notice)

Weird problem: The first time I started it (as a normal user), I got a script error message. I then did a "run as administrator" and it worked, weirdly, after that, even if I started it as a non-privileged user, it always asked for administrator permissions.

Feature requests (of course! )
- It would be nice if DoIn could somehow show which versions of the plugins I already have installed. As of now, I have to boot my DAW, open the plugin manager and check manually. Or install every plugin, whether it is current or not.
- +1 on "update all"
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMaloogalooga View Post
First few install worked fine then that script error showed alongside corrupt data folder error. My data folder now showing following!:

C:\\Program Files\\Steinberg\\VSTPlugins\\Hornet
Yes, I got the same error on Win 10. It converted the backslashes into double backslashes creating an invalid plug in path. I also initially got the Javascript error.

I think there needs to be some beta testing before things are released to everyone.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Hi everyone, thank you for the positive reactions and the suggestions and also for the bug reports.

We have a new version of the tool for download that should fix the issues with windows and improve the overall experience on mac too.

Unless there are more platform bug like this one we should be able to push updates transparently so in the next months we'll add all the features requested and also fix smaller bugs without you needing to re-download the utility.

Saverio
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

It's a small thing, but it would be nice to be able to copy/paste the Name and Password, rather than typing them each time.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear