The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
DMZN The Drip '63 Tube-Driven Spring Reverb for Acustica Audio's Nebula
Old 15th September 2020
Lives for gear

DMZN The Drip '63 Tube-Driven Spring Reverb for Acustica Audio's Nebula

If you like that classic, drippy, vacuum tube-driven, drippy spring reverb sound, check out my very first product, The Drip '63!

It's a library for Acustica Audio's Nebula.

The Drip '63 sounds great on vocals, guitars, drums, and pretty much anything that needs that drip! Surfy guitars, dubby drums and synths...? Slap some character on 'em with 'The Drip'.

(Thanks for the demo, Andy!)

It was available for purchase it here:

https://gum.co/QDogP

EDIT: The Drip '63 is not currently for sell. I'm hoping to bring it back, soon. In the meantime, please enjoy these free GIFT/DEMOs:

https://gum.co/PanDO

https://gum.co/CTDTQa

https://gum.co/RyqHL

Last edited by wagz; 2 weeks ago at 09:35 AM.. Reason: Added UPDATES
Old 15th September 2020
Lives for gear

Audio Clips

Here are some clips that I made to give you an idea of what this thing sounds like:
Attached Files

SlowGroove A DRY.mp3 (432.3 KB, 1477 views)

SlowGroove A The Drip 63 THE SHOWMAN Preset .mp3 (471.0 KB, 1487 views)

SlowGroove A The Drip 63 DARK Preset .mp3 (471.0 KB, 1441 views)

SlowGroove A The Drip 63 DRIPPY Preset .mp3 (471.0 KB, 1417 views)

SlowGroove A The Drip 63 MISTER MAXIMUM Preset .mp3 (471.0 KB, 1448 views)

SlowGroove A The Drip 63 MISTER MOTO Preset .mp3 (471.0 KB, 1424 views)

James May On The Line Mandolin DRY .mp3 (3.58 MB, 1496 views)

James May On The Line Mandolin The Drip 63 MIDDLE Preset .mp3 (3.43 MB, 1496 views)

James May On The Line Vocal DRY.mp3 (3.27 MB, 1460 views)

James May On The Line Vocal The Drip 63 DARK Preset.mp3 (3.40 MB, 1488 views)

James May On The Line Vocal The Drip 63 DRIPPY Preset.mp3 (3.40 MB, 1469 views)

James May On The Line Vocal The Drip 63 EIGHTS Preset.mp3 (3.40 MB, 1469 views)

James May On The Line Vocal The Drip 63 GIFT_DEMO LOCKED SHORT Preset.mp3 (3.40 MB, 1446 views)

James May On The Line Vocal The Drip 63 HI-LITE Preset.mp3 (3.40 MB, 1449 views)

James May On The Line Vocal The Drip 63 LOCKED Preset.mp3 (3.40 MB, 1445 views)

James May On The Line Vocal The Drip 63 MAXIMUM Preset.mp3 (3.40 MB, 1446 views)

James May On The Line Vocal The Drip 63 MIDDLE Preset.mp3 (3.40 MB, 1438 views)

James May On The Line Vocal The Drip 63 MISTER MOTO Preset.mp3 (3.40 MB, 1429 views)

James May On The Line Vocal The Drip 63 RELAX Preset.mp3 (3.40 MB, 1433 views)

James May On The Line Vocal The Drip 63 SEVENS Preset.mp3 (3.40 MB, 1423 views)

James May On The Line Vocal The Drip 63 THE BEAST Preset.mp3 (3.40 MB, 1439 views)

James May On The Line Vocal The Drip 63 THE SHOWMAN Preset.mp3 (3.40 MB, 1439 views)

Old 15th September 2020
Gear Maniac

Sounds good. I would like to hear it beside both, Audio Thing and Arturia's Spring plugins. I would almost download the demo, but I can only imagine what the CPU will be like with this thing.
Old 15th September 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by melodic dreamer View Post
Sounds good. I would like to hear it beside both, Audio Thing and Arturia's Spring plugins. I would almost download the demo, but I can only imagine what the CPU will be like with this thing.
Thanks! I worked hard on it. This whole thing is new to me.

I haven't heard any plugin that sounds closer to the real deal than The Drip '63. Obviously, I'm biased, though.

The CPU hit isn't bad, provided that you use the 'Setups' that come with 'The Drip'. Basically, you trade higher latency for better CPU handling.

BTW, if you upload a short clip, I can process it through 'The Drip' to give you an idea of what it might have to offer.

Speaking of demos, you've probably already seen it. But, this is a free preset that I'm giving away to the community:

44 and 48 kHz:

https://gum.co/PanDO
Old 15th September 2020
Lives for gear

Niiiiiiiiiiiiice niiiiiiiiice, Congrats first on your first release, looks and sound very promising from the Demo. Bravo,

Really wish you'll take the route as well to make an Aqua version of your plugin not be only Nebula ONLY.

Gonna try this for sure ;-)

Keep up the great work
Old 15th September 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagz View Post
If you like that classic, drippy, vacuum tube-driven, drippy spring reverb sound, check out my very first product, The Drip '63!

It's a library for Acustica Audio's Nebula.

The Drip '63 sounds great on vocals, guitars, drums, and pretty much anything that needs that drip! Surfy guitars, dubby drums and synths...? Slap some character on 'em with 'The Drip'.

(Thanks for the demo, Andy!)

You can purchase it here:

https://gum.co/QDogP
Dude! I’ve been waiting for somebody to do this since I got suckered into nebula years ago!! Where have you been?!

Great job
Old 15th September 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar View Post
Niiiiiiiiiiiiice niiiiiiiiice, Congrats first on your first release, looks and sound very promising from the Demo. Bravo,

Really wish you'll take the route as well to make an Aqua version of your plugin not be only Nebula ONLY.

Gonna try this for sure ;-)

Keep up the great work

I want to become an official third-party dev, if AA will let me.
Old 15th September 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post
Dude! I’ve been waiting for somebody to do this since I got suckered into nebula years ago!! Where have you been?!
Texas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post
Great job
Thanks!!!
Old 15th September 2020
Lives for gear

Congrats on the release!
Old 15th September 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Congrats on the release!
Thanks, b0se! You have no idea how strange it is for me to have done this. I mean, it's rare that I ever do anything. Now, I have a Nebula library?! Weird.
Old 15th September 2020
Talking

Quote:
Thanks, b0se! You have no idea how strange it is for me to have done this. I mean, it's rare that I ever do anything. Now, I have a Nebula library?! Weird.
I think i will have to buy this for this statement alone.
Old 15th September 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by long_time_lurker View Post
I think i will have to buy this for this statement alone.
Sweet!

Awesome name, BTW! I lurked here at GS for many years. They gave me this marker saying that I've been here for 15 years. But, that doesn't cover all of the years I spent lurking, following the really cool conversations about gear that I'll never get to handle and pros that I'll never get to meet.
Old 15th September 2020
Lives for gear

I’ll probably buy the ”all samplerates” package, if only to support @ wagz , but am I the only person that would prefer a 44.1/96 combo discount?
Old 15th September 2020
Lives for gear

I’ll probably buy the ”all samplerates” package, if only to support @ wagz , but am I the only person that would prefer a 44.1/96 combo discount?
Old 15th September 2020
Gear Head
I bought it, but I'm having issues - it breaks up and is unusable as it is, and the GUi does not show up when I click the preset (only when I load it from Finder, weird). It would have been nice to know ahead of time that you need a specific version of N4, which could be my problem. Also, such high latency means I can't use it for jamming or recording. Otherwise, I love the concept, the GUI, and the sound (at least, from what I can tell in-between breaking up). Maybe I did not do something correct during install and configuration, but I had done a similar setup with the Phonocamptica skin and was having no issues.
Old 15th September 2020
Lives for gear

DONE. It's available NOW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vze26m98 View Post
I'll make a 44/86 kHz. Package. Gimme a sec. OK?
Old 15th September 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'll make a 44/96 kHz. Package. Gimme a sec. OK?
Thanks, and take your time. I’ll check Gumroad at the end of the day, and tomorrow morning, etc.

Congrats, @ wagz !
Old 15th September 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sealsongs View Post
I bought it, but I'm having issues - it breaks up and is unusable as it is, and the GUi does not show up when I click the preset (only when I load it from Finder, weird). It would have been nice to know ahead of time that you need a specific version of N4, which could be my problem. Also, such high latency means I can't use it for jamming or recording. Otherwise, I love the concept, the GUI, and the sound (at least, from what I can tell in-between breaking up). Maybe I did not do something correct during install and configuration, but I had done a similar setup with the Phonocamptica skin and was having no issues.
Hi, sealsongs.

Hmmm. I think that you're experiencing issues because you aren't running the 'Setup' that I included.

(After dragging the files to their corresponding folders...)

Basically, in N4, you go to 'Setups', double-click the name of the setup, select the plugin format you want (I choose VST3, personally), then hit 'Save'. It will create a plugin from that 'Setup' info. So, re-scan your plugins or re-open your DAW, and you should see it. You don't have to do any tweaking for latency - because it's been edited in advance on the 'Setup'.

Also, with Max's skins, you typically don't want to load them via the 'Finder' - because they take on the settings that you have N4 set for. I think that's why you're having crackling issues.
Old 16th September 2020
Lives for gear

More clips.

Let's say these clips are 50/50 (wet and dry). I think this dude's vocal would sound awesome at 100% on the DRIPPY preset. But, (sigh) I dialed it back... Whatever.
Old 16th September 2020
Old 16th September 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiodistortion View Post
This is one of many of my little noodling sessions. I'm bummed because it printed wrong. (The drums shouldn't be there at the beginning. But, I'm too tired to go fix it right now...)

There's just a little 'Drip' on the center guitar.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Thank you all for checking out The Drip '63!

I'm throwing around some different ideas and trying to learn some skills. Depending on how things go, I'll release more Nebula libraries. Until then, please, enjoy 'The Drip'.

Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Thumbs up

Nice guitar playing, wagz
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Logan View Post
Nice guitar playing, wagz
Thanks, Ben!!!!!

(I found a bunch of outtakes that I probably recorded way back when I got my DI.)
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks, Ben!!!!!

(I found a bunch of outtakes that I probably recorded way back when I got my DI.)
Hi Wagz. Someone just commented on the demo video that the gumroad link says that "This product is not currently for sale."
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy McGroarty View Post
Hi Wagz. Someone just commented on the demo video that the gumroad link says that "This product is not currently for sale."
Hi, Andy! That's true. The Drip '63 is currently not for sale. I pulled it from the market three days ago because official third-party devs can only sell through Aquarius. At the moment, I'm still an unofficial dev. I'm hoping to change that and make The Drip '63 available again early next year.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hi, Andy! That's true. The Drip '63 is currently not for sale. I pulled it from the market three days ago because official third-party devs can only sell through Aquarius. At the moment, I'm still an unofficial dev. I'm hoping to change that and make The Drip '63 available again early next year.
Aha, ok, I’ll pass this on. So those of us who got it were lucky then!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Aha, ok, I’ll pass this on. So those of us who got it were lucky then!
Cool. Thanks, Andy. I really do appreciate you making that video demo, too!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Cool. Thanks, Andy. I really do appreciate you making that video demo, too!
No problem man, my pleasure and I’m happy to do more for you in the future, just let me know when. In the meantime do you think I should maybe unlist the video? Keep it live if you have the link but it’s no available to the public, or just remove it from YouTube? Obviously I’ll still have a copy.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
No problem man, my pleasure and I’m happy to do more for you in the future, just let me know when. In the meantime do you think I should maybe unlist the video? Keep it live if you have the link but it’s no available to the public, or just remove it from YouTube? Obviously I’ll still have a copy.
IMO, you should just keep the video up, Andy. It's a fine demo!
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear