The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
TELEFUNKEN V311 TUBE PREAMPLIFIER! (MIC-PRE & DI) IR'S By PTF Reverbs
Old 12th September 2020
Lives for gear

Thumbs up TELEFUNKEN V311 TUBE PREAMPLIFIER! (MIC-PRE & DI) IR'S By PTF Reverbs

TELEFUNKEN V311 TUBE PREAMPLIFIER! (MIC-PRE & DI) IR'S By PTF Reverbs-telefunken-v311-tube-preamplifier-cover.jpg

TELEFUNKEN ELA V311 TUBE PREAMPLIFIER! (MIC-PRE & DI)

A very rare hidden gem

Vintage Telefunken Tube amplifier from the ‘50s

For the first time in the world, this preamplifier has been sampled

This unit has an amazing sounding Microphone and Aux Inputs that we have successfully captured.

Sounds Fat and Thick as Mic-Pre and D.I.

Sounds amazing on vocals, guitars, drums & full mixes

You will get 9 IR’s in this pack

(24Bit/96kHz Wav Files)

Check Out The OFF-ON Demos!

Available now at; www.gumroad.com/pasttofuturereverbs

We are proud to bring you sounds you can’t find anywhere else!

A Past to Future Release
Attached Thumbnails
TELEFUNKEN V311 TUBE PREAMPLIFIER! (MIC-PRE & DI) IR'S By PTF Reverbs-telefunken-v311-tube-preamplifier-cover.jpg  
Old 14th September 2020
Nice gear, but IRs? You know they dont capture any of the harmonic distortion / compression the original introduces - which is the main thing of these devices?
Old 14th September 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by XARC Mastering View Post
Nice gear, but IRs? You know they dont capture any of the harmonic distortion / compression the original introduces - which is the main thing of these devices?
Sure we know that but don’t underestimate an IR the main thing is not the harmonic distortion or compression. They are at the second place.
Check out our Telefunken m15 or studer a80 IR‘s and how great they sound.
Old 14th September 2020
I, unfortunately, can´t agree with that statement. The harmonic distortion (and distortion in general) is the essence of these amps. The frequency and phase response (which normal IR´s like these capture) are very much second nature.
Old 14th September 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
I, unfortunately, can´t agree with that statement. The harmonic distortion (and distortion in general) is the essence of these amps. The frequency and phase response (which normal IR´s like these capture) are very much second nature.
I didn’t say it is not the part of it but not the at the first place only maybe if you want to drive it hard.
If you don’t drive it hard and compare the hardware to the Ir they pretty much sound the same.
But thanks for writing.
Old 15th September 2020
Gear Nut

I was also skeptical these IRs though, their IRs are fun to taste. (I had a chance to use some of them because I bought P2F's summer bundle.) Even only frequency responce re-creation, sometime it might suited to me for some taste. And also I can use them with bunch of other saturator plugins. Maybe I'll use these IRs with airwindows saturators since Airwindows saturators are basically flat frequency response.
Old 15th September 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kojei View Post
I was also skeptical these IRs though, their IRs are fun to taste. (I had a chance to use some of them because I bought P2F's summer bundle.) Even only frequency responce re-creation, sometime it might suited to me for some taste. And also I can use them with bunch of other saturator plugins. Maybe I'll use these IRs with airwindows saturators since Airwindows saturators are basically flat frequency response.
That is a great idea!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
This same thing happens every time they release IRs like this... or when asked why they bother recording IRs through a tape machine... same answer that makes no sense and leaves me scratching my head...
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Bought about half the PTF drum kits. Love them! Also own their Rhodes. Didn’t know about PtFReverbs until just now. The demo of this product sounds cool to me. Overused quote, but... “If it sounds good, it is good.” These guys are all about vibe. I dig it.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastToFuture View Post
That is a great idea!
My two cents, attaching some information of these sampled equipment to manual might add extra worth to your libraries. For example, THD vs Frequency plots, Harmonic Distortion of test tone.. These information of distortion are really valuable in my opinion. You could do measure when sampling these equipment. DDMF's PluginDoctor let you get easy plots from analog gear.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Logan View Post
Bought about half the PTF drum kits. Love them! Also own their Rhodes. Didn’t know about PtFReverbs until just now. The demo of this product sounds cool to me. Overused quote, but... “If it sounds good, it is good.” These guys are all about vibe. I dig it.
Thanks a lot!
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear