The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Overloud VOICE - Complete Vocal Production
Old 8th September 2020
Here for the gear
Overloud VOICE - Complete Vocal Production

New from Overloud - Gem VOICE is one comprehensive vocal production plug-in with modules based on analog processors.

Gem VOICE includes:

Mic Preamplifier (4 models)
Tape Simulator (3 tapes + 3 special modes)
Vocal Enhancer
De-Boxer and De-Esser
Dynamic Processor with compressors (5 models) and an expander-gate
Equalizer (5 models)
Space Processor / Reverb Unit
Analog Delay
Master Section with optional Limiter
Interactive Dynamic Graph
Interactive EQ Graph

Gem VOICE speeds up vocal production workflow with no-compromise sound quality, thanks to Overloud's award-winning analog emulation technology. Build complete vocal sound chains from scratch with just a few clicks or select one of the many presets designed by professional sound engineers for inspirational starting points or for polished, tried and true tones.

Not only is Gem VOICE perfect for vocal tracks in a musical context, it also includes dedicated presets for post-production work such as Podcasting, Voice Overs, Audiobook recordings, dialogue, and even special vocal effects.

More information + free 14 day trial: https://www.ilio.com/overloud-gem-voice
Old 8th September 2020
Lives for gear

Are these modules based on your current plugins or are these new modules coded from ground up?
Old 8th September 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevon View Post
Are these modules based on your current plugins or are these new modules coded from ground up?
Was asking myself the very same question...looks like their previous plugins adapted to channel strip format.
Old 8th September 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endor View Post
Was asking myself the very same question...looks like their previous plugins adapted to channel strip format.
A bit of both maybe?
If I didn't have so many plugins already I would probably be interested in this.
But it's alot of plugins for a vocal track.
Usually I often need eq+comp+de-esser. Then the effects comes as sends
But overloud usually makes decent plugins.
Old 8th September 2020
Lives for gear

Not a fan of these kind of tools but I suppose it's targeted at a certain market. Hope it goes well for them.

Missing a trick not having two comp units though? FET > Opto is a vocal staple for a reason.
Old 8th September 2020
Lives for gear

Hopefully to the comp is more then a one knob Compressor. No threshold, no attack, no release or even a knee?
Old 9th September 2020
Lives for gear

Some other audio demos
Old 9th September 2020
Lives for gear

Not a very long intro offer period so best get demoing quickly.
Old 9th September 2020
Here for the gear

Hmmmm... if a vocal needs that much processing, it might be time to consider getting a new singer
Old 9th September 2020
Gear Maniac

GUI looks like a Marvel's comic. Soundwise, it's just okay...

The worst part, you don't have control over EQ pre/post reverb or delay.

I don't think anybody uses reverb or delay without removing mud/high end or carving out frequencies for vocals.

No pre-delay too. The FX section thus becomes absolutely useless.

Each time I see new companies making 500 style rack plugins, I see how good Slate Digital looks and sounds like. @ Steven Slate thanks for keeping a standard for years.
Old 9th September 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziko123 View Post
GUI looks like a Marvel's comic. Soundwise, it's just okay...

The worst part, you don't have control over EQ pre/post reverb or delay.

I don't think anybody uses reverb or delay without removing mud/high end or carving out frequencies for vocals.

No pre-delay too. The FX section thus becomes absolutely useless.

Each time I see new companies making 500 style rack plugins, I see how good Slate Digital looks and sounds like. @ Steven Slate thanks for keeping a standard for years.
I have the slate rack don't use much anymore but I think the best rack is psp infinity. I'll probably pass on this since I have psp and you pointed out some major flaws for me as well as other ones I noticed
Old 9th September 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by NekujaK View Post
Hmmmm... if a vocal needs that much processing, it might be time to consider getting a new singer
It's not about vocals but about need of the song.
There are many times when vocals require multiple processing, small small 0.5 db/1db EQ boosts/cuts on particular frequencies, Compression on series. Because a lot of things are going in a song..
Maybe the vocal fx is clashing with certain 400Hz of main vocals or electric guitar's reverb clashing with 1Khz on it.

Tweaking-listening-tweaking, in series or stages requires multiple chain.
Old 9th September 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NekujaK View Post
Really?
First, it depends on the song

Second, does it say somewhere use ALL processors at once
Old 9th September 2020
Lives for gear

overloud site is down, too much connections I guess
Old 9th September 2020
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziko123 View Post
It's not about vocals but about need of the song.
There are many times when vocals require multiple processing, small small 0.5 db/1db EQ boosts/cuts on particular frequencies, Compression on series. Because a lot of things are going in a song..
Maybe the vocal fx is clashing with certain 400Hz of main vocals or electric guitar's reverb clashing with 1Khz on it.

Tweaking-listening-tweaking, in series or stages requires multiple chain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Crush View Post
Really?
First, it depends on the song

Second, does it say somewhere use ALL processors at once
I guess the wink emoji in my post didn't adequately convey my sarcasm.

Yes, of course all processing and mixing decisions depend on the material and desired outcome. I was just bristling a bit at yet another all-in-one kitchen sink effects package, because for the uninitiated, effects compilations like this can create the impression that all of the included processing is always necessary.

For vocals in particular, it can be important not to over-process. But yeah, musical style and overall production intent is the guiding light.
Old 9th September 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick81 View Post
Some other audio demos
wow, just for the amount of presets and variety of results that can be obtained, it is already worth it for that price.

thanks for the video!
Old 9th September 2020
Gear Addict

Do these plugin developers really intend to sell plugins with these sort of demo videos (WTF diet got to do in a track ?!??!?) Better "let go" of that no 2 menu @ Macdonald's......

Is there some millennial trend I'm missing here??????
Old 9th September 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usgggg View Post
Do these plugin developers really intend to sell plugins with these sort of demo videos (WTF diet got to do in a track ?!??!?) Better "let go" of that no 2 menus @ Macdonald's......
That was one of my song buddy and me singing! just chill out.
Old 9th September 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick81 View Post
That was one of my song buddy and me singing! just chill out.
Didn't mean to disrespect your "art" like that buddy......

I guess you're hungry......

Must be a generation or normative gap I presume.

Old 9th September 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usgggg View Post
Didn't mean to disrespect your "art" like that buddy......

I guess you're hungry......

Must be a generation or normative gap I presume.

All good dude! it was just a metaphore between food/diet and romantic relationships. trying to be creative here

To fully appreciate my song maybe check out also the stop motion animated music video I directed myself. I will shamelessly promote myself and make you hungry and hopefully not angry peace

Old 9th September 2020
Gear Addict

It's not a big issue, but I think it would be nice if the preamps had auto-gain compensation.
Old 9th September 2020
Gear Nut

No LUFS based auto gain matching in 2020 is just sad...
Old 9th September 2020
XDX
Gear Head

None of my plugins have that lol. Guess that makes me a sad mixer.
Old 9th September 2020
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Zeronaut View Post
No LUFS based auto gain matching in 2020 is just sad...
I've only referenced LUFS when mastering full mixes. Never heard of LUFS being used to determine the loudness of individual vocal stems or individual effects. But maybe I'm behind the times...
Old 10th September 2020
Gear Nut

I mention lufs specifically because its the most modern and usual way to determine loudness for quite some time already...

most (if not all) melda plugins have AGC (autogain compensation)

many tbproaudio plugins have ab-lm (auto gain match feature)

fabfilter pro-q3 has autogain function

those are the first to come to mind but Im sure there´s many more
Old 10th September 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Zeronaut View Post
I mention lufs specifically because its the most modern and usual way to determine loudness for quite some time already...

most (if not all) melda plugins have AGC (autogain compensation)

many tbproaudio plugins have ab-lm (auto gain match feature)

fabfilter pro-q3 has autogain function

those are the first to come to mind but Im sure there´s many more
You mean if you eq or compress something it doesnt get louder?

Its handy but no fun Stuff getting louder is half the fun when mixing
Old 10th September 2020
Here for the gear
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevon View Post
Great question, it would make sense that they would be. The short answer is we aren't entirely sure. We do know that the reverb for example is designed by MoReVoX, the same designers behind REmatrix.

Either way if you like the GEMs, you can expect the same Class-A DSP engineering in VOICE.
Old 11th September 2020
Gear Head

Quite good. While it probably includes repackaged versions of several Overloud plugins that I already own, the workflow is nice. As you'd expect, it also works well with all sorts of other sound sources, not just vocals.

Some things I'd like to see added in a future update:
• A feedback control on the delay module
• The ability to place the delay module before the reverb module (I'm assuming the signal flow is the same as what you see on the GUI)
• Q controls on the EQ module
• Attack/release controls on the compressor module
• A resizable interface

Maybe it's time for Overloud to release a free effects rack, similar to Waves/Soundtoys, so users can create/store custom effects chains with the Overloud plugins they own?
Old 11th September 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamont Cranston View Post

Maybe it's time for Overloud to release a free effects rack, similar to Waves/Soundtoys, so users can create/store custom effects chains with the Overloud plugins they own?
The Effects Rack thing would be a good idea.
Old 12th September 2020
Gear Guru

Would have loved a deploser , received recently a band recording to mix , and i just discovered that in my zillions plugins , i have no deploser , don t want to go editor fir that , and vocalstrip from ssl is one of the few that does it .... overloud should have implemented this
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear