The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Overloud VOICE - Complete Vocal Production
Old 12th September 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
Would have loved a deploser , received recently a band recording to mix , and i just discovered that in my zillions plugins , i have no deploser , don t want to go editor fir that , and vocalstrip from ssl is one of the few that does it .... overloud should have implemented this
Excuse ignorance, but what is a deploser?
Old 12th September 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Would have loved a deploser , received recently a band recording to mix , and i just discovered that in my zillions plugins , i have no deploser , don t want to go editor fir that , and vocalstrip from ssl is one of the few that does it .... overloud should have implemented this
Izotope RX De-plosive?!
Old 12th September 2020
Gear Addict

Here is the Oxford dictionary definition:

A deploser removes or defuses the pops and mic bumps that goes exppppPPPPppplosive in the night.
Old 12th September 2020
Lives for gear

For me this is a bit like the Harrison one on intro pricing a few days back - good for quick vocal sketch but not enough control for proper final mix.
Old 12th September 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 View Post
For me this is a bit like the Harrison one on intro pricing a few days back - good for quick vocal sketch but not enough control for proper final mix.
What is your impression of the mic amplifiers and tape simulators?
Old 12th September 2020
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrustycans View Post
Izotope RX De-plosive?!
Do i have to by the whole rx suite to get it ?
Old 12th September 2020
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevon View Post
Excuse ignorance, but what is a deploser?
It handle "p"'s ilke a desser handle "s"s . P ´s are called plosif , transient and heavy bass generated ...usually handle by anti pop filter and angled mics technics ... but sometime you get chaety takes ....like i did. Lol ..
Old 12th September 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
It handle "p"'s ilke a desser handle "s"s . P ´s are called plosif , transient and heavy bass generated ...usually handle by anti pop filter and angled mics technics ... but sometime you get chaety takes ....like i did. Lol ..
I get it now a de-plosive plugin. I thought you meant something else. I just used the one in rx
Old 12th September 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Do i have to by the whole rx suite to get it ?
Yep, think so! I’ve just had a free update to RX8 after buying 7 recently, not had chance to try the de-plosive yet but worth a go! Love the de-clickers.
Old 13th September 2020
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevon View Post
I get it now a de-plosive plugin. I thought you meant something else. I just used the one in rx
Yep seems like izotope rx might be something to get at one point , thing is i usually handle recording or have great ones lol ... so a deploser is needed like once a year , used to edit word by word ....but kinda lazy sometime lol became to used to this new era ....
Old 13th September 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrustycans View Post
Yep, think so! I’ve just had a free update to RX8 after buying 7 recently, not had chance to try the de-plosive yet but worth a go! Love the de-clickers.
Me too seriously saved my ass before. I put mouth de click on every vocal just as a habit. I feel spoiled in 2020
Old 13th September 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick81 View Post
All good dude! it was just a metaphore between food/diet and romantic relationships. trying to be creative here

To fully appreciate my song maybe check out also the stop motion animated music video I directed myself. I will shamelessly promote myself and make you hungry and hopefully not angry peace
Man - that's good stuff. Very well done!
Old 13th September 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wineshop View Post
Man - that's good stuff. Very well done!
Thanks friend
Old 13th September 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durk Diggler View Post
What is your impression of the mic amplifiers and tape simulators?
My impression of the overall unit including the above was very good. I really like Overloud's GEM line of plugins. I might even still (probably will due to the GAS lol ) get this as I will find it great for making really quick ideas of what I am after, especially when layering vocals etc.

However I feel as others have posted that maybe a bit more detailed control could make this really an all-in-one plugin rather than having to bring in quite a few other plugins in the chain with it.
Old 18th September 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziko123 View Post
GUI looks like a Marvel's comic. Soundwise, it's just okay...

The worst part, you don't have control over EQ pre/post reverb or delay.

I don't think anybody uses reverb or delay without removing mud/high end or carving out frequencies for vocals.

No pre-delay too. The FX section thus becomes absolutely useless.

Each time I see new companies making 500 style rack plugins, I see how good Slate Digital looks and sounds like. @ Steven Slate thanks for keeping a standard for years.
Totally agree with this. Though i think the new PSP one looks pretty cool too - non slimmed down tools, plus they generally sound great. Even then, i haven't checked it out yet because for me, the Slate 500 style is the one.
The API style EQ is the best i have heard, Distressor is absolutely brilliant, consoles still rock, Tubes series.
I do wish they developed more for it, but overall it is awesome.
Between Slate, Kush and Fuse, thats pretty much all the 'analog' type stuff i use nowadays, along with DMG track comp.

I find having less tools in my everyday arsenal makes me way more productive. Less time agonizing over pointless decisions.

The one thing i find interesting in this package is the space module. Supposedly its lots of short impulses. Will test it out today.
Old 19th September 2020
Gear Addict

If the algos are based on existing plugins, is it fair to assume that the mic preamps are from their "Tapedesk" ?
Old 20th September 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisame View Post
If the algos are based on existing plugins, is it fair to assume that the mic preamps are from their "Tapedesk" ?
The sun 69 is a new one I think.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I should say i also agree with Bose they missed a trick here not having 1176 into La-2a. Seeing as they make great recreations of both, i assumed that was one of the reasons they chose to do a 'vocal strip'
Missed opportunity.
I think there is a lot to like about this. The space section is interesting. But ultimately, nowhere near enough control for me.

As much as i would like this, it has made me think maybe i should just pull the trigger on the La-2a and 1176. Was super impressed by the opto. Hell, i don't even own the fairchild yet.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

I'm thninking this will complement iZotope's Nectar just right.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear