Native Instruments announces Komplete 13 and Guitar Rig Pro 6 - Page 2 - Gearslutz
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Native Instruments announces Komplete 13 and Guitar Rig Pro 6
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

just checked it today.
didn't like the new amps in all honesty. at all. sadly
interested if the new amps the add further down the road could redeem their ICM tech
but so far - don't like it especially comparing to something like Neural DSP
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massan View Post
new amps the add further down the road
Hopefully they don't start adding expansions and stuff, and any new amps are just given to GR6 owners. Maybe i'm being naïve in this day and age though.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezul View Post
Hopefully they don't start adding expansions and stuff, and any new amps are just given to GR6 owners. Maybe i'm being naïve in this day and age though.
I don't see NI adding much if anything to GR6 tbh as they don't tend to prioritise their guitar amp sims amongst their products.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy777 View Post
I have Komplete 12 Select from my Maschine Mk3 and it's $399 to upgrade to Komplete 13 now.

I read they did 50% off upgrades last year in December. Is that a pretty regular annual sale that they have? I'd like to upgrade now but if it's around 50% off typically I can wait till BF or December.
It did become a standard that a year after release it was 50% off updates and upgrades from the last few editions. However since the leadership of NI has changed now this may no longer be the case. Probably a wait and see scenario or get it now if you can't wait that long etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by insider9 View Post
My understanding is that 50% off on BF sales is regular. I'm also waiting not just form Native Instruments but Celemony and a few others.

If this is incorrect can someone please put me out of my misery
It has never been the BF right after release, always the BF the following year.

Celemony might have some kind of sale towards the end of this year but since the 5th edition is relatively still new it would be another hope they do and not a definite.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

So I went through NI's own videos for GR6 and it was very frustrating honestly. GUI updates are nice and all, but that's not nearly enough. They're talking about how their "machine learning" technologies will provide more additions to the roster, but what about the existing ones, which make up almost all the essential amps? Judging from the video, I really don't think they were updated at all, they still sound very, very flat and unresponsive. NI either doesn't understand (unlikely) or doesn't really care (more likely) that guitar amp modelling has entered a new era with Nembrini, Neural etc. on the plug-in side, not even counting Axe and Kempler. I'm guessing that they have given up on GR as a competitive product, it's just there to make their roster (aimed for EDM) complete. It's not a really big loss, but GR was my entry to amp plugins and I still very much prefer its workflow over other amp packs and use it as my practice suite, so I was hoping the update would be more substantial. Like GR6 sounding better than Bias (which is a low bar to set) would be enough, but this isn't even there. And they're flaunting that cabs come from Sigma and Ownhammer, baah, you can't polish those amps
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

To be fair in my opinion the new cabs do improve the old amps.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear
I like the new Guitar Rig 6 but I hope someone sues NI for the noise the demo makes after 30 minutes. It's just set up right to damage someone's hearing our their monitors...
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladthepoet View Post
To be fair in my opinion the new cabs do improve the old amps.
in my opinion too, i like the new guitar rig pro 6. i am not a guitar player, but i use an electric guitar, for, soundscapes.. or something..
it is fun to play guitar again with pro 6.

the new cabs are a real improvement. also the interface. in my humble opinion..

but this about komplete 13, i have komplete 11 ultimate + komplete 13 now.
if you skip a number, then it is quite bargain (buying komplete 12 in september..).

so all the discussions about massive x, i skipped.. (although, i read here on gearslutz, the alias discussing, thé hype of these days, of course some plugins do alias, some by design.., some by bug.. i already used massive x, i like it more than i had anticipated. i demoed it, some time ago, the sound is good, but it wasn't enough to take the step. but besides some shortcomings, and i have also a maschine mk3+jam, so i have.. maschine 2.12.1.. no aftertouch. and i hope it will become MPE. to be used in other DAW's...)

super 8 sounds wonderfull, i had my eye on it.

so from 11 to 13, you get a lot, that i like. kontakt 6, still so small, but scripting is more accessible, so i wil dive into it. not too deep..
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by smtlci View Post
So I went through NI's own videos for GR6 and it was very frustrating honestly. GUI updates are nice and all, but that's not nearly enough. They're talking about how their "machine learning" technologies will provide more additions to the roster, but what about the existing ones, which make up almost all the essential amps? Judging from the video, I really don't think they were updated at all, they still sound very, very flat and unresponsive. NI either doesn't understand (unlikely) or doesn't really care (more likely) that guitar amp modelling has entered a new era with Nembrini, Neural etc. on the plug-in side, not even counting Axe and Kempler. I'm guessing that they have given up on GR as a competitive product, it's just there to make their roster (aimed for EDM) complete. It's not a really big loss, but GR was my entry to amp plugins and I still very much prefer its workflow over other amp packs and use it as my practice suite, so I was hoping the update would be more substantial. Like GR6 sounding better than Bias (which is a low bar to set) would be enough, but this isn't even there. And they're flaunting that cabs come from Sigma and Ownhammer, baah, you can't polish those amps
I commented early on in this thread that although they said the new tech allows them to build their models better and faster, it did *not* say "so all your GR 5 favourites now sound better than ever". On the other hand, when they got to the current library, they made a point of saying the GUI was updated. So, no; it's clear that they've all got the new GUI, but only the new amps use the new tech.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Would’ve been nice to have seen a few new filters considering all the options NI have within Reaktor, Massive X etc...
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear