The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Leapwing releases RootOne, a unique multi-band subharmonics generator and shaper
Old 31st August 2020
Leapwing releases RootOne, a unique multi-band subharmonics generator and shaper

BELGIUM, August 31st, 2020. Leapwing is proud to announce ‘RootOne’, a brand-new plugin that gives punch to your low-end!

Leapwing continues to challenge the status quo with new solutions. With RootOne they release their fourth plugin, building on their existing reputation for audio quality. Just like previous plugins, RootOne was born from necessity and experience. As Robin Reumers, co-founder of Leapwing, explains: “The 3 of us, as well as other engineers we talked to, were often dissatisfied with traditional subharmonics generators. They often cause phase shifting in the low-end, resulting in a sense of detachment from the original sound. We therefore wanted to develop a new approach for generating low frequencies.”

This inspired the Leapwing team to create their own analysis-synthesis algorithm, which allows users to generate the cleanest subharmonics possible, phase-aligned with the original sound.

RootOne lets you set 3 low frequency bands with variable crossover frequencies. After careful amplitude and phase analysis, each band looks for a frequency an octave above and generates a clean subharmonic note within the selected band.

Each band gives the user control over

1. drive: decide how much of each subharmonic to send to the saturation section
2. dynamics: control how dynamic your low-end will be while tracking the original amplitude shape
3. decay: shape the amplitude decay curve all the way from brief to extended decay

And last but not least, there is an additional 4th “harmonics” band, focused around the lower midrange, where you can add saturation. This allows low frequency sounds to cut through on smaller speakers. All in all, you’re given immense control over your low-end to create new artistic possibilities!

Key Features
• Unique Subharmonics Generator: proprietary algorithm for the cleanest low frequencies.
• Pitch Follower and Phase Alignment: instead of simply pitch shifting the signal, we use advanced analysis to generate subharmonics that are phase-aligned with the source.
• Full Harmonics Shaping: saturation module allows you to shape midrange harmonics, letting them to cut through on smaller speakers
• Ultimate dynamics, drive and decay control: immense control to get your newly generated subharmonics exactly how you want them
• Simple yet Beautiful Design: Modern resizable Retina interface with unique design for an optimal workflow
• Multiple DAW & OS Compatibility: Available on Mac OSX (10.10 +), Windows 8, 10 (64-bit only) in AAX-Native, VST, VST3 and AU
Leapwing Audio RootOne is now available for EUR 199, USD 199 or GBP 179, and you can download a free 30-day trial: https://www.leapwingaudio.com/rootone

About the Leapwing team:

We love analog and we love digital. We also recognise that there are things you can’t do in the analog domain. Many companies do analog emulation well so instead we focus solely on unique digital tools that shape and improve sound.

All our plugins are built with the same goal in mind: Focus your precious time on creativity and let our plugins do the work for you. Because of this, we make the interfaces minimalistic and incredibly easy to use.

More about the Leapwing team: https://www.leapwingaudio.com/about-us/
Attached Thumbnails
Leapwing releases RootOne, a unique multi-band subharmonics generator and shaper-rootoneperspective.jpg  
Old 31st August 2020
Gear Maniac

Now this is cool. Leapwing always makes great stuff!
Old 31st August 2020
Lives for gear

I use DynOne and StageOne in all my session! Can't wait to try this one out!

I do hope they have a loyalty discount given for this one.
Old 31st August 2020
Gear Nut

boom! (pun intended)
can't wait to try it out
Old 31st August 2020
Lives for gear

Leapwing makes top notch plugins. Not cheap at all, but its quality.

A intro price or a loyalty discount would be still very welcomed here
Old 31st August 2020
Gear Head

I new plugin from Leapwing is always very exciting!!
and yes yes yes: a loyalty discount (I own all other three plugins) would be very cool.

For the moment I only had time for a peek (one drum-loop / one synthbass-loop) and so far it seems to work and sound very very good, and the harmonics above-option is great and very helpful.
But of course the amout of added subbass / harmonics above is always a matter of taste, so the presets might be for some just a starting point.

A question to the devs:
what I instantly missed is a "mute" for each of the 4 sections, did you left that out on purpose?

Would it be possible to integrate that in the next update?
Doesn't have to be a new column under each fader - a [cntr/opt/cmd] click on a fader to mute that section would sure work as well.
That would be really great, because I think it is absolutely necessary for finding the best balance without having to always fiddle with the volume fader of a section.
Old 31st August 2020
Lives for gear
Leapwing = Yes totally. Awesome plugins!!!!

Will demo later but pretty sure this is another purchase.
Old 31st August 2020
This looks like something i'll wanna use in every mix

If only i could afford it

Last edited by Barncore; 31st August 2020 at 01:16 PM..
Old 31st August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribbonmicguy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by alibling View Post

Agreed. Having bought all three previous plugins, I'll pass unless there is a loyalty offer.
Old 31st August 2020
Lives for gear

StageOne and DynOne are really good.

But this seems too expensive for what it does, but I leave to any potential buyer to judge that.
Old 31st August 2020
Lives for gear

+1 for a loyalty discount if you own all three other products and I’m in. I’m sure it’s incredible.
Old 31st August 2020
Lives for gear

I also have all the previous three plugins, which are superb and get used all the time. But I think this one is also so much worth the asking price. Control and sound quality of generates sub and upper harmonics is superb. You can really nail low end with this one. Definitely the most powerful and best sounding plugin in its class.
Old 31st August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOh View Post
StageOne and DynOne are really good.

But this seems too expensive for what it does, but I leave to any potential buyer to judge that.
It's the same discussion on every new product post, and I agree. They have a standard price of € 199 for all products and personally I do not find much sense.

centerone 199, the same price as dynone, which I think is more sophisticated and offers much more.
Old 31st August 2020
Lives for gear

Now this looks very interesting indeed. One thing I noticed about Leapwing plugins that I've tried is that they are CPU heavy. But daaamn they sound great. If the Devs would take time to do any Voodoo coding to make their plugins less CPU hungry would be amaaaazing I personally find.

Gonna try this one out later today ;-)
Old 31st August 2020
Lives for gear

20% off that’s what the Facebook page says
Old 31st August 2020
Lives for gear

Comparison to Ozone nine low end focus?
Old 31st August 2020
Lives for gear

Thanks for the heads up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelDroste View Post
20% off that’s what the Facebook page says
Old 31st August 2020
Gear Head

199$ da fuh you smokin?
Old 31st August 2020
Here for the gear

Hi all, yes we do apply 20% loyalty discount upon checkout. So once you add the plugin to the cart (and you already own any of our other plugins), you should see the 20% applied.
Old 31st August 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribbonmicguy View Post

Yes, 20% for existing customers, you will find that discount in the checkout
Old 31st August 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by alibling View Post

20% for existing customers
Old 31st August 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Agreed. Having bought all three previous plugins, I'll pass unless there is a loyalty offer.
There is a 20% for existing customers indeed
Old 31st August 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwuw View Post
I new plugin from Leapwing is always very exciting!!
and yes yes yes: a loyalty discount (I own all other three plugins) would be very cool.

For the moment I only had time for a peek (one drum-loop / one synthbass-loop) and so far it seems to work and sound very very good, and the harmonics above-option is great and very helpful.
But of course the amout of added subbass / harmonics above is always a matter of taste, so the presets might be for some just a starting point.

A question to the devs:
what I instantly missed is a "mute" for each of the 4 sections, did you left that out on purpose?

Would it be possible to integrate that in the next update?
Doesn't have to be a new column under each fader - a [cntr/opt/cmd] click on a fader to mute that section would sure work as well.
That would be really great, because I think it is absolutely necessary for finding the best balance without having to always fiddle with the volume fader of a section.
thanks for the feedback, we will share it with the team!
Old 31st August 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienaircraft View Post
199$ da fuh you smokin?
It’s to keep the riff-raff out
Old 31st August 2020
Gear Maniac

Emy..I just sent you a PM concerning a problem with the StageOne plugin..

Thanks,
LC
Old 31st August 2020
Here for the gear

Anyone have opinions on how this compares to VOG or bx_subsynth?
Old 31st August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by emy_knopfler View Post
20% for existing customers
Thank you
Old 31st August 2020
Lives for gear

Im In - made the drums better subtle use for me
Old 31st August 2020
Lives for gear

Sounds really good!
Old 31st August 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by lclyman View Post
Emy..I just sent you a PM concerning a problem with the StageOne plugin..

Thanks,
LC
Can't find your message, can you reach out to [email protected] ?
Thank you!
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear