sonible releases source-adaptive reverb plug-in - Page 4 - Gearslutz
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
sonible releases source-adaptive reverb plug-in
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonio View Post
Yes, still here.

Well... without going into too much details here, the whole idea with "live" plug-ins is great - but unfortunately platforms like e.g. Waves SoundGrid aren't really built for the stuff we're doing with our plug-ins.

Since we need a fair amount of processing when analyzing a signal, we'd need some kind of non real-time background thread to efficiently do our stuff on live systems. And that's quite tricky when living in the hard real-time domain...

So currently our plan is to make all our future products zero latency (at least optionally, meaning that they can also be used live), but without aiming for an explicit "live" product line.

Thanks for your reply ;-)

I should clarify...I was thinking something along the lines of say 'Breverb's' ability to gate/adjust decay and such via source input volume.

So I was wondering if a 'smart' eq circuit could then adjust temporal/spatial parameters of your reverb algorithm in real-time based on input spectral changes?

To put another way....the analysis that currently occurs in 'smart: EQ live' and then adjusts it's filters...would 'and/or' adjust say, for instance, decay time or some other parameter thus...more bass detected in source over time = less decay time of reverb for example)?
Old 4 weeks ago
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by izish
Another request, it would be good to make EQ controllable (active) during Infinity (he apply his curve to frozen imprint and becoming inactive).
Hm... yes, I guess that's technically possible - although it does have some quite big impact on the way the infinity reverb is currently computed. We'll evaluate the idea in one of our upcoming product design sessions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loopy C
So I was wondering if a 'smart' eq circuit could then adjust temporal/spatial parameters of your reverb algorithm in real-time based on input spectral changes?
Also the current implementation of smart:reverb adapts to the current input signal up to a certain extent. A constant in-depth analysis combined with a constantly changing reverb fingerprint would be quite heavy on the CPU. So in the end it's basically a question of performance vs CPU load. But yes, the more in-depth real-time analysis the better - so stay tuned.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Hm... yes, I guess that's technically possible - although it does have some quite big impact on the way the infinity reverb is currently computed. We'll evaluate the idea in one of our upcoming product design sessions.
Thanks. Well, just the reason why it desirable is that couple times i had been come across with situation when during infinity we produce some changes in our source\synth, and together with this is change our timbre respectively (infinity still works), and we get so to speak "locked" area in frozen spectrum, in which still sounds previous timbre impact, and we can nothing to do with this. EDIT: Can say, Infinity is stopped to be adaptive to changed source in this situation.

We could adjust EQ curve in realtime (by automation) during infinity, and kill\refresh this past\unnecessary spectrum area.

OR, we can disable\enable infinity again - but there is abruptly timbre transition problem mention before, at moment of enabling infinity (So this method not suited for changed source too).

So, principally, if solve this problem of rough enabling of inf. - perhaps will do not need to make EQ as active during inf.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
...So in the end it's basically a question of performance vs CPU load. But yes, the more in-depth real-time analysis the better - so stay tuned.
Gotcha, thanks for replying ;-)
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

I am not feeling it so much.

I do not know if I was expecting way more or wanted to be more interesting or is just not as good as I thought would be for me.

Definitely is not bad at all, yes I do not care about the AI aspect, is more about the creative side.

it is weird as I could not have a definitive answer yet, I have to try it few times more I guess.

anybody have a similar experience?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicStrike View Post
I am not feeling it so much.

I do not know if I was expecting way more or wanted to be more interesting or is just not as good as I thought would be for me.

Definitely is not bad at all, yes I do not care about the AI aspect, is more about the creative side.

it is weird as I could not have a definitive answer yet, I have to try it few times more I guess.

anybody have a similar experience?
Yes. Many comments through the post have been like that which is why the developer is taking the points made on board and will be looking at adding some of the requested features. This is why I have chosen to purchase.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 View Post
Yes. Many comments through the post have been like that which is why the developer is taking the points made on board and will be looking at adding some of the requested features. This is why I have chosen to purchase.
I find it not intuitive at all, as I said I do not care about the "Intelligent Part"....

I wanted pre delays and decay of the Freq of the reverb to be more intuitive
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I find it not intuitive at all, as I said I do not care about the "Intelligent Part"....

Yeah the pre-delay is bottom left within the time parameter. You can alter how it decays in the graph part.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head
Another thought, perhaps less priority (though i'm fan of long tails, but would not want to overload the author) but perhaps would be sense to increase maximum tail time (besides infinity mode), while currently is quite short (8 sec). Significant increasing (say, 60-100 sec) would helps for example arrange nice\smooth transition to infinity mode. Well, and for usual use it can be interesting thing ofcourse.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

Intuitive how? The dials are the with the duration clearly listed.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtROBOT View Post
Intuitive how? The dials are the with the duration clearly listed.
I do not find it so cool the way it is....
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut
Quote:
I do not find it so cool the way it is....
in what way could it be cooler?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Oh damn, Sonio wait, i just now tried to adjust EQ during infinity, and it works properly (have impact) ! Damn why i thought that it inactive during inf......wtf And it can be automated as well resp.
Sorry sorry man!
Disable this request please !
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:

Also the current implementation of smart:reverb adapts to the current input signal up to a certain extent. A constant in-depth analysis combined with a constantly changing reverb fingerprint would be quite heavy on the CPU. So in the end it's basically a question of performance vs CPU load. But yes, the more in-depth real-time analysis the better - so stay tuned.
that is awesome, the company really listen!!
Old 3 weeks ago
CGR
Gear Head

Quote:

The interactive graphic for adjusting frequency & time response is very intuitive in my opinion. Pre-delay control is a little confusing I agree.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Is this a real need? I find that if I'm hitting record on a send during the busiest part, I'm getting most of what I need. If I'm using it on a single instrument or voice then recording a small part gives me what I need for the whole track as well.

I'd prefer to not have something as heavy as adaptiverb that might as well be an offline plugin for how much I need to bounce the audio.

That being said, a kind of envelope follower or spectrum follower to drive some aspects of the reverb would be neat. Something as simple as more input signal = more reverb time or more specific as transients duck the wet signal under a certain threshold is interesting to me.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtROBOT View Post
Is this a real need? I find that if I'm hitting record on a send during the busiest part, I'm getting most of what I need. If I'm using it on a single instrument or voice then recording a small part gives me what I need for the whole track as well.

I'd prefer to not have something as heavy as adaptiverb that might as well be an offline plugin for how much I need to bounce the audio.

That being said, a kind of envelope follower or spectrum follower to drive some aspects of the reverb would be neat. Something as simple as more input signal = more reverb time or more specific as transients duck the wet signal under a certain threshold is interesting to me.
I demoed Adaptiverb and it has a low latency button you can click on which helps a lot with CPU and also allows you to test it out whilst playing through it.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by izish View Post
Oh damn, Sonio wait, i just now tried to adjust EQ during infinity, and it works properly (have impact) ! Damn why i thought that it inactive during inf......wtf And it can be automated as well resp.
Sorry sorry man!
Disable this request please !
Just for clarify - but about rough transition for Inf. enabling - still relevant, would be good to improve anyway.
Now it all.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut
EUR 249 vs EUR 49

Quote:
I demoed Adaptiverb and it has a low latency button you can click on which helps a lot with CPU and also allows you to test it out whilst playing through it.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by onehalph View Post
EUR 249 vs EUR 49
I don't understand?
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut
You tried to compare 2 price completely different things i guess

Quote:
I don't understand?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
You tried to compare 2 price completely different things i guess
No I wasn't even referring to smart:reverb. If you read what the poster I was making the comment to was saying Adaptiverb was really heavy on CPU and had a lot of latency. I just thought that even though it had no real relevance in this thread that I would try to help him with Adaptiverb that he all ready owned by informing him of the low latency mode on that plugin.

I wasn't comparing it to this as there is no similarity.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

does it determine what reverb to use on an instrument - in line with where that instrument fits within other instruments within the song. I mean an acoustic guitar could be the main voice, or an accompanying voice
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head
Quote:
I wasn't comparing it to this as there is no similarity.
Nonetheless this is are two quite similar products by idea (of spectrum adaptability).
And this is the only two reverbs of this kind on the market so far.

Quote:
EUR 249 vs EUR 49
249 vs 129
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear