The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
United Plugins unveils Quick AG
Old 5th August 2020
United Plugins unveils Quick AG

We proudly present the first fruit of the first cross-brand collaboration within United Plugins. The FireSonic and SounDevice Digital teams joined under Instant Audio brand and debut with their Quick AG.

Although it looks easy, mixing acoustic guitar, ukulele or mandolin is a very hard job. So many things can go wrong. That's why we created Quick AG - the shortcut to the perfect and natural acoustic instruments sound.

Acoustic Guitar Mixed Easily

Quick AG is here to set the sound for your acoustic instrument within a few seconds. Choose instrument type you are about to mix. Quick AG sets the hidden parameters of compressor and EQ to ideal positions. Still, you can tweak the body and spark to fit your recording.

Blend between three compressor types and three kinds of reverb. Ad stereo width, control transients and use naturally sounding doubler. Quick AG offers all that in one pack.

Grab the Intro Price - 81% off

Instant Audio Quick AG is an all-in-one acoustic guitar solution compatible with major VST/AAX/AU DAW applications on both Windows and macOS. The price is set to โ‚ฌ99. But you may grab the intro price which gives you 81% off (โ‚ฌ19) off until the end of August.

Old 6th August 2020
Gear Nut

What a fantastic looking interface! Well done.

At first I found it incredibly cluttered. Once I gave it a good look over I can see how its been nicely thought out to separate elements that are colour coded so you're unlikely to go for the wrong knob once you've given it a first test drive.

$19 intro pricing is very good too, seems United Plugins are gaining momentum and price wise this definitely brings people in. Im going to demo this and report back.
Old 6th August 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insanelysane View Post
What a fantastic looking interface! Well done.

At first I found it incredibly cluttered. Once I gave it a good look over I can see how its been nicely thought out to separate elements that are colour coded so you're unlikely to go for the wrong knob once you've given it a first test drive.

$19 intro pricing is very good too, seems United Plugins are gaining momentum and price wise this definitely brings people in. Im going to demo this and report back.
Thank you very much! I hope you will like it! Btw you can see my studio in the video :D
Old 6th August 2020
Gear Addict

What about CPU consumption?
Old 6th August 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_HS View Post
What about CPU consumption?
I have at home old i7 (2015) 20 tracks in cubase aprox 30% .
Old 6th August 2020
Gear Addict

I tried to buy. Paypal took the money, but when placing the order a sign "wrong country" appeared (I have Ukrainian Paypal, but in fact I live in Russia) and it was suggested to change the country and try again. I am afraid that I will have to pay again.
I have never had such problems before when paying through Paypal.
Old 6th August 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_HS View Post
I tried to buy. Paypal took the money, but when placing the order a sign "wrong country" appeared (I have Ukrainian Paypal, but in fact I live in Russia) and it was suggested to change the country and try again. I am afraid that I will have to pay again.
I have never had such problems before when paying through Paypal.
We use 3d party service for the payments. Please get to jakub at unitedplugins.com
Old 6th August 2020
Gear Addict

Paypal returned the money. I'll try another way later.
Old 6th August 2020
Lives for gear

Will try for sure,
even though I think the interface looks terrible.
- Sorry, just beeing honest.

Great intro price makes it an easy grab ...

Old 6th August 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemylon View Post
Will try for sure,
even though I think the interface looks terrible.
- Sorry, just beeing honest.

Great intro price makes it an easy grab ...

it is ok , not everybody loves blonds :D hope you will like it sonically though !
Old 6th August 2020
Gear Head

I think it's a really beautiful GUI and it's a original, fresh concept for a plugin. I really like your idea
Old 6th August 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinisterbr View Post
I think it's a really beautiful GUI and it's a original, fresh concept for a plugin. I really like your idea
Thanks a lot!
Old 6th August 2020
Here for the gear

Looks really interesting! I'll take it for a spin
Old 7th August 2020
I like the GUI, it has a Virtual Instrument feel..
Old 7th August 2020
I really like the GUI. It just makes me want to tweak away. Nice choice of colours and everything is clearly laid out and labelled.
Will definitely try it out.
Old 7th August 2020
Here for the gear

Its great on Drumloops
Old 7th August 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinisterbr View Post
Yeah.. why am I not surprised to see you once again trying to troll an United Plugins thread..
Nothing surprising, yep, it is actually good to have our own troll When I won Czech Grammy couple of years ago, I had one troll who spent energy to write me on daily basis a message or email, that he does not like me and my music It usually proves you are doing something right. Just man has to be careful to not feed ยดem with energy by answering...

Quote:
I really like the GUI. It just makes me want to tweak away. Nice choice of colours and everything is clearly laid out and labelled.
Will definitely try it out.
Quote:
I like the GUI, it has a Virtual Instrument feel..
Thanks a lot! We tried to make it different.
Old 7th August 2020
Gear Maniac

Mr. Carloff greetings sir!

Since United Plugins feel like guitars right now, could you please devote a bit of your time to this device, which sounds heavenly on guitars?

Not gonna go into backstory, it's as obscure as it is famous, the key to one of the most iconic guitar sounds ever. Not many people used this, but that one man who did, he like overcompensated.

Old 7th August 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwogo View Post
Mr. Carloff greetings sir!

Since United Plugins feel like guitars right now, could you please devote a bit of your time to this device, which sounds heavenly on guitars?

Not gonna go into backstory, it's as obscure as it is famous, the key to one of the most iconic guitar sounds ever. Not many people used this, but that one man who did, he like overcompensated.

We actually made a research about it and I cannot say more
Old 7th August 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
We actually made a research about it and I cannot say more
I'm gonna pass out

That rotary going into something like Binson Echorec. Clean tones for life.

Or Big Muff, Electric Mistress, rotary, delay = Comfortably Numb.

While not forgetting Verbum Hall for reverb, of course
Old 7th August 2020
Gear Maniac

I like what it does. makes sense.

the troll guy has his hands and ears grow from his rear hole. not that I care, but it's not the plugin's fault.

Old 7th August 2020
M2E
Lives for gear

I love the FET compressor on this unit. Nice and grabby. Also the doubler on BGV's is priceless with the plate reverb. Gotta love it!

Keep making great plugins guys!!!

Marc
Old 7th August 2020
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwogo View Post
I like what it does. makes sense.

the troll guy has his hands and ears grow from his rear hole. not that I care, but it's not the plugin's fault.

Bwogo, don't feed the troll. Forget about it, and let's keep focus on the thread subject, shall we?
Old 8th August 2020
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 View Post
To be fair stating an opinion doesn't seem like trolling...
Also maybe people should just agree that people will always think differently on some things and should just back up what they say after testing it by what they like or dislike about it and why.
Not if it's a pattern behavior against a developer. You probably didn't see how he acted in the FrontDAW thread.
And even if it wasn't, the way he expressed himself here is just plain rude. There's no need to trash someone's work like that.
Anyway, I do not want to derail the topic.
Kudos, Carloff!
Old 8th August 2020
Gear Head

I just finished a review of Quick AG complete with audio samples. I loved how the EQ center frequencies are tuned by the instrument selector, taking the guesswork and frustration out of EQing acoustic instruments. (Made me want to go buy a mandolin... )

I also enjoyed the blend-able compressor and reverb modes. I think it's a solid value for in-the-box recording.

Check out the full review here:

https://www.homestudiotoday.com/unit...ick-ag-review/

Cheers!
Old 8th August 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeStudioToday View Post
I just finished a review of Quick AG complete with audio samples. I loved how the EQ center frequencies are tuned by the instrument selector, taking the guesswork and frustration out of EQing acoustic instruments. (Made me want to go buy a mandolin... )

I also enjoyed the blend-able compressor and reverb modes. I think it's a solid value for in-the-box recording.

Check out the full review here:

https://www.homestudiotoday.com/unit...ick-ag-review/

Cheers!
Ahh that is great ! thank you!

PS could the moderator clean the mess in the thread?
Thanks
Old 9th August 2020
Old 23rd August 2020
Gear Addict

Playing around with this today and overall I'm very impressed. Might pick this up on sale, but I do have a few nagging issues and I'm wondering if you have any thoughts or considerations on addressing them?

1. compression metering. Without a threshold knob, I'm assuming we need to adjust the input level to get the desired compression which is fine. But without any sort of compression metering, its hard to fine tune the compressor. A solution would be to either have a switch on the input meter to show gain reduction, or make it so if you click on the input meter graphic it switches to showing Gain reduction. Click it again and you go back to input monitoring. Compression is hard to hear until its too much, so visual feedback is important IMO

2. Compressor attack control. Is there a specific reason why you left off the attack parameter, but gave us a release parameter? IMO Attack is more important than release, especially in controlling the pick sound of the acoustic guitar, but perhaps there is a reason why its missing? Maybe you can add a feature where if you click on the name of the module, you get access to "expert mode" where you get full access to the compressor parameters for adjusting attack, release, ratio, threshold, etc. In fact I think this could be applied to each module for more fine tune control.

3. Default of the transient designer is set to 100% negative. Is it possible to make this default to the middle / 0% effect? I will turn on the Xtra section to mess with the width controls and instantly all my attack is gone and it freaks me out every time, lol.

I must say I was immediately impressed with the quick and easy controls as it was able to shape my guitar tracks into usability very quickly, especially with the EQ, but then when I moved from broad strokes to wanting to really tweak the sound, I was immediately frustrated by the lack of controls in this plugin. Any chance of getting a sort of "expert mode" where you can access more controls and parameters?
Old 25th August 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGK_Dude View Post
Playing around with this today and overall I'm very impressed. Might pick this up on sale, but I do have a few nagging issues and I'm wondering if you have any thoughts or considerations on addressing them?

1. compression metering. Without a threshold knob, I'm assuming we need to adjust the input level to get the desired compression which is fine. But without any sort of compression metering, its hard to fine tune the compressor. A solution would be to either have a switch on the input meter to show gain reduction, or make it so if you click on the input meter graphic it switches to showing Gain reduction. Click it again and you go back to input monitoring. Compression is hard to hear until its too much, so visual feedback is important IMO

2. Compressor attack control. Is there a specific reason why you left off the attack parameter, but gave us a release parameter? IMO Attack is more important than release, especially in controlling the pick sound of the acoustic guitar, but perhaps there is a reason why its missing? Maybe you can add a feature where if you click on the name of the module, you get access to "expert mode" where you get full access to the compressor parameters for adjusting attack, release, ratio, threshold, etc. In fact I think this could be applied to each module for more fine tune control.

3. Default of the transient designer is set to 100% negative. Is it possible to make this default to the middle / 0% effect? I will turn on the Xtra section to mess with the width controls and instantly all my attack is gone and it freaks me out every time, lol.

I must say I was immediately impressed with the quick and easy controls as it was able to shape my guitar tracks into usability very quickly, especially with the EQ, but then when I moved from broad strokes to wanting to really tweak the sound, I was immediately frustrated by the lack of controls in this plugin. Any chance of getting a sort of "expert mode" where you can access more controls and parameters?
Hey! thanks for the informative post.
ad 1) yes good point but must solve it with colleagues
2) the attack is reacting with compression knob, so it is more like all (except release) knob
3) good point, we will make it
Glad you like it though!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Although the controls are very limited and streamlined, 20 bucks for a half-decent FET & vari-mu comp, transient designer, reverb, EQ, and stereo doubler, seems like value for money - even if you don't record acoustic guitars. Am I wrong? Someone talk me out of it.
๐Ÿ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
๐Ÿ–จ๏ธ Show Printable Version
โœ‰๏ธ Email this Page
๐Ÿ” Search thread
๐ŸŽ™๏ธ View mentioned gear