is on par with mdw 5 and q3 -
though Q3 sounds a bit more gentle / softer
and has more options.

For 100 bucks there´s nothing
one can do wrong here.

To me the weiss EQ still is the best of the best
but until I have an über ARM mac I will be happy
to do most mixing with big frequ alone.
Yup. I don't even reach for another EQ now - it's always Big Freq first now.
Old 19 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy2039 View Post
Yup. I don't even reach for another EQ now - it's always Big Freq first now.
Same here, mainly for single tracks. I prefer Maat Blue for buss because of LR & MS. The FrEQ replaced the Sonnox EQ for individual tracks in my case.

Also during the last week im prefering Bettermaker EQ232d over UAD Pultec as im mixing some dance music and urban .. the BM is tighter in the low end with great transient response.
Old 15 hours ago
The Distressor's "daddy"

Weekend & Another Rev Coming

Music Maniacs!

Well another weekend is here. Lawdy that week went fast for me. It was a good week though.

I am testing a new MAC build currently, BTW. Again, I may reach out to a few of you to help test, especially if you have mentioned a related problem. There will be a New Release early next week. We have been averaging about 1 revision a week, as we cram for a solid, full Rev 1 release.

Just read through the last couple pages and can address some quick questions and issues.

Shaman - Thank you for your glowing comments, your tests and observations. We plan on improving everything, too. Ha

AAX-DSP - We are definitely considering this, but it wouldn't be available until after Rev 1. But too much interest to ignore.

Mid/Side Processing - We also have plans for this and it is relatively simple, compared to some other stuff.

Auto On - We will give this option shortly, but it could be right after Rev 1.

Click in Bypass - We have made this a little better, but still have some tweaking to do. If you bypass the plug in a mix, doing it in a silent spot is safe. Some Daws have no click, but there are things we can do to improve it across the board.

Pro Tools Quit Time - Bgrotto, we are aware of this and are ourselves quite aggravated by it. Looking for the mechanism currently.

The Sale will end with the Rev 1 release, which has not been firmly established yet, but is not far off. We will give everyone notice before the release. There will always be sales every few months, but the $99 is the lowest price you may see for a year or more.

Will be posting more this weekend, friends.

Last edited by Dave Derr; 13 hours ago at 07:10 AM..
Old 14 hours ago
Lives for gear

Thank you @ Dave Derr !

Best news for today!
Old 11 hours ago
Gear Maniac

really enjoying in the Big Freq

feature request!
i assume someone else has already mentioned this, but i'll put it up just in case;

it'd be great to be able to turn on/off oversampling for all Big Freq instances from one single instance (like Kush's Novatron).

if there's already a way to do this, please enlighten me
Old 2 hours ago
Here for the gear

I’ll start with with how amazing this thing sounds. Dave you nailed creating a character EQ that has personality for days and I love it.

What I’m not most in love with is how crashy it’s behaving in Cubase 10.5 (on Windows 10). I have a pretty big orchestral template and it’s the only plugin causing a crash on my otherwise bulletproof stable system.

I’ve tried to use in several projects but once my session starts to get a bit CPU-intense (approaching 70% load in Cubase) Cubase immediately crashes. 5 crashes in several days means unfortunately I cannot use it on time-sensitive mission critical work “yet”.

I did a full sweep of my plugins over an exhaustive 3 hour period to find out that it’s Big Freq that’s responsible. The only fix is to remove the BigFreq.vst file from the VST3 folder, reopen the project, and then remove all instances of BigFreq (which are now just placeholders in Cubase since it’s removed from the VST3 folder). I then have to save the project under a new name. Cubase must then be completely shut down in order to do it’s full memory-release. Then, and ONLY then can I reintroduce BigFreq back into the VST3 folder and reopen the new “safe” version of the project sans all BigFreq instances. I am only THEN able to re-add back in instances of BigFreq. It’s a huge PITA to have to do this repeatedly, and I have annoyingly done so because this thing sounds SO DAMN GOOD and I want to use it on everything!

Longtime lurker, but finally wanted to jump in here. Absolutely loving the fast upfront transients this thing is preserving on huge sounding Hollywood drums! Dave PLEASE fix so it’s running stable on Windows too!

Arouser is my fav compressor btw, it gets used everyday, everywhere.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear