The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
MOTOWN STRINGS FOR KONTAKT By Past To Future
Old 31st July 2020
  #1
Lives for gear
 
PastToFuture's Avatar
 

Cool MOTOWN STRINGS FOR KONTAKT By Past To Future

MOTOWN STRINGS FOR KONTAKT By Past To Future-motown-strings-cover.jpg

MOTOWN STRINGS FOR KONTAKT!

Our long-awaited Motown Strings library

Perfect for your recordings that need string sounds from that magic era

*24bit/48khz

*Easy to use simple Kontakt interface!

*Mixable EMT 140 Plate Reverb

*Mod-Wheel control for Stereo-Width!

*Round-Robin and Velocity behavior

*String Quartet Recorded with Ribbon Mics RCA-77 to Tape

*Kontakt 5.4.3

Check out the demos!





Available now at; www.gumroad.com/pasttofuturereverbs

We are proud to bring you sounds you can’t find anywhere else!

© Past to Future Reverbs
Attached Thumbnails
MOTOWN STRINGS FOR KONTAKT By Past To Future-motown-strings-cover.jpg  
Old 31st July 2020
  #2
Lives for gear
 
valjean24601's Avatar
 

Hey,

Just curious about what string quartet you used to record these samples and where they're based?

Cheers,
Mark.
Old 31st July 2020
  #3
Lives for gear
 
PastToFuture's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by valjean24601 View Post
Hey,

Just curious about what string quartet you used to record these samples and where they're based?

Cheers,
Mark.
Violins; Yehudi Menuhin, Vanessa Mae ... just a joke

We made an announcement at our university and four talented (and patient) students were found.

But, the real motown sound comes from our analog post-processing
Old 1st August 2020
  #4
Gear Maniac
 

This is a sweet surprise....strings!!

PTF is getting better and better.
All your products are matchless. These are libraries with character, no clinically pure (digital dead sounded) music.

Man, listen to this demo, this track is incredible;
for me, it sounds like the real deal. Keep it up!
And yes, your videos are getting better too.
(Looking forward to next Friday.)
Old 1st August 2020
  #5
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
sounds like the real deal.
shame their Floyd Drums sound nothing like the real deal, despite bold claims.

they won't answer questions about the product or show any signs of support. no product thread either.

"abandoned upon release" is what it is.

it's a shame, really. lots of anticipation, poor on delivery. hope they make V2 of it someday and make an improvement. this had lots of potential. no need to sweep it under the carpet like that. just needs more time to get right.
Old 1st August 2020
  #6
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwogo View Post
shame their Floyd Drums sound nothing like the real deal, despite bold claims.
You mean Pasttofuturesamples? This is Pasttofuturereverbs. To my knowledge, these are two different companies.
Old 1st August 2020
  #7
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
these are two different companies.
not like MS and Apple different, I believe.

as long as it's Past to Future, they are related, whether it's "samples", "reverbs", or their new offspring "vintagedrumsamples". they just split their operations, so their Gumroad page won't get bloated. OK, smart, I don't have a problem with that.

it is peculiar Nirvana kit made it to "vintagedrumsamples", but Floyd Drums didn't. kind of backwards logic. but I don't really care.

they can create as many Gumroad pages as they want, not my biz. I just wish Floyd Drums sounded accurate. I mean, Nirvana kit is instantaneous "Smell like", yet "Breathe" demo is so far off DSOTM drums or any Floyd drum mix for that matter.
Old 1st August 2020
  #8
Gear Addict
 
volmccartney's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwogo View Post
not like MS and Apple different, I believe.

as long as it's Past to Future, they are related, whether it's "samples", "reverbs", or their new offspring "vintagedrumsamples". they just split their operations, so their Gumroad page won't get bloated. OK, smart, I don't have a problem with that.

it is peculiar Nirvana kit made it to "vintagedrumsamples", but Floyd Drums didn't. kind of backwards logic. but I don't really care.

they can create as many Gumroad pages as they want, not my biz. I just wish Floyd Drums sounded accurate. I mean, Nirvana kit is instantaneous "Smell like", yet "Breathe" demo is so far off DSOTM drums or any Floyd drum mix for that matter.
Hello, you can ask for a refund if you did not like the Floyd Drums so much. Shoot us an email.
Old 1st August 2020
  #9
Gear Maniac
 

let me get this straight. I'm not to diss the company in any way. I appreciate what you're trying to do with the "character" sounds.

California Drums sound like Fleetwood Mac and Eagles, great! Nirvana kit sounds like Nirvana, Tame Impala drums you have discontinued for some reason, sounded like Tame Impala. Motown drums sound like Motown, etc, etc.

So why on Earth Floyd Drums sound nothing like Pink Floyd drums?

I'm just genuinely upset. I've waited for Floyd Drums for years, and probably my expectations were set too high. But even if I expected too much from it, kill me if you please, but these two are completely different drum sounds. just the snare drum alone sounds nothing like "Breathe".



Old 1st August 2020
  #10
Lives for gear
 

Sounds like the strings in my Gforce Mellotron.

Tape wobble ala cart.
Old 1st August 2020
  #11
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwogo View Post
let me get this straight. I'm not to diss the company in any way. I appreciate what you're trying to do with the "character" sounds.

California Drums sound like Fleetwood Mac and Eagles, great! Nirvana kit sounds like Nirvana, Tame Impala drums you have discontinued for some reason, sounded like Tame Impala. Motown drums sound like Motown, etc, etc.

So why on Earth Floyd Drums sound nothing like Pink Floyd drums?

I'm just genuinely upset. I've waited for Floyd Drums for years, and probably my expectations were set too high. But even if I expected too much from it, kill me if you please, but these two are completely different drum sounds. just the snare drum alone sounds nothing like "Breathe".




You are reacting like something was owed to you. They created a product and it fell short of your expectations. They offered you a refund for their extremely fair priced product. What more do you want?
Old 1st August 2020
  #12
Lives for gear
 
PastToFuture's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehightenor View Post
Sounds like the strings in my Gforce Mellotron.

Tape wobble ala cart.
A bit maybe but only better Better samples, stereo to Mono modwheel, Round-Robbin and velocity behavior, emt reverb
I think the similar vibe comes from Tape and RCA ribbon mics.

Cheers
Old 1st August 2020
  #13
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
They created a product and it fell short of your expectations.
my expectations? lot of people mentioned it sounds nothing like Pink Floyd drums, despite bold marketing claims of "delivery".

not owed to me personally, as I'm not the only target audience, obviously, but previously when they claimed their samples sounded like the target band, it was true and a genuine claim. and I gave them credit for that. but this time it's a complete miss.

I didn't even buy it, because their demo completely turned me off, it sounds so blatantly wrong. besides, the kit is too small, Nick Mason never played a four piece drum kit, it was a six piece kit with two crashes and ride. so not only it sounds off, it's also limited in scope. why they did it that way? no one knows, they won't bother to explain.

fair pricing doesn't mean you can advertise the product as something it is not. in that case it becomes false advertising, regardless.

for me, it doesn't matter if it's 15 bucks or 150 bucks. as I said previously, all that matters is accuracy, not the price tag. as long as it's done right.

it's just unfortunate they didn't invest as much enthusiasm, time, energy, whatever it takes, to get Pink Floyd as a band its due. I feel like they did other artists they took on, so much justice, but in case of PF it's very lackluster and underwhelming and Pink Floyd just deserved more than this.

OK, whatever. I just hope someone gets Floyd Drums right one day. Someone pro, not an amateur hour.
Old 1st August 2020
  #14
Lives for gear
 
PastToFuture's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by broco View Post
This is a sweet surprise....strings!!

PTF is getting better and better.
All your products are matchless. These are libraries with character, no clinically pure (digital dead sounded) music.

Man, listen to this demo, this track is incredible;
for me, it sounds like the real deal. Keep it up!
And yes, your videos are getting better too.
(Looking forward to next Friday.)
Thanks a lot man!
Old 1st August 2020
  #15
Lives for gear
 
Pale Pyramid's Avatar
So they offer this dude a refund and he hasn’t even bought it.. still the twitter like execution continues.
Old 2nd August 2020
  #16
Lives for gear
 

Dude has issues.

I remember the same dude posting about the floyd drums in their previous product announcement thread also, the thread about the Nirvana drums.
Old 2nd August 2020
  #17
Lives for gear
 
Pale Pyramid's Avatar
Maybe COVID isolation is getting to him.
Don’t mean to bag on you my man

Last edited by Pale Pyramid; 2nd August 2020 at 06:42 AM.. Reason: Less is more
Old 2nd August 2020
  #18
Gear Head
 

The option to control the stereowidth via modwheel is also great.
Old 2nd August 2020
  #19
Lives for gear
 
PastToFuture's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzzler View Post
The option to control the stereowidth via modwheel is also great.
Thanks, in Motown records, it is usually in mono though
Old 2nd August 2020
  #20
Lives for gear
 
Agzilla's Avatar
 

LOVE this company and BUY loads of their stuff....

Fleetwood Drums are SUPERB!

STILL hoping and WAITING for them to do a really good PROPER Roots Reggae Kit... C'MON!!!!!!

Please?


Zz.
Old 3rd August 2020
  #21
Lives for gear
 
PastToFuture's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agzilla View Post
LOVE this company and BUY loads of their stuff....

Fleetwood Drums are SUPERB!

STILL hoping and WAITING for them to do a really good PROPER Roots Reggae Kit... C'MON!!!!!!

Please?


Zz.
Thanks a lot.

Well, we did at least The king tubby spring reverbs

Cheers
Old 3rd August 2020
  #22
Lives for gear
 
I.R.Baboon's Avatar
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastToFuture View Post

But, the real motown sound comes from our analog post-processing
I appreciate you want to sell your samples, but that's a pretty lame statement IMHO.
Old 3rd August 2020
  #23
Lives for gear
 
PastToFuture's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.R.Baboon View Post
I appreciate you want to sell your samples, but that's a pretty lame statement IMHO.
What’s lame about it?
Old 3rd August 2020
  #24
Lives for gear
 
PastToFuture's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.R.Baboon View Post
I appreciate you want to sell your samples, but that's a pretty lame statement IMHO.
I just meant, we got the most of that motown sound at the post production.
Old 3rd August 2020
  #25
Here for the gear
 

Just finished this song with your MOTOWN STRINGS!



Thx for all these nice instruments.
My favourits are JJ Bass, Rhodes and the Acoustic Strummer is unbelievable!
Old 3rd August 2020
  #26
Lives for gear
 
maxy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by any day long View Post
Just finished this song with your MOTOWN STRINGS!



Thx for all these nice instruments.
My favourits are JJ Bass, Rhodes and the Acoustic Strummer is unbelievable!
Nice work man! Sounds great! And on subject, the strings sound killer.
Old 4th August 2020
  #27
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by any day long View Post
Just finished this song with your MOTOWN STRINGS!



Thx for all these nice instruments.
My favourits are JJ Bass, Rhodes and the Acoustic Strummer is unbelievable!
what drums did you use on this? they sound great!!!
Old 4th August 2020
  #28
Lives for gear
These are amazing.
Volm, if you could achieve the amazingly unique sound of the strings on late-sixties James Bond soundtracks (specifically You Only Live Twice), I would be forever in your debt. I have wished for a sample library with that sound ever since the existence of sample libraries.
I am thinking I might be able to get close by layering your Motown strings a few times, slightly detuned. I will give it a shot.

Old 4th August 2020
  #29
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxy View Post
Nice work man! Sounds great! And on subject, the strings sound killer.
Thanks maxy!
I guess these drums are an upcoming library on vintagedrums. (PTF gave it to me to test it!)
Old 4th August 2020
  #30
Lives for gear
 
PastToFuture's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeegee 303 View Post
These are amazing.
Volm, if you could achieve the amazingly unique sound of the strings on late-sixties James Bond soundtracks (specifically You Only Live Twice), I would be forever in your debt. I have wished for a sample library with that sound ever since the existence of sample libraries.
I am thinking I might be able to get close by layering your Motown strings a few times, slightly detuned. I will give it a shot.

Thanks I will check this out for sure
📝 Reply
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear
Forum Jump
Forum Jump