The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
IK Multimedia releases T-RackS Space Delay plug-in
Old 3 weeks ago
News Desk Editor

IK Multimedia releases T-RackS Space Delay plug-in

IK Multimedia releases T-RackS Space Delay plug-in-unnamed-2020-07-16t111057.474.jpg

IK Multimedia releases T-RackS® Space Delay plug-in emulation of iconic tape delay unit

New plug-in recreates the iconic sound and character of a classic tape delay unit

July 16, 2020 - IK Multimedia has released T-RackS® Space Delay for its industry standard T-RackS mixing and mastering software workstation. This new vintage tape delay/spring reverb plug-in recreates the detailed character and sound of an iconic tape echo unit heard on countless albums and can be used both as a stand-alone plug-in or inside T-RackS 5.

Warm, lush tape echo sound
T-RackS Space Delay offers users a chance to enjoy the flexible controls and instantly recognizable organic sound of the classic Roland® RE-201 Space Echo™ delay unit, modelled with an unprecedented level of detail.

Using the same mix of dynamic convolution and physical modelling as IK's Tape Machine Collection, the T-RackS Space Delay captures the sound of this iconic effect, down to the finest detail. Just as on the original, users can enjoy experimenting with three playback heads, the variable speed motor and engage the spring reverb to create everything from subtle space to rich, swelling echos.

Re-creating the magic
Like the Tape Machine Collection, creating Space Delay began with an original unit restored to pristine, factory spec condition. Every design element was carefully analysed, inspected, and measured to create a precise physical model of every circuit, from the preamps to the playback heads.

The physical model, paired with a powerful dynamic convolution to capture every nuance of the spring reverb and other elements of the sound, results in breathtaking fidelity to the original unit.

Beyond Emulation
Space Delay also adds several thoughtful updates for easier integration with modern production techniques:

Stereo operation
Pan each of 3 playback heads and the spring reverb separately for immersive stereo soundscapes.

Input filters
Use the high-pass and low-pass input filters to further shape the sound before hitting the tape.

Ducking
Create dynamic echo effects or cut through a crowded mix with this convenient ducking feature.

Lo-Fi effects
Use dedicated controls for unit noise and tape age to easily add extra grit and grime to tracks for a more vintage sound.

Flexible use options
Like all T-RackS processors, T-RackS Space Delay offers two ways to work: as a single plug-in, or inside the T-RackS 5 shell itself.

About T-RackS 5
T-RackS 5 is the latest version of IK's industry standard mixing and mastering software workstation that has been used on countless albums by top engineers for more than 20 years. This powerful modular system offers maximum versatility via 45 high-quality processors (EQs, limiters, compressors, etc) that can be used in parallel or series, in a variety of working environments. In total, T-RackS 5 offers everything needed to professionally treat and finalize audio from raw mixes to a perfect finished product. For even more professional results, each version of T-RackS 5 also offers free downloadable signature presets from some of the industry's top engineers.

Pricing and availability
The T-RackS Space Delay is available now in the T-RackS Custom Shop, from the IK Multimedia online store and from authorized IK dealers worldwide for $/€99.99*.

From July 16 through September 15, 2020, owners of five or more T-RackS Singles and owners of T-RackS 5 SE, T-RackS 5, T-RackS 5 Deluxe or T-RackS 5 MAX will automatically receive a 20% discount when purchasing T-RackS Space Delay through the IK Multimedia online store.

* All prices excluding taxes

For more information about T-RackS Space Delay, please visit: www.ikmultimedia.com/trspacedelay

To see T-RackS Space Delay in action, visit: www.ikmultimedia.com/trspacedelay/video

Attached Thumbnails
IK Multimedia releases T-RackS Space Delay plug-in-unnamed-2020-07-16t111057.474.jpg  
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

IK multimedia releases T-RackS Space delay

New space echo delay style by IK Multimedia

T-RackS Space Delay Now Available - New plug-in recreates the iconic sound and character of a classic tape delay unit

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/trspacedelay/
Attached Thumbnails
IK Multimedia releases T-RackS Space Delay plug-in-5301ff50-de0d-45f4-b3f9-b94f7e93185e.jpg  
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Can ´t wait to demo this one when I ´m at home tonight!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

interessting, wonder how it sounds compared to audio thing outter space.

the demo sounds great
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Great, another delay

Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobGee View Post
Great, another delay

As long as the delays keep getting better sounding I will purchase them!
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

This looks very nice.

I have recent Arturia version and it’s also very good.

It’s one of the few delays I use that hadn’t been replaced by valhalla .

Also - this one has ducking which the Arturia doesn’t so, score one for IK.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Hmmmm... will really take a lot to sway me from Audiothing. Not sure I see things here which Outer Space doesn't have, except that IK is the current king of modelling IMO. Worth a go just for that!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I'm curious to see how it compares with UAD's version.
Old 3 weeks ago
Just started to try on different sources. This is the first delay plugin that convinces me from the first second on. I own a Roland Chorus Echo, the RE-501, and the space delay gets the sounds I am familiar with with no hassle. Something I didn't achieve with Outer Space and the Arturia one. It really sounds authentic and fantastic and is easy to use. Instant buy.
Old 3 weeks ago
Put it on a snare with 25 % wet and every single setting rocks... amazing. And the ducking feature is really useful also. IK - welllllll done!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
The fact that you have download the all the installers and then delete what you don't use puts me off. I hear it sounds great, but probably not great enough to make me go through this hassle.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcct View Post
The fact that you have download the all the installers and then delete what you don't use puts me off. I hear it sounds great, but probably not great enough to make me go through this hassle.
At least it doesn’t use iLok.
At least the computer it’s on doesn’t have to be connected to the internet in order to use the plugin.
At least...
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Looking forward to trying this.

As the tech is similar, is it right to assume the cpu hit will be similar?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geronimos Guitar View Post
Just started to try on different sources. This is the first delay plugin that convinces me from the first second on. I own a Roland Chorus Echo, the RE-501, and the space delay gets the sounds I am familiar with with no hassle. Something I didn't achieve with Outer Space and the Arturia one. It really sounds authentic and fantastic and is easy to use. Instant buy.
there goes my money
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Using the same mix of dynamic convolution and physical modelling as IK's Tape Machine Collection,
Hopefully it's not as heavy on the CPU as those...!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Can we use Jampoints on this ?

Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

So we cant use jampoints with this in combination with the cross grade discount?
It’s still 99 for me because of VAT btw.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyr View Post
So we cant use jampoints with this in combination with the cross grade discount?
At checkout it applies a 20€ voucher here
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

CPU?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Not complaining, just pointing out that the automatic loyalty discount applied during checkout on the IK site isn’t as rich as what I could get with jampoints. And, I’m unable to remove the discount to enable use of said jampoints. $10 isn’t worth a flame war, but some may find this limitation to be aggravating. Nevertheless, I’m buying it, demo sounds dope and panning the tape heads is neat-o.
Old 3 weeks ago
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobGee View Post
Great, another delay

This is a very specific tape-based delay/echo and has added modern touches to the emulation of the classic unit. The T-RackS Space Delay page has full information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneyBCN View Post
Hmmmm... will really take a lot to sway me from Audiothing. Not sure I see things here which Outer Space doesn't have, except that IK is the current king of modelling IMO. Worth a go just for that!
Check out the additional modern touches mentioned above and of course the sound quality (you can demo it, too) so I'm glad you are willing to give it a go!

Quote:
Quote:
Put it on a snare with 25 % wet and every single setting rocks... amazing. And the ducking feature is really useful also. IK - welllllll done!
Wow, thank you for such kind words! Definitely proud of this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfurry View Post
Looking forward to trying this.

As the tech is similar, is it right to assume the cpu hit will be similar?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honkermann View Post
Hopefully it's not as heavy on the CPU as those...!
It is not as CPU-intensive as T-RackS Tape Machines. It is not bad at all, and you can see how it runs on your system by giving the demo a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemylon View Post
Can we use Jampoints on this ?

Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyr View Post
The discount is an auto-applied coupon where owners of five or more T-RackS Singles and owners of T-RackS 5 SE, T-RackS 5, T-RackS 5 Deluxe or T-RackS 5 MAX will automatically receive a 20% discount when purchasing T-RackS Space Delay through the IK Multimedia online store. This cannot be combined with JamPoints but see below for more information there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManMulcahy View Post
Not complaining, just pointing out that the automatic loyalty discount applied during checkout on the IK site isn’t as rich as what I could get with jampoints. And, I’m unable to remove the discount to enable use of said jampoints. $10 isn’t worth a flame war, but some may find this limitation to be aggravating. Nevertheless, I’m buying it, demo sounds dope and panning the tape heads is neat-o.
Quote:
Originally Posted by filterfreak View Post
At checkout it applies a 20€ voucher here
Yes, per the above information (which is also mentioned in our news item announcing T-RackS Space Delay) there is a voucher applied. If you have issues with that, please let me know via PM and I'll see if there are any options available.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcct View Post
Who I was kidding... It's mine.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Great. Can’t wait to hear the comparison with the unit they modeled. Can’t find it on the website. But I’m sure it will be up there any second.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I bought re-201s when they were first released in 76 or 77. While they seemed too clean in mixes compared to patching in an Echoplex, they were sometimes sorta ok. The reverb side of the dial was imo, worthless.

The clean nature of the re201 also made it worthless on gigs (huge gigs) in 78 imo. It simply didn't cut through like an Echoplex.

At a slightly earlier moment from the appearance of the re201, the blue mxr digital delay appeared in late 1976. I had a heads up on that one by a few months (mxr had sent me an unusual smallish 500 style enclosure with a couple of phaser flanger plug in modules....that weren't very good)....but...I bought three of the first blue digital delays from the first run.

I loaded 4 mem cards into one of the delays for max freq resp vs delay time choices.

Talk about mojo character in those blue boxes! The usability smoked anything else imo, including stuff like the deltas. The isolated ann wilson vocals on Barracuda are a four-card blue mxr.

My point? From where I was sitting in 1977?

Echo-wise (aside from standard insert of a 2trk machine on the console for slapback).... your mojo echo toolbox was complete if you had an echoplex, mxr digital delay, and in last place, re201.

That would be a holy trinity bundle here in 2020. Imo.

Anyone making the blue mxr as a plug? Haven't noticed any so far.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderbird View Post
Great. Can’t wait to hear the comparison with the unit they modeled. Can’t find it on the website. But I’m sure it will be up there any second.
LOL

We can count on u. Never ever miss a new plugin announcement.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by alibling View Post
LOL

We can count on u. Never ever miss a new plugin announcement.
The dream is that one day, one company, will actually prove that they modeled something really good in audio and not just text. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 3 weeks ago
Company Rep

We have audio demos on our site as well as the ability for anybody to demo it for themselves linked right from the T-RackS Space Delay product page and the news. Go for it.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderbird View Post
The dream is that one day, one company, will actually prove that they modeled something really good in audio and not just text. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Who cares if it sounds good? :¬)

FWIW - Pulsar (Mu) put some great SW/HW comparisons up, as did Vertigo Sound for VSC-3 and VS-E. If you're into Nebula, check out the TimP Sum100A comparison on YouTube.

Nothing compares to testing yourself though, on your own material. With HW in the cloud now—like Access Analog (which is amazing)—it's easy to find your best ITB variations for various popular units.

OT - this a great sounding delay. Need to spend more time with it, but impressed already. CPU wise it's hitting 1.5% in Reaper, which is fine for me.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

The damn noise bursts though when trialling are so loud and frequent it makes it *really* hard to get into it.

At least give us 20 seconds.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear