The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
DiBiQuadro SaturnLO - Non-plus-ultra Lead Overdrive preamp - New DiBiQuadro Engine
Old 1st July 2020
Software DiBiQuadro SaturnLO - Non-plus-ultra Lead Overdrive preamp - New DiBiQuadro Engine

ONLY WINDOWS OS / ONLY VST3 / 32 OR 64 BIT ENGINE!

SaturnLO initiates a new series of non-plus-ultra preamp reproductions based on DiBiQuadro proprietary technology and it is now ready for download!

Introductory price is €57.85 (35%OFF).

All links at: DiBiQuadroAudio

SaturnLO (Trial)

SaturnLO (Full)

Non-plus-ultra Lead Overdrive Preamp reproduction
  • Double Precision Non-Linear Computing
  • Oversampling from 1x to 8192x for non-existent aliasing
  • VST3 + Stand-alone Renderer
  • Fully configurable circuit values
  • Fast response graphic processing
  • Tooltip-based GUI / EDIT mode
  • Original double-sized 3D view

Up to Eleven!

SaturnLO is a highly-accurate in the box reproduction – developed with DiBiQuadro proprietary technology – of the preamp section of a classic boutique Lead Overdrive guitar amplifier which defined the standard for modern high-gain amplification, with its unparalleled sound, beautiful design and high quality components.

Its Normal channel delivers unique crystalline cleans that can cut like a knife with the channel’s Bright switch on or pushed to pure raw with its Crunch mode, while the Overdrive channel gives you a super-thick tone as a result of a masterly conceived multiple gain stage path. With Bass, Middle, Treble, and Output controls for each channel, it provides loads of tone-shaping in a handy straightforward way. No matter what kind of tone you are trying to achieve – pop, blues, rock, metal – SaturnLO will get you there.

…If you want to get that rich, dynamic, fully saturated yet pristine gain, then you are looking at the right place!

The perfect approach to circuit modeling

SaturnLO features a built-from-scratch 64-bit engine which is based on general purpose hi-quality algorithms and the most recent non-linear models. Particular attention has been put on the definition of the Non Linear Solver to get the maximum quality and realism, without losing details in favor of performances (Double-Precision Non-Linear Computing).

Also, SaturnLO brings a completely new philosophy to the table: being able to shape your tone by giving total access to the circuit components. Managing each gain stage level, shaping the tone-stacks or modifying the tubes characteristics: there is virtually no limit to what you can achieve with SaturnLO!

GUI: tooltips and Edit Mode

The graphic engine has been designed with a purpose in mind: keeping a clear indication of the status of the graphic elements without altering their 3D rendering on the scene. Tooltips serve this purpose perfectly especially when dealing with knobs status. A typical approach to this problem would be to compress the height of the knobs trying to prevent the user to commit parallax errors. As a side effect the graphic designer would be forced to take into account this constraint by limiting the 3D depth of the scene. Another good reason to use a tooltip-based approach is to allow the update of the knobs status by using an Edit Mode.

When using a state-of-the-art system – see minimum requirements in the Installation Guide – SatunLO GUI is able to deliver more than 60 FPS at a reasonably low CPU usage for a super fluid knob tweaking and a hyper realistic meter response.

The Renderer

The Renderer is a Windows application to process an input wave file in OffLine mode. It can be invoked via command line too. Its purpose is to render long and processing demanding configurations (e.g. high upsampling).

System Requirements

SaturnLO is distributed exclusively as Windows 64-bit installer, which delivers these 2 formats:
  • Plugin in VST3 64 bit format;
  • Renderer in Windows executable
Even if you are a Windows user, we strongly recommend to demo the 15-days trial version before making any purchase. Requirements are reported in the table below.

Formats and operating systems different from the ones specified above are not supported yet.

Audio Samples

Old 1st July 2020
Lives for gear

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice, @ Dib iQuadro going all full VST, digging this ;-) Gonna try this one out
Old 1st July 2020
Lives for gear

Is there nebula tech inside of this plugin or is it fully algorithmic?
Old 1st July 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by filterfreak View Post
Is there nebula tech inside of this plugin or is it fully algorithmic?
This is a brand new audio engine, no other company, except us is involved in the development of both audio engine or graphic interface which is brand new too.

The audio engine in particular is second to none (hw included), fully algorithmic, required 2 years of intense development, testing, comparisons with the real things and competitors. Of course we are very proud of the result.
Old 1st July 2020
Gear Nut

Important detail.

SaturnLO requires authotization, even for the TRIAL version.

Please, take your time to read the Installation Guide if you are interested in demoing it.
Old 1st July 2020
Lives for gear

I'm glad you guys are releasing products outside Nebula. Can we expect a less CPU demanding plugin?

The video with the Audio Samples sounds very good and real. Also, the video is very well done and shows the functionalities of the amp.

One critic is that the GUI is very ugly. Apparently it is functional and easy to use, and that's what matter the most, but boy it's an ugly head.
Old 1st July 2020
Gear Addict

Hi and congrats,
where is the file "Serial.dbi" (trial version) located (W10) after exe of "get serial"?
Searched on drive c as it is a vst3 format, thanks.
Old 1st July 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOh View Post
I'm glad you guys are releasing products outside Nebula. Can we expect a less CPU demanding plugin?
Yes, absoloutely. it is even possible to play real time at a reasonably low latency (e.g. 64 samples latency at 88.2KHz) @ 1x upsampling.

Quote:
The video with the Audio Samples sounds very good and real. Also, the video is very well done and shows the functionalities of the amp.
Thanks

Quote:
One critic is that the GUI is very ugly. Apparently it is functional and easy to use, and that's what matter the most, but boy it's an ugly head.
No problem I took care personally of the graphic design, both the appereance and the C++ coding, the switch/knob/button interactions, the edit mode, the meter response, the FPS... I am a software engineer rather than a graphic designer. I just tried to satisfy my sense of aesthetic, but I agree it may not please everybody
Old 1st July 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiBiQuadroDavide View Post
No problem I took care personally of the graphic design, both the appereance and the C++ coding, the switch/knob/button interactions, the edit mode, the meter response, the FPS... I am a software engineer rather than a graphic designer. I just tried to satisfy my sense of aesthetic, but I agree it may not please everybody
I like the layout and position of the knobs and meters. I like the meters a lot, btw.

But I would drop the weird perspective and lens distortion to start. And the blue leather cover makes it a bit too much kitsch to my taste. Something neutral would make it a lot better.
Old 1st July 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by omkar View Post
Hi and congrats,
where is the file "Serial.dbi" (trial version) located (W10) after exe of "get serial"?
Searched on drive c as it is a vst3 format, thanks.
Thanks.

Once you double click on "GetSerial.exe", "Serial.dbi" must be generated in the same folder of "GetSerial.exe".

If you don't see anything, very likely you have some write permissions which prevent to generate "Serial.dbi".

I suggest to follow this procedure
Attached Thumbnails
DiBiQuadro SaturnLO - Non-plus-ultra Lead Overdrive preamp - New DiBiQuadro Engine-serial.jpg  
Old 1st July 2020
Quote:
I like the layout and position of the knobs and meters. I like the meters a lot, btw.

But I would drop the weird perspective and lens distortion to start. And the blue leather cover makes it a bit too much kitsch to my taste. Something neutral would make it a lot better.
In fact there are 2 GUIs available. It is possible to switch from one to the other (details in the User Manual).

The first GUI is the one you are referring to, I guess. It is the one on the Youtube videos. This is not the default one. We decided to add it because it is unusual and cocky, I would never use this to work. Here it is:

The default one is this:

This is more "2D" and similar to what you would expect from this type of plugin (even more similar to our past GUIs for N4LIBS, Bronze, Virgo...)

On both there is a button called "SIZE" which allows to double the size of the entire GUI to adapt to your screen resolution.
Old 1st July 2020
Lives for gear

Is Taurus still in the works? If so, would it be using the same tech as Virgo, or as SaturnLO?
Old 1st July 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiBiQuadro Audio View Post
Thanks.

Once you double click on "GetSerial.exe", "Serial.dbi" must be generated in the same folder of "GetSerial.exe".

If you don't see anything, very likely you have some write permissions which prevent to generate "Serial.dbi".

I suggest to follow this procedure

Thanks for the link and solution, works.
I decided to post the issue to public, hope it helps others.

Next problem:
S1 v4 latest (executed as admin) doesn`t like the vst3, opens with terrible noise and no gui.
Reaper (demo) does fine.
Old 1st July 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyflip View Post
Is Taurus still in the works? If so, would it be using the same tech as Virgo, or as SaturnLO?
There is still no real scheduling for Taurus. My A***g rig has been roughly sampled for my personal use only ATM. There is something else on "that" side, ready for beta testing - no official scheduling for this neither, however.
Old 1st July 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Thanks for the link and solution, works.
I decided to post the issue to public, hope it helps others.

Next problem:
S1 v4 latest (executed as admin) doesn`t like the vst3, opens with terrible noise and no gui.
Reaper (demo) does fine.
Great.

For S1: did you set Studio One's processing precision to Double?

SaturnLO works exclusively on sequencers with 64bit engines. Reaper has a 64bit engine by default, Cubase must be set to double to make SaturnLO work, and Studio One must be the same. If this won't fix, we'll investigate deeply.
Old 1st July 2020
Can't Generate Serial Code

Really wanted to try this, but after an hour of trouble shooting I still can't generate a serial when I double click on the serial.exe

Following the instructions from the link shared above didn't help either. Even if I did get it working, this type of authorization format isn't exactly ideal.
Old 1st July 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxterbrown View Post
Really wanted to try this, but after an hour of trouble shooting I still can't generate a serial when I double click on the serial.exe

Following the instructions from the link shared above didn't help either. Even if I did get it working, this type of authorization format isn't exactly ideal.
If you are on windows 7 or 10, it's just a matter of executing GetSerial.exe in a folder where you are sure to have write permissions. Even on your desktop.

Feel free to contact us on https://dibiquadroaudio.com/contact-us/ or on our facebook page if you would like to have immediate support.
Old 1st July 2020
Quote:
If you are on windows 7 or 10, it's just a matter of executing GetSerial.exe in a folder where you are sure to have write permissions. Even on your desktop.

Feel free to contact us on https://dibiquadroaudio.com/contact-us/ or on our facebook page if you would like to have immediate support.
Thanks. I made sure I had write access and tried it even on the desktop, but no luck. I've messaged support and hopefully we can figure it out. Looks like a great plugin.
Old 1st July 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
Great.

For S1: did you set Studio One's processing precision to Double?

SaturnLO works exclusively on sequencers with 64bit engines. Reaper has a 64bit engine by default, Cubase must be set to double to make SaturnLO work, and Studio One must be the same. If this won't fix, we'll investigate deeply.
Please do so, no luck with S1 yet after dbl prec and reboot.
To other users: I am the only one?
Old 1st July 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
Thanks. I made sure I had write access and tried it even on the desktop, but no luck. I've messaged support and hopefully we can figure it out. Looks like a great plugin.
I see you are going with support,
don`t want to be an ignorant but you`ll be better off with them
so I delete pm.

Folks, please go here or with support, I think it`s a learning curve at both ends.
Old 1st July 2020
Gear Maniac
Sounding really good so far. Has the Cytomic Scream level of tweakability too, look forward to playing with that more (not a big fan of sliders especially on the big numbers and would be nice to see some sort of GUI feedback on min-max levels or something?)

Also, The UpSampler on Win10 and Reaper doesn't work for me on anything other than 1x on Realtime. If I change it to 2x or anything, Reaper Automutes the track, clearing the automute and then there is Still no output. I can see LED meters on Saturn Input working but not output, what am I doing wrong
Old 1st July 2020
Gear Maniac
any plans for a mac release?
Old 1st July 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaytron View Post
any plans for a mac release?
We just started to work on a Mac version. Anyway we cannot give any date so far, unfortunately, and we cannot even promise it will be in a short time.

For windows users (even Windows 8 if any): we strongly recommend to download and try the FREE trial version before buying since the combination of OS / Sequencers are many and could not be covered all during beta testing.

We have positive feedbacks on these sequencers:
Reaper (we work on this, it is supposed to be the most stable)
Cubase
Bandlab Cakewalk
Studio One

Feel free to report your feedbacks here (or directly to our support contact if you prefer).
Old 1st July 2020
Quote:
Please do so, no luck with S1 yet after dbl prec and reboot.
To other users: I am the only one?
No luck with Studio One v4.6 here either. Finally got the serial to work (had to restart PC after resetting permissions), then loaded the plugin in a session, but no GUI showed up and it crashed the session (64 bit precision). Bummer.
Old 1st July 2020
Quote:
No luck with Studio One v4.6 here either. Finally got the serial to work (had to restart PC after resetting permissions), then loaded the plugin in a session, but no GUI showed up and it crashed the session (64 bit precision). Bummer.
At this point you should have received the email with the authorization zip (dba dbc dbh files).

I suggest you to delete the content of the DiBiQuadro folder (in the path you chose when you launched the installer).

And reinstall as explained in the Installation Guide from the beginning (by relaunching the installer - the same folder you chose the first time is fine - and copying the authorization files of the zip (dba dbc dbh) in the destination folder).

No need to regenerate the license.

Close (and keep close) the sequencer during the process.
Old 1st July 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiBiQuadroDavide View Post
At this point you should have received the email with the authorization zip (dba dbc dbh files).

I suggest you to delete the content of the DiBiQuadro folder (in the path you chose when you launched the installer).

And reinstall as explained in the Installation Guide from the beginning (by relaunching the installer - the same folder you chose the first time is fine - and copying the authorization files of the zip (dba dbc dbh) in the destination folder).

No need to regenerate the license.

Close (and keep close) the sequencer during the process.

Doesn`t do it for me either, I give up for now.
Please tag me if there are news in that regard.

Does it work for you @ Baxterbrown ?
Old 1st July 2020
Quote:
Doesn`t do it for me either, I give up for now.
Please tag me if there are news in that regard.

Does it work for you @ Baxterbrown ?
No, still not working here either.
Old 1st July 2020
Gear Maniac

Interesting. Would love to try, but only Windows??
Old 2nd July 2020
Gear Head

Is there no power amp emulation included? Just the preamp? What would you recommend for power amp simulation?
Old 2nd July 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
No, still not working here either.
We are going to update the Installation Guide to introduce a section dedicated to write permissions on Windows.

You could still have some issues on the way license files have been installed. However, we understand this is a new installation/authorization procedure, which could seem tricky at the beginning, and still could need some improvements on our side, that's the reason why we suggest to try before buy.

There are also some advantages however: no physical dongle is needed, and the transition from trial to full version preserve the saved settings on the projects (project settings and presets saved with the trial can be used with the full version without any problem).

We'll also take our time to check again any issue on S1.

PS: we are able to check how many trial / full versions have been authorized, thanks god the statistic is comforting.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear