The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Introducing the Heritage Audio HA-81A Preamp and EQ
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Introducing the Heritage Audio HA-81A Preamp and EQ

HA-81A
British-Spec Hybrid Channel Strip

Introducing Heritage Audio’s HA-81A: a new mix of 2 classic consoles. The HA-81A is a channel strip that combines an all discrete, Class-A 73-style mic preamp with the famous 81-style equalizer — arguably the most in-demand products for all recording engineers.

The HA-81A’s preamp section is an 80 dB, all discrete Class-A design with Carnhill and St. Ives input and output transformers. To put it simply, it’s an exceptional Heritage Audio take on the famous 73-style preamplifier.

The preamp features gain, output trim, -20db pad, polarity reverse, and +48v phantom power.

The HA-81’s equalizer section is an exceptionally musical 4 band, inductor-based equalizer with high and low pass filters. Where 3 band equalizers such as the typical 73-style exceed at musicality but may get short of features, the HA-81A EQ equally excels on both. Extreme control over Shelf or Bell response curves on the high and lows, dual Q on both mid bands, with dedicated high and low mid ones, and a range of 30 frequency selections to choose from.

The Heritage HA-81A utilizes only rotary switches and precision, concentric potentiometers. And like all of the products in our Elite range, the HA-81A is built with the most cutting edge methods in manufacturing and design, without ever compromising audio quality or cutting corners — all at the Heritage headquarters in Spain.

Shipping today
Price: $1099
Attached Thumbnails
Introducing the Heritage Audio HA-81A Preamp and EQ-heritage-audio-ha-81a-34-left.jpg   Introducing the Heritage Audio HA-81A Preamp and EQ-heritage-audio-ha-81a-back.jpg   Introducing the Heritage Audio HA-81A Preamp and EQ-heritage-audio-ha-81a-front.jpg   Introducing the Heritage Audio HA-81A Preamp and EQ-heritage-audio-ha-81a-interior.jpg  

Last edited by raddistribution; 1 week ago at 02:27 PM..
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Heritage leading the charge!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Sweet!
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by thismercifulfate View Post
That is one of the strangest product announcements I’ve ever read. I don’t think the person who wrote it understands the meaning of “infamous” or has a firm grasp of the English language.
Well sometimes infamous can mean, to use a popular modern day term, 'badass'. Kind of like much loved Australian bushranger and criminal Ned Kelly...he was infamous because he said **** the police and shot at 'em. And he was much loved for that, I can tell you.

Maybe that's what Heritage mean...it's deadly...it's fully sick BRO...it's dope.

Deadly, sick and dope.

Lacking life, approaching death...and dumb as a short plank.

Or.............maybe you're right and I'm over thinking as usual.

Old 1 week ago
MGA
Gear Addict

.... or the fact that Heritage Audio is a Spanish company.....
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Either way, a 1073 preamp coupled with a 1081 equalizer in one rack unit is pretty, as the kids say, "dope".
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

lol, my favourite Euro bad translation is when a company says this or that "so called" {professional feature}, trying to mean "thus appropriately named" but coming off in completely the opposite way.

that and calling a hyphen in their URL "minus" on youtube interviews

that said, all these guys speak way better English than I speak their languages.... except in my case French, where I'm OK.

very nice product btw
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

I think Heritage could definitely benefit from a better media team all the way around. Someone who will produce better and more videos, run their socials, modernize their website, etc.

But I don't care about that too much, I just want this freaking 1081! This looks awesome, and I'm probably going to get a pair of them this year!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Where is the third transformer?

These like a 1073 have a mic line and output TX.

Wiggy
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

What's up with all those relays?

As mentioned: a high-end clone could at least include the second input transformer. The €25 extra won't matter that much, would it?

Herwig
Old 1 week ago
I was hoping for a 1084, but if they make this badboy in 2ch... I think I'm in!
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Hey
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Shiit I'm American and can't grasp the English language
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPoet View Post

As mentioned: a high-end clone could at least include the second input transformer. The €25 extra won't matter that much, would it?

Herwig
Would that be for the line input? Maybe both inputs share the transformer? I don’t know about these things, but wouldn’t buy if the line input is transformerless.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Good transformers are more than $25
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Does the line input go through a transformer on the HA73 units?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
The carnhill mic input transformer can be reversed in windings to become the line input transformer. Im sure it is just switched from line to mic mode. This is what most manufacturers do for the last 15 or so years. The 1073 never goes through more than 2 transformers at a time.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Looking under the hood of this thing does explain the price tag. And I'm not just talking about the one input transformer!

I hope Neve are seeing this cause I'll keep my money in my pocket until Neve release an 81-style of their own similar to the 1073SPX!

Leave the originals to Neve, Heritage
Old 1 week ago
Price: $1099 !! wow .. great pre and eq for the money!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightOnRome View Post
Price: $1099 !! wow .. great pre and eq for the money!
If it.sounds good...
Old 1 week ago
Get some blind tests going. That'll be great fun!
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by hello people View Post
Get some blind tests going. That'll be great fun!
No don’t. I don’t wanna hear old guys going back on their word when the test reveals they chose this 80% of the time.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggy Neve Slut View Post
Good transformers are more than $25
I stand corrected: about €50 (checked the AML site) - still not quite that much more on the total price in my opinion.

Herwig
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam guaiana View Post
No don’t. I don’t wanna hear old guys going back on their word when the test reveals they chose this 80% of the time.
That's what's so fun about blind tests!

Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gear mad View Post
Looking under the hood of this thing does explain the price tag. And I'm not just talking about the one input transformer!

I hope Neve are seeing this cause I'll keep my money in my pocket until Neve release an 81-style of their own similar to the 1073SPX!

Leave the originals to Neve, Heritage
I love posts like this. Sight unseen (or unheard) and this guy takes a huge shidd on it.

“Leave the originals to Neve”. Man, Neve haven’t built an original product since 1985.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear