The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Massive Passive - Rainbow edition
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

No, i don’t think the people at Manley woke up one day and decided to release this special edition as an attempt to «piss off and alienate» people. They’re not some juvenile kids with too much time time on their hands. That’s what Twitter is for. It’s a gesture of SUPPORT. If some people are alienated or pissed off by an act of support and love, it’s secondary collateral damage, and well....too bad for them. But the first intent of a product like this is to show SUPPORT.

Last edited by spaceman; 6 days ago at 10:07 AM..
Old 6 days ago
Gear Nut
I think in the fairness of, "equality" Manley should offer a, "TOXIC" SLAM.... as well
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Sonya View Post
I think it’s safe to say you’re precisely the demographic Manley hopes to piss off and alienate.

So far so good, I guess.
Manley wants me to be pissed off because I don't view sexual preference as being worthy of emblazoned on my audio gear?

I think you’re the one that wants me to be pissed off and alienated. Why?
Old 5 days ago
Deleted 432039d
Lulz
Old 5 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixing_mesk View Post
Manley wants me to be pissed off because I don't view sexual preference as being worthy of emblazoned on my audio gear?

I think you’re the one that wants me to be pissed off and alienated. Why?
Because of your first sentence.

Dude, it's Pride month. Show some respect and educate yourself about why LGBTQ support matters to so many people.

And if you can't, sorry it's 2020 and you should be alienated!

Last edited by musicalnyc; 5 days ago at 09:35 PM..
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

I really do not get the negativity.
It looks supercool, sounds great, you can buy it or you can not buy it.

What's to dislike?
Old 5 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by huub View Post
I really do not get the negativity.
It looks supercool, sounds great, you can buy it or you can not buy it.

What's to dislike?
I agree on all your points about what it is. That should end this. However you asked whats to dislike, the answer is close to 'nothing to dislike' however you didnt get where the negativity is coming from so consider this (again given Mods clamping down on arguing I try to do this respectfully): negativity came from outside, its not about Manley, its about current attitudes to (and here arguments started) human rights on one camp and neither human rights nor *lack* of support for said rights. There wasnt negativity until there suddenly was and it was coming from many users who couldnt let opinions be. People couldn't see how one could take a position that wasn't all embracing of the motivation, the 'support' as the wording has been well used. People who haven't shown their support have been seen to be bigots and not with the times. There has been anger and bullying put to them, 'calling them out because its 2020 and we dont want that kind of thinking pervasive and being an opinion when to us its not its just hate'.

I had stated my opinion and thought it was helpful saying it isnt hate its just a choice not to care to support it or take sides, motivations for doing so vary wildly and should be respected, not judged. Thats pretty much when moderators came in and deleted my comments and others 'on both sides' who were angry.

If moderators can leave this post by me be then hopefully it explains the issue without needing to argue endlessly. I dont think anyone is saying we shouldn't be supportive of human rights but there are reason elusive to many here why one wouldnt want to take sides or take a stand, Ive asked people to respect it and not bully everyone into a stand they may have good unbigoted reasons to adopt. Namaste.
Old 5 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insanelysane View Post
People who haven't shown their support have been seen to be bigots and not with the times.
On the contrary, the only people being "bullied" () are those who consider this product enough of an affront to their moral sensibilities to decry its message in a post on this thread.

Nobody who didn't chime in in the first place -- whether they are in support of or against basic civil rights and the notion of dignity -- has been addressed at all. IOW - it's the bigots driving the discussion here. The minute they stop chiming in with "but i'm offended" is the minute everyone stops talking about their shitty and dated opinions
Old 5 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrotto View Post
On the contrary, the only people being "bullied" () are those who consider this product enough of an affront to their moral sensibilities to decry its message in a post on this thread.

Nobody who didn't chime in in the first place -- whether they are in support of or against basic civil rights and the notion of dignity -- has been addressed at all. IOW - it's the bigots driving the discussion here. The minute they stop chiming in with "but i'm offended" is the minute everyone stops talking about their shitty and dated opinions
If they did feel it a moral affront to their moral sensibilities then let that be. Also, dont pool everyone into the same camp. That was going on big time.

You've also gone ahead and reinforced the label bigots on people, thats your choosing to put them in that category based on what you see but may not understand. That labeling isnt helpful. They havent name called you I dont think. Saying their opinion is shitty and outdated isn't right either, thats what I am referring to as bullying and judgemental. In a very early post I said I didnt even see any 'bigot' comments in the thread, that was my impression and there were 1 or 2 comments deleted at that time. Then there was one guy now likely banned yoss3xx who had put forward opinions that got political and heated, he didnt even know who Manley were, he was an outsider to this community. His opinions are still opinions and while they didnt need to be expressed in this forum they weren't without merit as I had tried to explain. Some people found the discussion interesting and helpful, some didnt. Do we really need to call names? Just live and let live.

I do understand your frustration seeing people with their opinions coming off inflammatory too, I dont support 'bigots' either but be careful not to throw the baby out with the bathwater.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by the fxs View Post
why do you think Manley has any interest in pissing anyone off?
It's important to understand the dual nature of dissent.

Dissent signals your ideological allies and also signals your ideological opponents.

Both functions are intrinsic. Neither can be avoided.

- c
Old 5 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insanelysane View Post
If they did feel it a moral affront to their moral sensibilities then let that be. Also, dont pool everyone into the same camp. That was going on big time.

You've also gone ahead and reinforced the label bigots on people, thats your choosing to put them in that category based on what you see but may not understand. That labeling isnt helpful. They havent name called you I dont think. Saying their opinion is shitty and outdated isn't right either, thats what I am referring to as bullying and judgemental. In a very early post I said I didnt even see any 'bigot' comments in the thread, that was my impression and there were 1 or 2 comments deleted at that time. Then there was one guy now likely banned yoss3xx who had put forward opinions that got political and heated, he didnt even know who Manley were, he was an outsider to this community. His opinions are still opinions and while they didnt need to be expressed in this forum they weren't without merit as I had tried to explain. Some people found the discussion interesting and helpful, some didnt. Do we really need to call names? Just live and let live.

I do understand your frustration seeing people with their opinions coming off inflammatory too, I dont support 'bigots' either but be careful not to throw the baby out with the bathwater.
I understand its easy to get hot with these kinds of topics. I see this as a human rights issue. Manley is supporting human rights. Anyone that has any kind of issue with that can ignore it and move on. If anyone speaks out against what Manely is doing will be taken as anti human rights and that is (and should be) offensive. The time to stand up for our brothers and sister who are persecuted is now... Whether on a gear forum or anywhere else.

You're saying there are shades and more complex issues at hand? Maybe, I don't know about that. We should have no tolerance for discrimination and hate.
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicalnyc View Post
Dude, it's Pride month. Show some respect and educate yourself about why LGBTQ support matters to so many people.

And if you can't, sorry it's 2020 and you should be alienated!
The best way to show respect is to not judge people as a collective; by something as absolutely meaningless as sexuality, whether they be gay or straight!

Quote:
It's important to understand the dual nature of dissent.

Dissent signals your ideological allies and also signals your ideological opponents.

Both functions are intrinsic. Neither can be avoided.
The Sun Tzu of audio gear.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcom View Post
Its so great they can make money of groups of people who feel supressed in society.

Only 50 made, hurry hurry before you loose out.

I really love the sincerity of this. And most people belive they do it out of the good from their hearts,
aaaaaaaw....

You did see that they're donating the proceeds the "Human Rights Campaign" right?

"At Manley Labs, we believe in equality for all human beings regardless of gender, race, or sexual orientation, and thus we will be donating our proceeds from sales of this unit to the Human Rights Campaign: https://hrc.org"
Old 5 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by withintheflux View Post
You did see that they're donating the proceeds the "Human Rights Campaign" right?

"At Manley Labs, we believe in equality for all human beings regardless of gender, race, or sexual orientation, and thus we will be donating our proceeds from sales of this unit to the Human Rights Campaign: https://hrc.org"
This is a great thing they are doing, really strong statement from them standing by their vision, doing it for real. And we pretty much all agree it looks fantastic
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

It's political crap, because if you go to their website and click on election 2020, you'll see where it leads to.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBX-80 View Post
It's political crap, because if you go to their website and click on election 2020, you'll see where it leads to.
"political crap" eh? You say it as if politics is just a sport with teams like football or baseball. On most substantive issues your politics reveal quite clearly what your values are. If LGBTQ rights are something you care deeply about your choice is obvious.

Life is political.

Last edited by withintheflux; 5 days ago at 08:55 AM..
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

I’d love to get one of these! Would rock it all day long at FOH!
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixing_mesk View Post
The best way to show respect is to not judge people as a collective; by something as absolutely meaningless as sexuality, whether they be gay or straight!
But that is not not happening right now. And it likely won't happen unless that prejudice is chipped away at piece by piece by people and organisations showing their support. Sometimes in small, but eventually cumulative ways.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

Oh sheit, you're right!! Ok cool. Ive just gotten used to companies monetizing on lotsa political stuff lately.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

There is absolutely no need for this thread to be this insane.

- c

Last edited by Silver Sonya; 3 days ago at 07:57 PM..
Old 4 days ago
Gear Addict

oh boy
Old 3 days ago
Here for the gear

Mods, please remove thedissident's disgusting irrelevant post. I feel violated and nauseous after reading that nonsense.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 432039d View Post
Many white republican men are baffled by the various “Prides” in circulation because they don’t have any. They are forbidden to have any sense of self love.
Oh my God, kill me.

Someone lock this thread.

It no longer serves a purpose.

- c
Old 3 days ago
Deleted 432039d
Quote:
Oh my God, kill me.

Someone lock this thread.

It no longer serves a purpose.

- c
You seem afraid and hysterical
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

No, just sane.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

So much drama in this thread I think people forgot just how beautiful this EQ really is:

Massive Passive - Rainbow edition-msmp-pride-ft-web.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Massive Passive - Rainbow edition-msmp-pride-ft-web.jpg  
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

And shout out to GML for the original PRIDE EQ (which I note was also made at the Manley factory at one point):

Massive Passive - Rainbow edition-gml_960x500.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Massive Passive - Rainbow edition-gml_960x500.jpg  
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Trying to think of a suitable joke about active, passive... it's all a bit crude though isn't it?

Funny though...
Old 3 days ago
Gear Addict

And this is why we can't have nice things
Old 3 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicalnyc View Post
And this is why we can't have nice things

This thread has been most entertaining, so much over so little. Keep it open just to see what other takes on this topic are just around the riverbend... there's now even a sanity accusation war going on above, suits me perfectly
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear