Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

"Dry/Wet to a single Mix control"
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiothing View Post
Update v1.0.1
You can download the update from your user area.

Changelog:
  • Added: Global Setting to switch from Dry/Wet to a single Mix control
  • Improved: Minor graphic glitches
  • Fixed: Ribbon Microphones not loading properly in the DEMO version
Wow - that's some turnaround - mix knob added in little over 24 hours - manual updated as well!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I love this plugin. And already a great
update! The best.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Definitely a nice plugin.

I think I'll buy it (actually, it's very useful too in a "normal" music mix for some automated color FX), but if I may I still have some suggestions for some features :
- I think there is still some place on the GUI for an output level knob. Still useful when trying to keep a correct gainstaging while inserting Speakers into a whole fx chain.
- I don't think you have this feature on your other plugins, but an A/B switch is always a cool feature (specially when you deal with such a versatile sound design tool). Or even better, A/B/C/D (like on PA plugins)...
- I don't know if it's a good idea (or an easy task for a plugin dev), but a global EQ could be cool too. Sometimes, the sounds you get from Speakers can be very nasty in the highs when you push the lofi boundaries to the extremes, so it's necessary to just eq the whole stuff. Of course, you can do it inside each Mic / Speaker, so I think it's not a necessary feature, but the Mic/speaker eqs are so cool and easy to use (and don't take place because you can call them from a simple button) that getting a "master" eq as a bonus could be great.

Anyway, just as is, it's a great piece of software and a lot of fun to use.
It reminds me a little bit the RC-20 retro color (not soundwise, but in terms of source destroyer).
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calagan View Post
- I think there is still some place on the GUI for an output level knob. Still useful when trying to keep a correct gainstaging while inserting Speakers into a whole fx chain.
If you use the Wet and Dry controls, they can act as output controls as you can also go over 0dB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calagan View Post
- I don't think you have this feature on your other plugins, but an A/B switch is always a cool feature (specially when you deal with such a versatile sound design tool). Or even better, A/B/C/D (like on PA plugins)...
This is something that we would like to add to our plugins, it requires some heavy changes in our framework, but definitely possible. We'll see.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
If you use the Wet and Dry controls, they can act as output controls as you can also go over 0dB.
Of course, I forgot you can switch from the mix to dry/wet controls...

This is something that we would like to add to our plugins, it requires some heavy changes in our framework, but definitely possible. We'll see.[/QUOTE]

I hope it will be possible.

Thanks for the answers...
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

Decisions decisions decisions

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedmanzie View Post
I've got Speakerphone and I'm demoing Speakers. Despite its ball breaking price Speakerphone still requires an iLok key (as far as I'm aware) and is not able to be authorised on an iLok account (ie on the computer) - so tbh I might get 'Speakers' just for that reason alone as I've started working on laptop.

Speakers is extremely similar to Speakerphone right down to the 'background sounds' (eg car noise, ambient noise etc) and the ability to mix mics with speakers. I've not been able to demo back to back yet but playing around in Speakerphone it certainly is very good and for me has enough fun sound design possibilities to make it an essential if you don't have Speakerphone.
If money wasn't a problem, would you still get Speakerphone for your Sound Design needs?
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scavneck View Post
If money wasn't a problem, would you still get Speakerphone for your Sound Design needs?
I would say that the big plus Speakerphone has over Speakers is that it has a very nice convolution reverb built into it, so for sound design it is much superior all in one package in my opinion. Plus it has a load more presets that cover off a lot more situations, so it really is all you need, and I imagine every single sound design studio (film/tv/game) has it in their arsenal. However it is annoyingly tied to using a physical iLok and it is seriously expensive, so ideally it could do with an update to bring it into line, especially at that price. Seems to work fine in OSX Catalina here so really it's only the iLok thing that needs sorted.

The lack of reverb in Speakers is possibly a bit of an oversight as you need it to create the sonics of certain speaker situations (eg 'neighbour playing guitar from next door' type of sounds) and it would be nice to have it built in. Of course you can add your own so it's not a deal breaker at all, certainly at the price, and the 'echo' function covers off some requirements anyway.

For the price Speakers is essential, and more than likely will do most of what you need unless you're in the world where you're reaching for super accurate speaker/room simulations on a daily basis. Plus it does some cool things which sound different to Speakerphone!
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
The lack of reverb in Speakers is possibly a bit of an oversight as you need it to create the sonics of certain speaker situations (eg 'neighbour playing guitar from next door' type of sounds) and it would be nice to have it built in. Of course you can add your own so it's not a deal breaker at all, certainly at the price, and the 'echo' function covers off some requirements
The lack of reverbs in Speakers was actually a choice. We already have Fog Convolver that is going to get a big update soon, and will feature lots of new reverbs/spaces. It was also one of the reasons that allowed us to have a cheaper price.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
The lack of reverbs in Speakers was actually a choice. We already have Fog Convolver that is going to get a big update soon, and will feature lots of new reverbs/spaces. It was also one of the reasons that allowed us to have a cheaper price.
Thanks, understood, I didn't actually mean 'oversight' like you'd forgotten it just mean't it would have been a welcome addition seeing as Speakerphone has it - wrong choice of word on my part! Anyway as you can see I'm a big fan of Speakers, so well done - great product.

On a completely different tip - your Springs is AMAZING
Just wanted to let you know.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks, understood, I didn't actually mean 'oversight' like you'd forgotten it just mean't it would have been a welcome addition seeing as Speakerphone has it - wrong choice of word on my part! Anyway as you can see I'm a big fan of Speakers, so well done - great product.
I understand I've received a few feature requests for a reverb module in Speakers, so I just wanted to explain our thoughts behind it.

Quote:
On a completely different tip - your Springs is AMAZING
Just wanted to let you know.
Thank you! We have new spring models almost ready for the next update
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

What was nice with speakerphone when i use to use it, it is how much can be done in one plugin.
Would be nice if people with fog convolver license could somehow use part of it in speakers. Certainly would encourage me to buy a fog convolver license too.
rsp
Old 5 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by zvenx View Post
What was nice with speakerphone when i use to use it, it is how much can be done in one plugin.
Would be nice if people with fog convolver license could somehow use part of it in speakers. Certainly would encourage me to buy a fog convolver license too.
rsp
Yes, I was thinking I would pick up Fog if it was integrated.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
rsp
Even a simplified reverb would add a great deal - small to large room with maybe some basic controls. The routing in Speakers is great and it would be helpful just to add a bit of 'space' in the plugin. Part of the vibe of having mic/speaker combos can be picking up a bit of room, and it makes it more flexible for sound design.
Old 2 days ago
Gear Maniac

As usual, cool, musical and fun to play with. Awesome Carlo!
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Update v1.0.1
You can download the update from your user area.

Changelog:
  • Added: Global Setting to switch from Dry/Wet to a single Mix control
  • Improved: Minor graphic glitches
  • Fixed: Ribbon Microphones not loading properly in the DEMO version
Only now noticing this.
Thanks for the Mix knob.. So much better for me.
rsp
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Only now noticing this.
Thanks for the Mix knob.. So much better for me.
rsp
Yeah, it makes more sense for different workflows.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Lots of fun! Bought!
Old 6 hours ago
Lives for gear

Demo'd it as wanted something to spice up a female vocal in a retro phone voice kind of way and worked perfect so bought it within 10 mins of testing. Nice one
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear