The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
FetSnap : Let Them Jump! - Analog Obsession
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

FetSnap : Let Them Jump! - Analog Obsession

FetSnap

FetSnap is the most interesting transient enhancer.

We already love famous Fet compressor, right? And FetSnap is based on this famous compressor!

In digital world, we can fully modify any circuit according to our requirements. So, just played with Fet compressor's circuit and made it transient enhancer.

Think like reverse-compressor or expander but fixed attack/release and tons of harmonics!

FetSnap will enhance attack of your source and make it jump!

It's really colorful and snappy enhancer for your drums and any percussive instruments.

But!

It's also very useful for your any other tracks!

Need punchy bass guitar? Or "in your face" slaps? Use FetSnap!

Need aggressive vocals with enhanced transient? Use FetSnap!

Need funky and twangy guitars? Enhance your pick sound with FetSnap!

And many more options up to you!

Let me explain FetSnap controls. Really easy...

Two main controls for your transients. TONE and SNAP.

Snap is the most important control of this plugin. Simply, you can dial it up and enhance your attack. That simple!

Tone control will shape your transient's tone. It's kind of tilt equalizer.

Mix will blend your shaped transients with original source.

FET symbol is simple bypass button.

Out will... (really?)

Let me talk about simple usage steps...

But before start, decide your goal! You need low end attack or high end?

If you want to enhance your low end, simply set your Tone control to Dark side. Need high end transient? Set your Tone control to Bright side.

When you decide your tone of transients, now, time to dial up your Snap control. Set your Snap control according to your taste and rise up source's attack!

If you happy with result, now, time to blend your enhanced attack with original source.

That's it!

Of course, you can enhance your transients with tons of method with this plugin!

For example, leave Tone knob at flat and add just a little bit Snap to your source and done!

Or just use Tone control and leave transient. And you have tilt eq!

Not easy to tell all possibilities with FetSnap!

Just grab your copy and enjoy!

Patreon link;

https://www.patreon.com/posts/fetsnap-38096454
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

This looks interesting I'll give a play later today. Thanks
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head
First impression (as an insert) on a guitar track: Harsh, overbearing, fiddly.
First impression (as a send) on the same guitar track: Wow! Brought the guitar to life in a wonderful way. Really have to be careful though, because a little goes a long way.
Old 3 weeks ago
Thank you! Basically a transient booster + saturator. The saturation sounds amazing, is there any chance you can release this saturation as a separate plugin without the transient boost - just the saturation? As it sounds absolutely great.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Really great sounding simple plugin. And free as well? Wow! Now, I would pay for an AAX version of this. @ AnalogObsession Any chance for an AAX version?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by XARC Mastering View Post
Thank you! Basically a transient booster + saturator. The saturation sounds amazing, is there any chance you can release this saturation as a separate plugin without the transient boost - just the saturation? As it sounds absolutely great.
You're welcome!

Yes, making it only saturator is possible. Cause original hardware has compressor bypass function to use it as line amp and saturator with high input levels.

I already built some units based on this compressor as hardware, before. I will check the circuit, again and implement it as plugin. Lets see what we get...

Quote:
Really great sounding simple plugin. And free as well? Wow! Now, I would pay for an AAX version of this. @ AnalogObsession Any chance for an AAX version?
Thanks!

I am sorry but no AAX. I explained that why i won't develope AAX, before. As you know, there are some plugins will let you know use VST in PT. You can try them...
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalogObsession View Post
You're welcome!

Yes, making it only saturator is possible. Cause original hardware has compressor bypass function to use it as line amp and saturator with high input levels.

I already built some units based on this compressor as hardware, before. I will check the circuit, again and implement it as plugin. Lets see what we get...

Thanks!

I am sorry but no AAX. I explained that why i won't develope AAX, before. As you know, there are some plugins will let you know use VST in PT. You can try them...
Aha.. I did run it in Blue Cat Patchwork and that works, but it is harder work getting the Actual Plugin GUI to open. More steps and a little fiddly. But, hey - free IS good! :D
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Holy snitzel, this thing offers some power!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalogObsession View Post
You're welcome!

Thanks!

Or add a simple switch that would bypass everything except the saturation module.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Get the feeling i might be missing something as to how exactly this an envelope shaper as there is no envelope following at all.i actually practically nulled it with what Chris of Airwindows would call an "anti-saturation"curve which in none Airwindows jargon is an inverse waveshaper transfer curve.there wasn't a single time on the drum loops i ran through it where the transients or any part of the envelope leaped beyond the curve so for all intents and purposes it seems to be insensitive to dynamic changes.make of that what you will
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Beast View Post
Or add a simple switch that would bypass everything except the saturation module.
Right!

But, it's actually adds nothing when you leave SNAP control at default position. I can add input control to feed line amp to get more saturation. Will check it!
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by sealsongs View Post
First impression (as an insert) on a guitar track: Harsh, overbearing, fiddly.
First impression (as a send) on the same guitar track: Wow! Brought the guitar to life in a wonderful way. Really have to be careful though, because a little goes a long way.
Isnt that what the mix knob is for?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Very interesting plug and sound. Congrats! I inserted in on a drum sub-mix where I had room to experiment and FetSnap added some 'tone' to the transients. I was able to reign in some kick drum 'flub' and add some depth to the body of the snare. I seemed to get 'fit in the mix' results with the mix knob at 50% and the Tone knob one notch to the left or right. Then adjust the less/more Snap in the context of the full mix. Yessir. I do think you have a winner here.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

it's such a great plugin to give software some analog smack
but is it just me, that it is too easy to overload/distort?
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear