The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Black Rooster Audio announces the KH-COMP1
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Downloaded the demo and after 2 days I can't live without it anymore.
Amazing compressor!!
Buying it.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Im a big fan of this great company, they combine quality sound with quality costumer realtions.
Looking forward to try it
Regards
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

I am so surprised that this amazing comp gets so less attention... It should get more attention
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

It surprises me too...it´s a great smacky juicy compressor and it´s very very good and relatively versatile. Quality-wise it´s up on par with the best. I recorded some of my favorite ones of all time and com1 is amongst them already...there are missing a few others I love and maybe I showcase them later in comparison with comp1.

Unisum, the most transparent and most versatile at the moment. It is a reference.

MJUC, one of my alltime favorite, the most hi-fi of them, with an unmatched clarity.

Comp1, with a flavor of its own, I don´t want to miss again. Here I used Vintage mode.

All comps have around 3 db of GR / I didn´t take the same values, I just dialed in, what I liked best for the different comps. Enjoy...and support Black Rooster
Attached Files

original.mp3 (810.0 KB, 1026 views)

MJUC.mp3 (809.1 KB, 1018 views)

KH-Comp1.mp3 (804.4 KB, 1028 views)

UniSum.mp3 (778.1 KB, 999 views)

Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

This comp does deserve a lot more attention!
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

My understanding is this is not modeled after any particular unit, but what family of compressor types would this be considered?
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezowinZ View Post
My understanding is this is not modeled after any particular unit, but what family of compressor types would this be considered?
I would call this one a chameleon compressor. The different detector modes make it super flexible and it works great on alot of sound sources.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Hey André,

if I had a free wish for this great compressor...

...it would be M/S as well as separate L/R procession. I´d love to see those features implemented and I think it would fit perfectly into its concept.

Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

This really is an exceptionally good compressor. The more I use it the more I love it. I put it on some synth lines and pads tonight and it could handle them so effortlessly. Absolutely impressive!

I can only recommend to everyone to demo this comp.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Idk y but I have to max out the threshold to really move the GR needle. It sounds good when i get it moving but I think maybe I'm doing something wrong.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear